roommates

fate

jimin sat quietly in front of taehyung’s desk.

“sorry about your hair.”

“my extensions are ruined.” she muttered as she dug through her scalp trying to pull the painful tracks out.

“i was just messing with you...”

“well you ruined my extensions and they’re super expensive...” she said with a sigh

“should i-“

“don’t bother.” she shook her head.

“it doesn’t look that-“

taehyung didnt even finish his sentence becuase jimin had glared at him for the thousandth time in the last two minutes.

who would've known extensions were that important?

actually...why was he letting her intimidate him? he was the one in charge here!

“hey, jimin, it was your fault for flirting with my workers.”

“ha.” she scoffed.

taehyung was confused by how she would answer him. no one had ever spoken to him like that and it angered him but piqued his interest at the same time.

“i told you im a nice guy right? as you said, we are still strangers-“

“why are you trying to act all proper now? you were literally being all clingy and bubbly five seconds of go. do you have a split personality or something?”

taehyung contemplated on how to answer the girl.

the whole truth was that taehyung actually felt bad for her and found her interesting, however, she was twenty two and he was already twenty nine so he wanted to seem a bit more...approachable. It puzzled him too, how much effort he was putting in. His real personality was more of a nonchalant one so much so some wondered if he had any feelings in there.

“Both personalities are mine...not everyone gets to see them though, so, maybe you can consider yourself lucky?” he grinned.

jimin found this situation was becoming more and more nonsensical.

“okay mr. ceo, what kind of company are you running here?” she asked.

“a dating app.”

“a dating app?”

“yes.” 

“what’s it called?”

“the one.”

jimin gasped

“the one? like...the one? THAT the ONE?” her eyes were growing huge.

“y-yes why?” he said leaning in closer.

jimin was basically gasping at this point.

“jimin calm down!”

“it’s just...”

“it’s just???”

“the app...”

“yes????”

“is total trash to be honest.” she explained, her voice monotone.

taehyung sighed and stared at her.

“how would you know?” he glared.

“well first of all, its all just for guys. girl’s cant pick and choose like guys. guys get at least five matches a day while girls get two regularly. now if-“

“wait a minute...how do you know all of this?” he asked.

“i work at a possible investor’s company, naturally, i have to know stuff like this. especially since your app is all the rage these days.” she explained. “my boss wants to invest though, i think its a risky game so they've been putting off making a deal with you guys.” 

taehyung eyed the girl.

“wait, so you’re telling me the reason we’ve been struggling to score a deal with Lisna Corporation, is because you think we’re iffy?” 

was this girl really a ceo?

he let his memories roll back and though to himself. 

theres no way.

“no.” she shook her head, having finally removed all the tracks. “it’s because i convinced my boss that it was, and he convinced everyone else.” 

taehyung didn’t know what to to do with this new information.

the two sat in more silence until jimin’s phone rang.

she saw a familiar name pop up.

“oh? that’s rare...hello?”

“hi peachy girl.” 

she grinned at the nickname.

“hi jin.”

“what are you doing?”

“you haven’t heard?”

“about?”

“uh, your precious friend has kicked me out of our house.”

“seriously?! wahh...that really...”

“well it’s whatever...hey, do you think you can pick me and my stuff up?”

“hm? yeah. you still at your house?”

“is it really my house at this point?” she chuckled.

“right, sorry.”

“eh, its okay, but uh i’m at...” her eyes wandered the office until she saw a small card stack. she grabbed one.

“Kim World Enterprises?” 

“You’re at my company?”

“this is where you work?”

“have you seriously never paid attention to me when i complain about work?” 

jimin didn’t reply,

“what a friend...how did you even end up over there?”

“stuff...happened.”

“alright, i’ll see you there okay? “

“okay.”

“love you.”

“love you.”

taehyung was staring at her.

“yes?”

“that was a guy wasn’t it?”

“yes.”

“and he works here?”

“apparently...”

“and he’s coming to get you?”

“yes...”

“so i did all that work for nothing?”

“i mean...i didn’t really...ask you to.”

