Chapter One

Paint My Love

Here is some visual representation:

Sehun read the title of the book that he is holding. Idiot’s Guide To A Romantic Date. Then he gave his friend Baekhyun a bored look as he put the book on the shelf.  “I said I will buy an interesting book. I don’t need a book to tell me that I’m an idiot at dating.”

“Why? I think that book is pretty interesting.” Baekhyun said. “Here.” The smaller guy handed him some paperback novels. “This one is by Stephanie Perkins. She writes great books.”

Sehun returned the paperback novel to the bookcase. “Baekhyun hyung, if you don’t have something useful to do, just disturb other people.” Sehun looked around the store and pointed at someone. “There’s a handsome nerd that way. Give him a makeover so that you can finally do something useful.”

Baekhyun looked at the man. “He doesn’t need my help. He should just comb his hair and he will be handsome in no time.” Baekhyun looked at him. “But you—”

“I’m handsome.” Sehun cut Baekhyun’s words.

“I know.” Baekhyun agreed. “But were you able to have a boyfriend for once?”

“Yeah, back in high school.” Sehun immediately answered. He tried to look for some interesting books on the shelf. Hmm… Witchcraft one-o-one. “His name is Donghae and he is a wimp of the first order. So I don’t want to talk about him. He’s not worth my time and saliva.” Sehun’s eyes shone when a book caught his attention. “World’s Most Famous Crimi—” Baekhyun was able to grab the book from his hand before he can even finish reading its title.

“Come on, Sehunnie.” Baekhyun said to him. “Be serious about your love life for once.”

“Hyung, why are you even troubled with the fact that I am single?”

“Because you’re already 27! And together with Kyungsoo we made a promise on whoever gets a boyfriend first will chose the next one who will follow his footsteps. And Kyungsoo chose you. It’s pretty annoying. Why didn’t he choose me?  And among us three, it’s me who wants to have a boyfriend yet I’m going to be the last who will have one.”

“Is that why are you pushing me to have a boyfriend so that you can have one too?” Sehun playfully pinched Baekhyun’s cute button nose. “You know, hyung, if I didn’t know you finished with honors in college and now a fashion editor of a magazine, I will think that you are stupid.”

Baekhyun slapped his arm with a book on his hands. “Oh Sehun, if you’re not my friend, I will send you to jail right now.”

“Hey! What are you doing, hyung? You don’t know who you are slapping with that thick book. I am the greatest abstract painter here in South Korea so you should respect me!”

He and Baekhyun continued bantering.

The three of them are friends. Kyungsoo, Baekhyun and him. They met because they live in the same neighborhood in Yeouido. They all became friends in an instant because maybe they all think the same.

“Excuse me.” A cute teenager peeked behind a bookshelf. “I’m so sorry to disturb you but I overheard your conversation earlier.”

“You know, kid—”

Baekhyun covered Sehun’s mouth with his own hand. “Are we being noisy?” Baekhyun asked the girl. “I’m sorry. My friend here is so loud.”

Sehun removed Baekhyun’s hand that is covering his mouth. “What the heck? Your hand is salty. Wash your hands before leaving your house, hyung.”

“See? He’s so noisy. Again, I apologize. I promise, Sehunnie won’t make any noise again.”

The girl smiled at him. “Is it true that you are Oh Sehun? The abstract painter?”

Sehun nodded smugly.

Baekhyun elbowed him. “Answer her properly.”

Sehun looked at the girl. “Yeah, I am. Why?” and smiled.

The girl’s face brightened. He and Baekhyun winced when she jumped and shrieked. “I am your number one fan, Sehun-ssi! I just love your works! Every exhibit of you that I have visited, I made sure to buy at least one of your paintings. Back when I first saw your work in my Mom’s collections. So now, I have my own collection of your paintings!” She hugged him. “I wanted to meet you so bad so that I can finally have your autograph and a picture with you!” The girl stepped back and rummaged inside her bag.

He and Baekhyun looked at each other. They’re like “This kid is weird. Like us.”

“Uh, can you please take a picture of me and my idol?” She said to Baekhyun and handed her phone.

“I’m not—”

Sehun looked at Baekhyun. “Hyung, you’re always saying that I should be nice everytime so that I can have a positive vibes with everything and everyone.” He whispered.

Baekhyun huffed and gets the phone from the girl.

“Please take our picture well. If we both turned out ugly in the picture, I will sue you.” The girl joked.

Sehun guffawed when he saw Baekhyun’s frown. No one tried to provoke Byun Baekhyun until now. Among the three of them, Baekhyun has the tendency to be snooty since he was born in a rich family.

“‘Kim Yerim’, or simply ‘Yeri’” The girl introduced herself. Yeri hugged him again. “I really love you, Sehun!”

Sehun just beamed.

“You’re so handsome and you look young! You’re a really great painter. If you don’t mind me asking, how old are you?”

