Valentine's Day Special

Hearts for Dinner, Souls for Dessert

Valentine’s Day. Wendy sighed and packed her papers and materials back into her bag. Valentine’s Day was really nothing special to her. In her opinion, it was a useless holiday. She didn’t even get a break from her classes, so was it even really a holiday? Wendy’s friend Seulgi, on the other hand, had her sights set on their upperclassman friend, Irene. Irene was quite a catch, even by Wendy’s standards, and she knew how head-over-heels Seulgi was. At the same time though, Seulgi was the sophomore heartthrob, the y dance major. Wendy might not have much of an eye for love, but even she could see the way that Irene watched Seulgi a little too long whenever their friends would help Seulgi with choreography practice. She saw the way a smile ghosted over Irene’s lips when she got a message from the younger girl. Wendy was fairly sure that her upperclassman was into Seulgi too.

“You wanna go get lunch?” Wendy’s friend Joy asked as she walked out of her lesson.

“That sounds really good actually. Is anyone else free?” She replied.

“Yeri is,” Joy said. “Seulgi has regionals practice, and Irene has her study group.”

“Cool. The usual?” Wendy asked, referring to their usual hangout spot called Kingdom Come.

“Yeah sounds good! I’ll text Yeri to meet us there.” Joy said, taking out her phone.

Kingdom Come was a small cafe about a block or so from the campus. The atmosphere was cute and cozy, and the food was good. Yeri liked to say it looked like a cafe that would be in disney land, and if Wendy was honest, shed agree. Everything was in pastels, and all the food and drinks were cute and decorative. Yeri was a waitress there, and all the waitresses wore cute outfits to match the atmosphere. Wendy was a science major, so she was decidedly not particularly cute, like art major Yeri, but secretly she wished she could pull off something cute like the cafe’s uniforms.

Yeri had the day off, so she met the two girls at the cafe. They sat at their usual spot, a booth by the window in the back. Wendy and Joy had arrived first and once Yer arrived she slumped into her seat with a dramatic sigh.

“You should’ve been a drama major, you’re such a drama queen.” Joy smirked and Yeri gave her her infamous whatever look.

Wendy rolled her eyes. “Was your math test that bad?”

“Oh, don’t even get me started!” Yeri groaned. “Anyways, tomorrows Valentine’s Day, but with all the decorations and talk, you’d think it was today.” she continued.

“Right? I wonder if Seulgi and Irene will finally get together this year?” Joy giggled.

“We could always give them a little nudge in the right direction?” Wendy suggested tentatively. Putting a scheme out to Joy and Yeri was potentially dangerous.

Joy and Yeri exchanged a knowing glance. “Oh my God, you’ve already got a plan haven’t you.” Wendy groaned.

“Well, of course! Who do you take us for?” Yeri exclaimed, a mischievous twinkle in her eyes.

“So here’s what we were thinking,” Joy started. “Since the five of us and a few of our other friends are single, we figured we could have a fun sleepover party type thing!”

“How does that have anything to do with getting Irene and Seulgi together?” Wendy asked.

Yeri rolled her eyes. “Truth or Dare? Spin the Bottle? Duh!” She said as if it were perfectly obvious that’s what they had meant.

“Oh hell no. I do not participate in that .” Wendy said, shaking her head.

“It’ll look suspicious if you don’t play though!” Yeri pouted.

“Yeah just it up! It’s just a bunch of friends anyways, it won’t be uncomfortable.” Joy agreed.

“Who were you even planning on dragging into this mess?” Wendy asked, blatantly ignoring their try to persuade her.

“Well, the five of us, Taeyeon, Tiffany, Krystal, Luna, Yoona, and Yuri and Hyoyeon if they can make it,” Joy listed.

“This is so not a good idea,” Wendy sighed.

“What could go wrong?” Yeri chirped.

“Oh, what if we have everyone bring something sweet. Then we get free food with hot girls!” Joy suggested. Yeri elbowed her in the ribs and frowned.

“That’s actually not a bad idea.” Wendy said raising her eyebrow.

“You had better invite everyone now before they make plans.” Yeri spoke to Joy. Joy nodded and took out her phone.

