Chapter 3

Tragic No More
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-Nayeon’s POV-

Today is already a wonderful day! I know this because when I opened my eyes this morning I saw a sleeping Mina and that left me with an indescribable feeling. She sleeps in such sweet peace it makes my heart flutters. I may be pushing my luck but that doesn't stop me from carefully lifting my hand and tracing her face. I start out by gently putting strands of loose hair behind her ear. Gradually my hand slides down to her cheek, lightly caressing it. She makes a cute sound and scoots closer to me. This action only pushes me on. My hand continues to explore her neck and the rest of her face until it finally lands on the spot I want the most, her lips.

I lightly trace them and I’m suddenly flooded by the memories of our short kiss two years ago when we were still living at the dorm with other TWICE members. It was so soft, light, and tender. Oh how I wish I can kiss her like that again.

We were so close the night before, if only Mina’s mom had better timing. Then again, it's probably for the best because Mina might have freaked out afterwards and that's added tension that we don't need. I come back to reality when I feel Mina snuggle closer to me. I look down at her and my lips automatically stretch into a smile. She’s just so beautiful and I can't help but fall in love with her all over again. I lean down and leave a lingering kiss on her forehead before slowly getting out of the bed. She grunts and hugs my pillow instead. So cute!

I stand beside the bed as I watch her for a little while longer before I decide to take a shower. The reason I'm letting her sleep is because school got canceled today due to bad weather. I found a whole new reason to love nature, not that I didn't already.

--------------------

-Mina’s POV-

Err… I wake up alone, hugging Nayeon’s pillow. My best guess is that she is downstairs talking to my mom. Those two really do get along so well. I chuckle as I get up to head to the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face. I drag my feet towards the bathroom with my eyes still half-closed, then I open the door without knocking.

Oh...

Sweet baby Jesus! Nayeon is way hotter without clothes on… Damn! Did I really just think that?

Nayeon is startled and grabs the towel. I quickly turn around. "Oh my God, Nayeon! I am so unbelievably sorry! I-I thought you were downstairs!" I bury my face in my hands and if I get any redder, I would be a tomato. Oh gosh, this is so embarrassing!

"Geez Mina. If you wanted to see me all you had to do was ask," she says, chuckling. Of course, leave it to Nayeon to be totally…Nayeon…at a time like this.

She's still laughing and I can't bring myself to turn around or to say anything. I have to get out of here, and quick.

"Uh. I'll just um… See yah downstairs!" I don't give her a chance to reply as I dash out of my room, downstairs, and into the kitchen where my mom is reading a newspaper.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter