Chapter 4: D-Day

Another Chance

A/N: Good day everyone :) ! Due to my goldfish memory, I forgot some of my story ideas so I decided to cut short some parts.. so yeah hehe. ^-^'' (runs away and hides in a corner)


D-2

 

The ski resort date went well for Byulyi and Yongsun, even though they didn't manage to leave the house early at the time intended. Nevertheless, they still followed the itinerary planned by Byulyi who really stayed up late to plan everything including the activities to play there and travel arrangements. And Yongsun actually woke up earlier as she was secretly preparing food and warmers for Byulyi. The couple wore full thick padded clothing with their couple mittens, hiding their faces with their caps and masks as usual. Also, they have been diligently taking videos and pictures to upload to their fancafe as usual. Its been a long time since they had a short getaway and probably their last date they could have before they have their busy schedules upcoming soon.
 

After the long tiring day returning from the ski resort, Byulyi persisted in going to Yongsun's house to sleep over despite the latter's refusal.

"Don't you have your own house? Seriously, why do you always want to have a sleepover at my house?" Yongsun rolled her eyes and pouted while folding her arms.

"Hmm, because I'm scared that I couldn't sleep cause I'll miss you too much?"  Byulyi wraps her arms over Yongsun's shoulders while showing her cute hamster smile.

"Hahaha! Aish.. You're so annoying!!" It never took more than a second for Yongsun to react with her usual punch and giving a bright and shy smile that melts Byulyi's heart. Nevertheless, the taller girl continues to fluster her with her greasy pickup lines as they were walking back to their apartment with arms wrapped around each other in warmth.


D-1

 

"Here again.." Byulyi found herself lying on the cold ground of the familiar rooftop. It was snowing as usual and the moody dark skies completely covered the stars and the Moon. Byulyi wandered around the rooftop and investigates the surroundings, still clearly remembers what happened in her previous dream. Nevertheless, she did not find anything suspicious and weird. The coldness from the snow felt real for her, and she can now freely control her body unlike the previous time. Suddenly, she felt someone was staring at her and coming closer to her from behind. "Could it be..that person in black again?"


Byulyi decided not to turn back as she doesn't want to black out again, before questioning the identity of the mysterious person. 
"You're here right? Answer me. I know you're behind me." Byulyi stuttered while trying to the coldness of the weather.

"..." 

"Who are you exactly? Why did you appear in my dreams and also at the rooftop last time? Are you the one who 'saved me' ? Please answer me!!" She lost her patience as she hopes to get the answers before she wake up from this dream. 

"...You don't have to know. But for now, please protect her.."

Byulyi stood in silence. She felt that the conversation was so weird, as if she was talking to herself in an enclosed room and getting echoes in her head. Suddenly, she felt that the person's voice was getting softer as she was leaving. "Wait, don't go! What do you mean by 'protect her'? Who are you really?!" Byulyi shouted without turning her back to check if the person is still there. After few seconds of silence, Byulyi decided to close her eyes while she turns back and looked down to the ground, so that she won't black out after looking into the mysterious person's eyes.

However, when she turned back, the scenery of the dream changed, to the place where the car accident happened in Hongdae. She was taken aback from the sudden crowd gathering around her but not focusing at her. They seemed to be looking down, some shouting for help and screamed in fright. Byulyi felt a shiver as she shifted her gaze to the ground to see a familiar lifeless and bloodied body lying infront of her. 

"No..This again..!! YONGSUN AH.. NO!!! PLEASE DON'T DIE.. YONGSUN AH!!" Byulyi screamed in tears while holding on to Yongsun's lifeless body.

 

 

"-yul ah.. BYUL AH!!" Byulyi felt a slap on her cheeks and woke up startled to see Yongsun on top of her. 


"Hey, are you alright?! You had nightmares again?" Yongsun hugged her closer to calm the younger down, while the latter is struggling to catch her breath and wiping off her cold sweat. 

Looking worried, Yongsun hugged her closer and softly said, "Its okay, it was all a dream alright? Its okay now." Byulyi felt the warmth coming from her angel, listening to her comforting words and slowly calming down. She hugged back while resting her head on Yongsun's shoulder. "Yes..it was all a dream. You're here with me now. You're safe.." Byulyi replied softly but loud enough for the older to hear.
 

"I'll get some water for you, hold on." Yongsun loosened the hug and attempted to leave the bed.


In a split second, Byulyi caught her hands and pulled her back into her embrace. "No, please stay here with me. Please don't go.." Byulyi tightened the hug and felt her tears are about to fall again. Yongsun notices it, hence she surrendered to the embrace and softly caressed Byulyi's hair from behind. But she hopes that Byulyi didn't notice her abnormal heartbeat she's experiencing now.


D-Day

 

Today is the day that marked Yongsun's 'death anniversary', supposedly, which is the day where Byulyi could never forget and wished it will never come. Byulyi has gave up thinking about ideas to stop Yongsun to go for her dinner date with Eric. She decided that she will probably follow her secretly and protect her by all means.
 

| 6:10pm| 

"6:10pm. 50minutes until Yongsun meets him.." Byulyi talked to herself while staring at her watch and standing outside Yongsun's apartment. 
 

"Hey Yong~ You in? I'm coming in now!" Byulyi knocked the door and shouted from outside, not caring about her neighbours complaining.


"No, wait!! I'm still changing!" Yongsun shouted across her room, loud and clear enough for Byulyi to hear. However that didn't stop the playful Byulyi from entering the house. Feeling hurried, Yongsun wore her dress quickly as she don't want Byulyi to see her struggling to zip up her dress.


As Byulyi walks into her room, her eyes widened in shock as she noticed Yongsun is wearing the exact same outfit that she wore on that fateful tragic day. Her smile faded and stood beside the door in silence while looking at Yongsun from far. "Hikk! You scared me..!" The older got startled after realising that Byulyi is already in her room.


Coming back to her senses, Byulyi raised a serious question, "Why are you dressing up like this? I thought it is just gonna be a dinner with your friend?" She frowned and slowly approached Yongsun.
 

"Why? Do I look pretty in this dress?" Yongsun giggled, showing her cute toothy grin.


"No, you look so tacky and ugly. Change now." Byulyi replied in a serious tone and stared at Yongsun, disappointing the latter.


"Wow wow.. Seems that someone doesn't remember buying this dress for me? I thought someone said it suited me so well that I look extra 200% prettier wearing it?" Yongsun replied sarcastically but the rapper remained silent and serious.

 

"No.. Please..I'm being serious. Please change for me.. Yongsun ah." Byulyi approached Yongsun with her hands grabbing the latter's shoulders. Her expression remained serious and.. slightly teary. Yongsun took her words seriously and sighed while she opened her closet again to find a change of clothes. After minutes of flipping through the closet, she turned around and realised that the younger is still sitting on her bed, silently staring into space. Not knowing the reason why Byulyi suddenly became so cold and serious.


Wanting to liven up the mood, Yongsun decided to do a private fashion show to cheer up the moody Byul. She has been changing into her random outfits infront of her closet, while dancing and singing to idol group songs and her favourite 'y back' song. "How does this look?" She repeated her words whenever she changes to her next outfit regardless how Byulyi replies. The silent rapper slowly gained back her smile and energy while laughing at the leader's craziness and cuteness.

 

After 30minutes of changing, Yongsun realised that she is going to be late for her date and end up, she quickly chose a simple turtleneck beige dress and suitable accessories to match with her outfit. She turned and looked at Byulyi to get approvals from her, yet the latter felt that she is still underdressed in this cold weather. Immediately, Byulyi stood up and took a long padded jacket out from Yongsun's closet. 


"The weather is getting cold. Wear warmly. You'll catch a cold." Byulyi covered the jacket over Yongsun, fixes her pink hair gently, making sure she looks presentable.
 

"I can do it myself.." Yongsun muttered, as she looked down, not wanting the taller to notice her blush. 

Byul smiled gently, noticing the flustered girl infront of her, "I'll do it for you. For you, and only you."

"...Byul ah.. please stop treating me like this.." The response gave Byulyi a frown.


"Why? You're not happy?"


"I'm afraid.." she muttered softly without meeting the taller's eyes.


"Afraid of what?"


"I'm afraid that i'll fall for you.." Yongsun thought to herself, she could never bring herself to say that. "of.. well never mind. Its time to go, I'm late, sorry."  The flustered girl walked away without looking back.


Immediately, she felt that Byulyi caught her hands and pulled her back roughly.
 

"Afraid of this?"
 

Byulyi swiftly cupped her mochi cheeks and leaned into her face slowly and their lips met. Slowly, Yongsun came to realise the sudden kiss and her eyes widened in shock, not able to register what is happening now. She felt that time has stopped for a minute and her body stiffens at the kiss. Byulyi moved one of her hands to support Yongsun's back while the other remains at her cheeks. She slowly shuts her eyes to enjoy the soft kiss with her angel. Shortly, Byulyi pulled away from the kiss slowly and looked at her Sun dearly. She felt her heartbeat racing but she tries to maintain her composure.

"...." Yongsun remained silent while she felt that her exploding heart is gonna jump out anytime.


"Are you afraid of falling in love with me?" Byulyi smiled while caressing the older's mochi cheeks.


"W-what..?" 


"I like you.. Yongsun ah" Byulyi bravely confessed while keeping her serious and loving eyes fixated at her Yongsun.


"S-Sorry.. I-I gotta go.." Yongsun quickly dashed out of the house without turning her back, leaving Byulyi in the room. She ran out of the corridor and entered the lift. Feeling the abnormal heartbeat, she felt her cheeks are flushing redder than compared to when she was drunk. She has never felt this way before in her life.

 


| 7:50pm. At Hongdae | 
 

"Yongsun ah.. Are you alright? You seemed to be distracted. Is the food not nice?" Eric asked while showing his concerned stares and fixing his mask to have another bite of the food.


"Oh, no.. Sorry, Eric oppa. I'm fine. Just a little tired i guess." Yongsun replied softly, as she continues to dine in her food while her mind still distracted about what had happened earlier. It is the first time having such a quiet and awkward dinner, yet Eric still tries to liven up the atmosphere by sharing his jokes to Yongsun and the latter responded with a half-hearted laughter. Yongsun felt that she's going to go crazy anytime as the moment of Byulyi kissing her keeps on repeating in her mind. After the quick dinner, Eric called for the bill quickly as he notices her moody behaviour and decided to take her out to change the mood.
 

For the past 1 hour, Byulyi has been waiting outside the restaurant, her body shivering in cold while hiding behind a tree to avoid being seen by Yongsun. She looks at her watch showing "8:10pm." and notices the couple has indeed left the restaurant. Shortly, she followed them from behind carefully while keeping a distance away from them. Many people have been staring her because of her suspicious actions and her appearance fully covered with cap and mask. Yet, Byulyi continues her stalking while keeping a distance as she is physically prepared to throw in her body in anytime if anything happens to Yongsun.
 

8:13pm. 3 minutes left to the predestined time of the 'accident'. She remembers clearly the time of the accident last time which deeply engraved on her heart. Byulyi took notice of the surroundings, making sure that there are no potential harm or cars nearby Yongsun. So far the couple has been chatting and walking peacefully. She frowned upon seeing Eric pulling Yongsun closely to keep each other warm. 


8:15pm. 20 seconds left. Byulyi notices the couple is about to cross that familiar road and she decided to close up the gap. Looking around, she is sure that there won't be any upcoming traffic or potential danger approaching Yongsun in any moment.

3 seconds left. The couple seemed to be deeply engrossed in their conversation, not noticing that they reached the small road. Suddenly, a black car driving in high speed can be seen from far, approaching the distracted couple. "YONGSUN AH!!" Byulyi shouted across the streets, gaining attention from the busy crowd. Before Yongsun could respond by turning back, Eric pulls her away from the road while the black car drove across them in high speed. 

 

"Oh my god!! Are you okay, Yongsun ah?" Eric held onto the fallen Yongsun and hugs her tightly. "Y-Yeah.. I'm fine thanks to you, oppa." Yongsun replied shakily and tried to stand up with her slightly injuired knee and ankle while holding on to Eric's arms. Yongsun felt a sudden shiver down her spine as if this happened to her before. "A déjà vu..?"

 

After seeing Yongsun being safe, Byulyi quickly hides herself away again and heaved a sigh of relief. "She is definitely safer when Eric is around with her.." She thoughts to herself, feeling disappointed yet relieved, and walked in an opposite direction to take a separate route back home.

 

As Byulyi is slowly strolling her way back home, she notices a familiar black car that is parked in a dark alley of the streets. "That car.. isn't this the black car earlier?!"  Slowly, she approaches the car with careful steps. Suddenly, she stopped her tracks as she saw a suspicious tall man standing outside the car while having a raging conversation with the driver in the car. Byulyi kept a distance away from them and hides herself while eavesdropping their conversation.

 

"What is it so hard for you to kill a mere woman?! Do you know how much I'm paying you?" The tall guy fiercely said while trying to not to sound too loud, while the driver inside the car is apologising profusely. Soon, the man stomped off angrily and the car then drove off immediately and Byulyi immediately took note of the car license plate number. Shortly, Byulyi reached home with her occupied mind. She approached the balcony while thinking about what she heard and witnessed earlier. "It might be an attempted murder.. so it might not be an accident after all..?" She thoughts to herself, and starts to get more worried. Immediately, she took out her phone in attempt to call her managers to meet up to discuss about this issue.

 

However, she got distracted as she noticed a familiar couple reaching her apartment downstairs. It is Eric and Yongsun.


"Are you sure you don't want to see the doctor? I can accompany you to go there now." Eric spoke worriedly while supporting Yongsun's weight with his arms. "I'm fine, don't worry, oppa. Just some slight scratches. I will fix it myself at home." Yongsun smiled in response while trying to release herself from Eric's arms. She bowed and thanked Eric for the dinner date before she left. However, before she manages to walk off, Eric caught her wrists, causing the latter to turn back and face him. 

 

"Yongsun ah, I..I like you." The couple stared at each other in silence.
 

"W-What?" Yongsun stuttered.
 

 "I really like you. Can you be my girlfriend?" Eric asked, but Yongsun didn't respond to his wishes. Shortly, he reaches out his hands to hold Yongsun's chin and slowly leaned into latter's lips to attempt for a kiss.
 

Seeing the heart throbbing scene from above, Byulyi couldn't bring herself to continue looking at them and turned back to walk to her bedroom.  She felt a sudden pain in her chest and let her body falls back onto the bed.
 

Soon, Yongsun felt the gap is getting closer as she felt his breath near her face, she pulls away immediately as she suddenly recalls her kiss with Byulyi. Unlike earlier, her heart didn't race as much as she did when she kissed Byulyi. Eric looked at Yongsun in guilt and an apologetic look.
 

"I'm sorry. Am I rushing things?" 

"S-Sorry, Eric oppa...Good night." Yongsun runs away hurriedly without turning her back.

"I'll wait!" Eric shouted before Yongsun stepped into the building.

"I'll wait for you, Yongsun ah.." Eric said inaudibly.

 

Yongsun reached her apartment level and slowly walked towards her unit with an occupied mind. "I'm sorry, Eric oppa.." Yongsun thoughts to herself, feeling apologetic to Eric. She feels that he is too perfect for her, and now Byulyi is all about she thinks. "Did i really fall for Byulyi..?"

 

While she reaches the doorstep of her house, she immediately u-turned and approaches Byulyi's unit as she suddenly felt the need to speak to Byulyi to sort out her feelings. It took her more than 5minutes to think whether she should knock the door. Before she manages to gather her courage to knock the door, the door swings open and Byulyi appeared infront of her in a split second.
 

"Byul ah.." 

"Come in. I'll fix your wounds before it gets infected." 
 

Without waiting for a response, Byulyi pulls her in without a second thought while supporting Yongsun's weight with her arms. "How does she know i'm injured..?" Yongsun questioned herself in her mind but she didn't want to ask further.
 

Moving Yongsun to a seat near the kitchen counter, Byulyi opened her cabinet to take out the first aid. She kneeled infront of Yongsun to disinfect the wounds first before applying the medicine and bandage. Yongsun remained silent while she looked at the taller attending to her wounds and felt her heart racing again. After few minutes of silence, she decided to speak up.
 

"Eric oppa confessed his feelings to me and.. he asked me to be his girlfriend." 
 

Byulyi felt a pinch in her heart. "Oh.. I see. Isn't that good to hear? Congrats. You guys fit each other after all. " She looks up to meet Yongsun's eyes and gave an insincere smile before she continues to tend to her wounds. "She will definitely be happier and safer if Eric is with her.." Byulyi kept her thoughts.
 

"Is this all you want to say..?" Yongsun replied coldly. Feeling disappointed by the response she's receiving.
 

Byulyi looks up again. "Oh, yeah about this evening earlier, I'm sorry for the kiss. It was all a joke." She lied.
 

"..."
 

Noticing there's no response from the older, Byulyi speaks up again "What? You thought about it seriously? I didn't know you will take that seriously. Hahaha! You're so cute, Yongsun ah." Byulyi sneered while she finishes up her bandaging on Yongsun's injured knees.
 

"So.. you're saying that its all a joke? You said that you liked me.. it was all a joke?"


Byulyi paused as she slowly looked up to witness the tears coming out from Yongsun's eyes.
 

"That's it. I had enough..." 
 

Yongsun stood up her chair and attempted to leave but Byulyi caught her from behind, giving her a backhug swiftly.
 

"Let me go."
 

"I said let me go." Yongsun repeated in a stern tone.
 

Getting no response from the taller woman, Yongsun said while controlling her tears. "Please.. please stop treating me like this. I.. don't want to be a fool again."
 

"Why?" Byulyi tightens the hug while her head resting on Yongsun's shoulders. 
 

Yongsun shuts her eyes, letting her tears to fall. "I'm afraid of falling for someone who doesn't like me. So please stop doing this to me." she finally let out her thoughts. Now, her heart didn't race at all despite her confession.


She roughly pushed Byulyi away from the backhug and stormed towards the door to leave. Shortly, Byulyi ran towards the door and blocked the exit. She approaches Yongsun from the front and softly reaches out for her hands. 
 

"Is that true? What you said earlier, about liking me?" Byulyi spoke in a serious tone while staring at Yongsun intensely.
 

Yongsun looks up to the taller woman and sneered. "Its all a joke, Byul ah. Why are you taking so seriously? Hahaha! You're so cute, Byul ah." she gave a sarcastic look and laughed, releasing herself from the grip and shoving Byulyi away who is blocking the exit. 
 

Staring at Yongsun while she opens the door to leave, Byulyi felt that it is her last chance to get her Yongsun. She doesn't want to let go of this opportunity again. She walked towards the door and closed it before Yongsun manages to leave.
 

"What are you doing?" Yongsun replied in an annoyed tone. She turns her back and immediately, she felt Byulyi's lips on hers, leaving her dumbfounded. This time the kiss is deeper and slower. Byulyi softly pulled her into her arms while still keeping their lips attached together. Yongsun slowly closed her eyes and kissed her back, while her hands reaching the back of Byulyi's head to pull her in deeper. They felt their matching heartbeats while embracing each other. The kiss lasted for 2 minutes. Slowly, Byulyi pulled away from the kiss, Yongsun felt her knees are weakening but the taller caught her by supporting her back with her strong arms.

 

"You are such a bad liar, Kim Yongsun-ssi" Byulyi smirked as she pulls away from the older while keeping her hands around Yongsun's waist. Yongsun felt her face flushing redder in response and her heart pounding like crazy.
 

Slowly, Byulyi cupped her mochi cheeks and grinned. 


"Will you be my girlfriend, Kim Yongsun?"
 

Not getting any response from the flustered girl infront of her, Byulyi reaches Yongsun's chest to feel her increasing heartbeat. She smiled as it seems that she already got her answer.

 


A/N: Oops.. I accidentally wrote too long. ^o^" Thanks for the 100subscribers! Omg :'D