To: Kim Highnote; Ms. America; Ice Queen; The Sun(young); Model Yoona; YulYul; y Hyo; Seulbear; Loverene

Yo, y’all up for a single’s awareness party tomorrow night? I know you’re all single, so don’t even try to come up with an excuse~ Bring something sweet too. We’ll meet at Wendy’s dorm at 18:00

“Ok, I told everyone to come.” Joy said, putting away her phone. After seeing some of her contact names, Yeri secretly wondered what Joy’s contact name for her was.

“We’ll meet at your place, Wendy, at six.” Yeri smiled.

“My place? , I have to go clean then,” Wendy cringed. Her dorm wasn’t a mess, but she figured she’d have to move some things around to fit all of the girls. Joy and Yeri giggled as Wendy left and headed back to her dorm.

Wendy’s previous roommate, Jessica, had graduated the previous year so she had a rather large dorm all to herself. Her friends often about the plainness of the dorm, seeing as it was fairly empty and had a simple blue and white colour scheme. To be honest, Wendy was just too lazy to actually finish decorating. She decided that she would clear out the main room so that everyone could sleep there and they could play their games there too. Wendy decided she wouldn’t participate no matter what anyone said. That kind of thing wasn’t really her forte.

Though Wendy did have to admit, she wondered how Joy and Yeri were going to get Irene and Seulgi partnered or to interact. With that many people, games like that were really more chance. Unbeknownst to her, Yeri and Joy had done much more extensive planning than they let on.

Straightening up her dorm had taken much less time than Wendy had initially expected, so she became bored quickly. Suddenly she got a great idea. She knew her friends loved chocolate, and seeing as tomorrow was Valentine’s Day, and they were all single, she decided to make chocolate for everyone. Wendy was probably the best cook out of everyone she knew, so she knew her friends wouldn’t be suspicious of being poisoned. Seeing as she had no chocolate whatsoever, she put on her shoes and grabbed a thin jacket and headed out towards the nearest convenience store. Normally, she wouldn’t even think of buying chocolate from a convenience store, but it was already fairly late, and Wendy had some ideas to spice up the boring chocolate. It was already dark when Wendy exited her dorm building and started walking in the right direction. She hadn’t made it very far before she heard someone calling her name.

“Wendy!” A girl yelled from behind her.

“Oh! Hey Sunny! What’re you doing out at this time?” Wendy asked the petite girl that had ran to catch up to her.

“I’m headed to the convenience store, ran out of ramyun,” she explained.

“Oh, I’m headed there too! Want to go together?” Wendy asked.

“Yeah! What’re you up to going to the store this late?” Sunny raised her eyebrow.

“Well, since it’s Valentine’s Day tomorrow, and pretty much all of my friends are single, I figured I’d just make them all chocolate so they don’t feel left out” Wendy giggled, as they headed off to the store.

“That’s so nice of you! They should be happy since your cooking is the best!” Sunny smiled. “You’ll make me some too won’t you?” she made a cute face. Wendy just laughed and agreed.

Sunny was Wendy’s upperclassman, a drama major. They had met when Wendy first came to university because Wendy had been asked by her physics teacher to tutor some students, Sunny being one of them. They had gotten along right away and had been friends ever since. Sunny also worked at Kingdom Come with Yeri.

“Speaking of which,” Wendy started, “Are you doing anything tomorrow?”

“I would, but I don’t have anyone to do something with,” Sunny sighed.

Wendy linked arms with her friend. “Well, I could certainly use your help.”

“What did Joy and Yeri plan this time?” Sunny asked, and Wendy laughed.

“They’re trying to get Irene and Seulgi together under the guise of a sleepover party.” Wendy explained.

“Oh? That seems . . . strangely unelaborate for those two.” Sunny decided.

“I’m sure they have more planned than they’ve said, but to be honest I’m way too sober to ask or care. As long as they don’t involve me without my knowledge.” Wendy said as the duo walked into the store they had just arrived at.

“So basically, you want me to come to keep you company?” Sunny asked, guiding them over to the wide range of different ramyun choices.

“Yeah, pretty much, and cause they’re planning on instigating party games and I really don’t want any part of that but I also don’t wanna be the only one sitting out y’know?” Wendy added.

“Oh, I feel you, party games are the worst. Anyways, I’ll come.” Sunny smiled, picking up a few different kinds of ramyun. The two then made their way over to look at what kind of chocolate was available.

“Thank you so much, you’re such a lifesaver.” Wendy thanked her friend, deciding on white chocolate and dark chocolate. After they payed, they started walking back towards their dorms.

Wendy and Sunny chatted the whole way back, and once they reached the dorms, Wendy wished her friend a good night and headed up to her room to start on her chocolate.

Wendy made a lot of chocolate, using various mixes of the chocolate she had gotten, and molding them into many different shapes. Once she had finished making them and wrapping them in pretty boxes of red pink and gold foil, it was past two in the morning. Wendy mentally slapped herself for not watching the time. Though she didn’t mind too much since she only had two classes tomorrow. Quickly, Wendy cleaned up her mess and went to bed.

Unlike Seulgi, Wendy woke up on time, took a shower, wore her usual stylish outfit, and even had time to put on some light makeup and eat breakfast. Seulgi on the other hand, rushed into their biology class a minute before the professor- who was actually at least ten minutes late himself- in sweats and with disheveled hair. Wendy stifled a laugh as she handed her friend a box of her home-made chocolates.

“You look like you could use this,”

Opening it and discovering it was chocolate, Seulgi brightened. “Thank our lord and saviour Wendy, holy .” This time Wendy couldn’t help but laugh.

By the time the lecture had ended and they were free to go to lunch, Seulgi had long finished the chocolates, and looked a bit more alive.

“Thank you so much, it was seriously the best thing I’ve eaten in my life!” Seulgi exclaimed. “Anyways, I gotta run, practice calls.”

Wendy waved to her friend as she dashed off towards the dance studio. She didn’t have much time before her next lesson, not enough to eat at least, so she decided to just head over to her classroom. To her surprise, the professor arrived around the same time as she did. He was one of the youngest to teach at their school, not much older than a good deal of his students. However, there were rumors that he came onto some of his female students. Wendy had always gotten a weird vibe from him, but she didn’t believe the rumors, at least, that was until now.

“Oh, Wendy! You’re early. Don’t you have someone to spend time with today?” He asked her as he entered the room, Wendy following.

“Hello professor, no I don’t have someone like that.” She laughed nervously.

“What a shame, someone as pretty as you, not having a boyfriend.” He said, setting down his materials on the podium. Wendy was extremely uncomfortable, and she knew there was still a good ten minutes before the other students would begin filling the lecture hall.

“Well, if you’re not doing anything, you could go to dinner with me,” The professor said, leaning against the podium.

“I should really being doing homework tonight . . .” Wendy said quietly, not sure what to do in this situation.

“Come on,” He moved a little closer and Wendy backed up a few steps. “It’s Valentine’s Day! You have to do something,”

“I r-really don’t t-think-” she stammered as he tried to get even closer. Just then Sunny burst into the room.

“Wendy! I knew I’d find you-” She stopped short when she saw the professor cornering a very uncomfortable looking Wendy. If looks could kill, he would’ve been dead within milliseconds. Sunny marched over, took Wendy by the hand, and pulled her along, right out of the room and to the nearby courtyard.

Sitting them both down on a bench, she turned worriedly to her friend. “Are you okay?!”

“I . . . I don’t know,” Wendy said, shaking a bit. She was afraid to think of what might’ve happened if Sunny hadn’t come and rescued her.

“What a creepy !” Sunny cried angrily.

Wendy just sat there silently, letting Sunny’s presence calm her racing mind.

“I think we should go back to your room. I’m not letting that creep near you again.” Sunny said, standing and guiding Wendy to do the same. Taking Wendy’s hand and then linking arms with her, the two walked back to the dorms. Once they reached Wendy’s dorm room, Sunny sat her down on the sofa and Disney’s Hercules. Sunny then went into the kitschen and made two cups of green tea for them. After handing one of the cups to Wendy, she set her cup down on the coffee table and grabbed a blanket from the other room. The two girls sat on the sofa under the blanket watching disney movies for a few hours, until Joy and Yeri came over to get ready for the party.

“Oh, hey Sunny,” Joy said absentmindedly, rushing to the kitchen to put the food and drinks they had brought in the fridge.

“Wait, Sunny? What’re you doing here? What are you two doing?” Yeri asked looking at the two girls suspiciously.

Sunny looked at Wendy as if to ask permission to tell the other two girls of the afternoon’s events. Wendy who had calmed down and cheered up considerably, just nodded and turned back to the movie.

Sunny explained, and as she retold the story, Joy got more and more angry while Yeri was horrified.

