Chapter 4

Million Reasons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kwang Soo wakes up with a terrible headache the next morning. He saw a small note near his bed.

”Joong Ki must have left this.... 

‘Cheer up Kwang Soo, as much as I want to stay, Hye Kyo and I have a lot of appointments to attend. But I know things will be okay. Anyway, I made hang over soup for you, just reheat it again. Fighting!’

 

He felt really grateful to his friend. It may seem odd that they are really close but they click it off together and they understand each other. He tried to think back the conversation they had last night, and he realized that he must really talk with Ji hyo noona and confess everything once and for all. Of course it seems inappropriate if Jong Kook hyung and her are really dating but he will just apologize after. 

 

He wants to just let it all out so that if she rejected him finally, at least he was able to tell her every bit of feelings he has and maybe helps him to move on. Joong Ki was right, he has to hear it from her. And if things got complicated he is ready to face the consequences. If he has to file a leave on Running man so that things would settle, he would. After all, he needs to move on, and it’s better to not see her and hyung. Of course it will be hard but at least there will be a closure. She has to be clear, black or white, no in between. 

 

He decided to stay for another day in Japan, so he could prepare himself to confront her. He just stayed in his hotel, overthinking everything, creating every scenario that could happen. In his imaginations, it all ends up with him being dump and it’s making him anxious. 

 

‘It’s hard Kwang Soo, but you can do it. We have to do it. You will never know unless you face it head on.’ He kept on talking with himself.

 

He can’t help himself, while laying in bed, he kept on browsing the net, looking for news about Ji Hyo and Jong Kook. He felt like a stalker but he wants to be prepared. He is conditioning his mind and heart so it will not hurt so much if  noona tell in his face that she is dating hyung.

 

’Gah, this is just crazy, I don’t think I could do it... Maybe I should stop thinking and just do it, whatever, come what may. It’s not like I could be more surprise or hurt right? Yah pabo Kwang Soo, I think you’ve become officially crazy.’ He was talking with himself then suddenly buried his head in the pillows. He should really stop this and just do it. He should head back to Korea now and just get it over with. He might really get crazy if he prolongs this and continue to overthink. He jokes to himself that his poor brain would probably explode from the sudden overused.

 

So he rebooked his flight and change it for today. It is better to face it now while he still can bear the pain and he is still sane. 

 

‘It’s now or never Ji Hyo noona.’

 

**********************************************

 

Ji Hyo was staying at home since she has no schedules for the week. She was thankful because she can recharge herself since next week will be very busy for her. But for now, she has time to think everything.

 

She was really startled by Kwang Soo’s sudden Japan travel. It was not in his nature to just cancel filming because he usually make appointments during his free time so it was unusual for him to  make plans during their scheduled filming. Deep inside she knew she was part of the reason and she felt scared. She didn’t know but she was really anxious. 

 

She tried asking Jong Kook oppa about Kwang Soo’s plans but he too was not aware of any errand he could have in Japan. 

‘Maybe, he is really avoiding me.’ She told herself over and over again and the more she said it the more she gets hurt. She tries to imagine not seeing nor talking with Kwang Soo and she felt an immediate pain in her chest at the prospect of that. She really loves him, but is she willing to really sacrifice the career she had tried so hard to build all these years? 

 

That’s what she was thinking deeply for the past months. God knows she wanted to just follow her heart but she is so damn scared of the backlash that might happen. She’s also scared that she will bring Kwang Soo down with her. His career is really flourishing and the news about them might affect also the career that she knew he tried his best to build. She loves him too much that even if she can sacrifice hers, she can’t with Kwang Soo’s. He is still young and he could achieve more. The past years, even the fortunetellers that guested on Running Man always tell that Kwang Soo has a bright future and will be shining more in the coming years. And she doesn’t want to be the one that will hinder his growth.

 

‘Maybe I should have just dated Dong Wook.’ She laughed hysterically with herself. She could tell that Kwang Soo gets annoyed everytime she is with Dong Wook and when she talks with him. Sometimes she is actually making him jealous because she finds it cute. She knows it’s selfish of her and immature but she likes it when Kwang Soo gets jealous and overprotective of her. If only love is not so complicated, maybe they are both happily dating now.

 

’This is so damn frustrating, why can’t relationship just be simple, just two people who loves each other.’ She asked loudly in her room. But no, in her line of work, what matters most is what the people around them will think, if they will approve, because their decisions will either make or break an artist. Their agencies might understand especially since they are not young idols who really have to care so much of their image, but the fans....

 

’They will never undertsand, it will be my fault and they will hate me for be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter