Chapter 2: This Cruel, yet Beautiful World

Another Chance

Mamamoo recently had a fansign event in one of the Busan's famous shopping mall early in the morning. The event started with the girls feeling exhausted as it is still early in the morning, yet their expressions are filled with excitement and joy seeing their beloved fans showing their endless love and support. After an hour of interacting with the fans, the event ended and the girls are told to gather at the carpark basement before proceeding to the next venue. 

 

Yongsun sighs and let out her frustration as she walks along the hallway hastily. Byulyi swiftly caught up with Yongsun and casually held her wrists to walk with her. Yongsun didn't flinch as she is getting used to Byulyi's touches. They continued their steps towards the carpark while waiting for the car's arrival. 

 

"Byul ah, let's have a talk.." Yongsun finally spoke up and gave Byulyi a serious look. Wheein and Hyejin turned to look at their unnies, after hearing the serious tone coming from Yongsun. "Aish, seriously this couple is fighting again. I'm getting sick of them.." Wheein mumbled as the couple left the scene for a minute. Hyejin shrugs and sighs at their childish unnies who are fighting over small stuffs again.

 

"What is it, Yong?" Byulyi gave Yongsun an innocent look with a charming smile, while thinking what did she did wrong again. 

 

Yongsun sighed at the clueless and smiley hamster infront of her. "Are you gonna continue being like this? I mean, as a leader, I wish you could stop staring at me all the time and not focusing on your job." 

 

"Haha! Since when I'm staring at you all the time? Well even if I did, you can't stop me from looking at beautiful people." Byulyi let out a soft chuckle while scrunching up her nose cutely. Trying to sound greasy as usual to her Yong but unfortunately the latter did not respond in the way she wanted.

 

"Y-you.. Can you be serious for once?! Your greasiness are getting worse!" Yongsun finally expressed her frustrations at the innocent hamster who continues to stare at her with a loving and longing look. She feels that Byulyi has became weird and more clingy than ever, since that time when Byulyi came over her house last week.

 


"Oh, Byul ah, you're here?" Yongsun turned her back briefly to greet Byulyi while still holding onto the spatula.

 

"Hyerim unnie has just informed us that there will be a meeting with the CEO in the noon. We have to prepare now so let's have our breakfast quickly. I already made your portion so you can start eating first." Yongsun was busily flipping her pancakes without turning her back to look at Byulyi who stood behind her in silence. 

 

After a while, Yongsun turned her back to see if Byulyi is listening to her and realised the latter was just staring at her blankly without answering. "Hey, are you listening to me? Byul ah?" Yongsun turned off the gas and approached the shaking figure. She reaches out to Byulyi's shoulder and nudged her slightly. "Hey.. are you okay? Why are you staring at me like that? Is there something on my face?" Yongsun raised her eyebrows as she looked at the younger with concerned eyes. Byulyi felt the warmth of the hands of her angel whom she has been yearning for, tears started to form as she realised that it is not a hallucination.

 

"Y-Yongsun ah..You are still alive..?" Byulyi stuttered, while looking deeply into Yongsun's eyes and reaches out to Yongsun's face with her shaking hands.

 

"Yah..! What do you mean by I'm still alive? Seriously, I'm not that old enough to die yet okay." Yongsun chuckled cutely with her brightest toothy smile. However, she realised that the tears started to form underneath Byulyi's eyes and started to panic. "H-hey! Are you okay? Why are you crying? Did you have a nightmare just now? You're sweating as well." Yongsun carefully swipes the younger's tears and sweat away with her delicate hands. Byulyi caught her hands and then gave Yongsun a tight hug over her shoulders.

 

"Yeah.. it was all a nightmare. You're really here.. You're not disappearing." She repeated her words softly, embracing her Sun tightly while the latter struggled to release herself from the suffocating hug. 'This time I'll protect you and never let you go..' Byulyi thought to herself while still embracing her angel tightly, making a self promise that she will never let her get hurt and leave again.

 


"Okay so you guys patched up already? So who won the fight?" Hyejin  unnies to liven up the awkward atmosphere ever since the moody couple boarded the car. Yongsun responded with an awkward smile and tried to looked away while staring at the scenery traveling along the busy streets of Seoul. "What fight? We didn't fight at all." Byulyi replied with her slight smile and Hyejin gave her the "as if" look. Wheein notices the intense and awkwardness of the situation and started to speak up. "Ok whatever, lets drop the beat yo!" And the 3 hours car ride was filled with PupWhee and Hwayonce squealing and singing aloud with their favourite pop playlist, embarrassing her manager as many drivers peeked over their window to check whats going on in that car. Yongsun remained silent and slept throughout the car ride, surprisingly unaffected by the loud music and noises since she is a deep sleeper. Nevertheless, Byulyi joined the fun while constantly taking a peek at her unnie who is sleeping calmly beside her. 

 

The girls reached the event venue and alighted the car to greet their fans who are already waiting for them near the carpark. They remained professional and cheerful to their fans despite what happened earlier in the morning. Before heading to the stage to perform, Byulyi decided to have a talk with Yongsun again in their waiting room, where the latter is busy on her phone while lying on the sofa. Byulyi approached Yongsun carefully and held her hands firmly to get her attention away from her phone. "Hey my pretty Yongdonnie~ are you still mad at me? I'm sorry, okay?" Byulyi stared at her unnie lovingly while trying to flirt with her greasiness.

 

Yongsun pouted in response, after hearing the apology from Byulyi which softened her heart. "Its okay. I'm sorry for lashing out at you as well.." Byulyi nodded and they smiled at each other. She promised Yongsun that she will try to restrain her cheesy actions on stage. The maknaes heaved a sigh of relief that the couple made up before the stage becomes awkward again.

 

The performance went well, started with Mamamoo's new song: Paint Me, and fans who are crowding the entire venue, roared with excitement. Shortly, the fansign event starts where fans will enter the stage with their CDs to get their signatures from the members. Some fans asked hilarious questions and requests, leaving deep impressions on the members. For instance, a fan asking Byulyi: "To you, Yongsun unnie is?" and Byulyi replied in seconds, "Yongsun unnie is my soulmate" while looking at her unnie greasily beside her, hoping that she heard that. The latter gave a shy smile at the fan who just got her answer from Byulyi. Also, a male fan held onto Yongsun's hands and jokingly asking her to get married with him. Without a second thought, Byulyi stood up and attempted to release his grip away from Yongsun's hands, glaring at the fan and replied "No. She's mine." The fan shyly nodded with a smile and left the stage. It was an embarrassing moment for Yongsun but she was thankful to Byulyi who saved her from that situation. 

 


A/N: Before continuing the story, do listen and check out the lyrics for Moonbyul's Don't Forget cover^^. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dGSiAvz7MA


The long and tiring day finally ended, the members returned to their respective houses to shower and rest. Byulyi finished her shower and walked to her bed with her eyes glued to her phone to check the date again.  A week has passed after she met her Yongsun again. She still couldn't believe that she had actually time travelled back to 3months ago. She definitely remembers herself clearing these schedules before and recognized the same faces of the fans who came to their event. The image of Yongsun's dead body continues to haunt her. Suddenly, she felt a shiver down her spine as if she just had a déjà vu.  

 

Byulyi took out her laptop and decided to research about time travelling and parallel worlds. She has been keeping this secret to herself since then and not able to tell anyone about the possible bleak future. She knew that nobody could even believe her words. After a while, she felt restless and decided to message her Sun as she felt the need to see her again.

 

"Hey beautiful, what are you doing? ^-^"

 

"Hey.. you greaseball..ㅋㅋ I'm starting to binge watch Walking Dead."
"What about you?"

 

"I'm lying on my bed, busy thinking about someone."

 

"Heol..! Aigoo, who stole my Byulie's heart?ㅎ_ㅎ "

 

"Hmm, who knows? Probably the one who is texting me now? (wink)"

 

Yongsun giggled at her phone while not focusing on her TV show infront of her. She lowkey knew the answer to that question and wants to act oblivious but she didn't know how to reply. Byulyi saw her 'typing..' status for the past few minutes but nothing came out yet. She then decides to break the silence again.

"Hehe~ anyway, can I come over? I'm hungry and bored." 

 

"Sure." Yongsun replied in seconds and immediately, she heard someone is entering her house pin. 

 

"Wow, you're fast.." Yongsun greeted the younger while still holding on to her phone and lying on her bed. Byulyi entered the room in excitement, showing off her favourite pyjamas she's wearing so that she can match with her girl. Then, they decided to call pizza delivery for their dinner.

 

It is 7:30pm now and they are having their dinner on bed while watching Walking Dead in TV. Byulyi spilled some food on the bed because she got startled whenever Yongsun screamed and grabbed onto her arms during the scary parts of the show. End up Byulyi spent more time cleaning the bed and not being able to watch the show in peace, but she has already watched all the seasons since Yongsun recommended her to watch. The night was filled with laughter and screams where the younger teasing her unnie being a scaredy cat but still insisted to watch. The rapper gave up focusing on the show as she found out that her girl in her arms is way more interesting than the TV show. Though Yongsun's eyes were glued to the TV screen and she didn't realise that Byulyi's arms have been wrapping around her body since the start of the show.

 

Time has passed quickly and Byulyi realised it is already 2:30am. She felt the sudden silence in the room and realised that Yongsun has already fallen asleep in her arms. She carefully caressed the angel's flawless face and tucked a loose strand of pink hair behind her ears. Then, Yongsun moved deeper into Byulyi's embrace and rested her head on the younger's chest. Byulyi suddenly felt the breath of her angel near her neck, feeling butterflies in her stomach but tries to maintain her composure so that she won't wake up the sleeping beauty.

 

Byulyi hugged her back tightly while looking at the ceiling, hoping that time has stopped here and wishing there's no work tomorrow as she wants to spend her time here with her Sun forever. "I love you, my one and only Sun. Sleep tight."  she whispered to Yongsun and kissed her forehead softly. "If you and I become strangers one day.. If we can’t meet each other again, Don’t forget me. Don’t lose our memories." Byulyi continues to recall the lyrics of her song cover that she wrote for Yongsun. She definitely felt herself in heaven now and even the cold world seems to be embracing her warmly.

 


A/N: Hello there! Thanks for reading! ^-^ Really appreciate all the kind upvotes and supportive comments..ㅠㅠ
Ahh.. I have to admit that I copied some parts of the song lyrics to the later part of the chapter. I'm clearly addicted to Moonbyul's "Don't Forget" song cover recently, ever since I felt that this song is so relatable to Moonsun! I believe you guys feel the same way as i do right!? ㅠㅠ #delulu