The Boys

The promise made on that summer day

With the help from Jinmin, Jessica is able to manage her time with SNSD and the new business but not for long.

 

Just when they were finishing their promotion on Mr.Mr, another dating news appears and this time it was Tiffany. Once again, SNSD was thrown into the limelight, a lot of shows were talking about their relationships from Yoona, Sooyoung to TIffany. But the heaviest blow of all was Taeyeon. Her dating news was not that well received and even draws bashing from both sides of fans. They were blatantly commenting on her SNS, even to the extend of asking her to quit SNSD.

 

“Yah! What are these people thinking?!”  Yuri exclaimed when she happen to saw some of the nasty comments.

 

“Unnie…” Seohyun said while nudging Yuri lightly.

 

“What Seohyunnie? These people are too much, why can’t they be more rational?” Yuri answered while looking at her phone. She is fuming mad from reading those comments, she can’t believe some of it are actually their lovely fans.

 

“Yuri-ah!” Sunny raised her voice, hopefully their clueless member can get her hint to stop.

 

“What?” Yuri was frustrated, why is she being shouted at when she is just feeling indignant for their leader. When her eyes finally leave her phone, she notice most of them around giving her deadly glares and in the corner of her eyes, she saw a lone retreating figure back to the bedroom and she knows she’s in ‘trouble’ again.

 

“Yuri-ah, you really don’t notice your surrounding?” Sunny said defeatedly after she heard that certain bedroom door closed.

 

“I didn’t know she was at the kitchen…” Yuri said dejectedly.

 

“Unnie, i tried telling you by nudging but you are too focus..”

 

“Yah, Seohyunnie next time tell me straight okay? You know I’m not good at getting hints..” Yuri admitted softly. It brought laughter to their dorm for a short period knowing their KabbYul admitting to her weakness.

 

“Fany-ah, how is she?” Hyoyeon asked when Tiffany came out from the kitchen with her glass of water.

 

“As usual, she’s not saying anything much. When i asked she just stay quiet.” Tiffany replied.

 

“Sigh.. she’s back to closing up herself” Sunny commented. She’s also trying to think of ways to cheer up her fellow danshin.

 

Beep Beep! The door clicked open and Jessica walks in.

 

“What’s wrong?” She asked when she noticed the atmosphere abit weird. Everyone was just sitting around, the television was on but no one really bother watching.

 

No one spoke but instead they all glance at the certain closed door. Jessica follows their gaze and realised what is wrong. “She’s still not speaking about it?” she ask softly and seven heads nodded in unison.

 

Putting her bags aside, Jessica sat down with the rest of the girls. “Any ideas what we could do now?” again, seven heads shake in unison. “hmmm….”

 

“You want to try talking to her?” Sunny asked. Everyone looks at Jessica, anticipating her answer.

 

“Well, i can try but if she is not speaking to Fany about it, there isn’t really high chance she would want to talk to me.” Jessica answered truthfully. They may be in a group but because of their conflicting schedules and different personalities, it would be a lie to say everyone is close to everyone and willing to share their inner thoughts with each other. Being the second eldest in the group, she had seen the stress Taeyeon carried on her tiny shoulders for the group. She plays the role of a silent supporter, standing behind her kid leader, ready to catch if she were to fall.

 

“We have all tried but she’s not responding. Maybe she waiting for you? OMG?! TaengSic!” Tiffany replied jokingly and brighten the atmosphere.

 

“Unnie, how’s your meeting?” Yoona asked.

 

“Oh, it has been settled. Don’t worry, I’m sorry the practice ended early because of me again. I will talk to Jinmin unnie again” Jessica apologies to the rest. Jinmin unnie has been a great help from the start but lately, she seems to be mixing up the schedules, they had quite a few practices cancelled or ended early because Jessica wasn’t present or had to leave earlier.

 

“The fan meetings and Japan concert is coming soon. I hope we will be well prepared for it.” Sunny said.

 

“I know Sunny-ah, come on it’s late already. Go to bed, I will go to Taeyeon now.” Jessica replied.


 

*Knock Knock*

 

“Come in” Taeyeon answered when she heard a knock on her door.

 

“Taengoo ah, you not sleeping yet?” Jessica ask when she pops her head in.

 

“Oh, not yet. I’m doing some coloring” Taeyeon answered. She was a bit surprised at her visitor.

 

“Can I take a look?” Jessica ask while walking towards her.

 

“Sure!” Taeyeon showed her coloring book to Jessica and asked.

 

“Woah, that’s really nice! I like the colors!”

 

“Thanks! Oh, how’s your meeting? Is everything alright?” Taeyeon asked as she was concern about the sudden urgency of the meeting.

 

“Oh right, I’m sorry Taengoo ah, the dance practice ended early and we didn’t even do much.”

 

“It’s okay, we can catch up tomorrow.” Taeyeon smiled.

 

“How are you feeling now?” Jessica asked.

 

“...”

 

“Taengoo ah, you know we are all worried about you right? You don’t have to bear everything by yourself, you have us. We can help you carry the weight..”

 

“...honestly, i don’t know what to feel.. it’s like i’m numb to it? But whenever I hear them generalising us, I felt bad for you girls. It’s like I’ve dragged you all down into the mud with me. I didn’t know they would still be so anti against us, i thought.. i thought they would give us blessings but it turns out all wrong. It’s all my fault..” Taeyeon finally spoke the thoughts in her head and crying out all her worries. Jessica embraced her, soothing her back and soon she found them in the middle of a group hug.

 

It turns out that Sunny and the rest have been waiting outside their room and they overheard Taeyeon finally opening up about her worries. It pained their heart that their kid leader had to bear so much and goes into her overthinking mode.

 

“Taeyeon unnie, don’t think like that.. actually if you trace back, I’m the one that drag all of you into the middle of this dating scandals..” Yoona said

 

“Yoona unnie…”

“Yoona-ah…”

 

“It’s true, this year started with my news so I should be the one held the most responsible..”

 

“Then I’m the second contributor you know…” Sooyoung commented

 

“And I’m the third for increasing this ratio, TaeTae” Tiffany continued

 

“And it’s not like the rest of us aren’t meeting people.” Hyoyeon said

 

“Don’t be so hard on yourself Taeng, learn how to lean on us too. It to see you like this and we can’t get you out of it.” Sunny said

 

“Yes, Taeng unnie. We are not doing anything wrong morally. Plus we are just doing what we had said before.” Seohyun said and the rest were giving her a puzzled look.

 

“We bring the boys out..” Maknae sang while the rest change from puzzled to horrified look. Did our upright maknae just crack a joke?

 

“YAH! maknae, stop hanging around Hyo!” Taeyeon jokes.

 

“Hey! It’s not me, i think it’s Yonghwa!” Hyoyeon defend herself.

 

“Unnie!!” Seohyun blushed while everyone was laughing but she’s glad that her goal is achieved.