Insanity Is Funny

My (Not) Secret Boyfriend [DISCONTINUED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Insanity Is Funny

The next day passed relatively fast. Some of my classes were boring as usual and some were pretty fascinating. After I am done with school, I decide go to a small coffee shop with my friend, Kang Daesung who is a year older than me, but he is one of the people who does not judge me basing on my financial situation. For that, I am forever thankful. His loyalty and care know no ends. There are times when I wonder what have I done to deserve such a great best friend.

I am torn from my thoughts when Daesung appears and I push myself from the wall on which I had been leaning against. ”Hi Dae-hyung!”

“Hello Riri!” Daesung greets me warmly with a tight hug. “How are you?”

“I’m fine! Today’s chemistry was amazing!” I squeal — yes, I am that type of a nerd — and tell him about my day. 

We casually chit-chat and enjoy the beauty of fall. The colorful leaves are spread all over the pavement. Everything is all in colors ranging from yellow leaves to red rowan tree. People around us also match the flora — many wear brown coats, orange hats, and crimson scarfs. The surrounding truly makes me smile and appreciate Seoul’s charm during early November. 

It takes us around 10 minutes to arrive to our favorite coffeehouse, Big Bang, which was a small, unique coffeeshop with a legitimate British interior and atmosphere. From the outside, it looks like absolutely inconspicuous, just like any other coffeehouse. The interior is filled with heavy, fancy furniture made out of high quality mahogany wood that is carved in magnificent floral patterns. The tea sets used are beige-white and first class with subtle embellishments and exceptionally fragile. The walls are velvet red and the thick curtains are golden. The ceiling is intricately  ornamented with gold as if it was crafted by Michelangelo himself. The grand chandelier is gold with tens of handmade crystals that nicely spreads warm light all over the chamber. Of course, there are also charming lamps on majority of tables to grant additional light.

The shop was owned by an adorable young man with whom we are pretty close. Therefore, the moment we step inside I hear the owner shout out. “Oh welcome Dae and Riri!” 

“Good afternoon TOP-hyung!” I respond with a wide grin. 

“Nice to see you!” Daesung adds and begins to strip himself from his jacket. 

We both are still wearing our school uniforms which consist of navy jackets with school’s crest sewn on our left chest pocket, matching pants, white fine shirts, and simple red tie. The whole attire is made out of the finest material. After all, the high school is meant to be attended by chaebol’s children. As you may deduce, our institution’s colors are red and blue, which I consider to be a nice combination. 

“Would you like the usual?” TOP asks and I can’t help but to sigh at how beautiful he is. 

“Yes, please!” both Daesung and I confirm with excitement.

Choi Seunghyun — we often call him TOP because it used to be his nickname when he was in high school. We found it so adorable that it sticked with us until today —  is an incredible gentleman who has such a kind attitude. I met him when I entered my freshman year and we somehow bonded over all the cups of coffees we drank together. He was — and still is — a great listener and due to his slightly older age, he easily gave me a well tailored advice that was simultaneously from a mature perspective and not so outdated. To me, he was like a father figure, whom I never got to enjoy. I am endlessly thankful for his support and all the time he has spent with me. 

TOP and Daesung met at one point too, and our trio immediately clicked in. It was then when I finally found my second family. It took me slightly over a year to find them. It was worth the wait.

I enjoy the familiar bounce that I feel when I plopped on the comfortable armchair which had thousand of soft pillows. Daesung does the same. He choses to sit in front of me.

“Here you go,” TOP grins and puts down three s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter