seventeen

Strangers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
seventeen! Steps were heavy on the old wood of Taeyong's corridor that lead to his small bathroom. Of course, as in other corners of his old domicile, there were small mold dark spots over the white tile. The boy ed his pajamas, the cotton material dancing down his bony shoulders. The closer he was to removing his clothing, the more he revealed the prominent spine in front of Jaehyun's orbs that was leaning against the peeled doorframe. He couldn't tell if a part of him already prepared himself to see this monstrous beauty. Taeyong was still the little snowdrop fighting for its existence when lifting its head through the thick snow coating, fragile and young, and Jaehyun was crushing him with his own hands. His eyes reflected nothing but the dim light that only emphasized the other's body.

 

The room was filled up with the sound of the water cascading into the little warm ocean he prepared for himself in the bathtub. When the older's lingerie fell to the ground, he climbed into the tub, stopping the water from hitting the wet surface. The boy left out a hiss when his toes met the temperature of the water, yet dipped himself till his frame was wrapped into the warmth he was deprived of.

He hugged his knees at his chest, hiding his swollen face in his skin. He wanted to cry again, but there was no more strength or will, in fact, he was numb. It was one of those moments when he asked himself if it was a total mistake to be born. Taeyong sank his teeth into his meet until his whites left deep dents into his meat. Jaehyun remained there, frozen and unable to read Lee's actions.

His pride was heavier than taking the blame for a part of Taeyong's misfortune, and then, who would admit it was all their fault. On the other hand, he was released that he took the right decision of coming here and not leaving the others alone when his hopes just kept on breaking. Who knew what were Taeyong's limits and Jaehyun was too egotistic to let him escape through his fingers like ash. 

Jaehyun's feet let him to the edge of the tub, his hand automatically reaching out for the lavender gel that was placed on the floor. A few drops of the violet substance got absorbed into the sponge, that in counted seconds, met Taeyong's back. Jung remained silent when the bathroom broke out painful noises. Lee was crying yet again.

"I'm sorry for your loss", Jaehyun broke the serenity.

"Are you really? Look, you really don't have to pretend that you are. If it makes you feel like a good person then yeah sure."

Jaehyun lowered his weight on the tub, supporting himself with his legs as his upper part was facing Taeyong's clad bony back. Piercing the ivory skin with his profound eyes for a few seconds that seemed like centuries of suffering, he rose his arm and led his fingertip to the prominent spine. Delicate touches sent shivers down Taeyong's essence, making his heart accelerate in his rib cage, and him failing to control it. 

Jaehyun's hand slowly voyaged to the back of Lee's neck and didn't stop until it reached for the soft hair, trapping his long digits in the tangled strands. Perhaps Taeyong's just made another mistake when his tense muscles gave in to the familiar touch and leaned backward, until his back pressed against Jaehyun's hip, forcing his heavy eyes to find the ones that belong to the man he loved. 

"I've never been more sincere with you, I really am sorry."

"At first, I thought it was just a coincidence that all the bad things happen to me, but now I know that it's just my fate."

"No, all your unfortunate events started when I entered your life, I am responsible for this."

Taeyong's lips pressed together, swallowing the words back, and right he was. He wasn't going to prove him wrong in order to make Jaehyun feel better.

"Taeyong," the younger began again "you cannot stay in this apartment no more. I might be an , but even I understand that this is a bad place for you and the baby. This is unhealthy and the environment is absolutely depressing and unfit for a newborn."

"I know. I will move out as soon as I collect the money I need, don't worry about it, and take care of your own business."

"I don't think you understand. You have my child inside of you. My child. You see, Jaemin belongs to me as well and I want him to be safe and sound if you decided to keep him."

"Since when? Remember when you told me that you won't be investing your paternal love and care in his life? What changed, Jung Jaehyun? remorse? regrets? or your egotism?"

"Taeyong, If you're not compromising I'll have to call my lawyer. Jaemin, again, Is my child too and I'll become the second parent he deserves."

"Stop it. There's no way, ever, I'm letting you near the child you rejected."

The younger bent his upper body closer to Taeyong's face while cupping his chin in his enormous palm. His rusty voice whispered against Lee's trembling lips as a result of the unexpected action.

"I don't care if you like it or not. You have two choices: The first one is you either accepting being next to your child and us sharing the parenting responsibilities, or the second one is me involving the laws and taking Jaemin away so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter