October 19XX

The last (Love) Letter

 

 

16 October 19XX

 

Dearest Jihoon-ah,

 

It really isn’t your fault. And I would repeat it as many times as I would need to. So please, do not ever again blame yourself for it, am I understood? I’m really happy Channie likes me so. Please, tell him I miss him.

 

Also, why didn’t you tell me I’m your star? I would smother you with my love then. And wouldn’t have almost died here alone. When I read it I wanted to hug and kiss you so much I started crying. Lee Jihoon, what are you doing to me?

 

I’m all good. I finally got the job at the astronomical observatory so I’m going to study the universe a little more. And with better equipment. The stars reminds me of you so much Jihoonie. I feel like I am closer to you while looking at them. Because we’re looking at the same sky after all. It’s like we are barely one step apart.

 

I hope that you’ll light up. That one time I saw you sad, I hated it. What I hated even more was I couldn’t do anything to help. It’s the same right now. And I hate my helplessness.

 

Tell you what. When the night sky will be clear please go out for a while and pick one star for me, will you? Pick the one that’ll catch your eye and call out to you.

 

My parents are kind of persistent in me getting settled down. They’re asking if we are together and I don’t even know how to explain our situation to them. I’m soothing them saying that you’re my lover. It’s fitting right? You are.

 

I hope you’re smiling now, reading my letter. I love it when you have that little soft smile on your face. Please, always smile when thinking about me.

 

I miss you so much it hurts. The picture we took at the beach, I have it next to my bed so everyday when I wake up you’re the first one I see.

 

I love you Jihoonie.

 

Truly yours,

 

Soonyoung