Six

You're A What?!

Seconds turns to minutes, minutes to hours and hours to days.

Park Chanyeol has lost track of the time since he was locked in that room and he is slowly losing it. Damon’s tortures continued everyday like a routine, a routine that Park Chanyeol has grown immune towards. Everyday he bleeds and would be left once Damon feels like he has had enough. You see, Damon is a sinister man who as quoted “loves to play games” and this game he is playing with Chanyeol was one of his favorite. He tortures Chanyeol enough to not let him die and the game resets everyday although Chanyeol barely heals from their previous ‘sessions’.

“Oh Park, ahh how I love seeing you bleed like this. I should be an artist! I mean look at my masterpiece! Don’t you think so Park?” Damon said with a devilish grin before throwing another punch towards Chanyeol’s face. As usual, despite all of that, Chanyeol remained silent just like every other day. “Oh come on Phoenix, you are turning my favorite game boring! Tsk. Whatever, see you again tomorrow!” and with a small salute, Damon leaves the room.

Chanyeol finally has the room alone to him again. He slowly slides his body up again and wipes his blood from his face. Honestly, he feels so weak and was growing tired. He is so tired of this sick game and he wants it to end. He just wants to go home to his Baekkie’s arms. That’s all he wants.

“Maybe he was right after all, I am weak…” he snickers at his thoughts and looks up to the ceiling. Park Chanyeol is not one who believes in God that much. He is not that religious you know but this one time he closes his eyes and prays.

“To whoever that is up there listening, I plead that I get to go back to my family and most importantly my spouse.. Please..” he prays with a tear coming out of the corner of his eyes. And darkness embraces him yet again.


Loud.

Why is it so loud?

Why are people screaming?

What is going on?

These were the questions that Park Chanyeol asks himself as he woke up from his sleep with a loud bang. The loud bang caused his ears to ring and the next thing he knows, the metal door opens and in comes a guy freeing him from the chains that kept him and pulled him out of the room. He was still blur as to what was going on but he has zero energy to fight back so he just follows the person that is currently dragging out of the room. Just as he was about to look at the person saving him, he passes out again into the darkness. For once, Park Chanyeol was kinda mad of the darkness that is enveloping him now.


Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep

He hates that sound. It annoys him, and the smell. “For god sake, somebody get some air freshener! It smells like someone died in here.” Chanyeol thought to himself in disgust. He groggily opens his eyes and looks around, trying to figure out where he was. “Oh that explains the smell.” He begrudgingly said as he realized that he was at the place he hates, the hospital.

It took him a solid 10 seconds before he starts to freak out and questions as to how he is here. “What the happened?” and just as he said that a doctor with a nurse walks into his room. “Ah, I see that you have woken up Mr. Park. How are you feeling?” the said doctor asks him. “Honestly, I feel like I got hit by a truck. What happened?” Chanyeol asks with a hoarse voice. The doctor then passes him a glass of water that Chanyeol accepts gratefully. “Well Mr. Park, you are lucky that they brought you here immediately. A bit later and you may have been gone. I suggest you rest well Mr. Park. We’ll see you again.” The doctor and the nurse then left the room with Chanyeol’s question unanswered. His mind is full with questions. What happened? Where is Damon? Is this place safe? But most importantly who saved him? Did god actually hear his plea? Not that he was ungrateful, he truly was. It is just that he feels like the puzzles are not matched and things were just not adding up.

“I see that you are up Park.”

Wait, that voice?!

“Baek?” There at the door is none other than his spouse. Right then, he feels like crying. But wait why does Baek look like that?

Baekhyun then enters the room and walks towards Chanyeols bed. “Nice to know that you are alive.” Baek said. This was the first time Chanyeol ever see his spouse like that. He sounded so cold that it frightens Chanyeol a bit but that was not the main question that was running in his head.

“Baek what happened to you? Why are your hands bruised? Did something happened at the bakery?” he finally dares to ask his spouse.

“You should ask yourself that Park. What the happened? Also, this bruises are nothing. I’ve been through worse.” At that Chanyeol feels weird, what does Baek mean by worse?

Chanyeol’s train of thoughts however was crushed the moment he hears Baekhyun’s statement.

“You should have been more careful Phoenix. You know better than that.”

“Wha..Wh.. What did you just say?” he stammers, and Park Chanyeol never stammers.

“I know Park, always have known. You know what, just rest okay. You need it and I am glad you are back. I have missed you. You have no idea how scared I was. We’ll continue this conversation once you are well alright. God, I love you so much Park you have no idea.” Baek said as he hugs Chanyeol while trying to hold back his tears that were threatening to fall since he entered the room.

And again, Chanyeol was lost but at least he is finally home..