One Chance

The promise made on that summer day

Welcome to Seoul

 

Looking at those words brought mist to her eyes. She has walk past this greetings for years, but never did it once brought about such strong feelings of home. Brushing away the emotions, she fished out her phone and saw a message: We are at the basement carpark.

 

Noting the instruction, she proceed to make her way to the basement carpark while tugging her scarf higher to cover up.

 

Upon reaching the basement carpark, she was scanning the area to look for her sister. Suddenly, a white Range Rover drove and stop next to her. This car looks familiar?

 

The back passenger door open and surprisingly, her sister is in the car. “Unnie, hop on! Faster!”

 

Without much delay, she board the car and it drove off quickly.

 

“Soojung-ie, this car is…”

 

“Unnie, this is Hyoyeon unnie’s car.”

 

No wonder it looks so familiar

 

[3 Hours ago at the memorial service]

 

“Oppa, is there a back door here? Can someone enter without the media at entrance knows?” Krystal nervously asked her Manager oppa.

 

“Krystal-ah, Oppa is not sure too. I can go check, but why do you need to know?”

 

“Erm.. it’s actually, someone is here to pay respect to Jonghyun Oppa but..”

“Who is coming?” a hoarse female voice asked

 

Krystal was shocked at first, debating whether to tell the truth or not.

 

“Soojung-ah, unnie just wanted to help you..if you don't say i can’t..”

 

“It’s Sica-unnie, Sunny unnie will you help us?”

 

“Of course, what are you saying.. Give me a moment to arrange” Sunny was shock for a moment, the familiar name. Her friend, no her family is coming back and they are likely to meet face-to-face at this venue. Sica-ah, are you finally coming back to your family?

 

“Hyoyeonie, did you drove here?”

 

“Yup, i did. Why?”

 

“Can you lend Soojungie your car? Manager Oppa will drive it though, she needs to pick up someone from the airport.”

 

“Someone from the airport??” Could it be…

 

Yes..its her Sunny relay the message through her eyes.

 

[back to the car]

 

“Sunny unnie help me arrange because she said you can’t take taxi to there and if we use the company’s car, reporters would surely follow and you would risk meeting them. Using Hyoyeon unnie’s car would be safer and they have arrange to drive direct to the basement carpark and clear the lift area of reporters”

 

Gomawo chingu-ya

 

[Back at memorial service hall]

 

Sunny and Hyoyeon went to the rest with some hot drinks cans. Except for Tiffany, the rest of SNSD are all gathered together. At times like this, they are each other’s strongest pillar of support, especially for Taeyeon & Yoona. They were the closest to Jonghyun in SNSD because of the support group that they chair with Lee Teuk.

 

Yoona was resting against Yuri while Taeyeon was resting against SeoHyun. After handing out the can drinks, Sunny took out her phone and began typing and after which she passed it to SooYoung.

 

{Guys, Sica is on the way here now. I know this is not a good time but I’m afraid it’s the only chance we have to meet her. Shall we all go to the dorm after this, that is if Sica agrees?}

 

SooYoung read the message over and over again. Looking over at Sunny to confirm that this is real and not a dream.

 

“Call.”

 

With that she pass the phone to Yuri who woke Yoona up and read the message together. After reading the message, Yoona started tearing up again, without saying a word but keep nodding her head.

 

On the other hand, TaeYeon and SeoHyun was reading the same message but from Hyoyeon’s phone. Both of them couldn’t believe their eyes but they know better that Kim Choding would not play such jokes at this timing. Both of them were too, nodding their heads to show their agreement to the plan when suddenly..

 

“Unnie!”

 

“Tae!”