Chapter 1: Silent Cry

Another Chance

It was a late night in the busy Hongdae streets where it was a peaceful day before the unforgettable accident happened that marked as of one of the most tragic incidents in the Kpop history.

 

Byulyi walked out of the restaurant angrily with her hands grabbing Yongsun's wrists roughly. She did not flinch despite Yongsun's attempts to fight back. Both of them were making a scene outside a restaurant in Hongdae yet getting little attention from the public as the noisy crowd perfectly covered their conversation. 

 

"Let go! I said it hurts!" Yongsun removed her mask and finally lost her temper. Byulyi let go of her hands after leading her to a corner of the streets to have a serious talk as she doesn't want to be seen in public like this. 

 

Byulyi removed her mask and tried to calm down her thoughts and anger. She inhales slowly and reaches out her hand to Yongsun's shoulder to maintain eye contact with her.

 

 

"Tell me. What is the situation now? Why are you still with Eric..?" Byulyi kept her intense glare, yet a sad and disappointed look at Yongsun.

 

Yongsun let out a sigh and tried to give a reassuring smile to make the situation less serious.

 

"Byul ah, Eric is just my friend. Is there a problem with me eating dinner with a friend? You are overthinking.." Yongsun replied softly.

 

"Yeah, you treat him as your friend. What about Eric? Do you think he feels the same way as you? It is obvious that he's trying to court you! What if the public sees you with him? Do you want to create a scandal with him? I-" Byulyi couldn't find herself continuing her words as she was afraid that she might accidentally confess her real feelings to Yongsun.

 

"..I.. do not want to see you get hurt, Yongsun ah." Byulyi continues her speech while looking down as she removes her hand off Yongsun's shoulder.

 

Yongsun places her hands on Byulyi's shoulders and decides to speak calmly. "Byul ah, you don't have to worry so much about him. Even if the public caught us, we can just confess that it was just a friendly dinner." 

 

Byulyi rolled her eyes and slowly raising her voice at Yongsun.

 

"Do you think the reporters and fans will take that excuse? You are only thinking about yourself..!" Both stood still and stared at each other in silence. The last statement seemed to trigger Yongsun's anger.

 

"Only thinking about myself? Yeah.. that's right. Then you should leave the selfish me alone since this is no- "

 

"Yeah, none of my business right? Yeah fine, I'm just a friend whom you don't give a damn about. " Byulyi stormed off without turning her back, leaving Yongsun flabbergasted and stood in silence while watching Byulyi distancing away from her.

 

After spacing out for a few seconds, Yongsun came to her senses and realised that Byulyi has already went far away from her.

 

"..W-wait up, Byul! Please listen to me!" She shouted at the top of her lungs while trying to run towards her target. She tried to match with Byulyi's pace but she wasn't getting nearer. They walked out in the public streets with their faces uncovered, attracting attention from the crowd in Hongdae streets.

 

 

Byulyi quickened her pace angrily despite hearing the shoutings behind her and not caring the stares and mumblings from people around her.

 

Passerbys were taken aback by the sights of the sudden appearance of the idols in the streets. Many were taking out their phones to snap photos and videos, yet both of them were too immersed in their fight to care about it.

 

"BYUL AH! I SAID WAIT!" Yongsun screamed as loud as she could, while running with her weak body and shoving people in the street away from her, unfocused on her steps reaching a small street road and a car approaching her.

 

"MOON BYUL Y-"

 

A car screeches loudy and a loud bang was heard across the Hongdae streets, silencing the noisy crowd in the vicinity.

 

Byulyi slowed and stopped her steps while her mind went blank, as if time has stopped for a minute.

                                                                    


 

Terrified screams of people echoed the entire city and reaching the ears of everyone near the vicinity. People were shouting for help and some called the ambulance. Passerbys ran towards the opposite direction of Byulyi to witness the tragic scene. Slowly coming back to her senses, Byulyi turned her back slowly and walked along with the crowd towards the scene. 

 

"N-no way.." She stuttered as she slowly approached the crowd of people surrounding the scene. 

 

Despite the bloodied face and hair covering the victim, Byulyi can never unrecognize Yongsun's beautiful face underneath all that mess.

 

Byulyi felt a pinch on her heart and her heart pounding like mad while she slowly kneeled and approached the helpless body.

 

"Y-Yong..Yongsun ah..?" She approached Yongsun's face with her trembling hands and tears started to form in the corner of her eyes. She was unable to accept the reality that the body infront of her is really her Yongsun. Byulyi carefully caressed the victim's blood-stained pink hair, near the victim's right eye and slowly revealed her mole under her right eyebrow.

 

That night ended Byulyi desperate cries and screams of agony which echoed across the entire city.

 


 

It has been 2 weeks since Yongsun's death and Byulyi has been occupying Yongsun's apartment since her last farewell with her in the hospital. Time has passed slowly and painfully for her. She is down with her last bottle of beer and still lazy to get up from her favourite bed which still contains Yongsun's scent. For these 2 weeks, she has been doing nothing in Yongsun's apartment but crying like mad, blaming herself for everything and fighting against the reality. Her managers along with Wheein and Hyejin has been begging her to open the door yet they were getting no response at all. Reporters have been flooding near their apartment and company building,and the staffs were busy holding them back before any statements made ever since the accident happened.

 

Finally coming back to her senses, Byulyi picked up her phone which has been ringing for the past few hours since morning. The call is from Hyejin. She let the phone ring for few seconds before it hung up and looked at the list of messages and missed calls she received for the past 2 weeks. 

 

'192 missed calls, 273 unread messages'. Byulyi sighed, and decided to call Hyejin back. 

 

 

"Hel-" 

 

"YA UNNIE! WHY AREN'T YOU PICKING UP YOUR PHONE?! ARE YOU CRAZY, I MEAN, ARE YOU OKAY?" Hyejin shouted. But before that, Byulyi has already held her phone away from her ears as she already anticipated this coming.

 

"I'm sorry, Hyejin ah.. I'm fine, don't worry." Byulyi replied huskily, trying to hold back her tears as she do not want her maknaes to be waiting outside her house again. She really doesn't feel like seeing anyone for the time being.

 

"Don't lie, unnie. Could you please open up the door? Please don't keep all the emotions to yourself. Your parents and fans are worried for you as well!" Hyejin sounded worried, left Byulyi being guilty over the phone.

 

Soon, Byulyi is shocked that they are actually waiting outside her unit, and now knocking against the door. She decided to leave the bed with her phone and approached the door slowly with her weakened body as she hasn't been eating well since then. 


"Byulie unnie, don't forget that we are here for you.. and don't forget about Yongsun unnie's last wish as well" Wheein spoke softly yet loud enough for Byulyi to hear. Byulyi stopped her tracks and started recalling her last moments with Yongsun.

 


"BYULIE UNNIE!!" Wheein and Hyejin rushed towards the crying figure outside the operation room, along with the managers and CEO. 

 

Byulyi was unable to face them and give them any response as she was still crying her eyes out. 

 

"WHAT HAPPENED TO YONGSUN UNNIE? HAS THE DOCTOR SAY ANYTHING? PLEASE ANSWER US!!" Hyejin yelled loudly while shaking Byulyi's shoulders.

 

"Y-Yongs-.." Before Byulyi could finish her statement, the doctors came out with a disappointed look and announced that they did their best but they couldn't save her, and they may wish to speak with the patient for the last time. The hallway was then filled with uncontrollable cries and screams. 

 

 

The crowd entered the hospital room. Seeing Yongsun's lifeless body from far, Wheein couldn't control her emotions and fell down her knees crying out, supported by Hyejin and her managers who were crying their eyes out as well. Byulyi slowly walked towards her unnie with her heavy heart and mind, trying to control her tears so that she can see her Yongsun clearly for the last time.

 

"I-I'm s..sorr..y" Yongsun tried to speak up as properly as she can, and look at her beloved people for the last time. The crowd surrounded her closely to hear her last words carefully. 

 

"UNNIE!! PLEASE DON'T GO! PLEASE..." The maknaes cried out while holding onto Yongsun's hands. Byulyi stood behind them, found herself unable to speak up as she still couldn't believe this is real.

 

"P-please... be together forever.." Yongsun tried to speak up with her final breath as she wants to see her group continuing their success.


Yongsun turned her head to catch a glimpse of her beloved ones for the last time, her sight was fading and words are not coming out anymore. However, she mouthed out 'I love you' slowly when she glanced at Byulyi and finally rested her eyes.

 


After few months of mourning for Yongsun's death, fans continues to crowd outside the RBW building. Throughout the past few weeks, the fans continued to show their support and sorrows by singing their songs, while crying and holding up fan banners. Hoping that the members would cheer up and Yongsun will never be forgotten. Reporters are still flooding outside the building with their cameras on, ready anytime when the CEO comes out of the building to make any official statement about MAMAMOO's future.

 

"Come in!" The CEO shouted loudly across the big conference room to permit the invited guest to enter the room. The members and managers entered the room with their sorrowful eyes and slouching backs and took a seat infront of the CEO to start the discussion.

 

"Since it is Solar's and the public's wish to see MAMAMOO to continue, you ladies will continue to promote in a group of 3. I believe that you all still wish to continue singing right?" The CEO spoke in a harsh tone, yet this is the only choice he had as he wanted his girls to stay strong.

 

"Y-yes..Sir" Hyejin spoke on behalf of the members while looking at their faces to see if there are any disapproving opinions. After few seconds of silence, Byulyi decided to speak up her real thoughts.

 

"I'm.. sorry, everyone. I do not think that I can continue.. Sorry for being selfish.." Byulyi carefully speak with guilt in her eyes, leaving everyone speechless. The silence continues for a minute before someone decided to speak up.

 

"Are you kidding me unnie? If you said this, what would happen to us?! How about our future? Have you even spared a thought for us?" Hyejin replied angrily yet she could somehow understand Byulyi's sorrow for losing her best friend.

 

"Unnie, do you forget about Yongsun unnie's last wish? We all know that you're suffering but we are all suffering as well.. I believe that Yongsun unnie do not wish to see us like this.." Wheein spoke up while trying to control her tears and held onto Byulyi's hands.

 

Byulyi felt the disappointment and sadness in the maknaes' eyes but stood up and walked out of her seat. "I'm sorry, girls.. I'll make my move. Please leave me alone to think about it." Byulyi left the room without turning back despite the CEO demanding her to come back.

 


Rumors of MAMAMOO disbandment are flying around the social media platforms, newspapers and fanpages. Fans has been flooding their webpages, sounding out their pleads, sadness and disappointments about the CEO and the members' decision. It has been a hot topic and top search recently in the social media websites. Byulyi slowly scrolls through the feeds while staring at the screen blankly. Her family members and her friends are worried about her as she has been locking up herself at home for months. 

 

Throughout these few months, Byulyi has been constantly struggling with nightmares about witnessing Yongsun's death and not being able to save her. She felt that it was all her fault to and never forgive herself for causing Yongsun's death. She wished that she could wake up from this real nightmare.

 

Byulyi spent her whole month in her house, reminiscing the days with Yongsun while looking at the photos they took together, the videos they took hours to edit, the dates they went, the childish fights they had and the silly and lovey dovey chats they had. Never once she could go through this painful moments without her crying her eyes out and having sucidial thoughts. She never felt so devastated before and cried so much before in her entire life. Despite the love and supporting messages she is receiving from her beloved family, friends, members and the fans, the huge empty hole in her heart remained unfilled. She felt very guilty towards the people who love her as she is still unable to face the reality and tell them that she's okay.

 

Sometimes, she hallucinates Yongsun being together with her at home, comforting her saying "Its okay, Byul ah" and "I love you" while standing away from far and showing her bright smile. Byulyi still remembers the last moments of Yongsun in the hospital bed, mouthing "I love you" to her. Unfortunately, she couldn't feel her Yongsun's warmth again as whenever she approaches the translucent figure, it will disappear. 

 

"I really miss you.." "I'm sorry..and I love you.." "No, please, don't go..!" these are the words that Byulyi always say whenever Yongsun's illusion appears.

 

One day, Byulyi couldn't take it and decides to leave her house at late night. She reaches the rooftop of the building, sat down near the edge of the building and facing up to explore the dark empty skies with no stars and Moon at sight. It is probably the day of Eclipse where the Moon is hidden away from the dark clouds and no stars shining across the skies.

 

"Without the Sun, the Moon and stars couldn't shine as brightly as they could. Because you are the person who gave me light and happiness so that I can shine brightly infront of everyone." Byulyi said to herself, trying to sound cheesy but her beloved person is not there to accept her greasiness. She let out a sigh and stood up while looking up to the empty skies.

 

"See you soon. My Sun.." Byulyi felt tears forming on the corner of her eyes and painfully closed her eyes. After few minutes of standing on the same spot, she felt that she didn't have the courage to jump as she remembers her beloved family, friends and fans will be devastated if she would to end her life like this. And probably Yongsun doesn't want to see her like this either..

 

"How I wish I could be given another chance in life to see you again, to repent my mistakes and to love you again.." 

 

Slowly, she let out a silent cry while her feet remains on the edge of the building. However, she was unaware about a mysterious person who is dressed in full black attire, approaching her from behind carefully. The person taps on the back of Byulyi which startled the latter. She out after she turn her back to analyze the identity of the mysterious person.

 


The next second, Byulyi woke up from her bed clueless and felt lost in time. Tears and beads of sweat were gliding down her flawless face while her eyes remains widened in shock. "What was that.. a dream..?" she muttered while breathing heavily, trying to calm herself and sitting up her bed.

 

"Am I still alive..? I remembered just a few seconds ago I was at the rooftop and I saw-" A sharp pain was felt in her head and caused her to be dizzy for a few seconds before she could register what is going on. She massages her temples to counter the pain while still trying to catch her breath. The pain indeed felt real, hence she realise that she is really still alive and breathing well. She then turned to the side of her bed and reaches out for her vibrating phone.

 

"Yeba Yongdonnie-nim♡ is calling.."

 

She stared at her phone blankly, trying to register the situation and numerous thoughts entered her mind before she could answer the call. The call then ended and the screen showed up a feed of unread messages and missed calls from her beloved Sun. "Is this a prank..?" She then opened the chat between her and Yongsun. The chat history seems to be backdated and she recalls having such conversation before with Yongsun few months ago. She read the message that Yongsun has just sent her.

 

"Hey Byulkong, are you awake? I've cooked breakfast. Wanna come over?ㅋㅋ" 

 

Byulyi raised her eyebrows and thought that there might be a problem with her phone as she then realised that the date shown on her phone screen is dated few months before the tragic incident happened. However, she decides to check out Yongsun's apartment again as part of her favourite routine.

 

"1222#" she entered Yongsun's house easily with the simple password. The door swings open and a smell of food coming out of the kitchen triggered Byulyi's curiosity to check the situation out. Could it be Hyejin or Wheein..?

 

Slowly approaching the kitchen with careful steps, her eyes widened as she sees a familiar back of someone whom she loved and misses dearly.

 

"Y-Yong..sun..?" Byulyi walked slowly towards the feminine figure who is busy cooking and slowly turned her back to greet Byulyi with her delicate smile.

 

"Oh, Byul ah, you came?" 

 


A/N: Phew..! Finally finished the first chapter ^^. Sorry for killing Yongsun btw.. ㅠㅠ

Thanks for subscribing and love all the supportive comments! Also, thanks for reading! :)