Silence Before the Storm

My (Not) Secret Boyfriend [DISCONTINUED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Silence Before the Storm

I wonder why am I even surprised by how luxurious his penthouse is. He is a grand CEO after all. I allow myself to stare at the marvelously designed apartment that is pridefully on top of a modern skyscraper. The interior is generally bright with a few color accents. For example, the marble floor and the leather sofas are all between ivory and beige, and the same goes for the smooth walls and the heavy curtains. However, the vase that holds white roses, the fluffy carpet in the spacious living room, and the frames of a few overly expensive paintings share the same shade of Egyptian blue, providing a nice yet stark contrast. That hue of blue goes especially well with the golden ornaments that were added such as golden chandelier with sparkling crystal or the golden statues of a Greek goddess in one of the corners.

I slowly step inside, admiring the beauty of the home. I am honestly impressed by how simplistic yet fancy it is — some things have an intricate embellishments, while some other things are plain and humble. He must have either hired a high end interior designer or he himself must have a great taste.

“Whoa, your place is so beautiful,” I breathe out as I continue ogling the interior.

“Thank you,” Jiyong chuckles at my face, which surely must look like a surprised gold fish. “Come, I will show you your room.”

I turn towards him and follow him upstairs through the glass stairs. We arrive at a hall, which has all windows on one side and I must admit, the view is just so jaw dropping. The living room downstairs had a whole wall that was see-through, but the bedroom is just like heaven. I already could not wait to wake up the rising sun, because this was a perfect place to witness the sunrise.

The bedroom has a very similar style as the rest of the home — white with a few things in blue and gold. It nearly feels like a hotel with the way everything is so neatly clean.

“Feel free to settle down and make yourself at home,” Jiyong says and smiles at me. “My room is down the hall, so basically on the opposite side of yours. I will order some sushi. Wait, are you fine with sushi?”

“Yeah, I like sushi,” I admit and I instantly drool at the idea of the raw fish, which is usually too expensive for me to buy. “Thank you,” I have that pressing urge to make sure that he knows how thankful I am for what he does, because otherwise I would have been starving in my lonely apartment. “I really appreciate your help.”

Jiyong’s eye soften and he comes up to me. Once he closes the gap, he places his soft hand on my cheek and I lean into it like a cat. “For you anything, my dear,” he whispers and presses a kiss on top of my nose. “Oh, there are spare clothes in the closet and grab anything you need. The bathroom is all yours.”

I blush — yet again — and look down, feeling suddenly overwhelmed with the emotions that are a mix of gratitude, love, and happiness. 

“I will come downstairs as soon as I am done,” I promise and turn on my heel because his hot gaze on me has become too much for me to bear. 

Boy, I am so whipped.

After changing into his silky pajamas that gently wrap around my clean body, I decide I am done with the bathroom. I look into the mirror and to my surprise, I feel anxious. I comb through my hair with my fingers to somehow make them presentable. I am glad for my acne free skin and I make one last check if I look all right.

Then, I walk downstairs. By the time I reach the last step, I see the dining table filled with colorful pieces of sushi. I squeal excitedly and skip childishly towards the food. 

“You seem very hungry,” Jiyong playfully muses at my reaction, setting the chopsticks for the late dinner. 

“Yup! I had no idea that there are restaurants that offer sushi at such a late hour,” I wonder out loud, noticing that now it was closer to 2am. 

“Soul never sleeps,” Jiyong settles down on the armchair and I do the same.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter