November 19XX

The last (Love) Letter

 

7 November 19XX

 

Dearest Soonyoung,

 

When I received your letter I couldn’t be more happy. My smile, according to Chan, was more maniacal than soft, but I smiled a lot that day. Thank you, love.

 

I hope your parents aren’t as persistent as mine are. Greet them from me. I hope they’re healthy. My parents decided to do everything behind my back. Before, it was only a candidate. Now I kind of have a fiancée and I don’t like it one bit. She’s nice but, I don’t even know, nosy? She wants to know every single thing, it’s making me dizzy. It’s making me miss your calming presence even more than earlier. Plus, she’s stupid. She won’t even budge if I tell her I don’t like her and won’t become her husband. I mean, I already have one.

 

I decided to contact her parents, they agreed to meet. I hope they’ll be understanding (and will take that annoying twerp away from me) and won’t make a fuss about it. We’ll be meeting next week or so, I’ll update you in my next letter.

 

I’m also very sorry that you needed to wait so long for my reply. I wanted to choose that star you talked about. And every time I went out I remembered all the times we spent watching them by the sea. And I cried every time. I’m sorry. It was hard to not do it. Thinking you’re also looking up at them, smiling at them.

 

But I succeeded. I always saw that one near Orion constellation, I’m sorry, I forgot the name. I saw it even through my tears so I decided to settle on that one. It has light blue hue, like your hair that one time.

 

And I’m so proud of you! You finally get the job you wanted so much! You can’t even imagine how ecstatic I was! I know that stars make you extremely happy so I’m content now. Knowing you’re surrounded with things you love dearly.

 

I also have that picture on my nightstand. It keeps me positive. I’m trying to be good for you and smile a lot. Chan is making fun of me, saying it’s strange I’m smiling so much.

 

I miss you everyday. And love you so much.

 

Till next time.

 

Truly yours,

 

Jihoon

 

 




 

19 November 19XX

 

Jihoonie,

 

HOW COULD YOU DO THAT TO ME?! When I read about that husband thing, I literally screamed, my mom came running to my room, asking me if I was hurt. When I told her you called me your HUSBAND while rolling on the floor and clutching your letter, she was laughing so hard and cooing at me. Why are you doing this to my heart?

 

I love you so much!

 

But, addressing the situation. I liked your parents. Really. But I don’t think I can say now that. I mean, it’s not really so out of ordinary to arrange a marriage, but you did tell them not to do that. And it’s really disrespectful to do it against you. I’m sorry. I’m really defensive, but I can’t help it. My one and only is having a fiancée. Not what I had in mind for our relationship.

 

Anyway, that star you chose, I believe you’re talking about Sirius. It has slightly blue hue and is really bright. I can’t remember if I ever told you that, it’s actually second brightest star after our own sun. And it’s quite near us too. Near but still so far away. Like the two of us.

 

From now on, everytime you’ll feel upset, lonely or tired, please look at it and think of me. I will do the same. I hope all my words would be forwarded to you.

 

I really have a lot of fun working at the station, seeing so much I couldn’t earlier. But even if it’s what I enjoy doing, I’m lacking the most important piece of my life and it’s your presence right beside me. The one thing, the one person I love dearly. I would like to show you so many different things, I remember how you would always stay quiet and just listen to me talk about this and that. You claimed you were pleased doing just that. It sometimes made me think I’m bad boyfriend because it’s always me talking.

 

You haven’t said a lot about what’s happening there. I’m worried, just a little. You liked talking about the visitors and music. Especially about music. I get that you have a lot on your mind lately, thanks to your parents but I’m concerned you haven’t as much as even mention a note. Talk to me, please.

 

I hope that meeting went well!

 

Love you so much!!

 

Truly yours,

 

Soonyoung


 



 

21 November 19XX

 

Soonyoung-ah,

 

I’m sorry I’m writing without waiting for your reply, but yesterday I went to talk with that punk’s parents. And I’m angry, really, really angry.

 

They told me my parents made a contract with them! Like, what?! Are you serious?! Doing such a thing to ensure I won’t be able to back out?

 

I don’t know what to do anymore. I tried doing everything I could, talking didn’t helped, you being here neither. Convincing my grandparents was easy but they couldn’t do anything in that case. Bringing up my uncle that’s a lawyer and screaming about my rights to love and to be with whom I want to was all crushed to the ground by my father. I don’t know why they want that marriage to happen so much, but I know one thing. I won’t conform to their wishes!

 

And I hope that you’ll be home at the start of December because I’m so coming to you, even just for a few days. I really need you.

 

I hope you have easier and nicer time.

 

See you soon, love.

 

Jihoon

 

 


Omg, such a massive update. :D I hope that this chapter made a lot of things clearer. I don't really know where I'm going with it, so if you have something you absolutely want to include in the story, write it down and I'll consider and maybe change some things :) If it fits, it sits! So don't worry, I'll probably add it either way, 'cause I love you all!

 

I want to thank so so so much the people that like that story and decided to subscribe it! Woah! I never thought someone would! So THANKS!! <3