4.

Crimson
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You can't hide in here forever, you know." Heejin said.

I shrugged. "I'm doing a good job of it so far."

"What are you afraid of?" Hyunjin asked.

"There's a human out there. She's looking for me. She wants to talk. But I'm not ready yet." I said with a sigh.

"And? Just scare her off." Yeojin frowned.

"I can't... She was my friend before I got like this." I said.

"Oh, right." Heejin frowned.

"We can scare her off." Hyunjin said with a grin.

"I don't know if that would be a good idea--" I started, but the three were already getting up and leaving.

"We'll tell you how it goes!" Yeojin yelled as they left.

I sighed, curling up more. I hoped they wouldn't do much damage.

I ended up falling asleep after that, but it wasn't for long. I woke up to someone shaking me.

"Why did you let them do that? I know you told them to."

I opened my eyes and sat up quickly. It was Sooyoung. She wasn't happy.

"Do what? What did they do? I told them not to do anything..." I groaned.

"They scared her. They pretended they were going to attack her. I thought you were Jiwoo's friend, Jungeun." Sooyoung sighed. "But clearly you're not."

"It's not like that!" I yelled as Sooyoung walked off, but she didn't stop and I didn't feel like chasing her.

Eventually, Jinsoul came back. Usually I didn't really let her hold me, but I felt vulnerable, sad, scared. She wrapped her arms around me and I moved closer into her warmth.

"What's wrong?" Jinsoul asked as she ran her fingers through my hair slowly.

"Heejin, Hyunjin, and Yeojin scared Jiwoo, the human Sooyoung likes, and Sooyoung thinks I told them to do it." I said with a sad sigh.

"Did Sooyoung yell at you?" Jinsoul's expression began to darken.

I shrugged. "Not really... But she was mad."

"I'll kill her." Jinsoul grumbled. "She has no right."

I tried to grab Jinsoul but she was too fast. I just had to hope that the damage wouldn't be too much.

 

Sooyoung came back with a bloody face. She only glared at me as she came back to the cave and sat in her place. Jinsoul eventually returned too, but apart from a few scratches she was fine. Jinsoul was strong. I felt safe with her.

Well, I did.

Things were okay. I was fitting in fine, keeping to myself mostly. But one day, Sooyoung came running back to the cave. She looked terrifie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter