Part 1

Enchanted

"So, how's life?"

Wendy was with her own circle of friends at the club. 

It has been so long since she last saw them and went out with them. Wendy just need to release her tension from being stressed out because of work.

Right now, Seulgi and Yeri were the ones who stayed with her at the table near the corner while their other friends were already dancing on the dance floor.

"Wendy?"

Wendy snapped out of her own deep thoughts when Seulgi shook her shoulder.

"Ah. Yes Seul?"

"I was asking, how's life?"

Wendy looked at both Seulgi and Yeri before she smiled sincerely at them.

"Life is good. It's been really good. It was just... You know, sometimes it's kinda stressing me out when my boss keep asking me to do this and that which he wanted me to do all of that in a very short amount of time. I mean, I'm a human too. I need a rest and a break." Wendy said, pouring out all her frustration.

"Well. You are the best employee, Wendy. You always do everything and done everything on time. Your boss just trusts you that much." Seulgi said while Yeri nodded in agreement.

"I know but-" Wendy sighed and rubbed her face.

"I'm not a robot. I can't do everything in a day. I don't even remember when was the last time I feel so alive or breathing comfortably?" Wendy added.

"Hey. We might not understand how you feel but... we are here for you if you need someone to listen for you to rant or anything." Seulgi said.

"That's right but for tonight, let's forget it all." Yeri said.

Wendy chuckled and nodded her head as she thanked them. 

Just then, a new song that was being played by the DJ managed to distract their attention.

"Ah. I love this song." Yeri clapped her hands and started to sway her body. 

Seulgi also joined Yeri and they started to laugh as they continued to sway.

Wendy shook her head at them before she averted her eyes to the dance floor and there, her eyes found someone who attracted her.

Wendy tilted her head to the left side to get a better view of the woman that caught her attention.

The woman is definitely a goddess. Wendy realized how all eyes were eyeing her and everyone who looked at her couldn't look away.

The woman was just dancing calmly with a glass of wine on her right hand. Her eyes were closed and she was just there... dancing alone. She does not even bother to accept all the offer she got from people who wanted to dance with her. 

"I see that you found Ms. Irene." Seulgi said, interrupting Wendy.

"I'm sorry, who?" Wendy asked but her eyes were still on that woman.

"That woman. Her name is Irene, Irene Bae. We called her Ms. Irene because that was what she asked everyone to call her whenever people asked for her name." Seulgi said.

Now, Wendy turned her head to Seulgi.

"Irene Bae?"

"Irene Bae Joohyun, that's her full name. She is a cousin of this club's owner. She is protected and cold. That's why no one dares to force themselves at her. When you ask her questions, she'll give a one word or a very short answer." Yeri explained.

"Correct. She never accepts anyone for a dance. She just loves to enjoy the music all by herself. Sometimes she would just be there at the bar, alone and drinking." Seulgi said.

"She is beautiful." Wendy mumbled.

"She is. We called her Queen of Goddess here. The one and only, Ms. Irene." Yeri replied.

Wendy looked again at Irene and got mesmerized by Irene's beauty.

"She must be even prettier if she smiles." Wendy said.

"Very. But too bad, we never see her smile. I heard that she got her heart broken because her ex cheated on her." Seulgi said.

"How did you know?" Wendy asked.

"You see. Umm, that hot bartender there." Seulgi said while pointed at a tall young woman who worked at the bar.

"Uh, yeah?" Wendy glanced at her before she looked back at Seulgi.

"So umm, I kinda have this love interest in her so I tried to strike a conversation with her every time I'm here. I also tried to casually ask few things about Ms. Irene as my excuses just to talk to her." Seulgi said.

"And that was how she found out few things about Ms. Irene." Yeri added.

"Yep." Seulgi nodded.

"Oh." Wendy thanked them for the information.

"How could someone hurt someone like her?" Wendy frowned.

Seulgi and Yeri just shrugged.

"Where are you going?" Both Seulgi and Yeri asked in chorus when Wendy suddenly stood up.

"To her."

"Wait Wendy!"

It was too late to stop Wendy as she ignored them and kept going.

Seulgi sighed while Yeri just face palmed.

"Let's just see first. She'll be back here in a minute." Seulgi said.

"Yeah."

 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

Wendy can honestly feel that her heart was pounding as she came closer, approaching Irene. 

Some people who were dancing there noticed that Wendy was trying to approach Irene and they gave signal to her not to continue but Wendy just gave them a smile.

As soon as Wendy finally stopped in front of Irene, Irene looked at her with her cold face.

Irene raised her eyebrows at her but Wendy was too busy staring that she did not say anything yet.

Irene couldn't stand it anymore as everyone was looking.

"What?" Irene asked in a soft voice but cold tone. 

"We just met and..."

"and?"

"You took my breath away."

"..."

Irene sighed. She turned around and moved a little bit away from Wendy to dance again. Wendy can only look again, admiring the beauty in front of her.

After few seconds, Wendy finally snapped back into a reality.

Wendy came forward and grabbed Irene's wrist which cause Irene to turn around and frowned at her.

"I'm sorry. I am a very polite person, I really am. But I think, I can't help but to be rude just for tonight." Wendy said which made Irene to be confused.

"Dance with me." Wendy said.

"I don't-"

"It wasn't a question. I want you to dance with me." Wendy cut her off and took the glass from Irene's hand before she pushed it to the stranger nearer to her. 

Luckily the stranger took the glass even though he does not even know what was happening. 

"That's rude." Irene said coldly.

"I already told you before. I have to." Wendy replied.

"Leave." Irene growled.

Wendy just smiled. She was not even scared. She stepped forward and stared into Irene's burning eyes.

"Get away from me." Irene said.

Wendy continued smiling and leaned in. 

"I don't know who you are. But I know your name. I know people called you Ms. Irene but I am not gonna call you that. Also, Ms. Bae... You need to calm down." Wendy whispered into her ear.

Seeing Irene didn't say or do anything, Wendy slowly put her hands on Irene's waist and pulled her gently.

Irene got startled and in reflex, she wrapped her arms around Wendy's neck.

Wendy smiled at that.

Irene blinked her eyes and bit her bottom lips. She cursed at herself in her mind. 

"Ms. Bae, have anyone told you how beautiful you are?"

"That was one boring question. I heard that a lot."

"Then, did they tell you that you deserve all the love in this world?"

"Pfft. There is no such thing. I don't believe in love."

"That's right. You are right. It was because the world does not know how to love you right, but I do. They don't know how to appreciate you, but I do."

"Sweet talker."

"I am, but I meant every word I've said."

"Liar."

"Look into my eyes and say that again. Ms Bae, am I a liar?" Wendy asked.

Irene looked into her eyes, Wendy's soft loving eyes that showed a reflection of Irene.

"Like I said before, we just met but you took my breath away. I fall for you the moment I set my eyes on you. This isn't a simple crush. I am in love with you, Ms. Bae." Wendy confessed.

"For a stranger like you, you're bold." Irene replied before she pushed Wendy softly. 

Wendy followed her from behind and joined her at the bar.

"I don't ask much but just a chance to prove myself." Wendy said.

"Met many people confessed falling for me at the first sight. They'll be gone after a week. You will too." Irene replied.

"I am not that 'many people'. I will show you that I'm different."

"What will you do after you get me? Brag to everyone, feeling proud? After you are satisfied and feel that it's enough, you'll go find someone else who probably even more prettier and leave me like nothing?" Irene asked.

"No. I will love you right, treat you right and give you my all. Why would I find someone else when you are everything I'm looking for? Why would I leave you when you are who I want to be with?" Wendy replied and asked back. 

"..." Irene was speechless. She did not know what to say. She wanted to argue back saying Wendy was not sincere but somehow, Wendy's eyes showed nothing but sincerity.

The hot bartender, Joy, who have been listening the whole time, was smiling to herself.

'Oh. Irene Irene, you finally met the right one and I trust this woman.' Joy thought. 

When Irene's phone ringing, she excused herself and left just like that.

Wendy wanted to go after her but Joy stopped her.

"I would leave her for now if I were you." Joy said.

"Huh?"

"Give her some space and time. She's not going anywhere. You will see her again."

"Who are you?"

"Oh. I'm actually the real goddess here but people were just too blind to see that because Irene makes everyone blind." Joy chuckled and flipped her hair.

Wendy just looked at her with a poker face.

"Ugh, fine. I'm Joy, Irene's friend."

"Really? Hi. I'm Wendy."

"Now you're interested."

Wendy laughed at Joy while Joy just grinned.

"Ok. You got me there. So, are you planning to help me or not?" Wendy asked.

"Mm. Pretty bold huh. Let's see." Joy tapped her chin.

"What?"

"Give me your number. I'll let you know if I finally can think of something." Joy said.

"Sure."

"Wow. You did not even think twice."

"I'm not lying when I say I really am in love with your friend." Wendy said.

Joy nodded and gave her phone to Wendy for Wendy to put in her number.

"I will talk to her first and ask her how she found about her encounter with you tonight. I'll let you know if anything." Joy told Wendy.

"Thankyou, Joy."

"No problem." Joy smiled.

"Are you hitting on her?" Seulgi suddenly came and asked Wendy that.

"Huh?" Wendy frowned.

"She is." Joy answered on behalf of Wendy, just to tease Seulgi.

"What?!" Both Wendy and Seulgi widened their eyes.

Joy rested her chin on her palm as her eyes were sparkling, watching Seulgi with interest.

"It should be fine. Wendy here is single, I assumed... Yes? Here I am, single as well." Joy said.

Wendy looked at Joy like Joy was not in her right mind.

"Yah I thought you're going after Irene!" Seulgi said to Wendy.

"I thought you are the one who's interested in Irene. No?" Joy asked Seulgi.

"What? No! Why would I?" Seulgi frowned.

"Because she is all you asked about when we talked." Joy replied.

"W-Well... That was... Just..."

"Just what? Hm?"

Seulgi was gulping right now, Joy was being oh so intimidating. Wendy looked at them weirdly before she decided to escape from there and went to Yeri instead. 

"Seulgi, sometimes I feel that you want me like how I want you too but you are making me confused with all questions about Irene."

"I-"

"Shh." Joy cut her off and Seulgi quickly keep quiet.

"So tonight, go home and make up your mind. Tomorrow, come and find me here. Let me know if you want me too because honestly, you got something that pulled me into you. I'll see you tomorrow. Yes?"

"Y-Yes."

"Great! Ah. Have a good night." Joy winked at Seulgi before she went to serve her customers.

'Oh god I swear she's the hottest!' Seulgi squealed in her mind.