Darkness

Last Light

Why was Taekwoon here?

He hated this. He hated being chained- he was so fragile by now, he couldn't even lift his wrists with the chains on them. He hated living off of bread and water, being forced to room with these people.

The only one he didn't mind was Kim Wonsik. Wonsik was here because he was like an animal; he had been raised in the wild by wolves for thirteen years. He could speak, but he usually didn't. He often bit people, unless they appealed to him. For some reason, Taekwoon had; they had bonded almost immediatly, and Wonsik was his only friend.

Over across the room, also chained, Park Chanyeol was crying. Chanyeol had a fragile mind and, ever since his parents died in a fire, he hallucinated. He saw horrible things. Sometimes he spoke of them, and they were so terrible,Taekwoon didn't see how Chanyeol survived.

Taekwoon didn't know most of these people. They were all here for various strange reasons; Kim Junmyeon with the ability to see ghosts, Cha Hakyeon who could talk to demons. Taekwoon only had his strange eyes... but sometimes, he would dream future events. One thing united them: they were all, each and every one of them, in some form of terrible pain. For some, like Taekwoon and Wonsik, the pain was physical; for others, like Chanyeol, it was mental.

There was one girl here, too. This room was for those who were too dangerous to be around, and Jennie Kim would not let anyone near her, without killing them. In place of her left hand, she had a club, and she was not afraid to use it. Taekwoon did not like her.

Lalisa, one of the nurses, came to give Chanyeol his medicine; it was only effective for four hours, but then at least he could rest. As she gave him the pill, Taekwoon noticed her smiling sadly at Jennie. Much to his surprise, Jennie smiled back.

Lisa came to give medicine to Taekwoon. As she poured him water to help him swallow it, he asked:

'Why am I here?'

Lisa turned around. She put down the water jug and blinked away tears.

'I don't know.'