Uncle’s resolution

Junior Quest

(See? It was fun, wasn’t it?) Henry bounced excited as he clapped his hands 
 

“Kyuhyun looks green” - Donghae observed - “and I think Ryeowook is dead”

 

“T-they are probably just dizzy” - Leeteuk felt sorry as he was the one driving that morning. His driving skills were often a topic Heechul and Yesung loved - “I’m so so so so sorry” 

 

“I think it was fun” - Eunhyuk giggled - “It was like a roller coaster!”

 

“Oh God” - Leeteuk pitied the boys - “Lets take it easy, ok?” 

 

“Wookie... zurvived” - Ryeowook said as soon as his feet touched ground - “Wookie iz aliiiiiiiiveeeeee” 

 

“Don’t forget your backpack, Mr Alive” - Leeteuk teased - “Hold your brother’s hand while I help Henry” 

 

“Wookie! Hold my hand!” - Donghae was jumping excited - “Since I’m older than you~ I will protect you!”

 

(You should have done that earlier. Oh wait! Riiiiiiight. None of you CARE) Kyuhyun rolled his eyes 

 

(Kyunnie~ Are you in a bad mood?) Ryeowook giggled as he followed Donghae 

 

“I’m here!” - Leeteuk held the boys’s hands - “Man, I wonder how Heechul holds all your hands!”

 

(He doesn’t) all kids thought 

 

“Alright team! We made it safely! Now, since the triplets are big enough to walk to their classes by themselves, I guess I should accompany the little ones” - Leeteuk winked to Ryeowook. The toddler blinked back. 

 

(You did it with both eyes, silly) Kyuhyun chuckled 

 

(I wanna try it too!) Henry kept blinking like crazy 

 

(Ugh... not again) Kyuhyun pouted as soon as the teachers opened the door 

 

(Here we are...) Ryeowook was nervous 

 

“Kyu, go inside first~ there is something I need to discuss with Wookie” - Leeteuk gestured Kyuhyun to go. The boy waved goodbye reluctantly 

 

“Ukwee, Wookie...” - Ryeowook doubted. Was it right? Would he believe him? Nah, there was no way he would say it out loud. 

 

“Wook, listen” - Leeteuk placed both hands on the boy’s shoulders - “If you need help, call me. Ask a teacher to give me a call, ok? It doesn’t matter if you think is silly” 

 

“Kay” - Ryeowook agreed 

 

(I can do that. I will let you know if I’m sad) 

 

“Have a nice day, sweetie” - Leeteuk hugged the kid one last time before watching him go 

 

(WAIT! I KNOW THIS PLACE! THIS IS THE SO CALLED ‘SCHOO’ ! I WANNA PLAY TOO!) 

 

“Cmon, Henry! You still have to wait a lot more before you can come here!” - Leeteuk basically dragged the boy - “You are still a young toddler!” 

 

(I swear I saw kids younger than me there) Henry kept sulking while Leeteuk buckled his belt  

 

“You know something funny? Dad said he won’t bring you to daycare until you are four” - Leeteuk giggled - “Actually, he told me he planned to skip daycare with you” 

 

(WHAT? HELL NO!) 

 

“Nuuuuuh!” 

 

“Yeah, Heechul said it is because you are his youngest and you were extremely lucky” - Leeteuk played with Henry’s nose - “I think he is just scared you can get sick or hurt” 

 

(Where are we going now? Please don’t take me back home! I barely go out! Pleaaaaaaaaase... lets just forget about homeeeee) 

 

“Oh! That’s my phone!” 

 

(Ryeowook, already? Maybe Dada!) Henry was excited 

 

“It’s Donghee...?” - Leeteuk scratched his head - “I wonder if everything is alright... He says he wants to meet me?” 

 

(Who is that again?)

 

“I’m sorry Henry! It seems we need to go to your uncle’s place first!” 

 

(But... like... aren’t YOU my uncle? Can I have more than one? Really? I don’t get it) 

 

“Ukwee!” 

 

“Yes! Uncle!” - Leeteuk repeated amused - “Lets meet Donghee!” 

 

 

“So? What do you think?” - Donghee asked again as he held up high a dress for the future baby - “Cute?”

 

“Eh... I’m sorry, I don’t understand” - Leeteuk tilted his head - “You texted me saying it was important and... you want to talk about a dress?” 

 

“Right. I didn’t ask you to come for that...” - Donghee bit his lips - “ l just... I know you aren’t a Dad... yet, you are kinda like the best parent of us” 

 

“Ah?”

 

“Heechul is blood related to me but you are also my brother” - Donghee scratched his head. He couldn’t avoid flinching when he touched his now short hair - “Sorry. I’m still getting used” 

 

“You look good” - Leeteuk tried - “and I know we are brothers...?” 

 

“Uhum, and siblings support each other, right?” - Donghee smiled shyly- “Look, Teuk. I don’t want to waste your time, I gave you a call because as soon as Mina crossed that door I— I panicked. And I don’t want to be alone” 

 

“Oh” - Leeteuk giggled. Henry did some funny sounds - “It’s ok~ Henry loves being out anyway” 

 

“I know I haven’t been a very good brother... I barely call you... and I don’t pay you visits very often” - Donghee sighed - “My point is... Mina and I are going to be parents again and that kid is going to be your niece. Heechul is already whipped for the girl and... you know, I just wanted to make sure you understood that for us... You are our family too” 

 

Leeteuk smiled widely. 

 

“I’m not good with words” - Donghee shrank his shoulders - “So...”

 

Leeteuk hugged him. Henry cried annoyed. 

 

(NO ! NO! ONLY HENRY CAN HUG UNCLE!) 

 

The toddler was still trying to separate the adults when the door bell rang. Mina was home. 

 

“Hey~! I didn’t know you were coming today!” - Mina had her eyes fixed on the young baby boy - “Come here!”

 

“Mina... Henry is already heavy” - Leeteuk worried - “I don’t think you should carry him considered that you are—“

 

“I’m pregnant but not useless” - Mina stuck out her tongue - “Also, she is doing fine too” 

 

“That wasn’t what I said ...” - Leeteuk pouted 

 

“It’s ok~ I get it~ Donghee is giving me the same scolding all days. Your mother keeps telling me to rest and Hee— wait. This isn’t normal... where is Heechul?” 

 

“He couldn’t come. He went to pick the kids from summer camp” - Leeteuk explained - “He is very excited for your daughter, you know? He keeps talking non stop about how is he going to spoil her” 

 

“I never thought I would let Kim Heechul meet my daughter” - Donghee joked - “Years ago I would have hid her from him” 

 

“Momo is going to love his crazy uncle” - Mina was playing with Henry - “And his lovely uncle too” 

 

“Who?” 

 

“You are the lovely one, Teuk” - Mina giggled - “Momo is so lucky to have such a family!” 

 

“Momo!” - Henry chirped happily 

 

Mina clapped her hands excited. Donghee laughed. 

 

“That’s right, Henry! You are going to be such good friends!” - Donghee picked up his nephew - “Momo and you are going to have a lot of play dates!” 

 

“Her name is Momo” - Leeteuk repeated as a silly smile showed in his face - “Momo” 

 

“Uhm? Ah, Yes! We weren’t sure of how to call her but since we already have ‘Mimi’ the kids proposed Momo” - Mina laughed - “And I have to admit is cute” 

 

“Momo~ Uncle will spoil you lots~” - Leeteuk whispered softly to Mina’s belly - “Hurry up and grow up~” 

 

“She is kicking” - Mina smiled - “Wanna touch? It’s funny” 

 

Leeteuk felt warm. He had never felt that way. There was life growing inside Mina and it had a name now. 

 

“Momo!” - Henry shouted. He didn’t understand where she was, but he already wanted to play. 

 

(Momo, where are you? Are you going to be friends with me? Momo~ I think I will love you!) 

 

 

The toddlers were working hard during art class. All kids were making a mess mixing paint together and using their brushes where they shouldn’t. All of them but one. 

 

Ryeowook was skilled considering his young age. His movements were full of grace. The way he moved his paint brush made it look easy. 

 

(I think is coming out pretty well! Uncle is going to love it! Lots of flowers!) 

 

Then, his artistic instinct told him it was time to use a new technique to make it better. He had seen a teacher do it before. There were pieces of sponge cut it several shapes. He only needed to dip it in paint and then press it on—

 

“Oh no... You are doing it wrong” - The teacher stopped him - “Look at you... being weird all over again” 

 

(Why? I thought I was doing it just fine...) 

 

Ryeowook felt several eyes fixed on him. Many of the kids kept staring at the scene. 

 

“Ryeowook... You should use your brush this way” - The teacher made him hold the brush once again and forget about the sponge - “Good kids listen to their teachers and do as they are taught, ok?” 

 

(But Miss... I was just... why are you scolding me again? What did I do wrong? Am I bad?) 

 

“No undweztan” - Ryeowook admitted softly 

 

“Of course you don’t” - The teacher patted his head in a way that felt rather uncomfortable- “After all, baby genius is still a toddler” 

 

Kyuhyun had enough. He went to defend his brother using a brush full of paint. 

 

“Oh, poor you. It must be hard to have a sibling like Ryeowook, right? But hitting others is not good” - The teacher just carried Kyuhyun away - “You get a time out for misbehaving” 

 

(WOOK! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? ARE YOU GOING TO LET HER BEHAVE LIKE THIS AGAIN? WHY DONT YOU DO SOMETHING?!) 

 

“Wookie’s Ukwee—-“ 

 

“Wookie’s uncle will come when is time to go home” - The young teacher smiled to the kid - “Now, go back to... Uhm, whatever you were doing” 

 

(She is scary... ) Ryeowook sulked 

 

“Wook, you kay?” - A little girl asked him - “Wookie, Kay?” 

 

“Ung” - Ryeowook smiled softly. He didn’t want to worry the poor girl. He felt sorry some of his classmates seemed sad because of him. 

 

(WOOK YOU IDIOT!) Kyuhyun pulled his hair 

 

“Awe you zad?” - another boy asked him - “Mizz wa’ bad!” 

 

(I don’t like her but... Dada said I should respect my teachers) 

 

Ryeowook just shook his head and smiled again. 

 

“Letz pway” - Ryeowook held hands with his friends and decided to forget about what happened. 

 

Minutes later, Kyuhyun’s punishment ended when another teacher entered the classroom. 

 

“How come you always misbehave when I’m not around?” - this one was sweet - “My poor Kyu~ You are such a complicated boy” 

 

“No liwe her!” - Kyuhyun accused as he pointed at the other teacher - “Bad wi’ Wookie!” 

 

The teacher glanced at the shortest twin that seemed to be just fine. 

 

“But Ryeowook... is ok?” - She couldn’t understand- “are you sad because she scolded you?” 

 

(No! You have to believe me! She says mean stuff to Wook every single time you are gone!) 

 

“Whats going on?” - a third teacher entered the classroom - “Is Kyuhyun being naughty?” 

 

“He says he doesn’t like her. You know, the new one” 

 

“I don’t like her either” - The teacher teased - “She gets to play with my cute friends while I’m busy” 

 

Kyuhyun sighed. Adults were so clueless sometimes. 

 

It had been like that ever since that new teacher joined them a few weeks ago. Daycare ran out of personal during summer and they hired new people to help with the kids. The reason why no one had complained about her was because Ryeowook was the only kid that got “special” treatment. She wasnt as sweet as the other room teachers but she wasn’t mean to the kids... excepting Ryeowook. Kyuhyun only started getting in troubles after he decided to protect his brother. 

 

(Why won’t you do anything? You know that if you cried this would be way easier! Maybe another teacher would come and—) 

 

(I’m fine. I know there is people who doesn’t like me...) Ryeowook only offered his twin a shy smile 

 

(DONT YOU DARE. QUIT DOING THAT! You shouldn’t smile if you are feeling sad! Don’t be crazy!) 

 

(Kyu... lets just play. It’s not a big deal) Ryeowook tried to soothe his twin by rubbing his cheeks softly 

 

(Ain’t work—- waaah~ Feels so nice~) Kyuhyun finally gave up 

 

The twins were immersed in their own world when the teachers announced it was time for sport class. Kids loved it. At least most of them. 

 

“Wookie no wanna pway zpotz” - Ryeowook ran to hide behind his favorite teacher - “Pweaze hewp me!” 

 

“Oh sweetheart!” - the lovely teacher carried him right away - “it’s ok~ but I’m going out as well... If you want to stay here, you can stay with her” 

 

Ryeowook got scared the very moment that option was given to him. Alone? In a room with that woman? Definitely, not a good idea. What if she said mean things to him again?

 

“Wookie... wanna pway too” - Ryeowook sighed 

 

(I hate going out and losing in those stupid games but there is no way I’m staying here with her. She is too mean) 

 

“You changed your mind...? You are acting weird lately, cutie” - the teacher realized the kid was holding her apron very tightly - “Are you feeling well?” 

 

Ryeowook nodded. He was now scared the teacher could suspect he didn’t like her friend. 

 

“Want me to hold your hand?” 

 

(I would like to get hold...?) 

 

The teacher smiled sweetly when Ryeowook stretched his arms towards her. 

 

“Come here. Let’s search for your twin and have fun with all our friends” 

 

Kyuhyun chased after them. Before he left, he stuck his tongue at the mean teacher. He blushed when he realized their favorite teacher caught him in the act. However, she didn’t say anything. 

 

 

Leeteuk was daydreaming about the day Donghee would call him to announce the baby was born. He now understood Heechul. He was also so happy for it. 

 

“A girl” - Leeteuk giggled again - “Momo” 

 

“You have been acting like Heechul” - Mrs Kim teased - “I guess is contagious” 

 

“You are having a granddaughter, mom” - Leeteuk smiled - “arent you happy?” 

 

“Of course I am” - the old woman chuckled - “I only had boys” 

 

“Henry is also happy, right? You are going to be such a good cousin!” - Leeteuk lifted the baby 

 

(Yeeeeeeees! Up in the air! Fly higher! Higher!) 

 

“I wonder if Henry would like it” - Mrs Kim shook her head - “He is used to be the youngest” 

 

“I don’t think he is the jealous type” - Leeteuk kissed Henry’s head - “Well. He only complains if Heechul and I hug... or if I hold the twins and not him... and... yeah, maybe he could get jealous of her” 

 

(Jealous of who? Excuse me but my aunt’s fat tummy can’t win against my charm) 

 

“Hewy wuvz Ukwee!” - Henry displayed all his cuteness - “Kizz!” 

 

“Awwww” - Leeteuk hugged him 

 

(See? All I have to do is this and you are falling for me) 

 

 

“Where are they? Where are they? Where— MY BABIES!” 

 

“Oh crap, Dad is going to make a show” - Yesung covered his face using his cap - “Walk faster” 

 

“But I have to admit I missed him” - Kangin also covered his face - “You know something? I don’t care what others say. I will run to him and make him the happiest man alive!” 

 

“MY BABY!” - Heechul was so touched when Kangin ran to him. They hugged for a few seconds. 

 

“Are you crying?” - Kangin asked amused as Heechul rubbed his eyes and nose

 

“N-no... it’s just that... you... SMELL” - Heechul was trying to get a better view of the boy - “My heart feels better but my nose suffers” 

 

“I told you he wasnt showering well” - Yesung accused 

 

“MY BABY!” - Heechul hugged Yesung so hard he even lifted him - “Oh my! Oh my! I think you are even taller!” 

 

“Dad! Stop it! Everyone is looking at us!” - Yesung said amused. He wasn’t embarrassed as he expected. He actually was thankful for the fact Heechul was there for them. 

 

“OH MY” - Heechul was now inspecting Yesung’s mouth - “YOUR TEETH!” 

 

“Ah yeah~ No big deal” - Yesung waited for that moment- “They are a little bit big for my taste but better than not having—“

 

“YOUR TEETH GREW WHILE YOU WERE AWAY FROM ME” - Heechul was shocked - “I MISSED IT!” 

 

“We took a lot of pictures” - Kangin smiled - “We can show you once we get home” 

 

“And once we get home, you are taking a bath” - Yesung urged - “Please” 

 

“Batman is going to flinch” - Heechul teased - “Make sure of hugging Teuk as well. I want to document his face” 

 

“Let’s get going then” - Yesung stretched - “Feels good to be back” 

 

“Kangin... something moved...?” - Heechul observed the boy’s backpack. He tried to lift it but he was sure something moved inside - “Did you check it well? Maybe some weird animal got inside...” 

 

“Nah. It’s nothing” - Kangin retrieved his bag - “Did you miss us?” 

 

“Of course I did!” - Heechul Carried both suitcases - “We all missed you” 

 

 

“I didn’t miss Yesung at all” - Sungmin yawned - “Sometimes I forgot we had an older brother” 

 

“Yeah... can’t believe they are coming back today” - Eunhyuk giggled - “Do you think they missed us?” 

 

“Who? Yesung and... Ah! Kangin!” - Donghae face palmed himself - “Ugh... I’m not sure. I don’t think so” 

 

“Did we miss our call? The babies are out” - Sungmin was still half asleep - “Teachers must be worried for us” 

 

“Minnie is right... Look! Over there! Wookie and Kyunnie are going to play now!” - Donghae chirped - “Can we see?” 

 

“Let’s skip class” - Eunhyuk laughed 

 

“Let’s skip what?” - A teacher heard them - “I have been looking for you! Recess time is over... We all went back to the classroom” 

 

“Uhmmm” - Donghae pouted - “Twins are out” 

 

“Do you want to spy on your baby brothers?” - the teacher found it cute and funny 

 

“Yes!” - Sungmin nodded as his sleepiness drifted away - “Wookie never plays sports!”

 

“That’s... strange” - Eunhyuk made a funny expression - “Why is Wookie playing?” 

 

Truth to be told, Ryeowook had no intentions to participate in any game he considered stupid and tiring like chasing after a ball using his feet. 

 

(Soccer ) the toddler sighed as he stood in the same place again. He had no interest in kicking the ball. 

 

Kyuhyun, otherwise, chased after the ball like the others. He kept running from side to side getting incredible sweaty in just a few minutes. 

 

“Arent you going to play?” - A teacher asked him - “Want me to help you?” 

 

“Ehm... Wookie liwez diz way” - Ryeowook twisted his lips - “Ju’z wachin’ “ 

 

“Man, you are so funny” - The teacher laughed as he ruffled the boy’s hair - “Can’t believe you are just two years old!” 

 

Ryeowook smiled. This teacher was one in charge of gymnastics. He was always nice to him despite Ryeowook failing half of the time. The other half, he was climbing in his back crying and asking him to return to the classroom. 

 

“Look Wook! You are going to love this!” - the teacher was back holding a hula hoop for toddlers and one for adults - “See? This one fits you well! It’s your size!” 

 

(What’s this colorful ring? I think the triplets have played with something similar... like... this?) 

 

Ryeowook tried to imitate what he saw his brothers doing once. However, results were completely different. The hoop didn’t spin around his waist but ended in the ground. 

 

“No wowkin’ “ - Ryeowook pouted - “Wookie zuckz” 

 

“Buddy, that was AWESOME!” - the teacher was very pleased to see Ryeowook at least had tried - “I bet that you will be doing it perfectly In no time!” 

 

(Thanks but... truth to be told, I do . Why you keep encouraging me if this is heading nowhere? It’s always like that... I think I shouldn’t try doing this type of stuff...) 

 

“Should we try again? Together?” 

 

(You won’t take a no, would you?) Ryeowook sighed softly 

 

The first time he managed to do a full spin, Ryeowook jumped from joy. He got terrible excited. His happiness called the attention of the kids that were once focusing in chasing a ball. 

 

“Kyu too! Share pwease!” - Kyuhyun was asking him for the hula hoop- “Teach me!” 

 

“Me too! Me too!” 

 

“Wookie pweazeeee!” 

 

“Wookie so cool!” 

 

Ryeowook was crowded. His whole class was surrounding him. He felt so lucky. 

 

(Look! I do it this way!) 

 

Another full spin. He knew his brothers could do several spins at one time but he didn’t care. 

 

“WOAAAAH” - the toddlers clapped their hands and cheered. For toddlers, that was truly cool. 

 

Ryeowook was having a blast. He continued to have fun with his hula hoop while the others kids practiced with the teachers’s help. 

 

(This is FUN. Can’t believe I didn’t want to try it! Look it goes this way and— Uh oh) 

 

“Why are you smiling so much? You can barely make one spin well” - the mean teacher scoffed - “You need to practice harder” 

 

Ryeowook’s heart broke. His happiness was taken from him. 

 

“I think you aren’t that smart, right?” 

 

Ryeowook remembered what Kyuhyun said. Maybe his twin was right and if he cried another teacher would come and help him. 

 

(I do want to cry... but... is not working?) 

 

Ryeowook hesitated. If he cried, teachers would console him but there was a chance they could misunderstand and called his dad. What if Heechul showed up at daycare? What if they called Leeteuk? He didn’t want to cause troubles. 

 

“W-Wookie no liwe you’ !” - Ryeowook gathered all his courage to confront the teacher. 

 

The teacher just laughed and shook her head. Ryeowook felt lost. He didn’t know what to do. 

 

“Ryeowook? Honey, what are you doing here?” - His favorite teacher was behind him - “Did you separate from the group?”

 

(Ugh... maybe. I was too busy playing and I didn’t notice...) 

 

“Are you ok? You look sad” 

 

(I look... sad? No, no. I’m fine) 

 

Ryeowook smiled. He offered the hula hoop to the teacher. 

 

“Don’t you want to play more? I was told you were really good at it!” 

 

(Why are you so different? Why are you so good to me? I feel like I don’t deserve it...) 

 

Ryeowook’s gloomy face said it all. It was enough to the teacher. 

 

 

“Uh? It’s from daycare!” - Leeteuk was actually expecting that call - “Mom! I have to go!” 

 

“I will take care of Henry, Don’t worry!” 

 

(WHAAAAAAT! NO! TEUK! CHEATER! DONT LEAVE ME HEEEEERE! GRANDMA IS GOING TO TORTURE ME!) 

 

“NUUUUUH!” - Henry tried to run after his uncle. Too bad. He had short legs. 

 

“Let’s see who needs a bath!” 

 

(Not again!) Henry refused to get caught. He hated taking baths. And showering. And basically anything that involved getting clean. 

 

 

“Where is—“ 

 

“He didn’t call you” - the teacher was waiting for him outside - “I did. I found your number attached to his backpack and I saw you today when you brought the kids” 

 

“Oh” - Leeteuk was confused - “Why did you call me?” 

 

“Because I may be innocent but I’m not stupid” - The teacher twisted her lips - “I have met Ryeowook for a few months and I know he is a very special child. He was cheerful and smiled all time. Now... he is too quiet and I don’t like what I see” 

 

“We don’t know what’s going on...” - Leeteuk admitted - “We think someone said mean things to him and he got hurt but... we have no clue. Heechul is also confused” 

 

“He doesn’t cry” - the teacher sighed - “He doesn’t tell me if he feels sad. He lies to us and pretends he is well. Most toddlers don’t do that... I’m worried” 

 

Leeteuk felt warm. The woman that seemed to be only a couple years younger than him was speaking with honesty. She seemed to be affected about the situation. She cared about the boy. 

 

“I don’t know what’s going on” - The teacher shook her head - “I just want him to be happy. Please tell me if you need anything...” 

 

“Is this...?” 

 

“My number” - The teacher blushed - “Dont get the wrong idea. I just love the twins, ok? Also, Mr Kim already has my number too so...” 

 

Leeteuk nodded. He was still in awe. 

 

“Can you take them home, please?” - The teacher sighed - “I really think Ryeowook is having a hard time here” 

 

“S-sure... thanks for letting me know” - Leeteuk was thankful someone cared so much for the twins - “I will go look for them” 

 

(WHAT IS HE DOING HERE? KYU!) 

 

(I swear it wasn’t me, Wook. But I’m glad he came! Maybe uncle can take us away from that witch!) 

 

(But... she is coming back on Monday, right?) 

 

(I’m gonna cry. WHY CANT SHE JUST LEAVE?!) 

 

“Kyunnie~ Wookie~” - Leeteuk approached the twins - “Its time to go home~ Yeye and Ginnie are coming back today!” 

 

(YAY!) 

 

“Let’s pick up your stuff and go, ok?” - Leeteuk was helping the twins to pack when he got stopped - “Dont you want to take it home? Dada will love it! It’s too pretty!” 

 

Ryeowook stared at his art and shook his head. It wasn’t good. That teacher was mean, but maybe she was telling the truth. 

 

“No Pwetty” 

 

“Wook, I think is beautiful” - Leeteuk smiled as he inspected the cute art - “You even did the petals with your finger right? And this chubby bee is just like the one you have at home!” 

 

Ryeowook could heard those words echoing in his head “Is that a bee? I thought it was a yellow fly, sorry” 

 

“No” - Ryeowook refused to take that home. He didn’t want to disappoint Heechul. His dad always praised his art. He could live with the teacher being mean to him but receiving criticism from his dad would kill him. 

 

“Is gonna take it anyway” - Leeteuk sighed - “I love it. I’m gonna put it on the fridge” 

 

Ryeowook got so flustered he cried. Leeteuk was having a hard time trying to decipher Ryeowook’s mind. He felt unwell leaving daycare with a crying child. 

 

“Twipewz!” - Kyuhyun pointed at the triplets’s classroom - “No twipewtz?”

 

“Not now... There is still some classes left. We are going back home earlier because... because Henry is feeling lonely” - Leeteuk hated the fact he was terrible at lying. He was sure even the kids could lie better - “and Dada wanted you to be home when Yeye and Gin arrived” 

 

“ uh... ok” - Kyuhyun nodded.

 

(Sounds like bull but I’m buying it) 

 

“Oh! Aren’t those Wookie and Kyunnie?” - A woman stopped by as soon she spotted them - “Why are you leaving early today? Are you also sick?” 

 

“N-no, they are just...” - Leeteuk didn’t know what to say. The woman just smiled. The babysitter was about to continue walking when the woman called him. 

 

“Wait” - The woman took deep breath - “You are their caretaker too, right? I planned having this conversation with Mr Kim but... I think I can’t wait” 

 

“Uh?” - Leeteuk was clueless 

 

“Boys, why don’t you go play over there?” - The woman took the kids to little park - “Play here while I talk to your uncle, ok?” 

 

(Isn’t her... you know) 

 

(Yeah, I think so!) 

 

“Did the kids do something to... ehm...” 

 

“Luna” - The mother smiled - “No. She is very good friends with them. She likes to play with the twins and you know... She talks a lot” 

 

“Oh... for a moment I thought the twins have done something wrong” - Leeteuk relaxed 

 

“Lately, Luna have been telling me about how Ryeowook is always ‘sad’. At first, I didn’t give it too much importance since kids are kids. But turns out, Luna have been starting to act out too. She now calls me all time telling me she is feeling ‘sick’ when she is not. When I asked her why was she behaving that way... she told me it was because she felt hurt watching Ryeowook getting hurt” - the mother made a pause - “and when I asked her who was hurting Ryeowook... She gave me a name. The name of the new teacher” 

 

Leeteuk paled. A new teacher? Unbelievable. He didn’t think of that. He didn’t even consider it because all the boys had good teachers. And Ryeowook was a TODDLER. Who would dare hurting a child? 

 

“I don’t know if you are going to take it well... the fact some outsider is... ‘getting’ in your life and the boys’s life but... I’m a mother too. And I thought that you and Mr Kim needed to know what was going on. I’m sorry for taking your time I—“

 

“THANK YOU” - Leeteuk bowed - “I-I don’t know what to say. I never thought it could be happening something like that... I just... Could you me a favor? Could you look after the kids for a while?” 

 

“All you need, sweetheart” - The woman smiled - “Go get her” 

 

 

Leeteuk took a deep breath before getting inside the classroom. He was mad. No teacher was going to mess with his nephew. Not in his watch. 

 

“Can I have a moment with you, please?” - Leeteuk was basically demanding it. He could feel how all the other teachers stared at them - “You and I need to talk” 

 

“Mr... ehm”

 

“ Kim” - Leeteuk urged - “Ryeowook and Kyuhyun’s uncle” 

 

“Mr Kim. I’m afraid I’m too busy now and well... I seriously don’t think we have anything to discuss” 

 

“Yes we have” - Leeteuk’s voice was sterner than usual - “I don’t know what you did to my boy but whatever you told him is affecting him. I won’t let you get away with it” 

 

“Mr Kim, I don’t think this is the proper place to discuss it” - the young woman rejoiced. She was actually having fun - “If you have any complaints about my way of doing my job, then go ahead and leave your opinion in the—“

 

“I WONT GO HOME JUST LIKE THAT” - Leeteuk raged - “I JUST CANT!” 

 

“Then do as you please. But I’m not going anywhere with you. Don’t yell. You will scare the children”

 

Leeteuk stormed inside the principal’s office. If the teacher wasn’t going to give him a proper response, then her superiors should. 

 

“...again, I’m sorry” - the man apologized as Leeteuk tried to cool down - “But I cant just fire a teacher because the uncle of some kids thinks they are being—“

 

“I don’t ‘think’ they are being mistreated. I’m sure” - Leeteuk warned 

 

“Do you have proof?” 

 

“Our kids—“ 

 

“Kids aren’t reliable” - The man sighed - “They could be just making out the whole story to gain attention. Maybe the teacher scolded them and they decided to act out” 

 

“They are toddlers” - Leeteuk shook his head - “and they are very well educated. I don’t think is a coincidence Ryeowook started to feel that way after that new teacher joined his class” 

 

“Fine. I can offer to you a change of classroom for the boys and full supervision for the new teacher until her innocence is proved” - the man pitied the poor uncle. Somehow he could feel he was distressed- “In case you are still not happy, you can always change the kids to another centre. I myself could find you a new daycare” 

 

“That’s not...” - Leeteuk cursed internally. No. The boys loved their daycare. And so did the triplets... it didn’t make any sense to change them if they were just fine before that woman’s arrival. Also, changing the twins to another classroom could be confusing for the boys that already loved their classmates and most of the teachers. 

 

(What would Heechul do? Think like him. Right now you are the only that can protect them... but you need to be smarter, Leeteuk. Heechul is the smartest person I have met... He would have come with a solution if he was here...) 

 

Leeteuk’s mind raced. He could take any decision knowing that Heechul wouldn’t get mad at him but it wasn’t the parent’s criteria what worried him. He wanted the twins to be happy. He wanted justice for Ryeowook. 

 

(Should I call Heechul? No... there is no way Heechul would act reasonable if he learned one of his kids was harassed by a teacher. He could even get the boys expelled if he started a show there. I was about to do it...) 

 

Leeteuk was still thinking about his answer when he spotted the twins playing together. Ryeowook was laughing out loud while Kyuhyun chased him. 

 

“Mr Kim...?” 

 

“Could you give me a few minutes, please?” - Leeteuk stood carefully. It would be his first time trying something like that... - “There is something I need to do” 

 

(Try to act like Heechul! Act cool!) 

 

Leeteuk walked out of the office and took deep breathe. It was now or never. 

 

(How much have I learned from you?) he thought one last time. 

 

 

Heechul was surprised to find all his kids back home by the time he arrived with the older duo. 

 

“UNCLE!” - the kids ran to Leeteuk - “We missed you!” 

 

Leeteuk seemed nervous. He smiled to the boys and did wrinkle his nose when he got to sense Kangin’s smell. 

 

“How many times you actually showered?” - The uncle was now pulling his ear - “I’m sure your answer won’t fit the number of days you were gone” 

 

“How you know?” - the boy laughed 

 

“YAAAAAY!” - the twins ran to meet their older siblings - “YOU BA’ !!” 

 

“I brought you something!” - Kangin chirped excited - “Here. Take a look!”

 

Ryeowook laughed hysterically when a frog popped out of Kangin’s backpack. Heechul laughed too. He then stopped when he thought Leeteuk would scold them for that. Surprisingly, the babysitter was just laughing as well. 

 

“Very nice, Kangin. I’m sure they loved it” - Leeteuk caught the poor frog - “But this friend doesn’t belong here~” 

 

“Is froggy going to live in our backyard too?” - Donghae asked cutely 

 

“Now go shower” - Leeteuk instructed - “Both of you. I’m glad you are back” 

 

“Uncle look” - Yesung smiled widely - “I got my teeth!” 

 

“You look even better now! So handsome!” - Leeteuk smiled back - “Make sure of being nice to them~ These are permanent and should last all your life”

 

“I will brush them well! But first I will say hi to Donnie!” 

 

“Aren’t you going to say hi to me?” - Eunhyuk complained - “I waited for you!” 

 

“Who are you again?” - Yesung tried to make fun of the triplet - “Hae...? Uhmmm no.. wait” 

 

“THIS IS NOT FAIR!” - Eunhyuk stomped his feet and ran to Yesung’s room - “LETS SEE IF YOU REMEMBER WELL AFTER I KIDNAP DONNIE!” 

 

“YOU CANT DO THAT!” 

 

“LOCK THE DOOOOOR!” - Donghae shouted when he saw Yesung approaching - “Minnie run fast!” 

 

“Aren’t you going to say something?” - Heechul raised his eyebrows as Leeteuk remained calm after such scene - “You are—“

 

“We need to talk” - Leeteuk dragged his friend to the kitchen - “Take a sit, please” 

 

“Ok... what did I do now?” - Heechul was beyond worried. Leeteuk was acting strange - “Did something happen?” 

 

“It’s not what you did... It’s something I did” - Leeteuk gulped down - “I found out the culprit of Ryeowook’s problem and I tried to fix it myself. It was the new teacher that joined this summer... she apparently said things that weren’t nice to—“

 

“IM GOING TO KILL HER” 

 

“Sit, please” - Leeteuk tried his best - “I’m not done yet” 

 

“Sorry” - Heechul’s blood boiled - “Can’t believe someone could hurt a toddler like that!” 

 

“I went to talk to her... and she wasn’t very receptive...” - Leeteuk closed his eyes - “So I went to the principal’s office and had a talk about him and our boys’s wellbeing...” 

 

“Did they get expelled? No, wait. You decided to leave... is that so? No matter what had happened I know you tried your best!” - Heechul was nervous - “I will support you with whatever you chose! I think you are super smart when it comes to kids and—“

 

“Heechul...” - Leeteuk sighed - “When I was there all I could think of was that I wasn’t you and that you would definitely handle that crisis better... if your head wasn’t busy thinking in ways to torture that teacher” 

 

“You tried... to think like me?” - Heechul paled - “Oh no. Are you going to jail? Did you kill the teacher?” 

 

“I bought the daycare” 

 

“Oh, well, that is—- YOU WHAT?” 

 

“I know! I know! I’m so sorry!  I used most of the money I have earned working for you and... I’m so so so sorry! It seemed like a good idea and now I think is not—“

 

“TEUK THATS AMAZING!” - Heechul was actually impressed - “You are brilliant!” 

 

“Do you think so?” - Leeteuk asked carefully - “I have no idea if it will be a waste of money... I have no clue of how to run business and... Help me, please? You are my brother?” 

 

“Of course I will help you” - Heechul giggled - “Wow... congratulations, brother! You are now the owner of a cute daycare!” 

 

“Right...” - Leeteuk blushed - “It was kind of my dream when I was young... Of course, things happened differently from what I pictured” 

 

“Did you picture me throwing a party for you?” - Heechul teased 

 

“You know... one of the reasons I didn’t give up was because that place is somehow special to me” - Leeteuk smiled shyly- “I got sad just thinking we could be leaving” 

 

“Well, the kids love it... And all our kids have been students there so~” 

 

“N-no... It was the place where we met” - Leeteuk was calm - “It’s very special to me” 

 

“Oh Teuk!” - Heechul was already holding a napkin ready to cry when he remembered- “Wait. What did you about...” 

 

“Oh that was wonderful” - Leeteuk rejoiced - “It felt really nice” 

 

 

—————- [ one hour ago ] —————

 

“Mr Kim, I already told you I have nothing to discuss—“ 

 

“You are fired” - Leeteuk smiled softly- “Please make sure of taking all your stuff with you” 

 

“Excuse me but a relative of the kids  can’t fire a teacher” - The teacher laughed - “I’m not leaving” 

 

“I don’t think you are right. You see... I didn’t come here as the uncle of the kids but the owner of this daycare” - Leeteuk grinned - “I’m sort of your boss, now. Well, ex boss” 

 

“W-what?” 

 

“You already heard me” - Leeteuk cleared his throat - “ You are fired” 

 

The woman stayed there dumbfounded. 

 

“Before you leave... there is something else you need to do. You see, Ryeowook deserves an apologize” - Leeteuk gulped down. He was a little nervous. It was his first time acting ‘cool’ - “If you refuse I’m writing a report about you to the authorities. You won’t be teaching any kid again” 

 

“It’s not fair!” 

 

“You messed with the wrong toddler, yeah” - Leeteuk hissed - “But just for the record: you shouldn’t be mean to any toddler. Bright or not” 

 

Ryeowook was scared. He didn’t understand why his uncle would insist in standing in front of that scary woman. 

 

(I don’t wanna be around her! I wanna go back home! Uncle...) 

 

“Ryeowook... I...” - the woman looked at Leeteuk - “I’m sorry. I said mean things to you and it wasn’t right. I apologize for what I did and I hope you will forgive me” 

 

She didn’t feel that way. She was just saying what Leeteuk wanted her to say. Still, Leeteuk thought it was better than nothing. 

 

(Uh? That’s weird. But If you say so...?) 

 

“Uh... kay” - Ryeowook nodded. He wasn’t sure of what was going on but it didn’t feel that bad. 

 

The bad teacher got shocked when Ryeowook walked towards her and hugged. The toddler didn’t have any resentment towards her... and it hurt. It hurt realizing how innocent the kid was. 

 

“Fwiendz?” - Ryeowook asked curiously 

 

“Uh... sure...” - The woman was too touched. She felt like the worst human being - “But I’m leaving, ok? I won’t come here again. So... goodbye” 

 

“Bye~” - Ryeowook waved shyly 

 

(So weird. She apologized and then say she would leave...? Anyway. That means everything is going back to normal, right?) Kyuhyun felt triumphant as his enemy was now walking away. 

