Chapter VIII; Seulgi, you too?

Hearts for Dinner, Souls for Dessert

After their short break, the groups switched so Joy and Yeri didn’t have to worry about Lucas or anything, and they had fun for the later half of the class. Unsurprisingly, seeing as it was already nearly 23:00, that was their last evening class. What did come as a surprise though, was the fact that they were expected to have a late night tea and snack. The five girls made their way back down the stairs and back into the dining hall. Out of natural human instinct, they returned to the table that they had sat at before. This time, chamomile tea was served with biscuits and strawberry jam.

“Okay, so why exactly are we eating at almost midnight?” Wendy asked.

“It’s just custom, I guess.” Seulgi explained. “We go to our room after this and lights out isn’t until 1:00.”

“Then what do we do with the extra time?” Yeri mused.

“Really, that’s up to you. It’s our free time. I’ll tell you know, enjoy it. We don’t get a lot of it.” Seulgi smiled grimly.

Before anyone could complain, a loud voice began speaking towards the front of the room.

“Alright ladies! As you already know, we are currently hosting a group of Tenebris boys. They will be joining you in your nightly tea, and will also be attending some of your classes while they’re here.” Alice, their headmistress, explained.

Up until now, Yeri had completely forgotten her unfortunate encounter from not an hour ago. At the announcement, the boys entered the dining hall. They were unruly and moved in a mob, everything about their manner was rough. Wendy took all her strength not to remark on the fact that it seemed their school was most definitely not helping their manners. Yeri audibly groaned, and Joy’s face darkened. Irene and Seulgi were deep in conversation about the best way to serve biscuits depending on the season, and Wendy looked remarkably uninterested. As expected, Ian and Lucas made their way over to the table that the five girls were sitting at. As they approached, Irene turned to the two and, gesturing to the one open chair, said “Sorry, only one of you can sit here. If you insist on sitting together, you can go to a different table.” Though Irene meant for her brother to leave, Ian elbowed Lucas and said “Looks like you’re gonna have to shop somewhere else,” he laughed. Lucas laughed along.

“Seems so,” with that he made his way over to another table.

Yeri felt herself let out a breath she hadn’t realized she was holding in. Thankfully, no one seemed to notice.

“So, what’ve you girls been up to?” Ian prodded. He was nosy as ever.

Apparently, Irene thought the same thing, because she pointed it out. “Nosy as ever, huh? Is Tenebris even teaching you anything?”

“And you’re rude as ever.” Ian retorted.

Yeri giggled. “Come on guys, let’s all be the adults we are.”

“Hah, these two’ll always be kids,” Wendy joked. Yeri sighed in defeat.

“I feel bad for this poor bear here,” Ian said in reference to Seulgi, “I don’t think she knows what she's gotten herself into.” Ian was more right than he knew.

“Please, today has been more exciting than my whole previous week here. If anything, I’m glad to have made friends.” Seulgi smiled. Yeri felt bad for her. She figured sooner or later Seulgi would end up finding out what she’d done, and by then, she’d be in too deep.

“And then there’s Joy, I don’t know how y’all got her in your little ring, but she’s way out of your league,” Ian snickered.

“Not like she’s in your league either,” Wendy shot back. She didn’t like when people insinuated she was ugly or unlikeable.

“Well damn,” Ian said in mock hurt.

“Anyways,” Irene rolled her eyes. “Time’s up for our late night snack, so we’re going to leave.”

Just as Irene said that, the bell signaling free time rang. Yeri figured that this was as good a time as ever to try to figure out anything she could about the ring she had acquired. As they were about to leave the dining hall, the headmistress stopped them.

“Good evening, ladies, I’m very glad to see you have made friends! Anyways, I’ve come to inform you that there was a mistake in the rooming situation, though seeing that you’ve already met Seulgi it’s probably fine. Seulgi will be joining your room arrangement. Fear not, the room has been adjusted to fit a new person”

Yeri couldn’t believe what she was hearing. She liked Seulgi, sure, but if Seulgi was to room with them, she was sure to figure out Joy and also Yeri’s ring. While Seulgi seemed nice enough, Yeri knew that she would be stupid if she thought that Seulgi would just keep all of their secrets.

Everyone looked just as shocked, and they all traded glances as the headmistress left them in their stupor.

“Well, I suppose it’s better than being alone!” Seulgi said brightly. The other girls just laughed nervously.

They were in for one hell of a ride, and this was only their first day at the academy.

Irene led the way back to the great room, and up the stairs to their room. Upon their arrival, they realized what Alice had meant when she said that the room had been adjusted. Their room had quite literally doubled in size, and now instead of four beds and such, there were five.

“Wow, sometimes I forget that magic can do pretty much anything.” Irene said.

“Ugh that’s great and all, but my corset is rearranging my organs, so I’d like to change.” Wendy groaned and walked up the stairs and to her bed where she collapsed.

“I feel you. Whoever invented these damn things is probably burning in hell by now,” Seulgi agreed and followed Wendy, taking the uninhabited bed between Wendy and Irene.

Yeri gigled. “It’s not so bad you guys!”

“No that’s just ‘cause you’re flat as a board.” Wendy teased, standing and ing the top part of her dress. Everyone laughed at Yeri’s pout of a response.

Wendy, who had indeed had enough of her corset, stepped out of her dress and removed the corset, heaving a huge sigh of relief. The other four girls followed suit and they all changed into their choice of pajamas.

Even though it was free-time, relaxing sounded the best to the five friends, and so they all gathered in the lower part of the room on the sofa. Yeri decided she should inform Seulgi of the mess she’d gotten herself into.

“Alright, I think we need to tell Seulgi what she’s gotten herself into.” Yeri started.

Irene laughed nervously. “What do you mean?” Wendy shot Yeri a I-ing-dare-you look, and Seulgi just looked really confused.

“Think about it,” Yeri sighed. “She’s going to find out anyways at some point, so why not just tell her. I’m sure she’d be unhappy if she found out that we’d tried to keep it from her, so might as well just give her a heads up.”

Wendy and Irene exchanged looks of defeat; they knew Yeri was right, but they felt bad dragging Seulgi into such a sketchy plot. Seulgi looked from each girl to the next suspiciously.

“What are you guys talking about?” She asked.

Yeri took a deep breath. She had been careful when changing into her pajamas and made sure Seulgi hadn’t seen her arms or her chest. Now, she removed the sleeves of her pajamas, and revealed the damage she’d received earlier.

Seulgi gasped. “Are you okay? Oh my God, doesn’t it hurt?!”

“I’m fine, now at least. I don’t feel them anymore,” Yeri explained.

“How did that even happen? I’ve never seen something like that.” Seulgi asked curiously.

Yeri pointed to Joy. “I accidentally summoned her.”

Seulgi, with her blank face, clearly didn’t understand, so Joy reverted to her normal appearance, with her horns and enchanting eyes. Seulgi was speechless, but dropped open.

You summoned a demon on accident?” She all but shrieked. Yeri winced.

“Yeah, basically.”

“How do . . . how do you accidentally summon a demon?!”

“With this,” Yeri held up her wrist, displaying the strange gauntlet-ring-thing.

“Oh, you have one too?” everyone’s head whipped around to look at Seulgi in shock.


Hey guys so this new chapter's finally up! I'm sorry I disappeared for a bit, but last week was my birthday and I was super busy with school and life in general!

Thankfully things finally slowed down and so I'm back~ I hope you guys can all understand, anyways, I'll be updating everyday/every other day this week hopefully!

-Elly