Chapter Seven

Paint My Love

“Really? You’re with my brother the whole day yesterday, Sehun oppa?” Yeri asked him.

He nodded.

Yeri stomped her foot and screamed because of happiness. The two of them are in the terrace of Yeri’s room. Sehun decided to visit the young lady and of course, her brother. But the thing is, Jongin is not in their home. As usual, he’s at work according to Yeri.

“That’s why my brother is happier these past few days. Something finally happened between you two.”

“Nothing’s happening between us, just teasing and bickering with each other.”

“Then make a move! I’m sure oppa will like it.”

“I don’t know if you’re Jongin’s sister or a matchmaker.”

“Both, Sehun oppa. Did you and my brother kissed already?”

“Not yet.” Sehun said and smirked.

“Sehun oppa…”

“Hmm?”

“Do you like my brother?”

“Yes.” He was at ease when he said it to Yeri. Maybe because he isn’t denying anything. “Yeah, I like him.”

“Like as in like or like as in ‘I-like-you-will-you-marry-me’?”

Sehun leaned towards Yeri and whispered. “I-like-you-will-you-marry-me.” He said. It’s useless to hide anything. He liked Jongin a lot.

“Seriously?”

Sehun nodded.

Yeri almost jumped from happiness. “Are you in love with him, Sehun oppa?”

“Lady, no one loves as fast as that. Love takes time?”

“Really? But why did love at first sight exist in the first place?”

“I don’t know. But for me, that’s not true. It’s just a spur of the moment emotion. Sometimes people think that they are in love the moment they see that person. But the truth is, is just fascination.”

Yeri stared at him.

“Why? What’s wrong?” Sehun asked.

“You haven’t fallen in love yet, have you?”

“Of course, I have.”

“When?”

“Before.”

“Oppa, your answer is so short. I won’t tell you Jongin oppa’s secrets anymore.” Yeri pouted.

“Even if you don’t tell me, I have my ways to find them out.”

“That’s so unfair!” Yeri frowned. “But, kidding aside. Do you think it’s possible for you to fall in love with my brother?”

Yes, Sehun;s heart immediately replied. Jongin is a nice guy. The more that he gets to know him, the deeper his feelings to him get. Sometimes, he spaces out thinking about Jongin. He also stops in the middle of doing his painting just to think of Jongin. That’s why his rejected works are piling up on his studio. He gets annoyed sometimes. But who will he blame? Jongin who doesn’t have an idea that he has that effect on him?

Sehun touched his cheeks. “Oh my God, Yeri. I think I’m in love with your brother.”

“What? But you just know each other for just two weeks. How about your belief that no one falls in love for a short time?”

“I don’t know.”

“Oh gosh. You’re really in love. Because you don’t even know what you’re saying.”

“Oh, no!”

“Oh, yes!”

Sehun is doomed. Why did he went to Yeri’s house in the first place? That resulted in clearing up his confusion about his feelings. It’s better if he’s confused. At least he can come up with several excuses with his feelings. He sighed. “Why did I talk to you, Yeri? I’m just in my house. Now, I’m going crazy.”

“Don’t worry, Sehun oppa. I will help you. What’s the problem? Okay, I will talk to my friend’s brother who is a doctor. I will tell him to diagnose me again. I’ll pretend to have another disease. Because my earlier alibi of having a hunger strike won’t work this time.”

 While Yeri was thinking of a new plan, he took an apple from her nightstand and took a bite of it. He even choked on it when a bottled water appeared in front of him. When he looked at the person who handed the water, he almost stood up from his seat.

“Jongin!” When did he enter the room? Did he hear the conversation between Yeri and him? If you think of it, he practically confessed his love for Jongin earlier.

Jongin took the apple from him and cut it into pieces. Then he gave it back to him. “I told to eat slowly. Still, you’re not cutting your apple the right way. You almost had an accident before because of an apple but you’re doing it again.”

“I-I forgot.”

“Then next time, don’t forget. What if something happened to you and I’m not there to save you?”

“I can save myself.”

“No, you couldn’t. The last time you did that… well, I don’t know when the last time you did that.”

“Jongin, I’m not your sibling. So stop fussing over me.”

 Jongin seemed to froze for a moment. Then he left. Just like that.

Sehun looked at Yeri who is also puzzled like him. “Did I say something wrong, Yeri?”

“I don’t know, Sehun oppa. You want me to ask him?”

“No. Just let him be. If I talked to him he might know my feelings for him.”

“What’s wrong with that? It might be good that he knows your feelings for him. Then, it’s up to him what his plan of action will be.”

“What if his actions are not to my liking?”

“Oppa, didn’t you say that you cannot teach your heart? If it won’t work out between the two of you, then so be it. We cannot do anything then.”

So does it mean that he will go home in tears? No, that’s not fair. But if everything that Yeri have said is true, what if her brother doesn’t feel the same way? He cannot tell Jongin to love him back.

“This is bad.” Sehun suddenly felt a headache coming. Good thing this happens as early as now. Because if this happens later, for sure he cannot take back his feelings for him. But now he can take back all of his feelings for Jongin. He might have loved him but Jongin didn’t own his mind. He can always tell his heart to stop loving Jongin.

Sehun frowned at Yeri. “Why did you tell me that your brother might have feelings for me? That I’m the only one whom he brought here and everything?”

“That’s true! And since he met you, I can always talk to him easily.” Yeri looked at the direction where her brother went. “I just don’t know what happened to him just now.”

“Hey, you might have imagined everything that you have said to me before.” His realizations for today feels heavy and painful. But if he doesn’t want to get hurt again, he shouldn’t love someone. Unless he is sure that his feelings are returned. “Okay, Yeri. I’ll go now. It might take a while before I come here again.”

“Why?”

“I need to sort some things out. I need to stay away from your brother for a while.”

 


 

Sehun saw Jongin on the wine bar when he went down from Yeri’s room. He can feel his heart squeezing painfully to the knowledge of Jongin might not love him back the way he loves him. He loved someone before and got hurt because that person wasn’t able to return his feelings. That’s the reason why he distanced himself from everyone that took interest in him.

His friends say that he treats his suitors bad. He just didn’t want to get hurt again. What is so bad about that? He’s just protecting his heart.

He should leave this house in an instant. But it seems like his feet has its own mind. He just stayed on where he is standing and just looked at Jongin. Was this his goodbye? Probably. So, for the last time, he would watch Jongin silently until it was time to say farewell. Jongin might have felt that someone was looking at him so he looked at Sehun.

“Sehun?”

“Jongin…”

“Wanna join me for a minute? While waiting for the taxi that I called for you.”

“I don’t drink.”

“It’s okay. I can just drink for the two of us.”

His heart says yes so he went near Jongin. He almost reached out to him to touch his handsome face, just for the last time. But then he restrained himself. If he wanted to get over Jongin, he had to start now. He sat beside him. “It’s too early to get drunk.”

“it’s already five in the afternoon, it’s okay.” Jongin filled his glass with more alcohol. “This is also to make me sleep. I haven’t slept properly since Yeri became sick. And then I have to juggle with watching over our company.”

“I already told you, take a rest even just for a day. You are the boss so you can do that.”

“I’m trying. But the thing is, I cannot relax. I have so many things to think about.” Jongin gulped the remaining drink on his glass. “How can you relax when your mind is busy thinking of something? Or someone?”

Sehun picked a leaf from the potted plant beside him, folded it, and then used it to pick dirt under his fingernails. “If you don’t take a vacation, you might get sick. Who will take care of Yeri and your company?”

“Sehun…” The leaf is suddenly gone from his hand. Jongin already took it and threw it away. Then he pulled him and they went to the living room. Jongin made him sit on the couch. “Stay here.” Jongin went somewhere and when he came back, he is carrying a pink box. It must be Yeri’s. He opened it. Jongin seemed hesitant to touch the nail care tools. “Where’s the nail cutter?” Jongin asked.

“What are you doing?”

“I’m really annoyed with how you pick your nails with anything that you see.” Jongin pulled his one hand and took the nail cutter inside the pink box. “Don’t move or I might hurt you.”

“Give me that. I’ll do it.” Sehun said.

“I insist. Just sit down and stay still.”

Sehun looked at Jongin. “What?”

“I said stay still.” Jongin glared at the nail cutter. “What the heck is this?” Jongin tried to cut his nails again.

Sehun didn’t move because Jongin might damage his nails. While the other guy is busy cutting his nails, he had a chance to stare at Jongin’s face. And his heart just wouldn’t stop beating for Jongin. He just loved this slightly arrogant, slightly selfish, overly handsome, and totally great guy.

“I heard you at the terrace earlier.” Jongin said later.

Sehun felt his heart dropped. Oh, no! Did he hear everything? If it weren’t for the fact that Jongin might cut his fingers, he would’ve run away.

“You’re saying goodbye to Yeri.” Jongin said without looking away from his nails. “Where are you going?”

“N-nowhere.” I’ll just hide from you until I convinced myself that I shouldn’t go near you. I’ll just be busy with my paintings so I cannot visit you as often as before.”

“That’s it?”

“Yes.” It seems like Jongin’s voice became lively.

“That’s nice. I thought you are going to leave the country.”

“Where will I go if ever? I don’t know any job besides painting.”

“Hmm…”

Sehun felt something painful. “Ouch! My nailbed is bleeding.” He saw how Jongin paled. “Hey, Jongin! I was just kidding.”

Jongin pulled his hand and looked at his hurt finger. When he saw that there’s a small bleeding part on the side of his nail, Jongin gently caressed it. “I’m sorry.”

Sehun’s heart melted. What are you doing, Jongin? Stop seducing my heart even further! Yes, ypu have my heart already so there’s no need to do that! “Don’t worry about it too much. It’s just a scratch.” Sehun thinks that Jongin will react but he didn’t. He continued to his hand. Jongin is also soothing his heart. “Jongin…”

“You said that you can see colors on people’s personalities, right?” Jongin asked him.

“Yes.”

“What do you think is your color, Sehun?” The way Jongin said his name really does wonders on his heart.

“Gray.”

“So, that’s for sadness, right? What’s making you sad, Sehun?”

Sehun sighed. “A lot of things. Global warming, for once. And my past.”

“Your past?” Jongin looked at him.

“Because of what I have experienced before, I wasn’t able to make way for a new possibility of… uh… you know what it is.”

“Possibility of another love coming your way? I know the feeling.”

“You too?”

“All of us have a ghost from their past. It’s just in different form. Still, it’s just a ghost. It can’t hurt you.” Jongin is finally done cutting his nails.

“Thank you, Jongin.”

“You’re welcome.” He stared at him.

Sehun touched his cheek and plated a kiss on the side of Jongin’s lips. Then he stood up and immediately went outside his house. Knowing for sure, he could get past his own ghost had he learned to forgive the one who had hurt him.

 


Hey guys! I'm so sorry for not updating for a while but here's the sevent chapter! Three more chapters left and we're done with the story. Anyway, here's the poll as promised. Help me decide on what story I should work on first. Here are the plots to help you decide:

 

So for ChanSoo's story:

Kyungsoo didn’t notice that as the time went by, his admiration is getting deeper for the handsome owner of Viva Polo, Chanyeol. Then he finally realized that he totally fallen in love with him.

But there’s a problem. Their personalities are worlds apart. Chanyeol is a serious person, while he is a shallow person. Chanyeol is organized while he is not. Chanyeol likes no-nonsense movies while he is just contented with Rilakkuma.

But he loves Chanyeol. How can he make their seemingly far worlds near?

 

Imagine Chanyeol's character in EXO next door. I based his personality from that character and Kyungsoo got his personality from Incheon gal. And I apologize for the poor plot. I at writing plots lmfao.

 

And for BaekXing's story:

Baekhyun is a perfect boyfriend material. He was smart, handsome, successful, rich. That’s why he’s wondering why his other friends who has no interest in men suddenly became cupid’s latest victims. His one friend is getting married while the other one has a hot businessman for an admirer. But he, the great Byun Baekhyun doesn’t even have a boyfriend.

He started asking himself. Maybe he’s ugly? One person has the guts to answer it—Yixing, his nerd neighbor.

“If you’re handsome, why would you need my opinion?”

Damn this man! He shouldn’t even asked Yixing in the first place. Baekhyun doesn’t want to accept his answer so he threatened Yixing that he wouldn’t leave his house until he doesn’t fall for his charms. But why can’t he see Yixing as a nerd? And the worst thing is why is he the one falling for the charms of the sleepy-looking man? Oh no…

 

So yeah, sassy Baek and nerd Yixing. How does that sound? 

Please vote here:

https://www.asianfanfics.com/poll/aff_view/126683

Thank you so much! ❤