3.

Crimson
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I woke up and I couldn't see. I could just hear voices.

"I can't believe you would do this, why do you want her so badly?" I recognised Haseul's voice. "You know Sooyoung was just trying to protect her. We don't need any others to get hurt."

"Can't we just drain her?" A voice I didn't recognise asked.

"I'm hungry..." Another voice whined.

"No. She's mine." Jinsoul said.

I suddenly felt excruciating pain shoot through my body, teeth on my neck and my knuckles being cut before having something pressed against them. I ended up passing out again.

 

When I woke up again, a few hours must have passed. I could hear Sooyoung this time mumbling to Haseul.

"I tried to stop her... But she was too strong..."

"I understand. It's too late now, she's one of us."

I tried to move but I felt someone holding onto me tightly and I was too weak to put up a fight. I passed out again.

 

I woke up a while later. This time I could see. Jinsoul was asleep by my side and Sooyoung was sat on the floor, head in her hands. We were in a cave. There were other girls sleeping on the floor too, who I assumed were the other girls who had been taken and I recognised some of them. When Sooyoung heard me move, she lifted her head and let out a sad sigh.

"I'm sorry... I'm so sorry..." She mumbled.

"No... It's okay. You tried your best." I said quietly, hoping not to wake Jinsoul.

"My best wasn't good enough though." Sooyoung got up and walked over to the corner before curling up and trying to sleep.

I could only try to do the same since I knew I could no longer go outside during the day, and everyone else was asleep so I assumed it was daytime.

 

When I woke up again, some of the others were missing. Jinsoul was still there, sat by my side.

"Are you okay?" She asked. "I know it hurt you a lot, I'm sorry."

"Why did you do this to me?" I sat up slowly, looking down at my hands which were slightly bloody and I wasn't sure if it was my own or someone else's, but the cuts on my knuckles were healing already.

"It's hard to explain." Jinsoul said with a sigh. "I felt a connection. Like... You know when you see someone and you really want to be friends with them? It's like that but in a vampire way. Vampires have companions. People who they want to be with for a long time. I felt that with you. You hate me right now... But it won't last." Jinsoul got up and looked at me. "You can either come with me tonight or you can do your own thing. Don't go near the village. It's always guarded after an attack."

"I'll come with you." I said, slowly getting up.

That night, Jinsoul took me out and trained me a little to get me used to my new vampire skills. I was stronger, faster, stealthy, I could hunt animals and people. We ended up bumping into some of the others that night, Heejin, Hyunjin, Yeojin, and Haseul. I tried not to laugh at how they followed Haseul around like ducklings. We talked for a while and they tried to teach me some things too but Hyunjin and Heejin ended up arguing and Yeojin tried to stop them but failed. Jinsoul took me back to the cave when the sun began to rise.

"We will feed soon." She said before we fell asleep.

 

Jinsoul helped me to find a passing traveler the next night to feed on. It was surprisingly easy. I was becoming stronger and I didn't hate Jinsoul as much as I did when she first dragged me in. Jinsoul was messed up, but she was also very misunderstood and needed someone who would let her talk. I ended up being that person. I learnt a bit about Jinsoul when we sat down by the river where she was first taken away.

"I was tortured when he took me away. He treated me so badly. But eventually I grew strong and killed him. Ever since then I've been so angry at the world...

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter