2.

Crimson
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We decided to keep our investigation between us for now, it was too risky to get anyone else involved because they might have told someone what we were up to and we would've been in trouble.

Another night came and this time we decided we were going to find the second girl. We found the spot where she was taken and hid, this time Jiwoo was silent. Surely enough, the second girl, Jo Haseul, appeared. She wasn't alone though. She was with Sooyoung.

"So, you're telling me you met some humans? Was Jinsoul there?" Haseul asked.

Sooyoung shook her head. "No. I don't know where Jinsoul was. I'm worried though. Those girls are looking for us. I don't want them to get hurt."

"Why do you care so much?" Haseul frowned as she sat down on the floor.

"I want to protect them." Sooyoung said.

Haseul laughed. "Then turn them into one of us."

"No. They don't deserve that." Sooyoung sighed, shaking her head. "I can't let anyone harm them."

"You know I won't, I don't have time to play games like Jinsoul." Haseul said.

I glanced over at Jiwoo who looked like she was about to sneeze. I hoped and prayed that she wouldn't.

But she did.

"Come out." Sooyoung said, staring straight at our hiding place. "I know it's you."

We all reluctantly wiggled out of our spot, standing in front of the two vampires.

"These are your humans?" Haseul asked as she looked at us. "That one's cute." She pointed at Jiwoo.

Jiwoo looked away, her cheeks turning red.

"Why are you out so late again? I told you not to do this again." Sooyoung said.

"We were curious..." Jiwoo started.

"It's not safe." Sooyoung sighed. "I told you before, we aren't all nice."

"But I wanted to see you again." Jiwoo suddenly blurted out before going quiet and looking away.

"Oh, really? Well, here I am." Sooyoung laughed before moving closer to ruffle Jiwoo's hair.

"I think that one has a crush on you." Haseul grinned.

Jiwoo didn't respond, she just smiled and turned more red.

"You have to go home now, okay? Jinsoul's not around, so it's safe for now." Sooyoung said. "Please don't do this again."

So we turned round, me dragging Jiwoo because she wouldn't stop staring at Sooyoung, and we went home.

"She's so pretty..." Jiwoo sighed.

"And you're an idiot." I said, flicking Jiwoo's head.

 

A few days passed before there was news of another girl being taken. The guards didn't expect to find a body, completely drained of blood. We didn't know the girl, she was a little older than us, but the whole village attended the funeral ceremony. I swore in the corner of my eye I saw a figure in a white hood watching from behind a tree.

 

When the guards had disappeared I managed to sneak out by myself. I went down to the path and found Sooyoung there.

"Why are you alone?" Sooyoung asked. "Are you not afraid? They found a body."

"I want to ask you what happened to her." I said.

"Jinsoul took her down, the others drained her of her blood." Sooyoung said.

"Were you one of them?" I asked.

Sooyoung paused for a moment before nodding. "She was already dead by the time I got there. I had to feed too."

"Where is Jinsoul now?" I asked.

"By herself somewhere. Please don't look for her." Sooyoung suddenly grabbed my wrist. "Please. It's not safe. She's dangerous."

"Why? Why is she like that?" I frown

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter