Meeting Jisung

Falling For You

(One year later)

I walked up the stairs and down the hallway, looking at all the room numbers. When I finally found room 914 the door was already open with a stack of boxes in the doorway. I gently stepped inside, careful not to bump anything, and pulled my suitcase behind me. Someone inside was humming loudly. The tune was beautiful and I didn't want to interrupt so I made my way around the dorm as quietly as possible. There was a couch along one wall in what I assumed was the living room. The kitchen was already stocked with a fridge, mini stove, an island, and several cupboards, which had food spread across them. I pushed my suitcase gently against the wall next to the couch and sat down with a sigh of relief. Nowhere I looked reminded me of Ryujin or Felix, something that hadn't happened in a long time.

The humming was getting louder so I stood and got ready to introduce myself. A boy around my age emerged from the hallway, he stopped humming when he saw me, a smile stretching across his face.

"You must be Changbin. It's nice to meet you. I'm Han Jisung. I hope we can get along and hang out a lot together." His smile widened. "Sorry I made such a mess. I've been trying to get all of my stuff out of the way so you can do yours without having to worry about getting our stuff mixed up, but as I'm sure you can tell I haven't gotten very far." 

"How long have you been here?" I asked, hoping I didn't come off as rude.

"Since yesterday... You have more than just that right?" He pointed at my suitcase.

"Yeah. My sister is going to bring the rest tomorrow."

"Good. I was just going to go get some lunch. Do you wanna come with me. There's this place with really good food. It's the best I've ever tasted." Jisung turned to face me, walking backwards a smile pulling at his lips. "You won't regret eating there I swear."

Out of the corner of my eye I saw people coming and tried to warn Jisung, but it was too late. He ran into one and stumbled forward a bit. I grabbed onto his arm to steady him and was getting ready to ask if he was okay when one of the other people spoke. 

"Changbin?" Ryujin's voice was unchanged and unmistakeable.

I whipped my head up. Felix stood next to her as he had the day she broke up with me, his eyes glued to the floor as he fidgeted awkwardly with the sleeve of his worn out leather jacket. As I watched him Ryujin spoke again. 

"I didn't expect to see you here... How have--"

"I have nothing to say to you." I said through gritted teeth. Just when I thought I was free of her torment, here she was to make it ten times worse. Felix's gaze moved slowly up to meet mine.

"Let's go." I grabbed Jisung's wrist and pulled him after me, retreating as quickly as possible before I broke down and cried in anger, frustration and heart break. Jisung took the lead, dragging me behind him. When we got to a large two story, mostly glass building. Jisung held the door open and as soon as I stepped inside I was enveloped in the familiar smell of coffee and various baked goods. There was also the smell of hamburgers and french fries, creating a strange yet harmonious smell fill the room.

"Changbin what do you want?" Jisung asked bringing me back to reality.

"I'll take whatever you get." 

We took a seat in the corner and I stared out the window while we waited.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" He asked awkwardly.

"Ryujin was my girlfriend in high school, well at least until she dumped me for her best friend. It seems like their still together too."

"The guy?"

"Yeah." I sighed as a boy around our age set our food onto the table.

"That . Do you wanna get revenge on them?"

"Yeah." I said, letting my anger take control.

"I'll help. You'll have to get close to Felix, do you think you can do that?"

"Maybe... We were never super close to begin with."

"Okay. If you can, get him to like you, steal him from her. She'll feel betrayed."

"But what then?" I asked.

"Break up with him. If you feel like you can't I'll 'steal' you from him." He made quotation marks in air with his fingers and leaned across the table in excitement.

"Okay." I nodded.

"Great. So the first thing we need to do is scope out his routine. Where he'll be, at what time, and with who." Jisung though for a moment then continues. "Do you know anything about him?"

"Well last time I knew his Korean wasn't the best, but that was a year or two ago... I wants to be a rapper, and that's about it."

"Woah, me too." Jisung smiled.

"Same. Ryujin said she thought it was cute that the guys in her life wanted to do the same thing." 

"Enough about Ryujin, we need stuff about Felix... You don't know anything else?"

"No. Like I said  never really got close to him. He seems like an okay guy though."

"Then it should be pretty easy to get along with him then huh?"

I shrugged. "I guess, but since we're done here we should go unpack."

"Alright. We can talk more with dinner." Jisung agreed as he stood up.

We threw away our trash and started making our way slowlt back to our dorm, planning temporarily abandoned.


A/N: This chapter is shorter than I originally anticipated, but I think this is a good place to end and I edited a ton of stuff. Also I apologize that it took me so long to update. I sprained my ankle and went to the hospital, then I had the SAT to worry about along with the Workeys and M-Step testing so it was pushed back until now. Hopefully it will be a much shorter wait for the next chapter. Thank you all for reading and I hope you had a better week than I did  ^_^