uneventful

fate

jimin had finally decided to get out of bed around 1 in the afternoon only to be greeted by an empty house.

she huffed as she waddled up and down the hallway, her phone in her hand.

what was she supposed to do? cook? no...

she wasn’t too great at that.

she was still wearing the clothes that she’d borrowed from jin...or well...jungkook? whosever they were, maybe changing would be a start.

she had dug into her clothes for about 20 minutes before she found there was no real reason for her to change clothes, its not like she was going anywhere. 

she felt her stomach grumble.

maybe she was going to have to go out after all.

 

-

 

jungkook walked down the hallway of a complex he was renting an office space in.

he rarely came by these days since taehyung was more than enough of a job.

he unlocked the door and walked in silently.

he noticed there were letters and what not on the floor, people were probably slipping them under the door.

he picked them up before throwing them in a box with older letters.

for the most part, those were from clients, and he really couldn’t bother himself with thank you letters, especially because those people were probably being really sincere while he was just doing his job.

not really caring whether he got those people out of the problem or not.

he noticed he had developed this cold nature after becoming too involved in a case trying to prove someone’s innocence when in the end, they were manipulating jungkook too.

people were evil and he had to make sure he could avoid getting betrayed and hurt like that again.

he went to sit down at his desk when his phone started to ring in his hand.

he looked and saw jin’s name pop up, he was face timing him.

jungkook debated whether he should answer or not.

he then got a text

“i know you see me calling you! answer me you numb skull!”

he turned to look around, as if seokjin was spying on him or something.

he received another text 

“ANSWER ME.”

he finally pressed accept and found himself looking at...seokjin’s eye.

“hyung...the camera is too close.”

“how else are you gonna hear me?”

“well just voice call me then!”

“jin...” 

a familiar voice joined the conversation and jin found his phone being taken from his eye.

“hold it like this.” jimin instructed.

“ooh, i look good.” he said softly before turning his attention to jungkook again.

jungkook chuckled at his vain hyung.

he noticed jimin walking by in the background.

she raised her eyes to look at jin and happened to meet eyes with jungkook. 

she tilted her head slightly and he grinned.

“why are you looking at me like that?” jin said with a weird look on his face.

“nothing.” jungkook shook his head.

“well, i went to a meeting today and guess who decided not to show up?!”

“uh?? i don’t know?”

“YOU!”

jungkook sat quietly, thinking.

“oh was it that meeting to discuss stocks with our investors?”

“the very important one we have every month? well yes, it is. thanks for REMEMBERING.”

“i suddenly got caught up with something-“

there was a knock on his office door.

“gotta go hyung. see you at home.”

“jungkook-“

jin suddenly only saw his home screen and he frowned.

“.”

 

-

 

taehyung sat silently at the large glass table surrounded by his family.

This was more of a formality at this point since taehyung’s half and step siblings hated his guts, his step mother was like the overlord of the Taehyung Hate Club™ so there was no question why it was so, she was raising them after all.

ever since she’d married taehyung’s dad twenty years prior, she had made it some kind of hobby to ruin taehyung’s life.

whether it was at home, school, or even his dating life.

in fact, she was the one pressuring taehyung to date sooyoung in the first place.

with the only legitimate reason being that sooyoung’s father owned an expensive jewelry chain and his step mother happened to love their creations the most.

“Taehyung.”

his thought train was interupted by his father that was sitting to his left.

“I see Lisna is still not investing.” he started.

“they will.”

taehyung’s father raised an eyebrow.

“How? The investment and research teams are strongly against it.”

“I’ll make it happen.”

“Kim Taehyung!”

“I’m dating someone from the company that works directly in that part of the company.”

his father slamed his fist on the tabel causing everyone to jump a bit.

“dating?! what happened to park jewelers? the young heiress?”

“the woman from lisna ran her off.”

“ran her off?! an office worker ran off the heiress of a company?!”

taehyung sighed.

“..that, of course, was sloppy of me since I forgot to mention i had a fiancée.” 

his father was starting to fume.

“stop being foolish! do as I asked, get married and take over my company. It’s the safest and best thing you can do.”

“honey, leave him be...his company is doing well...maybe he’s just using the lisna girl as a pawn. you know how he is.”

taehyung did despise his step mother, and he was also aware the only reason she supported his individual business was because she wanted her eldest son to take over.

This eldest son was not her actual oldest son, but rather the eldest among the ones she had with taehyung’s father.

the family tree was really more like a huge pine tree at this point and that was only including taehyung’s dad and his siblings.

between taehyung’s mother and father there were only two children. himself, and his eldest sister.

his eldest sister was part of a girl group when she was young. 

she was now 32 and married with a baby though.

when she married it wasn’t to the man their father had wanted, so for a while he had abandoned her.

once he found that she had given birth to a baby boy, taehyung’s father naturally lost his mind.

“taeyeon is going to be visiting...” 

taehyung eyed his father and noticed him become a bit brighter at the thought.

“she’s gonna bring our little James.” 

taehyung always thought his nephews name was pretty unique, especially since he was a baby born to two korean parents.

“i miss him so much!” taehyung’s step mother gasped.

tired of her facade, taehyung sat quietly as he waited for a meteor to hit earth to end this excruciating dinner.

 

 

-

 

jimin had laid herself out on the sofa in the living room as she tried to find something to watch.

seokjin had left to drink with some of his friends, though he had invited jimin, she decided that given the events that took place the last time she was drunk, it was better to hold back for a little.

she heard the front door being unlocked. she stared at it until it came open.

jungkook was tugging at his tie, loosening it.

“hi jungkook.” she greeted first.

“hey.” he nodded.

he went to sit on the other sofa with a slump.

“you look like you aged seventy years since this morning.” she commented.

“ouch.”

“did something happen?”

“sooyoung.”

“oh! taehyung’s girlfriend.”

“yeah.” he nodded slowly.

“well... what did she want?”

“her and taehyung were dating with plans of marriage so naturally, because they’re both heirs of large companies, there was a contract involved.”

jimin silently nodded.

the world of the rich elite was definitely different from what she thought.

“i’m not even supposed to tell anyone about this.” he sighed.

“don’t stress it so much. who am i even gonna tell?” she grinned.

jungkook frowned.

she was really cute. it bothered him because he knew taehyung had already said he was interested in her.

wait.

what?

No.

he wasn’t interested in her.

“you okay there? you’re spacing out...” she waved her hand in front of his face.

“huh? oh.. yeah sorry, its been a long day.”

“i believe you.” she nodded.

“what did you do?” he asked.

“i just watched movies...”

“all day?” 

“yeah...i didn’t have anything else to do..” she said sheepishly.

jungkook wondered what they could possibly do this late 

“do you wanna go to a spa?”

jimin perked up.

“a spa?”

“mm.” he nodded.

“let’s go!”