Promise

The promise made on that summer day

The next day, all nine of them were in the dance studio for their practice.

 

“Good job girls, let’s take a break!” Once their choreographer said the magic words, everyone let out a groan and sprawl on the floor, disregarding their image as goddess. Taeyeon was just lying down on the dance resting, it really feels good to be dance away her frustration and to be surrounded by her members, her family. Just listening to them makes her smile.

 

“Omg, I’m hungry~~~” whined Sooyoung and Yoona.

 

“Both of you are always hungry! What’s for lunch?” Tiffany commented

 

“Korean meal or American food?” asked Yuri while doing her yoga stretching.

 

“Yah! Lee SoonKyu, get over here and stop playing your game!” Hyoyeon called Sunny over

 

“Hmm.. potato soup?” Jessica suggest

 

“Call!” Several potato soup fanatics agreed to this

 

“Maknae go order!” Hyoyeon joke

 

“Wae unnie?!” Seohyun was shock by the sudden instruction

 

“ya, maknae you must listen to your unnies” Sunny join in as well

 

“Aniyo~~” Seohyun knew her unnies were teasing her so she show her aegyo

 

“I will do it.. oh wait let me take this call first” Jessica volunteered but she had a sudden incoming call.

 

“It’s okay, I will do it” Taeyeon said while eyeing Hyoyeon for teasing Seohyun

 

“Opps, toilet time!” the resident choding make her slip to the toilet.

 

“Me too!” Yuri joined her


 

Somewhere in SM

 

“I can’t do this anymore…”

 

“Don’t forget your sister issue, I don’t mind making it big”

 

“No please…i beg you..”

 

“So you will continue?”

 

“Yes.. but she is suspecting it already..”

 

“I will take care of that.. you just follow my instruction”


 

Washroom

 

“Did you hear about it?” Staff A asked

 

“What did you hear again this time? Staff B replied

 

“Oh, it’s daebak news! But i think their time will end when it happens”

 

“What is it? Stop keeping me in suspense!”

 

“I heard she is leaving the group. She is choosing business over their friendship”

“Are you serious? They have been together for a long time”

 

“Yea, i think the board is getting tired of it. Her missing practices, but they will have a final meeting again to decide. If she didn’t turn up then i guess the decision is made..”

 

“Woah, then a generation is gone”

 

*Flush*

 

Upon hearing the flush sound, the two staff hurriedly went out of the washroom.

 

After hearing the door closed, two figures step out from the cubicles with darkened expression.

 

“What are they talking about? That sounds like Sica’s situation?” Yuri asked

 

“I don’t know, I would have confronted them if not for your signal..should we tell the rest?” Hyoyeon answered. Earlier when they were in the cubicles, Hyoyeon was about to go out and confront them but then she hear the slight tapping sound on the divider. It’s their own morse code to communicate for circumstances they cannot speak out aloud.

 

“Let’s just observe? It’s not confirmed and they are just gossiping about us..” Yuri replied

 

“Well, i guess we just stay low for now. No need to add more stress to Taeng. Anyway, we just help to remind Sica if there is any meeting coming up, you know prevent the worst from happening?” Hyoyeon suggest

 

“Okay, let’s go back. If not they would think we are missing.” Yuri hurriedly went out of the washroom


 

Dance studio

 

“I’m back! Opps, I’m so sorry…” a lady suddenly barge in and upon noticing she got the wrong room, she hurriedly apologies and start to retreat, looking lost.

 

“Oh! Are you new here? I haven’t seen you around before” Tiffany asked as she was the closest to the door.

 

“Ah.. yes, i just joined as a trainee in SM..erm” she stuttered, not believing in front of her is SNSD.

 

“Don’t be afraid, we won’t bite. What’s your name?” Tiffany continue plus flashing her eye smile hoping to calm down the other party.

 

“My name is Misoo. I apologies for interrupting, I thought this was the trainee studio.”

 

“Oh, it’s alright, we were having a break. The trainee studio is further down and turn left.”

 

“Thank you so much Tiffany-shi! SNSD has always been my role model, I hope to be able to be like you all.”

 

“Just call me unnie will do, thank you for your support!”

 

“Erm.. can I get your signatures? My sister is a huge fan too, she would be so motivate if I can get her this”

 

“Sure, what’s her name?” Tiffany asked

 

“Miyeon”

 

“Give me a moment.” Tiffany said and went to get paper. After writing “Miyeon hwaiting!” she went around to gather signatures from the rest, including Hyoyeon and Yuri who just came back from the washroom.

 

“Hmm.. where’s Sica? We are left with her signature only” Tiffany asked

 

“I think Sica unnie is still outside on the phone.” Yoona replied.

 

“Erm it’s okay Tiffany unnie, I think my sister would be happy even if there is only 8 signatures. I have interrupt for too long..”

 

“Here you go, no worries, you will see us again. Maybe then you can get Sica’s signature for your sister. Hwaiting!”

 

“kamsahamida!” Misoo bowed and left


 

A few weeks later (Boardroom meeting)

 

All nine of them turn up for the meeting with regards to the future schedules and plans. Prior to this date, Hyoyeon and Yuri had a nagging fear that they keep reminding Jessica about it and make sure her schedules are clear for this day.

 

“Good to see all of you here, let get this started!” Kim Young Min announced.

 

As usual, they go through the group schedules first, what caught their eyes was the scheduled concert at Tokyo Dome. It has been their dream since they ventured into Japan market with Genie.

 

“Daebak! We are going to Tokyo Dome!”

 

“Yes girls, I know it has been your dream to be on that stage. We are finally heading there soon! Let’s work harder towards it! After the concert, we will have having a break on group activities to focus on individual schedules, there are already some variety shows, dramas in discussion for some of you. Sunny will continue with her DJ role, as for Jessica, you will have a break to focus more on your fashion line.” Kim Young Min added.

 

The girls were teary-eyed, they know it has been tough for Jessica to shuttle between schedules and her business meeting. Although they have talk about it and understand the decision to go on hiatus for now, but they can’t help feeling sad. They won’t be seen on stage as a group for the break but they know their friendship won’t stop there.

 

Their manager and the production team took over to explain, they will be recording some songs for their Japan comeback which will lead to the concert at Tokyo Dome. Divine was that one song that touches all their heart, they know that their relationship with one another will not change no matter what comes their way because they are family.

 

Flashback (Dorm)

 

“Girls, I have something to discuss with you all” Jessica said over dinner.

 

“What’s it?” Tiffany asked

 

“I was thinking of requesting hiatus after this comeback to focus on the business for awhile.. “

 

“Unnie…” the maknaes start to voice out

 

“maknaes wait, let her continue..” Taeyeon requested

 

“I am not intending to leave the group or the company, you are my family. It’s just I would like to focus on the business after the comeback promotions. Similar to what we did before IGAB comeback. Instead of taking on short term variety roles or drama, I would be involved in my business.” Jessica explained.

 

Everyone mulled over what she said, they understand that this period had been tough, from dance practices to meeting schedules, flying all around the world. Though the business seem to have progress but it could be faster.

 

“I don’t think it’s a bad idea..we could all take this time to pursue individual interest.” Hyoyeon said.

 

“True, although we won’t be on stage together but we will still be there for one another right?” Taeyeon asked

 

“Of course!” everyone chroused.

 

“Jigeumeun So Nyuh Shi Dae! Appurodo So Nyuh Shi Dae! Yongwoni So Nyuh Shi Dae! So Nyuh Shi Dae saranghae!” They all chanted.

 

“nado saranghae!” Jessica replied, she was glad to have the support of her girls, her family and they would be there for one another, it’s their promise.