1.

Crimson
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One day, close to a hundred years ago, the evil came.

There was a local girl, just a teenager. She was going out to the river to fish to bring something back for her family. It was late at night but there was no danger, the area around the village was safe... Well, that's what they thought.

As the girl continued fishing, she did not notice the dark shape approaching quickly from behind. The girl didn't even get a chance to fight, only managing to scream before she was dragged away into the darkness.

She was never seen again, at least not as a human.

The same thing happened to a few other girls, and eventually the village sent out guards at night. If anyone had to go out at night they were followed by a guard to make sure they were safe, especially the younger girls. The attacks soon stopped, but the memory of them lived on to this day.

However, I didn't think it was real.

But that was until I saw her.

It was late evening and I was coming back from the sports club. I was passing the river where the supposed first attack took place when I saw a girl sat under a tree. I'd never seen her before, and our village was well out of the way from civilisation, so I decided to investigate.

"Hey, uhh, are you lost?" I asked as I approached.

The girl looked up. She had blonde hair and looked to be around the same age as me, if not a little older. She was wearing dark clothing and had a few scars on her face and neck.

"No." She said.

"Are you sure? Because this isn't exactly a place most people just come to for no reason." I said, getting a little closer.

"I'm sure. I think you should go." She mumbled, standing up and pulling her hood over her head. "Or else."

"Or else what?" I asked, starting to feel a little nervous.

The girl suddenly darted forwards, grabbing me, and before I could react I was pressed up against the tree. Only now did I notice how sharp the girl's teeth were and how her eyes were turning a dark crimson colour.

"Do you want to become the next victim?" The girl hissed.

"N-No, I'm sorry, please, let go--" I whimpered, closing my eyes as I prepared for what was to come next.

"Jinsoul! Stop!" A voice suddenly yelled from a distance.

I opened my eyes again, trying to look for the owner of the voice.

"You're lucky. If she wasn't here you'd be dead." The girl, apparently called Jinsoul, growled before letting go and running off in the direction of the voice.

I only managed a short glance but I saw Jinsoul and another person, this one wearing a white hood, before they disappeared.

I ran back to the village as fast as I could, reaching my friend Jiwoo's house. I knocked on the door and she opened it and I ran in, almost knocking her over.

"Jeez, what's up with you?" Jiwoo frowned as she dusted herself off and came over to me.

"I was almost attacked." I said, feeling my hands begin to shake.

"Attacked? By what?" Jiwoo tilted her head. "An animal?"

"No.. I don't know what she was... But she wasn't human." I said, sitting on the couch.

Jiwoo gasped. "You don't think it was one of those... Things? You know, the ones that took those girls away?"

"I don't know... God, I thought I was going to die... I only managed to get one of their names, Jinsoul--"

Jiwoo suddenly gasped again and I thought she was going to pass out.

"Jinsoul? Jung Jinsoul? Oh goodness, Jungeun, it was one of them! Oh no! What do we do?" Jiwoo looked like she was about to cry.

"Should we tell someone?" I asked.

"I don't know..." Jiwoo sighed as she sat next to me, burying her face into her hands. "Jungeun, I'm scared."

W

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter