Chapter 6: The Promise

Another Chance

(Yongsun's P.O.V)
 

"Damn.. why is she so fast?!"

I tried to match Byul's speed, yet I'm not getting closer at all. Seems that age is catching up with me.. I wanted to stop her from running away from me again. I wanted to tell her about my true feelings towards her. Yet, why do we always end up fighting?
 

I panted heavily while sprinting towards my target, exerting with all my stamina and energy I had. However, Byul is still so faraway. I couldn't help but to scream her name to stop her.

 

Suddenly, I heard a loud car screech and screams echoing across the street. I was taken aback by the huge crowd running towards my direction with frightened expressions. Yet, I didn't care much and tried to run towards Byul who seems to be slowing down her steps. I suddenly felt my body got lighter, and I could run in ease, as if I could fly. 

 

Finally.. I can reach her.

 

With heavy steps, I slowed down my pace and stood behind her.

 

"Y-ya..!! Moon Byulyi.. Didn't I tell you to wait!?" I yelled at her, with her back facing me.

Byulyi slowly turned her back with her blank and a lost expression. "Hey, why aren't you answering me?" Byulyi remained silent. She is not looking at me at all, her empty eyes are looking across me and fixated at something else behind me. As I could turn behind to see what happened, I felt that a cold wind when Byulyi walked towards me and her body directly went pass my translucent body.

 

My eyes widened and jaws dropped when I held out and see my translucent hands right infront of me. ...Am I seeing things?
I noticed that Byulyi is walking towards the noisy crowd, my body automatically followed behind her in a confused state of mind.

 

As we approached the crowd, I noticed they are surrounding a car accident scene. People are shouting for help and calling the ambulance. I saw blood trails around that area and a lifeless young woman's body from far. Oh my god.. What just happened.

 

"N-no way.."

 

I saw Byulyi shoving away the crowd and walking towards the victim's body. She kneeled down and slowly reached the poor victim's face with her shaking hands. I approached her, wondering what is she doing. "Hey..Byul, what are y-"

 

"Y-yong..Yongsun ah..?"

Huh..? Why is she calling my name? Suddenly, I felt a shiver as I saw the victim's bloodied face with a recognisable mole under her right eyebrows.

 

That person is me.

 

I couldn't describe what I'm feeling now. I felt that the world is crumbling and my mind is going crazy. In a state of confusion and terror, I felt blood is flowing down my face and my body is covered with bruises and cuts. I screamed in pain and fell into my knees. Clenching my teeth and my head, trying to counter the pain coming out from my bleeding skull. I felt that time has stopped for a moment. Everything, including the sounds and movements of the people around me has stopped. The world has became monochrome, soundless and cold.. Is this the feeling of death? 

 

While struggling with the terrifying pain on the cold ground, I felt that someone is approaching me. The person is dressed in black from head to toe and her porcelain face partially covered with her hoodie. She knelt down and held out her cold hands, caressing my head softly. Immediately, the pain went off and I'm not bleeding anymore. I sat up and faced my saviour with my dishevelled appearance, while trying to analyze her appearance from head to toe.

 

"Seems that Grim Reapers do really exist.." I sneered at her while thinking about this absurd dream I'm having now.

"No, this is not a dream." She spoke softly.

W-wait, can she hear my thoughts? Haha..what an interesting dream. I gotta wake up. 
Suddenly, I felt myself being pulled into her embrace. Her body is as cold as mine, yet the hug warms up my painful heart.

 

"Yong.. " She said huskily into my ears, I got goosebumps as her deep voice sounds like some greaseball whom I know. And nobody calls me by that name except for her.

"Hey, what are you doing?" I tried to tear apart from the embrace yet her strong arms wrapped me even more tighter.


 "It's my fault again. I'm sorry.. I'm sorry ." She continued to mumble her apologies while holding on to my cold body tightly. After few minutes of struggling from the suffocating hug, she finally released her strong grip around my weakened body. She removed her hoodie, showing her pale face with a high nose bridge and a familiar mole under her left eyebrows. Her unwavering stare is so captivating that as if she is staring into my soul. She definitely looked like the Byulyi I know, yet the person infront of me felt so distant, and slightly matured..? However, she still gave me butterflies when she stared at me so intensely and I felt secure in her arms as usual. 

 

"Byul..? Are you really Byulie?" I caressed her face and stared into her deep eyes.

Immediately, my body froze and felt that numerous terrifying images entered my mind. I saw images of myself getting killed in different places and different situations, on the same day. Getting killed by a building fire, kidnapped and brutally murdered, carbon monoxide poisoning in a car, and..
 

Before I could continue, I came back to my senses as I felt Byulyi's breath near my face. She is holding onto my cheeks, closing up the gap slowly and our lips met. Our kiss felt painful yet soft and longing, I hope I won't wake up from this dream. I closed my eyes and let my tears continue to fall. I felt her tears gliding down her face and I can feel that we can hear each others' thoughts and feelings. "I promise..This won't happen to you again." I heard her thoughts clearly during our kiss. Gradually I felt my consciousness is fading and I fell into her embrace helplessly.

 

(End P.O.V)


 

"That person..? Who is that person?"

Yongsun froze at the question as she recollects her dream she had after that day of the car accident. She never felt a dream could be so real and remains clear in her head. She still remembers the pain of her 'death' she felt in that dream. 


"Yong?" Byulyi nudged her shoulders, trying to get a response from the quiet woman infront of her.

"Is it.. the person in black?" 

"Huh?" Yongsun's eyes widened in shock, hearing that question.

"and she sounds like me, right?" 

"H-how did you know?" 
She stuttered with her trembling lips.


Byulyi felt a shiver down her spine and she couldn't believe the situation she's facing now.



"What happened? When did you saw her?" She clutched her girlfriend's shoulders and eyes remain fixated at her.

"I dreamt about her few days back, after the car accident. I saw myself getting killed by the car in Hongdae.. and I saw you."

"You were holding onto my dead body and crying your eyes out. Then, she appeared. She showed me countless images of myself getting killed in various situation and places, as if they came from different parallel worlds. It was such a weird dream right?" Yongsun continued.

 

Byulyi found herself petrified and speechless. She never expected Yongsun to witness that same tragic incident she experienced and furthermore about the various death scenarios she saw. 



"If its real, did you come from there? I mean, am I really dead from the world where you came from?" 

"Yes.. I think so." 


"Then.. what happened to you after that accident?"

 

Byulyi couldn't find herself answering that question, she doesn't want Yongsun to know that she attempted to commit suicide after Yongsun left her. The silence broke when Yongsun felt a vibration coming out from her pocket. She took out her phone, and Eric's name appeared on her screen. "Sorry Byul, I  gotta pick this call." She walked away with her phone sticked onto her ears and went into her room, leaving Byulyi in the living room. 


Immediately, Byulyi follows her secretly and peeked through the semi closed door, still not knowing who is the caller. She frowned upon hearing the word "oppa" coming out from her girlfriend's mouth. Even though she couldn't hear the entire conversation clearly from far, she is sure it is Eric who called her. Eventually, Yongsun realised that Byulyi is nearby and eavesdropping her phone conversation. Thus, she tried to end the call quickly and told Eric that she will call later. After Yongsun put away her phone, Byulyi hastily walked towards and confronted her. 

 

"Who is he? Is it Eric-oppa? Why did he call?" 

"H-he asked me out again. I said I'm busy so I can't meet him." 

"So, you didn't tell him about us yet?"

"No, I didn't..more like, I couldn't. Byul, you know right? The society will never accept our relationship. We will be viewed in a different way if we let people know our relationship."

 

Byulyi silently nodded her head, she totally understands her feelings yet she felt disappointed and frustrated about the reality. "Then, just tell him that you're taken, alright?" Yongsun nodded, smiled and held both of Byulyi's hands firmly.



"Oh yeah, so what were we talking about earlier?" Yongsun looked up the ceiling, trying to recall with her goldfish memory.

"Hmm.. I can't remember as well. Let's forget about it. You must be tired from the photoshoot, so you should rest baby." Byulyi placed a gentle kiss on Yongsun's hands before she went to the bathroom to prepare the bath for the latter. While Yongsun is taking a bath, Byulyi is lost in her thoughts, thinking about the conversation she had earlier with Yongsun. 

 


Recently, Mamamoo had their comeback stage and the girls were busy running here and there for their schedules.

Despite the hectic schedule, Byulyi continued to keep an eye on Yongsun secretly, not wanting the latter to hate her again. Regardless in waiting room, stages, streets, cars and even their home, Byulyi remained by Yongsun's side. They couldn't leave each other for more than 30 seconds and their bodies are always glued to each other all the time, cringing the rest of the members who are always watching them at the side.

 

Yongsun definitely enjoys the attention and love she's getting from Byulyi, but she always tried to hold back her feelings whenever she had skinship with Byulyi in public. Because, she doesn't want to hint the public about their relationship. Yet, Byulyi couldn't resist herself by hugging her girlfriend and showing their close skinship in public. She enjoys taking photos of Yongsun everyday and post in fancafes with her best shots. She giggles whenever she saw her photo album which is flooded with Yongsun's photos and also their selfies. Also, she always treats Yongsun like a princess and her conservative self hates Yongsun wearing revealing stage outfits. 

 

"So, how is the investigation going on? Did you manage to find out anything about the culprit?" Byulyi spoke to the CEO over the phone, tapping her feet impatiently and trying to keep her composure. She felt frustrated that they seemed to be not taking any actions on Yongsun's case recently. 
 

"Not yet. But we already had more than 3 managers watching over Solar's safety secretly. For the past few weeks, they did not spot any suspicious individuals or activity around her. The crime might be just a one-time thing, so don't wor-"
 

"What don't worry!? The culprit might be still waiting for his chance to kill Yongsun!" Byulyi finally released her anger and frustration.


"Then, what do you want us to do? Stop her promotional activities and keep her locked in her house? I know you're worried, Moonbyul, we are equally worried as well. But we can't just inform police about this, it may affect the group's comeback. I'm busy now, we will talk about this next time." 
 

Byulyi held her phone infront of her, flustered at the phone call which just ended abruptly. She sighed and frustrated, at the same time, feeling helpless about the situation. How can he treat this case so lightly? I will kill him if anything happens to Yongsun.


As Byulyi stormed out of her room, the appearance of her angel surprised her, she seemed to be in a state of shock.
 

"Hey, baby.. You're still up?" Byulyi smiled as if nothing happened and lightly brushed her fingertips across her angel's mochi cheeks.
 

"Byul.. Eric oppa is outside our house now." 

 


A/N: Thanks for all the kind comments and upvotes ㅠㅠ!  Every comment really matters a lot to me! <3 
..Going back to my cave to cry my eyes out while rewatching their comeback stages and the MVs (cries in korean)