Chapter Eight

Paint My Love

“Hey! You’re getting lost in dreamland again.”

Sehun glanced at his friends who are playing videogames in his home. Baekhyun and Kyungsoo are seated on the floor, holding controller while he is on the couch, lying on his back.

“You’ve changed these past few weeks, Hunnie.” Baekhyun said. “What’s happening with you?”

“Nothing.”

“Oh, really?” Kyungsoo sassed, while trying to kill Baekhyun’s character.

“Yes, really.” Sehun said.

“You’re lying. You want me to whack your head with this?” Kyungsoo said while Baekhyun screamed. He successfully killed the older’s character.

“Hey, give me that! That’s expensive.” Sehun grabbed the controller from the still screaming Baekhyun who almost threw the controller. “I miss him.”

“Who?”

“Jongin.”

“What’s new?” Kyungsoo commented. “You always miss him. You always talk about him. We are sick and tired of always hearing about him but since it’s been a while since we’ve seen you this happy, we just let you.”

“I’m not just having problems with Jongin.”

“You’re in love with him.” Baekhyun and Kyungsoo said at the same time.

“How did you know?”

His two hyungs simultaneously answered.

“Hunnie, if you didn’t notice, you look like someone who is in love.” Baekhyun said.

“You’re always telling us stories about him.” Kyungsoo commented.

“You couldn’t paint unless you see that ‘Jongin’ painting on your kitchen. Plus, you cook—which you don’t normally do.”

“Your face lights up whenever you hear his name.”

“And!” The two answered together again. “He’s the only one whom you didn’t make your slave.”

“I did.”

“When?”

“When we went to Myeondong.”

“He volunteered, Sehun. He didn’t do it because he wants your approval.”

“Fine! Fine!” Sehun screamed. “I love him! I’m in love with him!” He rolled and buried his face on the couch. “But he didn’t feel the same.”

“So?” Baekhyun sassed again. “What if he doesn’t love you?”

“Of course it’s a big deal.” Kyungsoo said. “How can they be happy if only one person is being in love?”

Sehun became quiet. His Kyungsoo hyung is right. How can he get his happy love story if he’s the only one who is in love?

“Is this why you are camping here in your home? Because you are avoiding Jongin?” Baekhyun queried.

“I just don’t want to get hurt again. And Jongin can definitely hurt me, consciously or unconsciously.  Because he’s the one that I loved. When I fell for him, I gave him full access to my heart.”

“That really happens when you’re in love. You’re bound to sacrifice everything.”

“Wait.” Baekhyun piped. “Did you tell Jongin already?”

“No.”

“Why?”

“What if he turned it down?”

“And so? What is the use of your two hands? Your fists and your mouth? Give him a punch, bite him. There are a lot of things you can do to hurt people. That’s why the word ‘revenge’ is invented.”

“I don’t want to physically hurt him.”

“In what way then? Emotionally?”

“Wait, Baekhyun. You’re making everything a mess. Let’s just let Sehun absorb everything that we have said. Let him have his plan of action.” Kyungsoo turned to him. “Hey, Sehunnie. What will you do? You can’t just stay and hide here forever.”

“I agree.” Baekhyun said. “Face him. Confront him so that you will have your answer.” Baekhyun was interrupted when the doorbell rang. “What a nuisance!” He stood up and went to the door to open it, but after a few seconds, he came rushing back. “H-he…” His visitor showed up. “Him.”

“Sehun.”

“Jongin?”

“Kim Jongin?” Kyungsoo said. “Oh, um Sehun. We’ll go.” Then he dragged Baekhyun out of his house.

When the two of them are left, he doesn’t know what to say. Because they were just talking about him and here he was. “W-what are you doing here?” He asked.

“Yeri wants to give you something.” Jongin handed him a food container. “She says she misses you.”

I’m the one who’s missing you!  Sehun almost said aloud. He took the container from Jongin. “Please tell her that I appreciate this.”

“Yeah.” Jongin remained on his place for a few seconds, waiting for his next move. When he didn’t say anything, Jongin assumed that he won’t say anything so he started walking towards the front door.

“Jongin, wait.” He called.

Jongin looked at him.

Sehun’s heart hammered on his chest. “M-maybe… maybe you want to have coffee first?”

“I already had one earlier. Thanks though.”

“Okay.” Dammit! “Drive safely.”

“I will, thanks.”

Sehun walked Jongin outside. He wants to stop him, hug him and tell him that he loves him so much and he doesn’t want to go away from him. But there’s something that is stopping him. He saw his friends hiding behind the fence and secretly cheering him on. Baekhyun and Kyungsoo are motioning him to kiss Jongin, push him, or pin him down on the ground and kiss him senseless. Sehun just ignored them. He cannot do that. Jongin is a very respectable person.

“By the way, Sehu—”

Jongin’s chest slammed hard against his when he turned around to look at him. And he’s also not looking at where he is walking. Good thing Jongin was able to place his hand on his shoulders. But since they are almost at the same height and build, the impact was kind of strong and they fell on the ground. He fell down and landed on Jongin’s body. Sehun heard him wince softly. He immediately gets off on Jongin.

“Jongin!”

“I’m alright.” Jongin said in a whisper.

“Kyungsoo hyung, Baekhyun hyung!” Sehun called while helping Jongin sit on the couch. “Call a doctor! Call an ambulance! Who knows how to do a first aid?” Sehun asks rapidly.

“Sehun, calm down.” Jongin pulled him down to the couch, beside him. “Relax, I’m fine. I think I will just get a few scratch and bruise. But all in all, I’m really just fine.”

“What if you have internal bleeding? You might die because of that.” Sehun turned to his friends. “Call Doctor Choi, please.”

Baekhyun huffed. “Let’s go, Kyungsoo. His majesty won’t be at peace unless we do what he wants.”

“Okay, Sehun. You take care of Jongin first. We’ll just call Doctor Choi.” Kyungsoo said.

Sehun looked at Jongin when is friends left. “Can I see your back? It might have an injury or something.”

“Sehun what do you think of me? I won’t die of a simple fall.”

“Shut up, Jongin! Just show me your back.”

“All right.”

Heis right. Jongin fell on an uneven surface so a large part of his back is starting to get swollen. “Stay here. I will just get a cold compress.” He left to get it from the kitchen.

“You’re cute when you were in college.” Jongin is holding a picture frame and he placed it back.

“And what do you mean by that? That I am ugly now? Show me your back.” Jongin followed. Sehun carefully placed the cold compress on his back. “I’m sorry. You got injured because of me.”

“I’m at fault as well. I immediately turned back without warning.”

“Fine, let’s forgive each other.”

“Okay.”

“Lie down so that I can properly apply this on your back.”

Jongin obeyed. Sehun saw his other injury that he wasn’t able to see earlier. It’s better if a doctor will check it. It’s better to be sure.

“It’s been a while since I first came here, huh?”

“Keep quiet. Wait, are you still hurting somewhere else?”

“No. Even the part where you are applying your cold compress, it doesn’t hurt.”

“Shh! Just stay still.”

“Sehun?”

“Yes?” Sehun waited for Jongin to say something but he didn’t. “Jongin?”

“Yeah?”

“Why are you not saying anything?”

“I was just thinking…”

“About what?” Jongin didn’t answer him again. “Jongin?” He was silent. Fear crept up on Sehun’s chest. He is about to scream when he hears Jongin’s snores. He just fell asleep. This guy immediately managed to fall asleep even if he’s just lying on his couch. Sehun looked at the handsome face of the man who’s constantly on his mind the moment he realized that he fell in love with him. He’s peaceful. But he can still see some traces of fatigue on his face. There was an early growth of beard and that faint bags under his eyes.

“Jongin.” Sehun said softly. “What have you been doing these past few days?” He sighed. What’s important is that Jongin is by his side again. The man who he keeps on denying his love for him yet destiny keeps on pushing him back to him. If that’s really his destiny then he will give it a chance. Even if it’s just for a short time. He touched Jongin’s hair and gently brushed his finger to his cheek. “Sleep tight, Jongin. I’ll be right here when you wake up.” It wasn’t just his promise to Jongin but for himself as well.

“Sehun…”

“Huh?” Jongin is still asleep. He was talking in his slumber. And Jongin is calling his name. It’s a good sign, right? That Jongin constantly thinks of him that even in his sleep, he’s calling his name. Sehun smiled widely. “Fine. I’ll just stay here beside you. I’ll join you because you’re also on my mind these past few weeks.”

 


Hello everyone! I apologize if I was gine for almost a month. So many things have happened. But the most important thing is that the EℓyXiOn in Manila happened! So it was on April 28th and boy, I had the best time of my life. The boys were really fun and they are so handsome in real life. Especially Minseok. The man is ethereal, I must say. And I almost drooled on Jongdae's guns. Jfc. When did he get so muscular like that! And of course, I was so happy because some SeKai happened at the concert, so my SeKai heart is satisfied. ❤❤❤ 

Anyway, regarding the poll that I have posted, majority of you chose ChanSoo so their story will be posted next after this one, followed by BaekXing. Thank you so much! We're down with the last two chapters so I hope you stay with me~ 

Lastly, please watch Busted on Netflix. You'll see new sides of our Sehunnie there. I got to watch it because of the free one month trial that Sehun suggested on their press con 😂😂😂