Chapter 2

Just friends

Mina's POV

                      The walk to Cafe Velvet was silent, not awkward but just silent. We were almost here already so I decided to speak up "So what did Chaeyoung and Sana say they were doing?". I waited a few seconds but there was no response. I paused and looked beside me but Tzuyu was frozen in her spot with her eyes comically wide, she was looking at something inside or should I say someone. I followed her line of sight and saw Dahyun with... Chaeyoung and Sana. I quickly grabbed Tzuyu and took her in the alley next to Cafe Velvet, I didnt say anything not that I had anything to say anyway. I studied her expression, I could see she was shocked mostly but also hurt and sad. Im going through the same as her but she was younger and had it worse although we both had crushes that never realized we liked them, Tzuyu was also losing her best friends. She really acted mature and sometimes I forget shes younger than me but at times like this I remember. She was too precious and fragile for the pain of love but she has already felt it, she has broken down before but always picked herself up or was she just hiding from the truth?

  "Hey are... are you ok?" I blurted. I mentally facepalmed, did I really just ask that, Im so dumb but she answered nontheless " Yea... Yea Im fine. Why wouldnt I be?".

I gave her a look "Ok fine Im... hurt... betrayed... I cant really explain it but Im... its like a piece of me broke but then a piece in my brain connected." She sounded exasperated. I nodded slowly kindve getting it. "But why did they hang out with her instead of me? Am I not good enough?" She asked timidly.

"How can you say that? Tzuyu you are precious and anyone who doesnt realize that is stupid and as I said before, love takes time, they would give you a sign if they didnt like you."

"But isnt this a sign?"

"Im not sure thats up to you"

"How would I know then?"

"You just know"

She looked like she wanted to say more but was interrupted when the back door of Cafe Velvet swung open. Out came a girl and a man, it looked like the man was angry at her. Although she had a man screaming and yelling at her, she had a blank face on but it quickly changed to a shock one once the man slapped her. I gasped and then they turned finally realizing they had company, the girl had tears welling up her eyes but tried to hide them. I took a step to do something when the man swung to hit her again but before I reached her, Tzuyu had already grabbed the mans arm and bent it.

"A-aah" the man groaned in pain.

"Mister, what are you doing to this... lady?"

"This is no l-lady, shes a pathetic e-excuse for a g-girl" The man said while gritting his teeth "Now c-could you l-let go?" Although it looked like she didnt want to she let go of his arm. The man held his arm while glaring at Tzuyu but the latter paid no attention to it.

"Now tell me why were you hitting this lady?"

"Its a family matter so its none of your buisness kid" ooh Mister you made a big mistake thought as Tzuyu's eyes narrowed. "Mister I understand that this is a family matter but what I dont understand is why you are taking care of this next to a restaurant. I also dont get why you call me a kid when your the one yelling and hitting your daughter only because she accidently spilled her drink on you.Yea thats right, I heard you and plus I can see the wet spot on your pants". The way she said it was so cold it sent chills to my back, how is it that just a minute ago she was about to cry but now she was like... how do I say it... she was like an Ice Princess. The man's face was like a tomato, from anger or embarrasment I couldnt tell, he looked like he wanted to say something but kept quiet once Tzuyu glared at him.

The man huffed and turned to the girl "This isn't over" He growled.

"Oh yes it is" Tzuyu growled back.

He finally left very angrily. We glanced at each other then looked at the girl who was brushing of the dirt on her pants. "I didnt need saving" She said after a long silence.

"Youre welcome" Tzuyu said sarcastically.

"...Thanks... I feel like I owe you something now" her voice was so soft. These two kids were like bipolar or something. 

"Nah you don't owe me anything, I hate people like him" 

"Yes I do"

"Hmmmm... If you insist... but nothing big ok?" Tzuyu relented when the girl gave her a puppy dog face.

"Ok, my name is SinB. What's yours?"

"Tzuyu. Chou Tzuyu" Then silence. I cleared my throat "Im Myoui Mina" and flashed a gummy smile.

"So what do you want for the favor?"

"I dont know" Tzuyu shrugged.

"Hmm... lets start with a snack from the cafe. Lets go?"

"sure. Mina wanna come?"

"I guess" did Tzuyu forget who was in there? Oh nevermind she remembers I thought as her eyes widened again. "W-wait actually-" Tzuyu was cut off.

"OK LETS GO!" Sinb shouted excitedy "Me friends ditched me which is why I had to come with my dad" I could tell Tzuyu felt sorry and I knew she wasnt going to say anything about Chaeyoung and Sana. We followed her inside and immediately smelled the scent of coffee and cake.

"So what to you guys want?" Sinb asked

"Strawberry cheesecake and Green tea boba tea" Tzuyu and I blurted at the same time. Sinb gave the ok sign and left to order, which left Tzuyu and I to find our seats. And just our luck! The only table open is the table next to Chaeyoung, Dahyun, and Sana... Great. I took a glance at Tzuyu but she had a poker face on. We sat there and waited for Sinb to return, "So... after this want to watch a star wars marathon?" at this her eyes brightened almost immediately "yea can we?". I stifled a laugh, write then and there she really seemed like a dongsaeng. Sinb came back with our food and hers, we invited he to watch with us and she agreed but on a condition that the next time we would watch Harry Potter instead.

I felt someone staring at us so I looked beside me but no one was paying attention to us. A few seconds later I felt a gaze yet again but this time I caught Chaeyoung and Sana staring our way. Once they noticed me looking at them, they turned their head, I nudged Tzuyu and gestured towards their table and she sent me a questioning look. I pointed towards them and then pointed towards us and finally she caught on. But her expression didnt change much just to a look of surprise.

"Wait what was your surname again?" Sinb questioned.

"Me or her?" I asked.

"Tzuyu" She answered.

"Oh, my surname is Chou... why?"

"Oh I knew you looked familiar, My surname is Hwang"

Tzuyu's eyes widened for the third time today.

"WAIT NO WAY! HWANG EUNBI?" Tzuyu shouted excitedly.

"YEA YOU REMEMBER?"

"How can I not?"

"Wait you two know each other?" I asked totally lost.

They both nodded and explained that they were childhood friends but lost connection when Sinb moved back to Korea. They kept talking and catching up, just then I felt a tap on my shoulder, I turned and saw Chae, Dahyun, and Sana. I nudged Tzuyu but she ignored it so I kept nudging her until she finally looked at me with a annoyed expression until she saw the three of them. By that time Sinb had already finished talking and asked who they were.

"We're Tzuyu's best friends, Chaeyoung and Sana" They explained.

Tzuyu scoffed "Some best friends" At that they looked genuinely guilty and opened there mouth as if to say something but didnt get the opportunity too because Tzuyu's phone rang. Three times a day by twice blasted through the Cafe.

"Hello?... Dad? Whats up?... yea... Wait WHAT?!" Tzuyu shouted the last part. My gaze changed to one of worry and sent her a questioning look but all she gave me was a 'one minute' gesture.

"When is it?... Oh... Ok I'll tell her... bye love you too"

"So what happened?" We asked in a surprising unison. She opened and-

Authors Note:// heyo, so Im only going to be updating on weekends because of school and its really hard to write on my phone. I'll try to update whenever I can but no promises :p. Bye