Part 5

Enchanted

 

“Ok. You can do this. There’s nothing you can’t do. It’s just a date. It’s what you always wanted. Calm down, smile and take care of her. Fuh. Yep, I got this. I got this, I got this.” Wendy smiled to herself and raised her hand to knock the door. She was outside, at Irene's apartment currently.

“Why am I suddenly this nervous?” Wendy asked herself and she can feel herself started to sweat.

Unknown to Wendy, Irene knew she was outside. Irene could hear Wendy being freaked out outside but Irene decided to just let Wendy be and waited for her to knock or ring the bell.

“You can’t mess this one up, Wendy Son Seungwan. You can’t. This is Irene, you need to win her heart.” Wendy told herself all over again.

Irene smiled and she found it amusing that the Wendy who always flirted and being bold with her became that nervous for this second date.

Wendy finally calmed down and knocked the door softly. She got startled when the door got opened in one second and revealed a smiling Irene.

Wendy wanted to greet Irene but suddenly she does not know how to talk, she got mesmerized looking at Irene who was smiling oh so sweetly at her. For a second, Wendy forgot how to breathe.

“Hi.” Ok, that came out as a soft whisper from Wendy.

“Hi.” Irene greeted back and still smiling at Wendy.

“I love to see you smile. You look prettier.” Wendy complimented her.

“Thankyou.” Irene blushed and bit down her lips.

“Yeah, you’re welcome. Uhh, right. Um, are you ready to go?” Wendy asked and Irene nodded in return.

“Shall we?” Wendy offered her hand at Irene.

Irene smiled and took Wendy’s hand.

Wendy grinned and waited for Irene to lock the door before she led the way.

“Where are we going?” Irene asked once they’re inside the elevator.

“Places with good view and where we can maybe see sunset together. Joy told me you love that kind of places.” Wendy answered.

“Really? Oh I really do.” Irene replied.

“Awesome! I hope you’ll enjoy this second date.” Wendy said.

“Yeah.”

Wendy unlocked her car and opened the door for Irene, Irene thanked her before she got in. Wendy quickly got into the driver seat and the engine but she made sure that Irene put her seatbelt on already before she started to drive.

“So Wendy…” Irene started a conversation as Wendy’s driving.

“Hm?”

“How many past relationships have you had?”

“One.”

Irene looked at Wendy. “One only?” Irene asked again.

“Yeah, why? How about you?” Wendy asked back.

“Oh nothing. Just two, both ended because of the same thing. I got cheated on.” Irene answered.

Wendy glanced at Irene and reached out to hold Irene’s hand.

“You know what? It’s their loss.” Wendy said and made Irene smiled again.

“If I was your girlfriend, I wouldn’t even look at anyone else.” Wendy added.

“Are you sure?” Irene raised her eyebrows and looked at Wendy in doubt.

“I love you too much to even spare times to look at someone else. I can honestly just stare at you for the whole day.” Wendy replied.

“Tsk. Still a sweet talker, aren’t you?”

“Only for you, Ms. Bae.” Wendy winked at Irene then focused back on the road.

Irene chuckled and looked down at their holding hands. Surprisingly, Irene feels good to hold Wendy’s hand. She loves it, she can feel Wendy’s warmth. Irene caressed Wendy’s hand while smiling.

“Your hand’s soft.” Irene mumbled.

Wendy was having a hard time trying to control her heartbeats. Her heart was pounding on her chest and she felt that it’s about to burst out because Irene is making her heart to beat uncontrollably.

‘I’ve never been this crazy over someone. Irene Bae Joohyun, you’re driving me insane.’ Wendy thought.

After calming down her heart, Wendy gave Irene a gentle squeeze and said “I wish I can always hold your hand like this.”

“We’ll see.” Irene replied and chuckled when Wendy pouted.

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

“A beach?”

Wendy parked her car, went out to quickly open the door for Irene.

“What are we going to do here?” Irene asked.

“We’ll go eat first, then let’s take a walk.” Wendy answered her.

Wendy grabbed Irene’s hand and pulled her gently with her.

“Come on.” Wendy said.

There was a small but beautiful wooden cafe near the beach, Wendy took Irene there.

“Joy said you’ve always wanted to go to some places like this but didn’t have the chance to. So, I’m taking you here.” Wendy told Irene as she pushed open the door and let Irene entered first.

“Did you ask Joy about everything?” Irene asked.

Wendy pulled a chair for Irene once they reached a table near the corner. Irene thanked her again and sat down.

“Yes. I did.” Wendy replied after she sat down opposite to Irene.

“Hello, good day! What would you like to order ma’am?” A waiter came to take their order. Wendy and Irene made their orders within few minutes.

After the waiter left them, Wendy looked at Irene again.

“I asked Joy about everything. All about you.” Wendy told Irene.

“Like what?”

“What kind of person you are. What do you like and dislike. Hm, how long she has been friends with you.” Wendy said.

“I hope it’s all good things.” Irene squinted at Wendy.

“Oh. Don’t worry, everything about you is so amazing and I fall for you more.” Wendy grinned.

“It’s funny how you were so nervous earlier but I think you got your confidence back now.” Irene said.

“Excuse me? When did I become nervous? I’m all good.” Wendy denied.

“Ms. Wendy. I heard you chanting to calm down yourself earlier before you finally knocked my door.” Irene smirked.

Wendy cleared and blinked her eyes.

“I... That was… Well I…” Wendy paused to glance at Irene who was staring straight into her eyes.

“Don’t stare at me like that.” Wendy said.

“What?”

“You’re making my heart weak with your stare.” Wendy pouted.

“But Wendy, I love to stare at you to please my heart.” Irene smiled teasingly.

Wendy widened her eyes and gasped.

“You…”

“Mm?”

“You did not just flirt back with me.” Wendy said.

Irene chuckled and winked at Wendy. Oh, Wendy leaned her back and dropped her hands lifelessly on her laps.

“You just shot the arrow of love right into my heart accurately with that wink.” Wendy mumbled.

Irene can’t hold it anymore, she just burst out laughing at Wendy. Wendy’s reaction was priceless.

Wendy smiled watching Irene laughed. She feels happy that she was able to make Irene laughed.

“Thankyou, Wendy.” Irene said and smiled at her.

“Huh?”

“This. For making my heart to start feeling alive again. It’s been so long since I last laugh happily like this.” Irene said.

“So thankyou, I really want to be happy again. That’s why I agreed with Joy to give you a chance.” Irene added.

“The past might still hurt you and the scars on your heart might still visible but Irene, I’m willing to share your pain. I’m willing to heal you and I’ll wait for you even if it’ll take forever. Just as long as I can be here beside you.” Wendy said sincerely.

“Why? Why me?” Irene asked.

“I can’t control my feelings and my heart Irene. It choose you and I just fall for you. Also, I don’t think I can love anyone else after this. I’m falling too deep already for you, Irene. It’s too late to stop me.”

“What if I can’t love you back?”

“That’s ok. I just want you to let me continue to love you and take care of you. You deserve to be loved.”

“But you’re going to get hurt.”

“I’m willing to break my own heart for taking a risk to love you this much and I would never regret loving you.”

“That’s crazy, Wendy.”

“I know, but it’s already enough for me to be able to love you. Loving you is the best thing in my life, it makes me feel happy even if I don’t know if you feel the same thing or not.”

“Wendy… you’re too good for me.” Irene looked down and sighed.

The waiter finally came out to bring their food and he left after Wendy thanked him.

Then, Wendy stood up and went beside Irene. She knelt down and held Irene’s hands on Irene’s laps which made Irene to look at her.

“Hey…” Wendy called her softly and smiled lovingly.

“I’m not perfect. Well, no one was. But I will give you all the love and attention you need. I can’t promise you that you won’t get hurt if you’re with me because lovers are bound to get hurt and fight. But then again, I’m ready to stay Irene, to be with you through all the struggles and whatever it is.”

“…”

“I know your ex cheated on you, you cried too much and got hurt a lot. I know you’re scared to love and trust again. But if you fall for me, if you love me back, I will treat you better… I will treat you the way you need to be treated. You will be my world- no, you are already my world now.” Wendy took a deep breath before she looked up at Irene again.

“Love, Irene, I just want you to know that you are not alone from now on. You got me. I am here, will always be here in every step of your way to happiness. Please don’t push me away, let me in. I can assure you that I am nothing like your last or past.” Wendy said.

Irene looked into Wendy’s sincere eyes and think for a while.

“I…” Irene does not know what to reply.

“I’m not asking you to say anything back or to give me the answer right away. We still have one more date though. I wanted to say all of those just to let you know how I feel about you.” Wendy smiled and stood up.

“Don’t think too much. Let’s enjoy our date today, ok?” Wendy patted Irene’s head after Irene nodded.

‘I think she's close to make me want to open up my heart for her. What should I do?' Irene asked herself silently.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

...

...

...

 

Phew. My mind can't think anymore after writing this update. Lmao.

Hey guys, I'm sure everyone is having a good day/night because of RV xp yay to us.

Aight, hope you like the update tho ^^

 

 

Love,

Liz a.k.a Corngirl,

Iamrandom21 <3