happenings

fate

jimin and jungkook had changed into their spa clothes and had found a comfortable spot in a corner of the large space.

they placed some mats next to each other and sat down.

“you want anything?” he asked.

“eggs?”

“alright..i’ll be back.” 

jimin sat quietly on her phone, scrolling through pictures, she looked up and saw

jungkook coming back with some drinks and eggs.

she grinned at him when he offered her an egg.

she cracked and peeled the egg carefully.

almost too carefully.

she was so concentrated it made jungkook chuckle a bit.

she looked over at him, breaking out of her concentrated mode.

“what’s so funny?”

“nothing..you just looked really concerned.”

jimin rolled her eyes at him.

“i use to be horrible with eggs. i would try to take off the shell and i’d only end up with the yolk, which is my least favorite part, so i have to be careful.” she said as her tongue peaked out the side of , signaling she was back in her engagement mode.

jungkook shook his head and sat back against the wall.

he looked around the spa and saw families, older ladies, young couples, and groups of friends.

he wondered if he and jimin looked like a couple from a distance too.

“ah.” jungkook only blinked before he found a freshly peeled egg in front of his face.

jimin pressed the egg up to his lips.

he couldn’t even refuse because the moment he opened his mouth she shoved the egg in there.

he chewed carefully, trying not to choke.

but failed as he suddenly started coughing.

“oh my god, are you okay?” she started hitting his back softly at first, trying to hand him his drink at the same time.

“here drink!” 

jungkook finally managed to take a sip and calmed down.

jimin relaxed and sat flat next to him.

“i thought you were gonna die.” she sighed pushing her hair back.

“i almost did.” he coughed.

jimin frowned and wiped the tears from his eyes.

“sorry...i just thought i would do that as pay back for bringing me..”

“it’s alright.” he grinned.

he looked back into the crowed of people and noticed a suspicious looking person.

they were taking pictures of jimin and him. he furrowed his eyebrows and moved to get up.

“what’s wrong?” jimin asked, following him.

“excuse me.” he said sternly, as he walked up to the man.

the man gripped his phone and made a run for it.

“hey!” jungkook yelled as he went to follow the man.

“jungkook!”  jimin yelled out but he was hell bent on catching the guy.

“damn it!” she yelled before running for the locker rooms. 

she made it out and found jungkook was chasing the man.

“jungkook be careful!!!”

the man he was chasing was at the same disadvantage as him as they were both barefoot. he wondered how he could use it as an advantage.

no...no need to get his hands dirty. just catch the man.

he inhaled sharply and made a quick sprint and jumped on the man’s back.

they both fell to the floor. he pulled the man’s hands behind his back and sat on them for leverage. luckily, them cushioned jungkook’s fall so he wasn’t hurt at all.

he heard a faint high pitched scream of his name behind him.

jimin had finally caught up and she was out of breath.

jungkook turned the man over and pulled him from the ground, pushing him up against the nearest wall.

“who the hell are you, you scum bag?!”

the man scowled at him and tried to push him off.

jungkook slammed him against the wall again.

“who the are you?!”

with that second thud the man’s phone fell out of his pocket.

“grab the phone jimin.” he instructed.

she scrambled to pick up the phone.

“now, who sent you? who was it?!”

the man only grinned devilishly at him.

“speak up you bastard, otherwise we’ll have to involve the cops, and by the looks of it, you might have a long record.”

the man’s smile faded and he tried to fight off jungkook again.

this ended in failure and he finally exhaled in defeat.

“Kim...Taewan.”

jungkook’s anger subsided.

he let go of the man, letting him run free the moment he saw the chance.

 

-

 

jimin and jungkook had a silent walk back to the spa and an even more awkward ride home.

jimin went through the phone and there was nothing else in it beside some pictures of her and jungkook since earlier when they left jin’s house.

she shivered at the thought of being stalked like that.

“don’t look at them..” jungkook spoke softly as he took the phone.

“it’s so scary to think... someone was stalking me...and i didn’t even know.” she was shaking.

jungkook pursed his lips.

“try not too think about it too much.” he hesitantly reached out to place his hand over hers.

he was taken aback when she gripped onto his hand with both of hers.

she was like a scared child.

he frowned.

the only reason she would be in a situation involving taehyung’s dad, would be because of taehyung himself.

he was going to have to pay him a visit.

 

-

 

when they arrived to taehyung’s house, jimin was already fast asleep.

jungkook pulled a blanket out from his trunk and threw it over her before making his way to taehyung’s door.

he didn’t even knock, seeing as he knew the password for the door.

he strolled in casually until he made it to the living room where taehyung was laying down.

