September 19XX

The last (Love) Letter

 

 

8 September 19XX

 

Dear Jihoon-ah,

 

I miss you everyday. I miss you so much. I know we couldn’t stay together, it’s against every law we live by. After I left you there standing alone on the train station, I couldn’t stop thinking that maybe we should brake that laws? For ourselves. We would be hated but we would be together. But then, I thought about little Channie and what would he think. He’s your brother, it would affect him so much. And I love him dearly too. I wouldn’t want him to suffer. I wouldn’t want you to suffer.

 

This week was one of most miserable ones I ever experienced. So far away from you. But I managed to help my father finish building that shelf for mom I told you about. She was so happy she almost cried. It’s truly beautiful. All the dragons carved in reddish wood. I would like to show it to you someday. I’m sure you’d like it.

 

It’s been only one week and I don’t have that much to tell you yet. But I hope you’re coping just right with the situation. I’ll keep your last smile for me in my mind forever.

 

I miss you a lot.

 

And I love you.

 

Truly yours,

 

Soonyoung


 

 


 


 

21 September 19XX

 

Dearest Soonyoung,

 

I miss you a lot too. I know it’s hard. I had the same thoughts, wanting to just stay with you, not mind anyone, be happy. But we both know it’s almost impossible. Almost. I’ll figure something out so we will be able to live a long and joyful life, just the two of us. It might take time but please wait for me.

 

I hope you’re not hurting to much. I know it’s my fault. And I know you would now say it’s no ones fault, we can’t choose what family we are born in. But if I told them earlier it wouldn’t be like it is right now. We’re broken but I promise you I’ll mend our hearts, I’ll destroy the distance we needed to create. Just wait a little.

 

Channie misses you too. He grew very close to you during your stay. He doesn’t blame you for anything. He said you fall in love with a person you’re designed to. He’s even mad at our parents for making you go away so suddenly. He told me to greet you if I’ll write to you. He’s not so closed-minded as I thought. As our parents thought.

 

All this time without you is awful. I can’t find joy in walking the beaches anymore. It’s like I’m not here, like I left with you that day. I’m positive I kind of did. Everything my parents insist I do is tiring me so much. I just want to fall into your arms and never let you go.

 

I hope you’re healthy and still bright like a star, like last time we were together. I know you don’t like to complain but please share your worries with me. I know we’re far apart so let us lessen the distance.

 

I love you Soonyoung-ah.

 

Truly yours,

 

Jihoon