“i’m starting to think you’re being ungrateful.”

“i am not. i said thank you didn’t i?” she sighed.

taehyung frowned.

jimin had forgotten to tell seokjin what floor she was on, she gave him a quick text. he answered in a second but she didn't want to bother opening it.

“anyway, taehyung, thank you for all the help. I mean it, seriously, thank you. however, since you messed up my hair this badly, we’re even now right?” she said, dangling her hair extensions in front of him. he didn’t say anything, he just looked at at her 

“i’m being honest with you.” she sighed.

to jimin, though he was a nice guy, he was a bit of a nuisance and she just wanted to stay away from guys right now.

jinyoung was an exception because he was literally like a brother to her.

“it would be weird for you not to be. still, i don’t think hair extensions are equal to the help i gave you. don’t you think?” taehyung asked, leaning back in his chair.

“well...if you want something you’d better think of it fast. i don’t plan on seeing you anymore.” jimin responded.

“someone’s being a bit mean.” taehyung gasped.

“i’m being serious. it was nice and all but these circumstances are getting really weird and i dont like being indebted to people, so spill.”

taehyung frowned, he liked jimin, she was interesting to him.

he wasn’t that upset about never seeing her again but he wanted to seem like he was, to see if he could convince her to not disappear from his life. this mostly because she was the one blocking some success for him, now that he knew this he had to do something about it.

“well, you can pay me back by being my friend.”

“and why would i-“

“park jimin!!!!” a voice rang from the otherside of the office’s door.

jimin sprang up to her feet.

“looks like im out of here. thanks again.” she waved with a grin.

“wait, jimin-“

“times up! if its meant to be i’ll pay you back one way or another.”

“i thought you didn’t like to be indebted!”

“i changed my mind.” 

“oh yeah? well, how are you gonna get your stuff out of my car?” he asked.

“with this.” she said dangling the car’s key on her ring finger. 

taehyung dug in his pocket.

“when did you?”

“you dropped it, i can’t believe you tried to hold my stuff as ransom, mr. good guy, well, i’ll bring the key back don’t worry. see ya!”

 

-

 

when jimin got into seokjin’s car a lengthy lecture was about to commence when jimin looked over at him.

“jin, you can lecture me allllll you want tomorrow, today, i’m really just beyond tired.”

seokjin frowned but nodded.

jimin somehow still looked pretty well put together aside from her stained clothes...and messy hair...and...actually she looked a complete mess.

he could barely believe she was out in public the way she was, jimin was always cautious of how she looked so he’d never seen her in such a state, he wondered if she even knew how she looked. he didn’t bother to tell her anything because he wanted to avoid making her upset at all costs, especially now that she was probably suffering the most.

 

-

 

with the help of seokjin, jimin was settled into the guest room rather quickly.

“finally, the last box.” seokjin exhaled.

“i still have some stuff left at the house but, i really don’t wanna go back.” jimin chuckled dryly.

“it’s alright, i’ll get it for you later. for now, just take a shower and rest, okay?” he said cupping her cheek.

“if you wanna talk just let me know.”

“yeah.” she nodded.

after seokjin shut the door to her new room, jimin sat there staring at the wall.

she wanted to cry but no tears came out.

she had lost her boyfriend and her home in the span of like...four to five days.

even she couldn’t believe what had happened to her.

she attempted to run her fingers through her hair but found they’d gotten caught on the knots that had formed.

she sighed in defeat before shuffling her way towards the door, when she opened it she found seokjin was still standing infront of her door.

“what are you doing?”

“you want a lie or the truth?”

“uh...the truth.”

“i was waiting for you to cry so i could burst through the door.” he admitted.

jimin laughed at this.

“well i’m not gonna be crying. i am gonna be showering though, got some spare clothes and a towel?”

“didn’t you bring clothes?”

“i did.” she nodded. “but...your clothes are bigger and more comfy!”

jin grinned at her, at least she was sort of okay. he knew she wasn’t ready to talk about everything yet, but he was willing to wait.

“just go to my room and get what you need. i’m going to pick up some food for us.”

“okey dokey.” she grinned. 

“oh...and thanks again.”

jin watched as she sort of became small after the comment.

“you know its not a problem jimin. you can stay as long as you need plus i enjoy your company. so don’t feel down about it.” he said patting her shoulder.

“yeah.” she nodded.

 

-

 

once jimin was out of the shower she wrapped her short hair with the towel and skipped out of the bathroom.

without warning she had bumped into something right outside the door. she backed up and saw a blurry face. she wasn’t wearing her contacts so she could barely make out the person’s face. she squinted and stood on her tipped toes.

unfortunately for the person standing before her, jimin’s curiosity was far more important than personal space at this moment in time.

when jimin finally backed away the guy exhaled heavily.

“who are you?”

he was baffled.

she had gotten that close to his face and still hadn’t made out his face?

“um-“

“oh, jungkook.” they turned to look in the direction of the voice.

“hyung.”

“you’re here.”

“uh..yeah.” he nodded.

jimin stood there until the lightbulb in her brain finally went off.

“lawyer!” she pointed.

as she did so...it started to sink in.

didn’t she hit on him earlier?

she covered with her hands before turning from left to right looking for the easiest route to escape.

finally, she saw the door to seokjin’s room and made a run for it.

once inside she locked the door.

she let a sigh of relief escape her lips.

“what’s that lawyer doing here?” she thought to herself.

she left herself plop down onto his bed face first. 

as nice as seokjin and his house always smelled, this smell was somewhat unfamiliar...

she shrugged and continued to relax until she heard the door opening.

“hey, jin, why is that law-“

she stopped mid sentence when she found the lawyer standing there.

“j-jungkook.”

“you’re already in my bed? you fancy me that much?” he smirked.

jimin felt around the bed before looking at him again.

“no wonder...this smell...”

“if you like it that much you’re welcome to join me.” he chuckled.

jimin gave him a weird look as she was about to get up jungkook fell into bed right next to her.

“i thought this was jin’s room!”

“did you? have you never been here before?”

“not in a long time...i didn’t know he had a roommate.”

“more like a tenant, since this is his place.”

“oh.”

“so, you’re gonna be living her now?” 

jimin folded her legs and nodded slowly.

“i guess so.”

“how do you know hyung?”

“i could ask you the same thing.”

“college.”

“college?”

“yeah, he’s an accountant now but he tutored part time for some classes i was taking back then. we just happened to get close like this.”

“i see...”

“i thought you had stocked me to my house.” jungkook admitted.

“i don’t think you’re that cute.” jimin scoffed.

“you don’t?” he asked turning over on his back.

jimin’s eyes couldn’t help but to stare.

he was wearing a suit but the only time she’d ever seen anyone look that good in one was when she saw seokjin in one.

He was obviously well built as the button’s on his shirt tugged at the fabric rather harshly. jimin gulped quietly.

before meeting jungkook’s eyes.

“you wear glasses don’t you?” he asked.

jimin squinted before nodding.

“you look a little crazy, squinting like that.” 

he chuckled.

“i can see! ....everything’s just blurry...”

jungkook leaned up and moved closer to jimin, just like she had done to him earlier.

this time jimin was holding her breath.

“you can’t see me even this close?” 

she could see him...the little mole under his bottom lip was especially...interesting.

“hey guys- what are you guys doing?” seokjin glared.

he was mostly glaring at jungkook.

“hyung, look, she’s blind.” he pointed.

“she’s not blind you idiot, she just can’t see very clearly.” he sighed waving his chopsticks around.

“isn’t it the same..thing?”

“jungkook, stop saying stupid things, seriously, you’d think a guy with your job and the grades you had in school would be smarter than this.” 

“ouch.” jungkook gasped.

“come outside, the food is gonna get cold.”

“okay!” jimin jumped off of the bed and followed seokjin like a puppy.

jungkook watched them and chuckled at the view. she was incredibly small next to seokjin. and it didn’t help that he was already super tall in general.

“jungkook!” seokjin yelled.

“im coming!”