Raising Heechul

Junior Quest

Leeteuk woke up pretty early thanks to the noise. He heard footsteps running from side to side meaning that the kids were probably awake. He stretched and decided to start working as a babysitter like he always did. He walked to the toilet and was ready to brush his teeth when he heard something moving inside the bathtub. 

 

“What the...” 

 

“You are grounded” - Heechul had eye bags - “You, and you, and you, and you, and...” 

 

“We get it” - The kids apologized 

 

“It was a joke” - Kangin yawned - “Just an innocent prank~” 

 

“Yeah, uncle” - Hangeng laughed - “It’s not a big deal” 

 

Heechul was about to say something when he noticed his sister in law shaking her head. She was giving him that look. 

 

“Even so, you are grounded” - Heechul Carried on with the show - “Putting frogs in the bathtub...” 

 

Heechul actually found it hilarious. He even attempted to laugh when Leeteuk told him what the kids had done. He got a warning and he changed his mind when Leeteuk reminded him about the fact he would get punished if he didn’t act like he should. Mina was keeping an eye on him. She wanted to make sure Heechul wouldn’t try anything else while he spoke to the kids. It was going to be difficult to skip rules when all the family was there for the twins’s birthday. 

 

“What a way to start the morning, uhm?” - Donghee poured some coffee for him - “I bet you actually liked the prank” 

 

“Of course I did” - Heechul was being honest now that the kids weren’t around - “Kids like to play like that. Also, kids tend to be naughtier as they are together” 

 

“What a wise man you are” - Leeteuk teased - “What did you do with the frogs?” 

 

“I put them back in the backyard” - Heechul got a shock when all adults pointed at him and did weird faces - “What? It’s not their fault the kids are naughty! They live there!”

 

“Sweetheart , frogs aren’t suitable pet for children” - Heechul’s mother shook her head - “if they want to raise an animal you should let them have a dog” 

 

“I can’t, Siwon is allergic to dogs” - Heechul yawned - “Probably” 

 

“Don’t you like dogs?” - Leeteuk was amused - “Every single time we go to the park you try to pet them!” 

 

“Yeah well, I like dogs... when they are not mine” - Heechul pointed out - “I already have enough to—“ 

 

“Bad word” - all adults echoed 

 

Heechul left out a deep sigh. The first punishment of the day was chosen. Heechul would run around the neighbourhood and buy donuts for breakfast. 

 

“I hate you all” - Heechul hissed as he put on a sweater and his shoes - “This is so stupid” 

 

“Can I take that like a wrong behaviour?” - Leeteuk teased - “It’s alright, you already have enough. I like the ones with pink frosting” 

 

Heechul just rolled his eyes. He couldn’t deny he was also having fun despite not liking the idea of getting tortured by his family. He even felt well having a walk after he lost sight of the mansion. It had been a while since he went out to exercise and not chase after toddlers. 

 

(Gunhee used to run a lot) Heechul remembered as he tried to keep his rhythm. 

 

The twins woke up earlier than expected. The family found hard controlling the boys as Ryeowook would get extremely clingy after waking up. Kyuhyun got upset when he realized Heechul wasn’t around. 

 

“No! No!” - Ryeowook stomped his feet annoyed when his uncle tried to calm him - “Dada!” 

 

“He is not here!” - Donghee used his arms as a shield when Kyuhyun threw diapers at him - “Hey! Stop doing that!” 

 

Ryeowook was truly desperate as his bladder kept bothering him. He wanted to pee but he wouldn’t dare to move as his family was blocking the way to the toilet. 

 

“GO ‘WAY!” - The toddler’s bad temper showed up - “OUT!” 

 

“Honey, that’s not way of talking to your family” - Leeteuk scolded - “Dad will get sad if he knows you misbehaved~” 

 

Kyuhyun stopped in his tracks. He hated to admit it, but Leeteuk was probably right and he didn’t want to make Heechul sad. Ryeowook was so scared to wet himself he couldn’t think properly. He just kept wailing on the floor while everyone tried to figure out what was wrong with him. 

 

“Oh~ my little monsters are awake” - Heechul entered the room - “Are they causing troubles?” 

 

“No” - Kyuhyun rushed to reply. His quick response brought laughter to the room 

 

Ryeowook ran to Heechul and hugged his leg in a possessive way. 

 

“Have someone took him to the toilet?” - Heechul observed the boy squirming - “He looks like he is about to pee himself” 

 

“Wookie pee” - Ryeowook nodded - “Wee Wee! Potty! Hewp!” 

 

“I will take him to the toilet” - Heechul Carried the boy and hurried - “Dont pee on me~ don’t pee on me~” 

 

Heechul opened the restroom’s door only to find a crying toddler stuck in the toilet bowl. 

 

“What happened?” - Heechul worried - “Oh my, are you hurt?” 

 

“It wasn’t on!” - Donghae cried scared - “Our seat wasn’t on!” 

 

Heechul spotted the special toilet ring aside. Probably, someone else had used the toilet earlier and the kid didn’t realize they haven’t put it back. 

 

“Alright... I will help—“ 

 

“WOOKIE WEE!” - Ryeowook was literally jumping desperate 

 

“Hang on” - Heechul ended putting a Ryeowook in the shower - “Pee there while

I help your brother” 

 

Ryeowook fussed at first but he ended doing so when his bladder had enough. At least it was better than wetting himself. Heechul was having a hard time trying to get out Donghae. He didn’t want to hurt the child and therefore took longer as he proceeded carefully. 

 

“Done” - Heechul finally smiled once his kid was out of danger - “You got stuck pretty badly. Are you hurt?” 

 

“Toilet bad! So scary!” - Donghae cried - “Daddy...” 

 

“Heechul, everything ok? We are having breakfast” - Leeteuk knocked on the door 

 

“Coming!” - Heechul did a funny face - “Ok buddies, let’s clean and get you new clothes...” 

 

“Wookie pee hewe” - Ryeowook pointed at the spot where he had relieved himself earlier - “Cwean” 

 

“Yeah, we need to clean that” - Heechul agreed - “Let’s use this and rinse it away ok? Oh nice, you are good at it” 

 

Heechul sulked a lot when he went to the kitchen and found only one donut left. He decided to cut it in half and gave a piece to the kids that couldn’t enjoy their breakfast earlier. 

 

“One for Hae~ One for Wookie” - He felt sad since the kids couldn’t have a full one each - “Enjoy” 

 

“Where is yours?” - Donghae asked

 

“Dada donud” - Ryeowook asked as well 

 

“I... I already ate mine” - Heechul lied. He didn’t want his kids to feel bad for him - “It’s tasty. You should try it” 

 

Ryeowook split his half in two pieces and offered the biggest one to Heechul. The parent was so touched he almost cried. Why weren’t all his kids like him?

 

“Me too” - Donghae copied his little brother and did the same

 

“Papa~ Minnie ate Donutz~~” - Sungmin chirped as he entered the kitchen - “Minnie kept em safe~” 

 

“You sure did” - Heechul replied sarcastically- “There was only one left” 

 

“One?” - Sungmin tilted his head. The boy ran back to the living room and returned holding a paper bag - “Here. Papa’s donuts” 

 

“Oh my! You really kept them safe!” - Heechul was beyond pleased to discover Sungmin found a way to protect his breakfast- “Thank you so much!” 

 

“Coffee?” - The sweet triplet asked - “Papa’s coffee” 

 

“Ah~ you are right” - Heechul agreed - “They are going to taste better with coffee”

 

“I will do it for you” - Mina offered - “I came to warm up some milk for Henry but a cup of coffee doesn’t take long” 

 

“Thanks” - Heechul was actually really thankful - “I love you” 

 

Ryeowook frowned. He kept taking off the colourful sprinkles the donut had. 

 

“What are you doing? You can eat those” - Heechul found funny the toddler’s expression - “Dont you like them?” 

 

“Gwemz” - Ryeowook said disgusted as his hands got sticky from the frosting - “Eww” 

 

“Those are not ‘germs’ “ - Heechul found the boy’s ideas hilarious- “Those are sprinkles. You can eat them” 

 

Ryeowook puffed his cheeks. He wasn’t convinced at all but if his dad told him he could eat them... then he could eat them. 

 

“So? What do you think?” - Heechul asked after the toddler got a taste of his donut 

 

“Yummy” - Ryeowook smiled pleased. Maybe sprinkles weren’t that bad - “Gwemz Tazty” 

 

Mina laughed. She gave Heechul his coffee and ran holding a milk bottle. 

 

“She is taking her role seriously” - Leeteuk entered the kitchen soon after - “I think your sister in law fell for Henry” 

 

“We all did” - Heechul stuffed a whole donut in his mouth - “Hiz zo gude” 

 

“You are getting punished again after you finish breakfast” - Leeteuk smiled - “You shouldn’t put that much inside your mouth, and you shouldn’t speak with your mouth being full” 

 

“But...” - Heechul whined - “Ummm... alright” 

 

Ryeowook laughed. He found his dad funny. Donghae worried. 

 

“Don’t be mean with daddy” - Donghae pouted as Leeteuk approached the kid - “No bad” 

 

Heechul found amazing four of his kids would actually defend him. Sungmin, Donghae, Ryeowook And Kyuhyun were his supporting team. Kyuhyun even went as far as hitting people for him. The kids didn’t like seeing his daddy getting troubles. However, excepting Henry who was too young to understand, the other ones enjoyed suggesting punishments. 

 

“Yesung you traitor” - Heechul couldn’t believe his oldest son has sided with Leeteuk - “I thought we were friends” 

 

“This is for your own good” - Yesung was obviously taking revenge for the times he got scolded - “It will help you to grow up and be better” 

 

“You brainwashed him” - Heechul did a disgusted face as he glared at Leeteuk - “I will never forgive you” 

 

“I don’t care” - Leeteuk raised the magic wand Eunhyuk lend him - “Any ideas?” 

 

“Me! Me! Me!” - Kangin jumped excited - “He is going to jump around the house pretending he is a frog!” 

 

“YEAH!” - all the kids cheered 

 

“That’s...” - Heechul was about to complain but at least, the punishment was something he could do easily - “Ok...” 

 

Heechul got his third punishment right after he pretended he was turning into a monster like frog and made Siwon cry. He also got scolded for jumping off the couch and landing on the play mat: action that Leeteuk disliked as the kids would try copying. 

 

“This is stupid” - Heechul sulked as he was taken to the ‘court’ again - “I was a frog!”

 

“Your defence it’s not good enough!” - Yesung hit his plastic desk with a toy hammer - “Guilty!” 

 

“Guilty!” - Eunhyuk repeated cheerfully - “Daddy bad!” 

 

Leeteuk started to have troubles deciding for new punishments as Heechul would do them too quick and then earn a new one right away. The kids were having fun watching Heechul doing those silly things when Leeteuk started suspecting that Heechul was having fun as well. 

 

“You are doing this on purpose” - Leeteuk accused - “You keep earning punishments because you  find them amusing” 

 

“That’s not true” - Heechul faked innocence- “I’m not having fun~” 

 

“You are smart, so there is no way you would commit a mistake so many times” - Leeteuk cleared his throat - “Maybe the punishments are being too soft” 

 

“I told you so” - Heechul’s mother agreed - “You need to think in better ways of making him suffer or he will end up winning” 

 

“I never thought I could lose” - Leeteuk bit his lips. He had underestimated his rival - “I never thought he could be so...” 

 

“Stubborn? Playful? Naughty?” - Donghee tried - “You are playing a game with the master of games. It was obvious it wasn’t going to be easy...” 

 

“Geez, I had never seen Kim Heechul losing in these kind of things” - Mina sighed - “He always finds a way for winning...” 

 

“Even Gunhee and Hani tried going against him but it never worked” 

 

“Are you serious? Do you really think I will lose? I won’t” - Leeteuk shook his head - “He won’t get away with this one” 

 

Heechul did it again. He said a bad word and expected his punishment after Kangin accused him. 

 

“I will personally choose this one” - Leeteuk offered - “This one won’t be easy as the others” 

 

“Sure” - Heechul was being cocky - “Just Try” 

 

 

Heechul was about to die. He felt his world would end soon. He regretted the choices that ended dragging him there. 

 

“So? What’s the problem?” - Leeteuk folded his arms - “I’m waiting” 

 

Heechul stared at the glass he had in front. It looked like one of those healthy beverages people often drank when working out: a beverage that didn’t look tasty at all. 

 

“What did you put in there?” - Heechul swallowed his pride - “I’m scared” 

 

“Again, mostly veggies” - Leeteuk grinned - “You know, things like kale, onion, spinach, carrots...” 

 

“This thing looks horrible” - Heechul played with the glass as he felt his stomach getting upset - “How come is so thick and... yuck” 

 

“If you don’t drink it, you are getting punished twice” - Leeteuk smiled - “And of course, I would be choosing the next two as well” 

 

Heechul covered his nose and drank the full glass quickly. He did a disgusted face as soon as he finished it but still his pride was bigger. 

 

“Done” - Heechul looked at Leeteuk defiantly 

 

“Do you want more?” - Leeteuk teased 

 

“No... thanks” - Heechul remembered being thankful as he didn’t want to get scolded again - “I’m fine” 

 

“Hae likes juice~” - Donghae was drinking the leftovers of the healthy smoothie - “Yummy yummy” 

 

“I’m worried... his taste buds are wrong” - Heechul was still dizzy after having that drink - “That thing tasted like and—“ 

 

“You get a sanction” - Leeteuk pointed at Heechul using a toy wand - “You said a bad word” 

 

“You have to be kidding me, I’m still full” - Heechul sulked - “No more smoothies” 

 

“Fine” - Leeteuk agreed - “I have the right punishment for you” 

 

Heechul found himself cleaning his room. He was starting to believe Leeteuk had really thought about what he hated the most. First, a green healthy drink and now cleaning. He had to admit it: Leeteuk was giving him a hard time. Heechul rolled his eyes when the kids tried to help him and ended ruining his work. 

 

“I don’t see how worrying about your kid’s bowels isn’t something nice” - Heechul defended himself after earning another punishment for talking about ‘poop’ during lunch time - “Ryeowook didn’t poop yesterday” 

 

“We are having the twins’s birthday celebration today so don’t try anything stupid” - Leeteuk warned as he helped Heechul dressing the kids - “Please don’t make it harder” 

 

“I will behave” - Heechul did a funny face - “I promise. I wonder if he is going to make a big—” 

 

“Please” - Leeteuk was serious about it. He didn’t want to ruin the twins’s special day just because Heechul couldn’t behave for an hour - “Do it for the kids” 

 

Heechul tried. He really did. Everything was going well with the family birthday celebration until Mina spotted her two elder sons playing with a video game. 

 

“It’s just a game!” - Heechul got annoyed when the mother took the game away - “Why won’t you let them play? They were all  having fun!” 

 

“I want it back!” - Kangin was upset since the game was his - “Please! Please! I was just sharing it with them!” 

 

“Yeah, auntie” - Yesung also tried - “Pleaseee” 

 

“No” - Mina was firm about it - “They know they aren’t allowed to play with those” 

 

Kibum was annoyed. He liked the game and would have wished to keep playing it for a bit longer. Hangeng seemed pretty upset about it. 

 

“You never let us do anything fun!” - Hangeng protested - “You are always controlling us and telling us what to do!” 

 

“Because I am your mother!” - Mina was getting angry as her son kept talking back - “I said ‘No’ and period!” 

 

“Why won’t you let us play it?!” - Hangeng wasn’t going to stop - “Heechul uncle lets our cousins play with them and nothing bad had happened!” 

 

Heechul bit his lips so hard he ended tasting blood. He didn’t know what to say and Mina was already giving him that look. The look parents did when looking for allies. 

 

“Ehm... Well, for being fair” - Heechul tried - “I don’t let them play all the time. They can only do so on weekends and after finishing their homework” 

 

“Can’t we do the same?” - Hangeng asked his dad - “Daddy...” 

 

Donghee looked at Mina. She shook her head. 

 

“Sorry champ” 

 

“UGH!” - Hangeng walked away in a bad mood. Kibum followed his brother and ignored his parents calling him. 

 

“Those two are giving me a headache” - Mina was still in a bad mood - “I cant believe they choose times like these to misbehave” 

 

“Why won’t you let them play?” - Heechul asked. Leeteuk sighed. He was probably going to get in troubles - “Videogames aren’t that bad, you know? “ 

 

“I already decided they won’t be playing with those until they are at least 10” - Mina explained calmly - “I think young kids need to develop their own skills and abilities rather than playing with a fancy toy” 

 

“It’s not a fancy toy” - Heechul didn’t know when to stop - “They can learn a lot by playing those. Kangin learned to read better while playing those” 

 

“And you are proud of it?” - Mina seemed shocked - “If the kid has difficulties reading then make him read!” 

 

“Yeah but Kangin doesn’t like reading books” - Heechul replied  

 

The discussion turned into an argument the very moment Mina accused Heechul of being one of those parents that liked to spoil his children too much. The argument almost evolved into a fight when Heechul claimed that at least ‘he was loved’ . 

 

The birthday table was full of colourful decorations that didn’t match with the upset faces that sat around. Heechul, Mina and Donghee were still mad with each other while Hangeng, Kibum, Kangin and Yesung were still upset since their game ended abruptly. 

 

“Happy birthday to you~~~” - Heechul was doing his best to smile. The kids didn’t have the fault, he thought. 

 

Ryeowook and Kyuhyun were excited as they bounced in front of their big cake. The frosting had some missing parts as the triplets had poked it earlier, but still, the cake looked pretty. 

 

“Blow your candles” - Heechul was trying to get Ryeowook to blow his candles after Kyuhyun succeeded doing so - “Cmon, you can do it” 

 

Ryeowook struggled. Kyuhyun ended helping his twin and blowing the candles for him. Ryeowook got sad. 

 

“He wanted to do it himself, Kyunnie” - Heechul tried lighting the candles again - “Ryeowook, your turn” 

 

Ryeowook tried blowing up again. Nothing. 

 

“Can we eat the cake?” - Siwon was getting desperate just as any other kid - “He is taking too long” 

 

“Cmon, buddy” - Heechul felt pressured as everyone in the table looked at them - “You Can do this” 

 

Ryeowook wasn’t blowing hard enough. The shortest twin was used to do things ‘carefully’ and therefore didn’t want to use too much strength. The problem was, candles needed a good amount of air and Ryeowook would only blow a little enough to make it weaker. 

 

“This is so boring” - Kibum complained - “Can we go play?” 

 

Ryeowook pouted. He felt sad as he couldn’t do it and everyone seemed to be getting frustrated. 

 

“Ryeowook...” - Heechul worried when the shortest toddler refused to try again and just walked away defeated - “I think he got upset” 

 

“Wookie!” - Kyuhyun called his twin - “Wookie! Cawe!” 

 

Kyuhyun was trying to get his twin’s attention as he got a big piece of cake. He wanted to share it with him but Ryeowook seemed too upset to eat. 

 

“He doesn’t want to eat” - Heechul sulked - “He is just lying there... being sad...” 

 

“Just let him be” - Donghee sighed - “If you keep paying attention to his tantrums he will end overpowering you” 

 

“Yeah, Heechul, kids are like that” - Mina helped cutting the cake - “Ignoring him for five minutes won’t kill him. He just wants to get attention” 

 

“He is a toddler” - Heechul said bitterly - “Of course he wants attention” 

 

He didn’t know why, but Heechul found upsetting the fact his brother and sister in law could be so ‘cold’ towards the kid’s feelings. He was sure his boy was upset either because he couldn’t blow the candles before or because his tummy ached. 

 

“Nuh...” - Ryeowook whined the very moment Heechul went to carry him - “Wookie no gooo!” 

 

“Yeah, you are sitting with us” - Heechul sat the boy on his lap - “It’s your birthday! You have to be here eating cake” 

 

“Dun wanna!” - Ryeowook pushed away his piece of cake - “Nuh!” 

 

“Wookie...” - Kyuhyun was fully covered in cake. The tallest twin had been enjoying it - “Tazty...” 

 

“Hphm!” - Ryeowook turned his face away after Heechul offered a bit of cake - “No!” 

 

Ryeowook threw his spoon. Heechul saw Donghee rolling his eyes in a bothered way. That was it. He wasn’t going to allow that. 

 

“Do you have any problem?” - Heechul got angry - “He just turned two. It’s normal” 

 

“He is spoiled” - Donghee reached for the spoon - “My kids never did something like that” 

 

“Your kids—“ 

 

“Heechul” - Leeteuk warned. He didn’t want a conflict. He was sure Heechul was right this time but even so, starting a fight wouldn’t be good in any case. 

 

“Oh God, you are so messy” - Mina was trying to clean Kyuhyun’s hands - “Look at what you did” 

 

Kyuhyun seemed happy anyway. He giggled after seeing the mess his sticky hands did. Heechul’s mother was busy watching the triplets eat. 

 

Heechul’s bad mood drifted away. Seeing his parents being all lovely with his kids was enough for him. Also, most of the kids were having fun. Even his brother and sister in law were being good with the children despite their hard remarks on Ryeowook’s behaviour and Heechul’s parenting skills. 

 

“All parents are like that” - Heechul’s mother sat next to her son - “You will always get different opinions of how good you are. I remember that when you were young, people would often give me bad looks whenever you misbehaved. Family isn’t different. Sometimes your aunts would complain about how spoiled you were and how I lacked skills for being a mother” 

 

“Maybe they were right” - Heechul had teary eyes. He wouldn’t admit it, but he was hurt from the previous arguments - “Maybe I am not good enough. Not then, not now” 

 

“I think you are good dad overall” - The old lady smiled - “Your kids are sweet and caring. Of course there are still some things to get better at but.. the most important one it’s already done” 

 

“And that would be?” - Heechul didn’t have patience to think 

 

“They love you and they feel loved” - The old kissed her son - “For a parent, there is nothing more important than that” 

 

“Thanks” - Heechul really meant it. His mother’s words made him feel better - “Thanks, mom” 

 

“Now” - The old lady squeezed her son’s cheeks - “I don’t want more tears unless they are from joy. You will ruin my pictures if you cry. I want to see a big smile” 

 

Heechul smiled awkwardly. 

 

“I guess I will have to edit the pictures later” - the old lady teased - “How was it called? Photoshop?”

 

Heechul chuckled. His mother was right, it was not time for being sad or upset. 

 

“Mina, I—“ 

 

“Don’t say anything” - Mina shook her head - “I know. I also wanted to apologize for what I said. I was too mean with you and... I think I’m being unfair with the kids” 

 

“Really?” 

 

“I already took my decision” - Mina nodded - “I will let Hangeng keep the game you gifted him and... I will let them play with their cousins. It was a gift his favourite uncle made him and I think you did it with a good intention so...”

 

Heechul blinked really quick. Mina not only apologized to him but also hugged him. 

 

“Mother told me you got hurt” - Donghee was also apologizing now - “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to. I do think your boy is a bit spoiled but I guess every parent knows their children the best... and you are right he is only two” 

 

“Thanks” - Heechul smiled - “It means a lot” 

 

“Cheer up, your boys are having fun” - Donghee winked - “Dad is helping him” 

 

Heechul wasn’t sure of what he meant until He spotted Ryeowook clapping excited as his grandpa held him. 

 

“Alright buddy” - The old man was lighting candles in a piece of cake - “Here we go” 

 

Ryeowook tried again. Nothing. 

 

“What are you doing?” - Heechul found hilarious the scene - “Are you teaching him how to blow candles?” 

 

“We are getting better at it, right Wook?”

 

“Ung!” - Ryeowook tried again. Still nothing - “Nuh...” 

 

“You keep doing that weird dance” - The old man laughed - “Are you sure you don’t need to go potty? I think you drank lots of juice before” 

 

“Nuh~” - Ryeowook shook his head. He wanted to blow the candles. 

 

“Come here, Teuk will kill us both if you wet those clothes” - Heechul carried his son that kept pointing at the candles - “Just one last try before going potty ok?” 

 

Ryeowook nodded. He gathered all the air he could... and he sneezed. Good thing: the candles finally went off. Bad thing: he sneezed really hard. 

 

“Uh oh uh oh” - Heechul ran to the toilet at full speed - “We have a potty emergency!” 

 

Ryeowook was still scared by the time Heechul sat him on the toilet. 

 

“It’s ok, it wasn’t that much” - Heechul inspected the damage - “You only wet your undies a bit” 

 

They were lucky toddler underwear was padded and designed for keeping pants dry with little accidents. Ryeowook had lost control when he sneezed but he regained it quickly and avoided a full accident. The toddler was now relaxed singing a song while his tired dad waited for him to be done. 

 

“Are you done?” - Heechul found cute how Ryeowook often sang random songs when peeing - “We have a birthday party, boy” 

 

“Uhh~ no” -Ryeowook kept swaying his head as he sang 

 

“I dont hear you pee” - Heechul tried negotiating- “Let’s go back to your birthday party” 

 

Ryeowook giggled and shook his head. Heechul sighed. Ryeowook was going to stay there all time he wanted until he got bored of it. 

 

Ten minutes later, Heechul found himself getting sleepy. Ryeowook kept singing weird songs happily while playing with toilet paper. 

 

“Ryeowook... hurry up...” - Heechul yawned - “Lets go back to the party” 

 

“poop”

 

“Are you pooping?” - Heechul widened his eyes. Now he was wide awake - “Now?” 

 

“Ung~” 

 

Leeteuk suspected something was wrong when he couldn’t find Heechul. He was missing a young toddler so he assumed they were in a potty break or something, but they were taking too long. 

 

“Heechul? Are you in there?” 

 

“Yeah, come in” - Heechul sounded amused - “Ryeowook pooped “ 

 

“Oh” - Leeteuk didn’t know why Heechul was so excited- “But If he just—“ 

 

“I swear I still don’t know how he did that without crying” - Heechul was washing Ryeowook’s with a hand shower - “Thanks God he is potty trained” 

 

“I don’t want details” - Leeteuk teased as he helped the parent with the happy boy - “As long as he is fine—“ 

 

“He did a poop that was worth a Guinness record” 

 

“You are getting punished again” - Leeteuk sighed 

 

“I didn’t say a bad word” - Heechul teased - “And I didn’t lie. It was huge—“ 

 

“Enough” - Leeteuk covered his ears - “Don’t be gross” 

 

Ryeowook made sure everyone knew he pooped. He told everyone about it. Leeteuk understood kids usually shared things they didn’t know should be private but Heechul wasn’t different. The now proud parent ended being punished three times more after sharing facts about Ryeowook’s poop. By the fourth time Leeteuk caught him speaking about that, he decided a new punishment was needed. 

 

“Oh no, I swear I won’t ever mention it again” - Heechul was sweating - “I promise” 

 

“Nah, too late” - Leeteuk shook his head - “It can’t be undone” 

 

Heechul ended paying a high price for disobeying. When he was told he would get punished, he never expected Leeteuk to be so creative. He somehow had took for granted punishments would be easy to handle. He didn’t think about consequences. 

 

“I can’t believe you are taking us to an amusement park!” - Yesung was beyond excited - “You hate those places!”

 

“Yeah Well, that’s why it is a punishment” - Heechul sulked - “Can’t we just go somewhere else?” 

 

“No” - Leeteuk was happy - “Keep driving” 

 

“I really don’t like those places...” - Heechul pouted - “I didn’t think you could go so far”

 

“You earned it” - Leeteuk wasn’t going to let Heechul’s manipulation worked this time - “Next time think twice before going against what I say” 

 

“Dictator” - Heechul scoffed 

 

“OH MY GOD!” - Kangin jumped in his seat - “WE ARE GOING TO DISNEYLAND!” 

 

“Dizney?” - Kyuhyun asked as he looked out of the window - “MICKEY MOUZEEE!” 

 

“Oh boy, Kyuhyun already spotted Mickey” - Leeteuk found cute the big admiration the youngest twin had for Mickey Mouse - “He is so hap—“ 

 

Leeteuk stopped talking when he saw Heechul’s expression. He had seen Heechul being angry before but this time, he looked really mad. It was obvious he was trying to control himself and still his face showed discomfort. The babysitter wasn’t sure of the reason of why Heechul hated the idea of taking the kids to Disneyland so much. He often thought it was because the parent disliked outings and so,  but now, he started to believe there was something else. 

 

“If you try anything stupid, I’m grounding you” - Heechul told his kids while they headed to the entrance - “Don’t go separate from me ok?” 

 

The triplets were already jumping excited. They loved the place. Siwon was inspecting a cute map a lady gave him at the entrance. 

 

“I Wanna see cars” - Siwon pointed at the attractions- “Dad, let’s go see the cars, please” 

 

“Forget about cars~ let’s go play with Legos!” - Yesung was immersed looking at the big structures in front of them - “I wonder how much pieces—“ 

 

“If you wanted to see legos, then we should have gone to Legoland” - Heechul scoffed - “It would had been a better idea” 

 

Maybe the kids were too young to understand, but Leeteuk got the hint. Heechul’s problem was with Disneyland itself... not any amusement park. He wondered if it had to with the company or something. However, that wouldn’t explain why Heechul had no problem buying Disney’s toys. 

 

“Are you feeling well?” - Leeteuk even worried Heechul could be feeling unwell - “If you are feeling sick...” 

 

“I am not feeling sick” - Heechul sighed - “Just ignore me ok? You wanted this. Try to enjoy. It’s not like I will feel better if I ruin the visit” 

 

Leeteuk relaxed. Maybe Heechul was just bothered because of the punishment. The kids were having a blast.

 

“Ryeowook, is just someone dressed as Mickey” - Heechul was now smiling thanks to Ryeowook’s refusal of being hold by Mickey - “We won’t get a good picture if you keep crying” 

 

Otherwise, Leeteuk had a hard time trying to separate Kyuhyun from Mickey. The boy just couldn’t stop hugging him. 

 

“He is a big fan” - Leeteuk explained - “He watches the cartoons all the time” 

 

“MICKEYYY MICKEYYY” - Kyuhyun kept cheering as he saw all kind of stuff related to his favourite character- “MINNIE! DONADDDD!” 

 

“He is really happy” - Yesung laughed - “I have never seen Kyu so excited” 

 

“He loves it” - Kangin was also having fun - “We should come here again~ ” 

 

Heechul frowned. 

 

“Don’t you like Mickey Mouse? Everybody does it” - Leeteuk teased - “Maybe you are jealous of Minnie?” 

 

“I have always thought I am more like Donald” - Heechul sighed - “I think Donghae fell in love with Tinker Bell” 

 

Donghae was the type of kid that actually fell in love with all female characters available. The kid already had declared his love for the little mermaid, tinker bell, Cinderella, Snow White... 

 

“I want this” - Eunhyuk kept showing Heechul a doll - “Please~~” 

 

“Fine” 

 

Leeteuk was surprised. He didn’t expect Heechul buying all kind of stuff so easily. It seemed like if he couldn’t say No to the kids today. He feared that he could end spoiling them too much. 

 

“Another one?” - Leeteuk widened his eyes when Heechul returned with a happy Sungmin and his new plush - “Dont you think they already got enough toys for today?” 

 

“Why are you complaining? Disneyland was YOUR idea, not mine” - Heechul was obviously upset about it - “I wouldn’t have come here by myself” 

 

“Why are you so upset?” - Leeteuk couldn’t not pretend any longer - “You have been sulking all day” 

 

“Because... I don’t like this place ok?” - Heechul seemed frustrated- “So, I always thought I wouldn’t bring my children here” 

 

“Any particular reason?” 

 

Heechul shook his head.

 

“I’m sorry” - Heechul took a deep breath - “I just... please enjoy and don’t mind me. It’s stupid, I know... but this place...” 

 

Leeteuk decided that it was better to keep pretending until they were back home. At the mansion the kids were still really excited for their visit to the park and kept talking non stop about it. 

 

“Thanks for babysitting Henry” - Leeteuk was thankful for the fact Heechul’s family took care of the youngest - “I hope that we can take him with us next time” 

 

“Yes, he is growing up strong so maybe in a few months, it will be possible” - The happy old lady rocked the baby - “I cant wait for him to start walking” 

 

“Ehm, perhaps I should ask but... “ - Leeteuk gathered all his courage - “Do you know if Heechul hates Disneyland?”

 

“Thats... weird? But it could be” - Heechul’s mother seemed to be worried - “I remember that when he was young he was just like Kyuhyun. Then one day, he suddenly started rejecting everything related to it. I thought it had to do with the fact he was growing up but... I never understood why” 

 

“We used to go a lot to Disneyland” - Heechul’s father smiled - “Gunhee loved it and so did Heechul. It was always exhausting but the boys had fun” 

 

“So... you used to take him there?” - Leeteuk was now confused - “And he liked it?”

 

“Yeah but Heechul was really young back then” - Heechul’s father shuddered - “I’m not even sure if he remembers” 

 

“I think he was around four the last time we took him to Disneyland” - Heechul’s mother recalled - “I really don’t know why he stopped liking Disneyland. He was around eight by the time I realized he didn’t like Mickey Mouse that much” 

 

“He was actually turning eight” - Heechul’s dad made a funny expression - “I remember he got mad at us that year because we did a Mickey Mouse surprise party” 

 

“Yeah, he got so upset” - Heechul’s mother laughed - “Back then I got hurt because my boy was upset at me, but right now I even find it funny” 

 

“Thats indeed weird” - Leeteuk was sure Heechul’s parents were missing something - “Isn’t it strange that a kid starts rejecting something like that? I mean, he liked it before... what changed?” 

 

“Maybe you should ask him” - Heechul’s mother sighed - “I already tried having that conversation twice and both ended with him blaming it on me. I don’t deny it could be my fault but he could be a little more specific” 

 

 

Leeteuk found Heechul pretending he was asleep in his room. 

 

“I Can tell you are awake” 

 

“But kids can’t” - Heechul teased - “I need to rest. I’m tired. Disneyland was exhausting” 

 

“Speaking of which...” 

 

“Why it bothers you so much?” - Heechul hugged his pillow - “Look, I don’t like Disneyland but I’m fine. Why can’t I dislike it without you worrying about it?”

 

“I just wanted to make sure you didn’t get hurt” - Leeteuk confessed - “I regretted choosing Disneyland as punishment. I thought you disliked outings but I never expected you to hate Disneyland”

 

“I dont hate Disneyland” - Heechul shook his head - “It just makes me sad. That’s all” 

 

“Aren’t you going to tell me why?” - Leeteuk tried again 

 

“Do I have to? What did I do now to deserve this punishment?” 

 

“Its not a punishment” - Leeteuk sighed - “I’m just curious but nevermind, keep it to yourself” 

 

“Dad and mom used to take us to Disneyland” - Heechul started - “They stopped doing so after I turned four. I can’t remember those visits because I was too young back then” 

 

“So?” 

 

“There was a time all I wanted was my parents attention. A kid can’t understand why his parents won’t be there for taking him to school or take him to bed” - Heechul pouted - “I stopped seeing my parents in a daily basis when I was around five. By the time I was seven, you could tell I was ‘used to it’ but I still kept that silly hope that it would change. Father was out of town most of the time and mother was just busy running her company. I often dreamed that one day I would wake up and everything would change” 

 

“Yeah I know” - Leeteuk still got hurt every time Heechul mentioned it - “You said your parents were like that”

 

“So, one day, this silly seven years old me finds a photo album where there are pictures of him and his family in Disneyland” - Heechul smiled a bit - “and everyone looks so happy... that he thinks that maybe if he could get his family to go back there once, everything could be solved” 

 

“You thought...?”

 

“I was just seven... well, almost eight. Of course I thought it would solve it. I asked my parents for a Disneyland birthday party and... it didn’t happen as I expected” - Heechul still recalled that awful day - “I woke up with a note from my parents telling me they couldn’t make it on time and that I could go to Disneyland with my brothers” 

 

“Ouch” 

 

“It hurt me a lot. Because I still had that crazy idea that they would show up there and... they didn’t” - Heechul sighed - “I waited for them all day in Disneyland. Worst birthday ever” 

 

“Have you ever talked to them about it?” 

 

“Why would I? To make it worse those two showed up with a stupid surprise Disney themed party three days later” - Heechul scoffed - “I got mad. I thought it was a way of mocking me” 

 

“I’m sure they had good intentions” - Leeteuk felt sorry for Heechul - “They probably didnt understand at all what you wanted” 

 

“No, they didn’t”’- Heechul bit his lips - “They probably thought I just wanted a Disney party” 

 

“Maybe you should talk to them” - Leeteuk smiled sweetly- “It could help” 

 

“Are they going to take me to Disneyland now? I’m already too old for that” - Heechul teased - “It’s ok. I will survive... this is just  

One of all the things they did to me when I was young. I could write a book with all of them” 

 

“Sorry” - Leeteuk pouted 

 

“Why? It’s not your fault” - Heechul did a funny expression - “You know, if we were playing this game of punishments from side to side, I swear I would punish you for every single time you apologized for

Something you are not guilty for” 

 

“I guess it’s a good thing we are not playing like that” - Leeteuk giggled - “Next time, I promise I will think about punishments so they aren’t that bad for you” 

 

“I kinda liked being a frog” - Heechul joked - “And cleaning my room was awful but I finally found the sock I had lost” 

 

“What about the green smoothie?” 

 

“...” 

 

“Oh, so you didn’t like that One” - Leeteuk chuckled - “I will write it down for later. I could use one of those daily” 

 

“Daily?! Do you hate me that much?” - Heechul barked - “Definitely no! I won’t drink one of those “ty” drinks daily!” 

 

And that’s how Heechul ended drinking another full glass of the weird smoothie. 

 

Even a week after, he was still getting used to the taste. 

 

“I swear you ruined his taste buds” - Heechul stared at the toddler that gulped down a full glass of the healthy smoothie - “My kid will never be the same” 

 

“More! More!” - Donghae cheered with an empty glass - “Juice tasty!” 

 

“At least someone likes it” - Leeteuk giggled - “I was thinking that I could add ‘not drinking alcohol’ as a punishment” 

 

“I don’t drink that much” 

 

“Mrs Jung found an empty bottle of bourbon in one of the empty rooms” - Leeteuk lectured - “That’s not a good place for hiding it” 

 

“I just drink when I get stressed” 

 

“So... everyday?” - Leeteuk raised an eyebrow - “I will lock your bottles in a safe place. I want to guarantee your liver will last enough so you can take the kids to university” 

 

“Teuk” 

 

“Uh?” 

 

“There is a bottle in my office” - Heechul sighed 

 

“Uhm... sure?” - Leeteuk was surprised of the sudden change - “Thanks for being honest. Something else you want to confess?” 

 

“And a pack of those candies you hate” - Heechul twisted his lips - “and cheetos” 

 

As soon as Leeteuk was gone, Heechul walked to trash can and retrieved the empty bottle. He observed the label and smiled in a nostalgic way. 

 

———————————————————————

 

“Cmon! Drinking this amount the bottle will last ages!” - A young Heechul complained 

 

“It’s about enjoying it, not drinking it like one of those horrible party mixtures you throw up later” - Gunhee chuckled - “Cmon~ cheers” 

 

“Cheers~” - Heechul smiled - “For the best Dad ever” 

 

“We are still not expecting” - Gunhee sighed as he put down his glass - “In fact... I am starting to think there is something wrong with us” 

 

“Arent you going to drink that?” - Heechul asked - “Can I have it?” 

 

Gunhee took a deep breath and gave the glass to his brother. 

 

“You know, I would really like if you stopped drinking” - Gunhee spoke again - “Maybe one day, we could need your help” 

 

“For what? I already told you I don’t want to play with kids” - Heechul worried - “I will meet my future nephews/nieces when they are teenagers and want to drink behind your back” 

 

“Oh no you won’t” - Hani smacked his head - “Dont you dare” 

 

“I was thinking... that maybe someday you would be that cool uncle that took the kids to Disneyland” 

 

Heechul choked. He ended spitting half of his beverage. 

 

“Hey! Don’t waste it like that!” - Gunhee laughed - “Whats wrong? Was it too strong for you?” 

 

“D-Disneyland? Me? Your kids? Nuh Uh” - Heechul shook his head as he tried recovering from the impact- “Why would I take the kids to Disneyland?” 

 

“Or legoland”

 

“Nowhere!” - Heechul shouted scared - “I—I I’m not good enough to be around children! “ 

 

“For The best future uncle” - Gunhee teased 

 

“No!” 

 

The bottle ended in the floor. It broke in several pieces. 

 

“Uh oh” - Heechul lamented - “I’m sorry” 

 

“Oh man, that was one good bottle” - Gunhee sighed - “Do you really hate that idea so much? Being an uncle?” 

 

“Do I have to answer that?” - Heechul looked away - “I just...” 

 

A few days later, Heechul found himself ringing the door bell while holding a new bottle. He still felt guilty for what happened before. 

 

“Hey~ I brought a new bo— it’s everything alright?” - Heechul worried as soon as he saw Hani crying - “Hey, whats wrong?” 

 

Hani hugged him tightly. 

 

“Oh Heechul!” - Hani cried - “The results just came out!” 

 

“What...?” - Heechul was so confused when Hani explained it to him. He got so sad when he saw his brother being so depressed. He got even sadder when he realized he could never be an uncle.

 

———————————————————————-

 

“Hey” - Leeteuk woke him up from his daydreaming- “Are you ok?” 

 

“Yeah” - Heechul rushed to reply 

 

“Honey, you are holding an empty bottle like if it was a treasure or something” - Leeteuk sighed - “Are you sure you are alright?” 

 

“I... I took the kids to Disneyland” - Heechul had a hard time finding his words - “and I am a father now” 

 

“Alright...” 

 

“Teuk” - Heechul said calmly - “I know this is quite random... but thanks” 

 

“You’re welcome?”

 

“I love you” - Heechul hugged his friend tightly - “These weeks had been so much fun~~” 

 

“Eh... sure?” - Leeteuk was now uncomfortable as the kids kept glaring at him. Apparently, they were jealous of Heechul’s love display for their babysitter. 

 

————————————————————————————

 

Hi there ;__; vacations ended and now I probably won’t update that much. Thanks for all your sweet comments. You guys really make my day <3 Also, fighting to the ones that battle against their own demons. You are not alone. 

 

PS: thanks to my partner who is in charge of cleaning, fixing and providing wonderful ideas.