“taehyung.”

he watched as his friend fell off the couch and onto the floor.

“! you scared me you !” he groaned as he stood up, rubbing his in pain.

“why didn’t you call or..like knock?”

jungkook only threw the phone at him.

“what the hell is this?” he asked as he unlocked the phone, uninterested.

he rubbed his eyes before they widened in shock.

“what the hell is all of this?!” he yelled.

“that’s what the i should be asking tae!” jungkook pointed.

“why the is this innocent girl being stalked by your dad’s dogs?!”

taehyung frowned.

“why are you with her?” he snapped back.

“what? is that important? an innocent person is being stalked by your father’s workers. which means you’ve involved yet another innocent person in your ty family problems!”

“my ty family problems?! she’s the reason my offer with Lisna isnt going through!”

“what?”

“she works at lisna! she said it was her office’s decision to not let my offer go through! lisna is the only company with enough experience to help me get what i need!”

“so youre having her stalked?! because your offer didn’t go through? you’re ing crazy!!”

“no! i just said we were dating!! you know how my father is!”

“but you’re the one that put her in this situation! it only took a few words from your mouth! you know he has access to all the paper work involving you!”

“she’s the one that attacked me that day!”

“she was drunk!”

“and now she’s involved in my life, and i’m in hers. its inevitable. if i have to use her to get what i want then i will.”

there was an almost deafening silence that followed the argument.

jungkook snatched the phone from taehyung.

“leave the girl out of your business. i’ll let your father know you were just messing with her. next time i won’t let you off this easily.”

taehyung watched him leave and slam the door shut.

he was dumbfounded.

the stalking was something his father would do habitually, to find out who he was messing with. he never found that jungkook would be meeting those girls though. 

what the hell was going on?

 

-

 

jimin rushed around the bathroom with her hair and body wrapped in towels.

“did i really forget my clothes?!” she muttered.

“jimin open up...i need to use the bathroom.” 

it was jungkook.

“i’m coming! just use jin’s bathroom!”

“he’s taking a shower! c’mon!!”

“ugh!” she yelled before finally opening the door.

jungkook was flustered.

her pale skin was glistening from the water droplets.

“well move!” she pushed passed him and into her room.

 

-

 

jin had offered jimin a ride to her job so he was scolding her the whole way there.

“jaebum’s company is having a meeting at your’s today, if you see the bastard tell him i said ‘up yours!’”

jimin chuckled at the thought of his little pep talk.

she walked off the elevator to find yerin at the little kitchen area in the office.

“hey, you’re back!” she grinned giving her a nice short hug.

“did anything happen on my days off?”

“actually! i heard someone in our company is dating the son of Kim Stocks Investors!” she whispered excitedly.

“in our company? wouldn’t that son be the owner of kim enterprises?”

“oh heavens no. kim enterprises is a way smaller company by far, who would want to date him? he’s known for being a player and just, immature. my bet is that the chairman’s daughter is engaged to the other chairman’s son!”

“hmm.” jimin nodded as she poured herself some coffee.

“Park Jimin?!”

she got startled by the sudden sound off of her name.

she set the coffee down before running over towards the elevator to see what the fuss was about.

yerin tailed her.

jimin almost froze where she stood.

it was taehyung.

but he was by himself.

“...mr.kim, what are you doing here?”

“oh! this is the other ki-“ yerin had leaned over to whisper into jimin’s ear.

“can’t i visit my wife?” he asked with a small smirk.

jimin’s jaw almost fell to the floor.

“WIFE?!”

yerin yelled at the top of her lungs.

before she knew it, half of the office staff had gathered around the trio.

jimin was starting to panic.

she grabbed his wrist and dragged him to the emergency stair case.

“what’s with the aggression?”

he asked.

“what? you! you showed up to my job and announced you came to see your wife, which i am not, might i add!”

“i heard your ex is coming here.” he started.

“jin...” she groaned.

“what’s the problem? is it that bad for everyone to find out you’re married?”

he asked throwing his arm over her shoulders.

“it is! it is because i’m not married! to you or to anyone else!”

she was interrupted by her cellphone ringing.

“hello?...yes....yes...of course... i’ll be right there sir.”

she hung up and turned to look at taehyung again.

“please see your way out and don’t do this again. i don’t want to cause a scene at my job.”

 

-

 

jimin had gathered pictures and prints for her boss’ new presentation, she was in a rush to arrive to the auditorium when one of her folders flew off the stack she was carrying.

she cursed under her breathe before she saw the folder fall right back onto her arms.

“thank y-...”

she was face to face with jaebum.

“you’re welcome.”

she gave him a fake smile and started to walk passed him.

“i heard you’re not actually married.” he said turning on his heel to follow her

“you did. that’s because-“

“because people are spreading false rumors.” 

jimin watched as taehyung took the stack of papers from her. she swore he was some kind of weird super hero or some thing. as much as she was irritated with him right now, he really helped take off pressure with jaebum and all.

jaebum stared at both of them before grinning.

“i guess you really were beneath me jimin. i’m actually glad i cheated on you. you deserved it. Yah...who would’ve known you were such a disgraceful and girl? even in bed...you were always something else.”

taehyung gripped the papers until his knuckles started turning white.

jimin turned around grinned at jaebum.

“you’re a scum bag jaebum. you’re not worth anymore of my time. also, your is small. i feel sorry for your new girl. bye.”

she grabbed taehyung’s arm and dragged him along with her.

when they reached the auditorium taehyung noticed tears were dripping from her face.

he set the papers down on a podium and grabbed her arm, trying to get her to look at him.

“jimin...”

“it’s fine..please go..we have a very important meeting today...” 

taehyung walked in front of her.

she looked up at him and the tears swelling at the edge of her eyes threatened to fall.

he pulled her into a tight hug.

jimin was shocked at first, but found his hug to be comforting and very well needed.

there was a loud cough that erupted behind them.

the two turned around to see jimin’s boss.

“mr.min...i-i”

“don’t waste time coming up with excuses.

the executives are coming. taehyung, stop flirting with my secretary.”

“hyung, you were the one that put in bad word for my company?” he frowned, though he didn’t seemed so surprised.

“of course i did. you’re immature, if things went wrong i’d be at fault and as you know, i have a child to raise.”

“you have a dog.”

“it’s all the same in my eyes.”

 

-

 

after the long and tiring meeting, jimin made her way to the bus stop and slumped down on the seat.

she checked her phone to see a text from an unsaved number.

 

  • jimin, this is jungkook. save my number for emergencies...or just because we’re roommates. :)

 

jimin grinned at the text before having her phone snatched from her hands.

“texting your boyfriend?” 

it was taehyung.

he didnt even have the phone for very long because jimin kicked him on the shin.

“oww!” he groaned, grabbing at his foot.

“don’t take my stuff without permission!”

“i was just trying to scare you.” he tried.

“well try it again and you’ll end up worse.”

she threatened.

“ooh, i’m scared.” he said with a fake shiver.

jimin side eyed him and rolled her eyes.

“hey miss attitude, you hungry?” he asked.

“no.” she shook her head.

her stomach, as if on que, growled embarrassingly.

she cursed her stomach for being hungry even though it was reasonable. she had skipped lunch for the meeting.

“c’mon!” he grabbed her hand and pulled her to his car.

he opened the door and more or less pushed her in before slamming the door shut.

once inside he found jimin glaring at him.

“this could be considered kidnapping.”

“i don’t think so!” he grinned as he merged into traffic.

 

-

 

jimin poked at her steak awkwardly.

“what’s wrong?” taehyung asked.

“nothing...i just...never really ate steak much before.”

“hmm...well, theres a first time for everything, right?” 

jimin shrugged as she picked up a piece with her fork and ate it.

her eyes seemed to light up as she went in for another piece.

that went on until her entire steak was gone.

“that sure was great!” she said happily.

she pulled out a small compact mirror from her bag and reapplied her lipstick.

taehyung stared at her.

she was wearing a light pink lip color that made her lips glossy.

she had beautiful plump lips that seemed to with every word that came out of .

“what are you staring at?” she asked, a frown appearing on her face.

“huh? oh, nothing.”

“do i have something on my face?”

taehyung nodded and leaned over to her side of the table.

she backed up against the frame of her chair.

his lean fingers reached out to her face.

he poked her cheek before giving it a small squeeze.

“your cuteness is showing all over your face.” he grinned.

jimin twisted her face.

“ugh...you’re gross.” 

her phone vibrated and unlocked her phone to see a new text.

 

jungkook:

  • hey are you coming home soon? want me to pick you up? hyung told me you work at lisna, i’m like ten minutes from there. let me know.

 

jimin looked up to face taehyung.

“can you take me back to the office? i need to finish some work.”

“huh? um...sure. i’ll wait and take you home.”

“you don’t have to, i’ll get a ride from my coworkers.”

“oh...okay.”