“That ing creepy , I’ll slit his fatass throat in his sleep!” Joy fumed.

“That’s a little much, Joy, but yeah what an !” Yeri crossed her arms.

“Are you okay to have the party? We can cancel if you’re not feeling up for it,” Joy offered.

“No, I’m fine, Sunny cheered me up.” Wendy smiled. “But Sunny’s gonna join us, so I don’t have to handle you brats by myself.” she teased.

Fifteen minutes before six, and all the food they had currently was set out, as well as the drinks, and the supplies Joy and Yeri deemed necessary for their games. By quarter past six, all the girls had arrived in Wendy’s apartment, and were making small talk.

“Alright! Listen up everyone!” Joy raised her voice and it got quiet. Joy and Yeri were standing on the coffee table, much to Wendy’s dismay.

“In honor of Valentine’s Day, us single girls are going to have some fun!” Yeri said, and Wendy could’ve sworn she heard a tint of mischief in her voice.

“We’re going to play some traditional sleepover games!” Joy announced. “Starting with Spin the Bottle!” the girls murmured, and Wendy groaned.

Joy and Yeri began to organize the girls into a circle, making very sure that Irene and Seulgi were on opposite sides of said circle. In the process, they ended up across each other, and through Sunny’s persuasion, she and Wendy were across from each other.

“Who’s going to start?” Taeyeon, who was next to Wendy, asked?

Joy smirked. “I guess I will~”

Grabbing the empty bottle, Joy spun it in the middle of the circle. It landed right on Wendy.

“Ughh,” Wendy groaned. “You come over here ‘cause I’m not getting up.” by this point, Wendy was too exhausted to protest, and she let Joy kiss her. It was short, but also sweet. Wendy supposed that was the difference between kissing boys vs kissing girls. Kissing girls was always nicer. They had decided to proceed clockwise, making Yuri next.

“Let’s do this!” Yuri giggled, spinning the bottle. Wendy’s eyebrows shot up when it landed on Seulgi. Surely this wasn’t the plan? She wasn’t so sure after looking at Joy and Yeri though, because their expressions didn’t change at all.Yuri and Seulgi’s kiss was similar to Wendy and Joy, though inevitably a bit more passionate. Everyone was watching with interest, though Wendy personally thought it lasted if only a second too long, and she would bet her life on the fact that Irene had a fake smile plastered on her face.

Irene watched silently as she spun the bottle, her being the next turn. Though she would never admit it, Irene was slightly disappointed when the bottle landed on Wendy.

“Again?!” Wendy sighed. If this kept up, Wendy was going to kick Sunny’s for convincing her to play. Irene kissed Wendy; it was short, and Wendy felt bad for Irene. She knew for sure now what her upperclassman had been hoping for.

Next was Taeyeon. The girl spun the bottle excitedly and giggled when it landed on her best friend, Tiffany. As Taeyeon crawled over to Tiffany, Wendy saw a smirk pass over Joy’s face, and suddenly she felt as if the two demons were trying to get more than just Seulgi and Irene together. It was immediately obvious that there were unspoken feelings between the two girls, because the kiss was visibly more passionate than the other kisses before had been. Taeyeon was pretty much in Tiffany’s lap, and Tiffany’s face was rosy, both girls practically giggling into the kiss.

“Okay, okay, moving on!” Joy called rolling her eyes as the two girls seperated and Taeyeon returned to her spot in the circle. She was smiling even wider than she had been before. Tiffany was still blushing, and she wouldn’t look directly at Taeyeon.

Wendy sighed as that signaled it was her turn. With a scowl, she lazily but forcefully spun the bottle, sitting back on her heels. She watched the bottle intently as it slowed and slowed, and then landed on Sunny. Wendy breathed a sigh of relief. This would probably be the least annoying outcome for her. Wendy narrowed her eyes at her own thoughts, but crawled over to Sunny anyway, who was patting the space in front of her with a smile. Slight sleep delirium had set in for Wendy from the previous night by now, and she looked at Sunny sleepily. When Sunny kissed her, she discovered the girl’s lips were soft and sweet. Wendy smiled slightly into the kiss, kissing back without even realizing. She could feel the blood rushing to her head, but she was too dizzy to think about the meaning. After what seemed like an eternity to Wendy, Sunny pulled away. Laughing, she ruffled Wendy’s hair.

“Hey, don’t fall asleep or you’ll miss the rest of the game!” Wendy just blinked, returning a bit to reality, and moving back to her spot. She missed the look that Yeri and Joy shared. Yoona, who was next, spun and landed on Luna. Like the beginning of the game, it wasn’t anything special.

Wendy really didn’t think much when Yeri spun next and landed on Joy. They were close, she figured it would be nothing, like her and Sunny. But Wendy also didn’t miss the slight widening of Yeri’s eyes and the ever so slightly dusting of pink on Joy’s cheeks. Wendy was too tired, and wouldn’t be able to put two and two together until the next day.

Joy made her way- somewhat slowly- over to her friend. Of all the things they had planned that night, this was definitely not one of them. When they kissed, Joy could immediately feel the heat and passion that flowed between them. Yeri had kissed people, sure, but it was nothing like this. This made her stomach do somersaults and left her craving more of Joy. Though the kiss wasn’t long, and no one was suspicious, it left both participants slightly confused about their feelings. By this time, Wendy had fallen asleep, and when Joy noticed, she rolled her eyes then looked at Sunny wh nodded. Sunny walked over to the sleeping girl and half woke her. She was practically dragging Wendy to her bed while the others continued playing their game. Sunny gently put Wendy into her bed and tucked the blankets in around her. She was about to return to the game when Wendy grabbed her hand.

“Stay,” she mumbled sleepily.

Wendy really wasn’t cute, she was smart and elegant, she was stoic, but Sunny thought when she was sleepy, she was the cutest. Sunny couldn’t resist, and laid down next to Wendy.

Wendy giggled sleepily and snuggled up closer to Sunny, who her side so she was facing Wendy.

Sunny had never really truly noticed how pretty Wendy was. Her features were sharp, but pure. Her skin was soft, and her hair silky. Sunny’s thoughts were interrupted though, by Wendy.

“Kiss me,” she whined cutely. Sunny just blinked, trying to process what was happening. She laughed and tapped Wendy on the nose.

“Don’t be silly! You’re tired just go to sleep~” Sunny cooed, trying not to think, and unknowingly holding her breath. If she thought at all, she was sure she wouldn’t be able to resist the cute girl before her. Unfortunately for Sunny, Wendy was desperate, and she made a disapproving noise and wiggled closer to Sunny.

“Please?” Wendy pouted again. Their faces were centimeters apart, and Sunny could feel her warm breath on her face. Her impulse control was rumbling, and very quickly. And before she could stop herself, her lips were on Wendy’s. Wendy sighed, clearly happy at having gotten what she wanted. The kiss wans’t heated, or needy, it was slow and sweet. The two girls poured their feelings that they hadn’t even acknowledged into the kiss. When Sunny finally pulled away she gasped, and Wendy giggled. Wendy snuggled even closer to Sunny, and the two fell asleep like that.

Meanwhile, back in the game, Seulgi had landed on Irene. Yeri looked at Joy, and Joy had to really try not to smirk. Their plan was finally in action, even if it was pure luck. Seulgi was nervous. She was going to kiss the girl she’d been pinning after for almost a year. She, Seulgi, the lame dance major, was going to kiss the goddess of the literature department. Irene smiled at her, and finally made her way over, since Seulgi couldn’t find the strength to move. And then, Irene was kissing her. Their lips fit together perfectly, and Seulgi was in heaven. Irene smiled into the kiss, and Seulgi knew they felt the same. There was so much emotion in the kiss, Seulgi wanted it to last forever. If this was what heaven was, she was ready to die.

“Jesus, get a room!” Joy yelled loudly.

The two girls broke apart gasping and blushing like crazy. Seulgi was so embarrassed, she couldn’t look straight at Irene. At least not until she was pulling Seulgi up by the wrist and dragging her out the door.

“Hey, wait, where’re you two going?” Yeri called after them.

Joy just gave her a smirk. They had been successful. Valentine’s Day plan was a success.

Though they didn’t know what was in store for them when Wendy came to her senses and realized the feelings they couldn’t even recognize themselves.

 


Well, here it is! I know it's realllllly long, but I couldn't stop myself~

I hope you all like it, and I know that Wendy/Sunny is kinda a crack ship, but I kinda just ran with it haha.

Anyways feedback is appreciated, and Happy Valentine's Day~~

-Elly