The Lost Otter

Mother of Dragons, It's an Otter!
ejgCq7a.gif
The Lost Otter
ejgCq7a.gif

Jaebum woke up after a big clap of thunder, raising his head as he looked around. He glanced over the inside of the tent sleepily for a few moments before looking down at Youngjae, bringing his hand up to brush the boy’s hair out of his face. “Jae… Come on wake up, There's a storm about to hit so we should eat and check on the others.” He mumbled softly, leaning down to press a kiss to Youngjae’s forehead.

 

Youngjae groaned and turned his head into the touch. His eyes fluttered open and he looked around the darken tent before looking up at Jaebum. “What?” he asked sleepily. “Is it time to leave?”

 

Jaebum shook his head gently as he looked down at Youngjae with a small smile.  “Not yet, we need to go eat, there's a storm about to hit.” He whispered softly.

 

Youngjae tried his hardest to listen to Jaebum but he was so warm and sleepy. “Mmm.” he muttered, his eyes starting close as he drifted off. Another clap of thunder had him jerking awake. “.” he breathed out and looked around, slightly more awake now. “Food. Right.” he nodded and slowly sat up. “Okay okay. Let's go.”

 

Jaebum smiled softly as he helped Youngjae sit up, he groaned as he sat up with him. He stretched a little and chuckled softly. “Lets get bundled up okay?” He said softly as he moved off the bed and grabbed their boxers, he pulled his on and handed Youngjae his. “Here, i’ll get you don't warm clothes out too. Just sit up and wake up okay?”

 

Youngjae nodded and smiled as he took his boxers from the other. “Yeah.” he said with a yawn. Slipping them on, he grunted at the slight pain he felt and sighed. “Oh man am I going to be sore.” he muttered to himself.

 

Jaebum chuckled lowly and nodded, putting a pair of jeans and a sweater next too Youngjae. “Sorry, but i did good right?” He asked softly as he pulled a sweater over his head and then put on his jeans. “I think i have some aspirin if you need some for the pain.”

 

Youngjae smiled as he pulled on his sweater before standing slowly. Humming softly, he pulled on his pants and fastened them. He walked over and wrapped his arms around Jaebum’s neck and kissed him softly. “Very good baby. So good. Amazing.”

 

Jaebum let a dopey grin spread on his lips, he kissed back gently as his arms wrapped around Youngjae’s waist. “I'm glad then, let's go get some dinner okay?” He asked as he wrapped a jacket around Youngjae’s shoulders, leading him out of the tent.

 

Youngjae smiled, feeling his heart swooning at the dopey grin on Jaebum’s face. He pulled back and sighed softly and held his hand gently, walking out with him. He looked around and spotted at the others. “Hey guys.” he greeted and walked over, taking a seat next to Mark.

 

“Hey.” Jackson greeted. “Dinners done. Eat up. The storm is definitely gonna hit us soon.” he said and passed Youngjae a plate.

 

“Thanks. What did we miss?”

 

Bambam looked up at the two from his chair and shook his head. “We went to the waterfall for a little while but had to come back to make dinner before the storm hits.” He said, his eyes lowering to look at their hands.

 

Mark nodded as he handed Jaebum a plate as well. “Did you two lovebirds sleep well?” He asked softly, winking at Youngjae.

 

Jaebum took the plate and cleared his throat a bit. “I actually slept like a baby.” He said with a little chuckle. “I feel great too~”

 

Youngjae stared at Mark and flushed hotly as he started eating them happily. “I was very warm and slept well after the incident.” he said.

 

“Uhuh. Did you use protection?” Jackson teased.

 

“I don't need that blanket back, by the way.” Yugyeom said and smiled innocently at them.

 

Jaebum felt heat rushing to his cheeks as he rubbed the back of his neck. “ah.. no we didn't and good idea.” He said as he chuckled a little. “i don't think you would want it anyway.” He teased with a little smirk.

 

“That is so disgusting!” Yugyeom whined.

 

Youngjae flushed hotly and shook his head as he chewed on his food slowly. “Can we not talk about this?”