 

Leeteuk stood there feeling victorious. The principal was sweating a lot.

 

“If you plan to keep this job better think twice before saying my nephew is a liar” - Leeteuk whispered to the man’s ear - “Also, starting today, I will personally evaluate all teachers hired” 

 

The man just nodded. 

 

(Uncle is so cool!) Kyuhyun chuckled 

 

—————- [ Back to the present ] ——-

 

“HAHAHAHAH” - Heechul was having a great time with Leeteuk’s story - “TEUK THAT WAS AWESOME” 

 

“I don’t know. I feel like I wasn’t me. I tried to act like you but I’m afraid I turned out a lot worse than I expected” - Leeteuk blushed - “I never thought I could fire someone... to consider myself intimidating...” 

 

“Anyway~ I’m guessing that from now on you will have tons of work to do!” - Heechul said cheerfully - “I will teach you the basics about running a business but managing the daycare is your own thing. I don’t think I have any idea when it comes to that stuff” 

 

“I just need help with the papers and legal stuff” - Leeteuk puffed his cheeks - “I will study hard... I promise!” 

 

“I know you will~” - Heechul smiled sweetly- “Lets do it well, ok?” 

 

The adults were interrupted by a shy toddler that seemed to want to be noticed. 

 

“What’s that, buddy?” - Heechul clenched to see what was Ryeowook holding - “Awwww! It’s from art class, right? You did it today, isn’t it?” 

 

(Do you think is good? Don’t you think is ugly?) 

 

“You know... I can’t put it on the fridge” - Heechul pouted 

 

(Not good enough. I see... She was right...) 

 

“BECAUSE IM GONNA FRAME IT AND MAKE SURE EVERYONE SEES IT” - Heechul ran away holding Ryeowook’s art 

 

(What...?) 

 

“You see?” - Leeteuk ruffled the boy’s hair - “I told you it was pretty and that he was going to love it” 

 

Ryeowook smiled a bit. He nodded and went back to drawing. He was trying to draw the frog Kangin got him... but then it happened. Maybe she wasn’t there but her words were. He could heard her saying it wasn’t good enough. He could heard her saying it was ugly. 

 

(Wook? Are you ok?) Kyuhyun worried when he saw his twin was frozen while staring at his own drawing. 

 

(It’s... it’s not good...) Ryeowook dropped the crayon he was holding.

 

(Wook? Hey... Are you listening to me?) Kyuhyun tried again. His brother was acting weird. 

 

(No one should see this) Ryeowook ripped apart his own drawing. He made sure no one could see it by tossing the little pieces in the trash. 

 

Kyuhyun saw it all. The tallest twin could feel it: their nightmare didn’t end the moment that woman left their lives. What she have done couldn’t be fixed it that easily. 

 

(I’m not good at anything...) Ryeowook laid on the cold floor. He wasn’t feeling well to play. 

 

 

“I CANT BELIEVE YOU DIDNT CHANGE CLOTHES AT ALL!” - Heechul was chasing after Kangin - “YOU ROTTEN BRAT!” 

 

“Cmon! I’m a boy! It makes total sense!” 

 

“BEINT DIRTY IS NOT A GENDER THING!” - Heechul shouted - “HOW COME YOU THOUGHT NOT SHOWERING WAS A GOOD IDEA?” 

 

“What’s going on?” - Leeteuk found it interesting- “He was fine minutes ago” 

 

“He just learned Kangin didn’t change his underwear in a long time” - Yesung got the chills 

 

“Oh...” - Leeteuk was sure that then, they should burn that pair of undies just in case - “That’s gross” 

 

“Did something interesting happen while we were away?” - Yesung asked playfully - “I mean, apart from the fact you didn’t keep your promise and the triplets played in MY room” 

 

“Well, your cousin has a name. Momo” 

 

“Cute” - Yesung smiled 

 

“And I think I met your aunt, Heeyeon- Leeteuk scratched his head - “oh! And I bought the daycare! Now I—“

 

“Wow ow ow ow” - Yesung shook his head and hands - “Hang on. Who? Auntie have been avoiding this house for a loooong time!” 

 

“Well, technically she didn’t come here so...” 

 

“I can’t go out” - Yesung sighed - “Obviously, you guys can’t live without me. Everything is a chaos if I’m not around” 

 

“Ah?” - Leeteuk tilted his head. Yesung was definitely something else - “Excuse me, but kids do wash during my watch” 

 

“True” - Yesung chuckled - “Feels nice to be home” 

 

“Welcome back, Honey” - Leeteuk winked 

 

“WAAAAAAH! He is here!” - The triplets crashed with each other as soon as they spotted Yesung 

 

“HEY! COME BACK HERE! YOU STILL HAVENT APOLOGIZED FOR THAT MESS!” - Yesung chased the silly trio 

 

“After all you are one of them too~” - Leeteuk giggled. The babysitter was feeling happy. He was walking to get Henry out of his crib when he felt someone pulling his sleeve. 

 

“Uncle” - Kyuhyun’s eyes said it all. It was too soon to claim victory. 

 

—————————————————————————

 

Hi there~ Short update ! >< Couldn’t wait to update it... I miss you all (?) I have two test on Monday :) hopefully we will read each other next week (maybe around weekend) 

 

PS: Don’t worry about Ryeowook he has a very nice family that cares about him. Kyuhyun is growing up a lot ^-^ 

 

 

Disclaimer: I know it may feel like it’s impossible to have such a teacher in daycare but trust me, they do exist. And is truly hurting to see how children suffer in silence.