“Twenty-something.” He hated revealing his age. Like every other people who interrogate him, he knows what the next question will be. If he’s still single. And if he answered ‘no’, he’s sure that they will all be surprised and pity him.

“Oh! I’m eighteen.” Yeri giggled. “Single?”

“And available.” Baekhyun piped.

“Wow! We’re the same! We have so much in common. I mean, based on your paintings, I knew you were still a bit young. Your combination of colors is very upbeat that;s why it’s full of life. People will instantly feel that once they saw your paintings. My stress is relieved when I’m looking at your paintings.”

Sehun looked at Baekhyun. His hyung seemed to find Yeri’s words too corny. Well, he and Kyungsoo never understood his works in the first place. He looked at Yeri. “So my paintings work as a stress-reliever too, huh? Maybe I should charge you an extra payment?”

Yeri laughed. “It’s okay with me. It’s worth it, anyway. And besides, I’m rich… ah, no! My older brother is rich. But I can always ask him for money to give you extra payment.”

“I’m just kidding. You know, I really like you. I think our personalities match.” Sehun gave her a sardonic grin to let Yeri know that he doesn’t mean it. Well, it’s not bad if she really took his words seriously.

Yeri stared at his autograph on her notebook. “You’re really funny in personal.”

“Nah. Sehun is just crazy.” Baekhyun piped.

Sehun sarcastically laughed and slapped Baekhyun’s shoulder. Baekhyun is ready to slap him back so to avoid it, he looked at Yeri. “We have to go, Yeri.”

“You’re going? You can ride my car. Where are you going? I can tell my driver to drop you off.”

“We’re going in Yeouido.” They stepped out of the bookstore yet Yeri still keeps on talking nonstop. Are the kids always like these nowadays? “But Baekhyun hyung and I are going to shop here in Mecenatpolis. It’s my vacation since I just finished a painting while Baekhyun hyung here is looking for guys.”

“Excuse me, I’m just accompanying you.” Baekhyun rolled his eyes at him.

“You two are so funny.” Yeri said. “You’ve been friends for a long time, am I right?”

“No.” He and Baekhyun answered at the same time. “We just met at the bookstore a few minutes ago.”

Yeri laughed when her phone rang. She answered the call. “Hello, oppa. I’m just here at the mall, hanging around. Oppa, you’re so corny. Whatever. Don’t call me.” Yeri pressed the end call button and looked at them, smiling. “That’s my brother. He’s just checking up on me. I’m sorry. He’s a bit paranoid when it comes to me. He feels that someone will kidnap me anytime.”

“Kidnap?” Sehun asked. “You don’t look like a royalty or something.”

Yeri giggled. “No, but my oppa is rich. Like super rich. He can pay off Korea’s debts from the World Bank. It’s just that he’s shy to do so.”

“That’s nice.” Sehun smiled. “He’s not pretty arrogant, is he?”

“Not too much. But you can forgive him once you see him.”

“Is your oppa handsome?” Baekhyun asked. His friend became alive once he heard the word ‘handsome’.

“Of course. Since I am pretty, my Jongin oppa should be handsome as well.”

“Wow!” Baekhyun slung his arm at Yeri’s shoulder. “Let’s talk about your brother.”

Sehun just smiled while walking behind Yeri and Baekhyun. These two finally became friends.

 


 

There’s a plenty of people who are in Sehun’s one-man exhibit here in Mecenatpolis Mall. There’s no one noticing him because since the beginning, he’s not introducing himself every time he does an exhibit. He chose not to introduce himself so that he can listen to the comments on his artworks without the people being biased.

It’s better that his identity is hidden. Because if they actually know him, they will not say anything bad about his artworks. Not that he wanted them to say his works were ugly. He just want to hear genuine comments about his works. And the only person who knows his identity as a painter is his agent who lets him roam around. Because his agent knows his “do’s” and “don’ts” as an artist.

His friend Baekhyun went out to find some fashion magazines and self-help books. Their new friend Yeri has to go because she has to meet her brother. That’s why he’s alone at the moment. But it’s good to be alone sometimes.

Sehun’s happy with the comments that he can see and hear from the people in his exhibit. Almost all of his paintings has red tags. It means that his paintings have buyers. He wasn’t really much into profit. He’s okay with a simple life. Thank God that there are people who think like him and they actually buy his paintings despite it being not in the norm.

He was busy watching the people and admiring his own works when he noticed a familiar figure outside the glass-walled exhibit area. It was Yeri. She was talking to a tall man wearing a business suit and it seems like he was reprimanding her. The guy must be the older brother the teenager was talking about.

From Sehun’s location, he can see that the man has a good stance. He cannot comment about his looks because the man has his back on him. He looked elegant, could carry a suit well. Then the man faced him. And Sehun almost bit his lip. Oh, dear God! The guy was sinfully gorgeous! He’s not like Baekhyun who worships every handsome man that he sees. When Sehun gave a compliment to someone, he must really be something. And this guy is something.

“Kim Jongin, huh?” Sehun muttered while still looking at the guy. He took his phone out of his bag and went near the two to take some pictures of the guy. He accidentally heard their conversation.

“You’re always outside. Why can’t you stay at home? What if something happened to you?”

“Oppa, you’re overreacting again.”

“Kim Yerim, Mom and Dad told me to take care of you so it’s my responsibility to do so. Now, if you’re not going to follow me, look for someone else to take care of you.”

“You look after me so much, oppa. I’m not going anywhere. I’m always telling you where I’ll be going when I leave the house. But you’re too strict. Do you want me to be an old maid?”

“If that’s the only way I can make sure that nothing bad will happen to you, then yes.”

“I’m really going to run away this time!” Yeri said, clearly annoyed at her brother. She walked towards the exhibit hall.

“Kim Yerim!”

“I’m just kidding, oppa. My gosh! Just marry someone already so that I can finally be at peace.”

“And where are you going?”

“I’m going to buy my favorite painter’s painting.”

“You already have lots of them. What are you going to do with those paintings when you can’t understand them, anyway?”

Sehun sees red with what he has heard. He willed himself not to throw his phone to that guy. Instead, he just placed his phone back in his bag. You may be handsome. But if you’re just going to insult my works, then you are the ugliest man in this earth! Sehun was heading to the exhibit hall when he heard Yeri’s lively voice.

“Sehun-ssi!”

He looked at her. He just frowned at her brother who was walking behind her. The guy was really handsome. With his liquid brown eyes, distinct nose, sharp jawline, and y shapely lips, there was no doubt he was a total knockout. Too bad Sehun wanted to knock him out for treating his paintings so rudely.

“Sehun-ssi, you’re here too!”

“Sshh, keep quiet, Yeri. I don’t want people to know that I am Oh Sehun.”

“Oh, okay. Sorry.” Yeri hooked her arm on Sehun’s then pulled him towards her brother. “Oppa, this is my most favorite and the most handsome painter in this earth, Sehun. Sehun-ssi, this is my older brother, Kim Jongin.”

“Hello.” Sehun blandly said to the man.

“Hi.” The man answered half-heartedly.

While Yeri began to chitchat by herself, Sehun looked at the tall, elegant man in front of him. Jongin was just looking at him too. You think I will kneel in front of you and worship you just because you’re handsome? No way! You should be the one worshipping me because beside the fact that I am handsome, I am also y and talented as well!

“Yeri?” Her brother said later. “I have to go back to my office.”

“Okay, oppa. I’m just here. I’ll just call you if I’m going to other place. But I think I’ll just stay here at the exhibit.”

“Just make sure you call me, okay? If I learn that you wandered off again, I will make sure to tie you to a post.”

“Yeah, yeah.”

“And don’t buy any of those paintings.” Jongin looked at Sehun. “There’s too much of that in our house. I don’t know what you will do to the paintings that you are planning to buy today.”

“Why don’t you taste it?” Sehun said sarcastically. “Maybe my paintings will have nutritional benefits in your body.”

“I don’t like paintings.”

“Yeah, I noticed. Because you don’t know how to appreciate beautiful masterpieces.”

“`To each his own.” Jongin looked at his sister. “I’ll be monitoring you, Kim Yerim.” After saying that, he walked towards the escalator.

I hope you trip or fall down the escalator, Sehun thought to himself while looking at Jongin walking away.

“I’m so sorry about my Jongin oppa, Sehun oppa. Can I call you Sehun oppa?” Yeri asked him.

“Why not? I’m older than you, anyway.”

“Thanks! You’re really nice!” Yeri pointed at the direction where her brother walked away. “I’m really sorry about my oppa. Maybe he’s just tired that’s why he acted that way. I’m apologizing on behalf of him.”

“It’s okay.” Sehun said insincerely. He really hates people who judges someone even though he doesn’t know anything about them.

“Don’t worry, Sehun oppa, I will find a way to make Jongin oppa apologize to you.”

Sehun doubted it. With what he saw just now, Jongin might prefer to die than apologize with what he has said.

“Sehun oppa, what do you think of my brother?”

“He’s an arrogant jackass.”

 


Aaand the first chapter is up. 2,651 words for a first chapter is not bad, right? I apologize in advance if there is any typographical or grammar errors in here since I willed myself to finish the first chapter and I'm soooo sleepy. I will just check and correct the errors tomorrow. Anyway, thank you to everyone who have subscribed way before the first chapter is out. I really appreciate it, guys. ❤❤❤ This story will be divided into 10 parts (just like my previous stories) And, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo will constantly make their appearance in this story since the three of them are close friends. And if time will allow, I will write a story about them too! So to give you a little teaser, Kyungsoo's partner would be Chanyeol while Baekhyun's partner will be our China sheep, Yixing! (I'm into BaekXing these days, so yeah 😂 Anyway, please leave a comment, upvote or subscribe. I will be eternally grateful ❤❤❤