 

“No we should! We need to talk about this.” Jackson said. “When, where and how?”

 

Jaebum shook his head and cleared his throat a little. “Now is not the time, there's a storm coming and if we aren't careful we could get caught up in everything”

 

“I'm gonna throw you back into the river.” Jackson said and stared at Jaebum. “Listen, Bum. You're my friend but Youngjae is like a son to me.” he said.

 

“excuse me?!” Youngjae choked on his food and stared at Jackson.

 

“You hurt my son, you play with his heart and.you'll wish you were in the river. Got it?” Jackson said.

 

Jaebum stared at Jackson and nodded, biting his lip as he looked over at youngjae. “Jackson you don't have to worry about that okay?” He assured, wrapping an arm around Youngjae’s waist. “I'm not playing.” he rubbed Youngjae’s back gently and bit his lip harder.

 

Youngjae flushed brightly as he looked away as the arm wrapped around his waist. He was a little embarrassed at Jackson's words and Jaebum’s assurance. Not to mention everyone was watching them.

 

“You better not be. I'll string you up if you play with his heart.”

 

“and I'll cut your off. You won't need it.” Jinyoung added. “If you make him cry or feel any pain i will come after you. He's my best friend.”

 

“Guys honestly.” Youngjae whined and covered his face with one hand.

 

Jaebum cleared his throat as he nodded and held Youngjae against him protectively, he buried his nose in the younger’s hair and sighed. “Guys come on, i'm not going to hurt him. I know i've been an in the past but that's not gonna happen anymore, i had the kindergarten fever. You know how little kids pick on those that they actually have feelings for.” He mumbled against Youngjae’s hair.

 

Mark tilted his head a little and smiled softly. “So that's what all that semi bullying was about? Huh, who woulda thought. Big bad boy Jaebum picking on little baby Jae because he didn't know his own feelings.” He said with a little sigh, shaking his head slowly.

 

“It’s so childish it’s cute.” Jackson said and made a face with a chuckle. “Good. But just know we’re watching you. He is our baby Jae and we’re very protective of him.” he said with a fond smile.

 

“You guys, really.” Youngjae whined as he pressed against Jaebum and hid his face into his chest, chuckling softly. “You guys are so embarrassing.” he laughed and turned his head to look back at them. “We should finish eating before the storm starts.”

 

Jaebum nodded and looked around, noticing that there was a odd lack of fire breathing otters around, his brows furrowed as he looked over at Youngjae. “Jae… Where's Jayjay?” He asked worriedly, he had grown rather fond of the flying otter, and he wasn't sure when he had disappeared.

 

Mark looked around and blinked. “You're right, i haven't seen him since he flew off to the river… Youngjae did you see him at the river before you feel in?”

 

“No. That’s why I went down there. But he wasn’t there and I fell in.” Youngjae said and frowned. Putting down his empty plate, he started down the path once more.

 

“Youngjae!” Jinyoung called out worriedly.

 

“I have to find him!” Youngjae called out, disappearing behind a few trees. “JayJay!” he shouted. “Where are you?!”

 

Jaebum got up and went after Youngjae, his brow furrowed even more. “Baby its about to storm you can't go out there right now! He probably has a den somewhere safe.” He assured, still following Youngjae down the path.

 

Youngjae turned and stared at Jaebum. “I can’t possibly leave him out there Jaebum. Den or not...what if something happens to him?” he said worriedly before turning around and looked around. “JayJay! Please come back! Where are you?!” he called out again.

 

Jaebum sighed and grabbed Youngjae’s hand and squeezed it gently. “Fine but i'm coming with you, i'm not gonna let you go out all by yourself. I’d blame myself if something bad happened to you.” He said softly as he looked around. “If i were a flying otter where would i hide in a storm?...” He said and then looked over at Youngjae.

 

Youngjae smiled and held his hand tightly and continued walking down the path, careful of the river nearby. “I don’t know. He’s something amazing and who knows what kind of instincts he’ll have.” he said gently. Thunder rumbled out loudly and Youngjae whimpered as the first drop of rain landed on his nose. “. .” he whispered and looked to Jaebum. “Should...should we go back or keep looking. I don’t want him to be alone.”

 

Jaebum wrapped an arm around Youngjae and pulled him closer when they were by the river. “We should head back.. i know you don't want him to be alone but we shouldn't be out here during a storm, we can look for him when it passes okay? I promise.”

 

Youngjae whined and stared at him. “But...but…” he huffed and reached up, wiping his nose as more rain fell. “Okay. Okay. Let’s go back.” he said gently and tugged his hand, heading back at the campsite.

 

Jaebum smiled and rubbed Youngjae’s lower back gently as he led him back to the campsite. “We will find him okay? I know you're worried. I am too. But i'm worried about our safety as well.”

 

Youngjae understand and after early he wouldn't be surprised if something happened to them. Going back to the tent was the best plan. “I know.” He whispered. Arriving back at the site, he went straight for the tent as the rain came down harder. There was no sign of anyone else, already tucked away into safety. Crawling into the tent, he moved to his bed and sat down.

 

Jaebum followed Youngjae inside and sighed softly, closing the flap before sitting next to him and then wrapped his arms around him.”He will be okay…” He whispered reassuringly. “I just know he will.”

 

Youngjae nodded and wrapped his arms around Jaebum, leaning against him. “I know he will. He's survived who knows how long without us but...now that I had him I just…” he trailed off and sighed. “He feels like a son to me.”

 

Jaebum nodded and smiled softly, running his fingers through Youngjae’s hair slowly “i know me too. I'm really worried about him but i know he's going to be okay.” He nuzzled his nose into Youngjae’s hair and hummed.

 

Youngjae smiled slowly and looked up at him. Grinning softly, he reached up and Jaebum’s cheek gently. “He’s lucky to have you care about him. You’re...really an amazing person.” he whispered softly. “I knew I fell in love with you for a reason.”

 

Jaebum smiled gently as he turned his head more so he could kiss Youngjae’s lips gently, nuzzling his nose against his afterwards. “I'm really glad that i figured myself out finally, i'm so sorry for being an to you.” He whispered softly, cupping Youngjae’s cheeks.

 

Youngjae kissed back and whined softly before looking away. “I don’t think I would have cared...ever...if you liked me back or not.” he said gently. “It’s just...when you kissed me, it changed everything and I didn’t know how I would have gone on if things turned out differently and you didn’t like me after that kiss.” he said gently. “I’m glad you did, but things could have gone so many different ways and it still terrifies me sometimes. The last thing I ever wanted was to ruin our friendship.”

 

Jaebum nodded and bit his lip, turning Youngjae’s head back to look at him. “Hey.. I know, it's the same for me. Honestly i would have broken up with her either way, she was…. Something. I can't even explain it, she just wouldn't let me be nice.” He huffed out and buried his face against Youngjae’s shoulder. “I know we could have done things differently but i'm going to try my best to make this work.”

 

Youngjae looked back at him when his head was turned and looked at him. “I know.” he whispered. “I just need to know always that you love me. Because I can’t never stop loving you. But for you...I can’t be sure. How quickly you’ll fall for someone better than me.” he whispered.

 

Jaebum pouted a little and cupped both of Youngjae’s cheeks and stared at him. “I'm not like that okay? My relationships have all ended because of them.. i always got dumped. My longest relationship that ended after 3 years… “ he assured and bit his lip. “I know we can make this last longer than that though.”

 

“You seem so sure.” Youngjae whispered as he stared into his eyes, nodding his head slowly. “I want it to last. I really want it to last forever.” he whispered and leaned in, kissing him. He gripped the front of Jaebum’s shirt and clung to him. “I don’t want to lose you.”

 

Jaebum kissed back deeply as he pulled Youngjae closer, letting his eyes slip shut as he wrapped an arm around his waist. He was sure because he knew that if they both kept working good enough together then they could overcome anything. “I know, i don't want to lose you either, i won't let you go. You're mine... “ He whispered softly.

 

Youngjae slipped his arms up and around Jaebum’s neck, pulling himself closer to the other as he reveled in the feelings of being kissed by the other. Pulling back slowly, he smiled at the words. “I'm all yours.”

 

Jaebum smiled gently as he gently brushed Youngjae’s hair out of his eyes, humming softly as he playfully nipped at his bottom lip. “And I’m all yours.” He whispered softly, nuzzling his nose against youngjae’s with a grin. “Let's try to rest up a little more so we are well rested for when the storm blows over~”

 

Youngjae smiled and nodded his head softly. He wrapped his arms around the other and hugged him tightly before falling back on the air mattress, gasping as it gave way slightly before bouncing them back up. Laughing softly, he stared at JAebum with a grin. “Get the blanket so we can stay warm.” he said.

 

Jaebum nodded and reached over to grab the blanket, pulling it over them as he pulled youngjae even closer. “Alright, now we rest up and get ready to go searching.” He said softly and kissed Youngjae gently, nuzzling their noses together.

 

Youngjae sighed contently and snuggled against him. “Mmm, yes.” he whispered and kissed back, arms wrapped around the other tightly as he pressed against him. “You’re so warm.” he whispered, his eyes closing as he listened to the pouring rain outside. “Our camping trip is probably gonna end after this.” he said.

 

Jaebum nodded and pressed closer to Youngjae as he hummed softly, pressing little kisses over Youngjae’s face gently. “I think so too, i don’t mind though. You could always just come to my place to hang out hm?” He asked as he ran his fingers through Youngjae’s hair gently.

 

Youngjae laughed softly and nodded. “I could.” he whispered softly. “That would be fun wouldn’t it? I don’t think I’ve ever been to your place before.” he mused and reached up to rub his chin. “I haven’t honestly. You’ve always came to hang out at our place.” Youngjae mused, recalling all the times that Jaebum would come over to his shared apartment with Jinyoung.

 

Jaebum  chuckled softly and nodded as he laid his head against the pillow, humming contently. “Yeah I think that's true, but now we can change that. I live alone with my cats so i hope that's okay with you.” He said softly as his fingers trailed over Youngjae’s sides.

 

“You have cats?!” Youngjae asked in shock before blinking. “Wait...I knew that. I think.” he said and flushed, laughing softly. “God I feel like an idiot. I’m pretty sure I knew that.” he muttered and looked away from the other. “I don’t mind. I like cats. I have a dog. But you know that. Oh my god Youngjae, get it together.” he babbled to himself. He felt like a high school boy talking to his first crush.

 

Jaebum laughed softly as he shook his head a little bit. “Its okay its really cute actually. But yeah i know that~ Coco is adorable honestly.” He whispered softly, leaning down to kiss Youngjae gently. “I hope my place isn't too messy though, i think i cleaned up before i left. I'm not quite sure.”

 

Youngjae smiled and returned the kiss lightly before pulling back. “Don’t tell me you’re a messy person. I do not want to have to clean up after you.” he teased lightly and reached up, poking Jaebum’s nose. “I’m excited to see the place.”

 

Jaebum shook his head and smiled gently as he playfully nipped at Youngjae’s finger gently. “No i woke up early before i left so i had to run around getting everything to the door while making breakfast for myself.” He explained and nuzzled against the boy gently.

 

Youngjae laughed softly and kissed him softly. “Good.” He snickered. “Let’s take a nap.” He said gently and snuggled against him happily.

 

Jaebum nodded and kissed back gently, pulling the blanket up over them further as he snuggled closer. “ Mh a nap sounds perfect, rainy day naps are my favorite just so you know. For future references.” He whispered softly.

 

Youngjae snickered. “I feel like naps in general are your favorite.” he teased. Leaning up, he pressed a kiss to Jaebum’s nose before settling back down on the bed. Closing his eyes, he let himself drift back off to sleep.

 

Jaebum chuckled softly and nodded as he settled against the bed, closing his eyes and he held Youngjae close, nuzzling against him as he slowly feel asleep. A content smile gracing his lips as he finally fell asleep against the younger.

 

Author's Notes
tAHGrMs.gif