Chapter Nine

Paint My Love

Sehun woke up to whispers around him. When he opened his eyes, Jongin’s handsome face greeted him. He immediately woke up.

“You’re awake.” their resident doctor in their neighborhood, Junmyeon, greeted. “We can finally go home.”

Sehun looked at his two friends sitting on the other couch.

“Finally!” Baekhyun said while stretching his arms. “I thought we’ll stay here until tomorrow.”

“I’m sorry, I fell asleep…” Sehun turned to Jongin. “Why are you awake? You’re supposed to be sleeping.”

“I’m a light sleeper. I don’t know why.”

“That’s stress, my dear boy.” Junmyeon said. “Sehun, did you know this boyfriend of yours has been suffering from severe stress for the last couple of years? That’s why he immediately fell asleep here, after sustaining another injury. His body has been badly needing a lot, and I mean, a lot of rest. If this continues, I think a heart is on the way.”

Sehun looked intently at Jongin. He cannot be mad at him. Or lecture him of what he’s doing with his body is bad because he knows what Jongin is going through. It was not just a stress of the body he had been suffering from. He’s experiencing too much mental and emotional stress.”

“Mr. Kim, almost the entire population is busy. But they can still find a way to rest. Give yourself a break. You’re not going to die if you do nothing in one day but rest.” Junmyeon tapped Jongin on his shoulder. “If your want to see your future children grow up,  I suggest you take actions now. This is for your own good.”

“Oh my gosh, Sehun!” Baekhyun blurted. “You’ll be a widow soon?”

“Don’t worry.” Kyungsoo said. “There are more handsome and rich men who can fall in love with Sehun if ever he becomes a widow. So, uh, we should go now. Sehun, take care of him. He’s handsome so it’s a waste if he leaves the Earth.”

Sehun walked his friends and the doctor out of his house.

“Sehun, do you like that guy?” Junmyeon asked.

“Wow, Junmyeon hyung, you’re a love counselor as well?” Baekhyun teased.

“It comes in handy. Well, Sehun?”

Sehun nodded gently.

“The, you should seduce him if you want to utilize him for a long time.”

“Hyung, you’re saying that as if Jongin is a tool or something.”

“Whatever he may be, if I were you, I won’t let him go. Now that he’s in your home. Catch him while you still can.”

Sehun wants to cringe to Junmyeon’s words. Baekhyun and Kyungsoo shook their heads. “Junmyeon hyung, if you’re not a doctor, I must’ve smacked your head by now.”

“Well, it’s up to you, Sehun. Bye.”

“Sehun, for you.” Kyungsoo handed him a small packet. “It’s bubble gum flavored.”

“?”

“Wow, give me that.” Baekhyun wasn’t able to grab the from him because he was able to snatch it away from Kyungsoo’s hand.

“You two, please leave. You’re disrupting the peace here.”

With that, the two finally left. Now, all he needs to face is Jongin. But for now, he will just bury the damn on the ground. He’s in the middle of digging when Jongin went outside.

“I have to go. I have caused you so much trouble.”

Sehun madly stepped on the ground where he buried the . “Eat something first before you leave.”

“No, thank you. I’ll just eat at home.”

“Dr. Kim specifically ordered to not neglect yourself. He entrusted you to my care so whether you like it or not, you will eat something before you leave.” Sehun glared at Jongin. If this guy cannot love him back, he should at least make sure that he will do everything to take care of Jongin. Even if it means that he’ll give the guy some sleeping pills so that his body can rest.

“Do you still have that dish that you gave me last time?” Jongin asked.

“Yeah, there are plenty of those in my kitchen.” Sehun smiled triumphantly.


“You don’t have any companion here in your house?” Jongin asked Sehun.

“No. It’s just me.” He answered. Sehun is standing in front of the gas stove while holding a cookbook on his one hand while deciphering the instructions on how to cook the dish that he wants to prepare. “My family are all in Canada. I’m the only one who’s left here in Korea.”

“Why are you not with them?”

“Because there’s no Myeongdong, Hongdae, and Apgujeong in Canada.” He answered while putting the ingredients inside the pan and stirring it. He continued reading the instructions on the cookbook. I have a cook who’s here at morning, noon, and evening to cook for me.”

“Why are you cooking then?”

“She’s sick. So I’m the one who’s cooking.” Sehun turned to Jongin. “Why? Is there a problem?”

“No.”

“Why are you holding a knife?”

“I’ll chop the vegetables.”

“Ah, no. You put it down. Just rest and that’s the only thing that you should do.”

Jongin placed the knife back. Sehun went back to his cooking. “Hmm. It smells so good”

“Sehun?”

“Why?” Sehun fanned the smoke of the dish that he’s cooking.

“What’s the name of that painting?”

“Oh, that one? ‘Jongin’.

“You named it after me?”

“Huh?” Jongin is smiling at him differently. And Sehun knows why. Jongin is the only painting hanging in and outside his house. “Yes, I really named that painting after you.”

“Is that the one where you smashed the flowers I gave you on our second meeting?”

“Ah… kind of… yes.”

“I never thought flowers could be used that way. It’s really nice.”

“Thanks. That’s what my friends also say. To think that they don’t know how to appreciate paintings.”

Jongin is that special, huh?”

Sehun felt his cheeks go hot that’s why he turned his attention to cooking. Jongin might have already know what he feels for him because of his painting.

“Can I buy it?” Jongin asked. “Name your price.”

“One hundred million. Dollars.”

“That’s more expensive than Van Gogh’s painting.”

“Of course! It’s my painting. If you can’t afford it, just leave it there.”

Jongin went silent behind him. Then he heard him say, “call.”

“What?”

“I said ‘call’. I’ll buy it. Would that be in cash or in check?”

Goodness! Just what was his business. He must be a drug lord. “No.” Sehun declined.

“No?”

“No. I don’t wanna sell it.”

“Why?”

Sehun can’t answer. Because that is special to me. That was the day you made your existence clear to me. When you touched my cheek to brush away that paint smudge that I had.

“Sehun?”

“It’s a secret.” Sehun reasoned. “You know, each painter has their own special painting that they can’t let go. Mine is Jongin.

“I can’t help but think it was always me you were referring to whenever you mentioned about that painting.”

“I can’t blame you.” Sehun said, still not looking at Jongin. “Because I was thinking of you when I made that painting. You have a claim on it. But of course, it was me who signed that painting so I still own it. And it’s my decision on what to do with it.”

“Okay.”

The cookbook was instantly gone in Sehun’s hand when he felt an arm circled his waist. He was pressed back against Jongin’s solid strength. Jongin had put his head on his shoulder, while his other hand got hold of his.

“You’re doing it wrong.” Jongin whispered. He was still holding his hand and together they stirred the ingredients in the pan.

Sehun felt hot not because of the fire produced by the stove but because of the heat that is produced by their bodies that are pressed together. Sehun never thought that cooking could be this… exotic. He counted for a few seconds to try to remember what to put next based on the book. But Jongin’s presence was making it difficult for him to concentrate. Especially when Jongin’s lips went from his ear to the side of his neck. Sehun’s mind was filled with lust. And he cannot do anything but to close his eyes and get carried away of the sensation of Jongin’s lips slowly kissing his neck.

Sehun dropped the ladle and faced Jongin so that he can kiss him freely. Sehun clung his arms around Jongin’s neck as the older wrapped him in his arms and pushed him up to the cold tile of the sink. Sehun opened his legs to accommodate Jongin as they continued to drown each other with hot kisses. He felt like burning up. Jongin seemed to have awakened something primitive inside him that had been yearning to come out as soon as the right person triggered it. And Jongin was the person for him, the man he never thought he could ever love this much to the point of surrendering his very soul to him.

Their movements become frantic as they sought to free each other of the clothes that had been hindering their total intimacy. But because of his wrong move, he slid down the counter and his head bumped into the solid tile.

“Ouch! Fuc—“

“Sehun!”

The intense magic was gone and what was left was the freaking pain on his head as Jongin pulled him up and guided him to the kitchen chair to inspect his swollen head. Jongin was gone for a while and when he came back, he has a cold compress in his hand that was used on his back earlier.

“Ouch…”

“Is it really painful?”

Sehun just nodded.

“Don’t worry, it will be over soon. And, Sehun?”

“Yeah?”

“I love you.”

 


Holy smokes, what was that!? /blushes furiously/ It's my first time to write an (almost) and I don't know anymore oh my gosh. Lmfao anyway, we're down to the last chapter and the story of our dear Kyungsoo and Chanyeol will be posted next. So please anticipate it. Thank you so much for all the support. And oh, make sure to follow our Nini on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/zkdlin/ and Baekhyun on Twitter: https://twitter.com/B_hundred_Hyun