Chapter 8

What's Happening?!

 

 


 

 

-SOONYOUNG’s POV-

 

I cried myself to sleep that night feeling so nauseous and confused with everything that’s happening. My mind and my heart are fooling around with me. My emotions are playing with me. My train of thoughts is a traitor as well.

 

Ever since I became female, the guys have been acting weird around me. my whole body and my emotions are acting weird as if… as if I’m really turning into a girl.

I can’t have that.

 I don’t want to be female!

I wanna go back!

I have to return as a guy.

 

Before these stupid feelings devour me whole and it’d be too late. I have to meet her again, I have to reassure myself that only a female makes my heart beat like crazy and makes my face flush, not the members. Anybody but them.

 

 

 

I decided to call home for an overdue talk. The phone rings, once, twice. On the third ring he finally answers.

 

“Hello?”

“Aboji.”

“Soonyoung?”

“I can’t do this anymore.” I cried to him. He reassures me, calming me down.

“What’s the matter son? Are you having a hard time? Are the members not treating you right?”

“It’s not that. Well… kind of. I just want to know how you managed to survive this, this being female. Cause honestly, it’s hard. I feel like an emotional wreck all the time.”

“Do you want to hear a story?” he asks me.

“What story?”

“On how I met your mother.” The other line went silent for awhile before I heard him speak up. “You’re mom and I had been friends since college and she was the first person outside the family to find out about my situation. I thought she’d hate me but she accepted it wholeheartedly. Eventually she helps me out in figuring out how to be a girl and surviving it so I have her to thank. She stayed by my side even through everything. We fell in love and now we’re happily married and have you kids.”

“Ugh… dad? How’s that supposed to help me with my situation? I mean the guys have been acting so odd around me.” I didn’t mention the fact that I was also feeling odd towards them to him.

“What I’m trying to say here is you need to find that special girl who’ll help you out in becoming a real girl. And since you’re surrounded by a bunch of guys, hormones and various feelings would appear but it’s mainly due to the sudden changes if they react weirdly and is attracted to you. It will pass.”

“But I don’t want to be a real girl, although I think I found my special girl. And do you really think it’s just a momentary thing?”

“Yes, so don’t think too much about it. Now, tell me about this girl you’re talking about.” I chuckled at his curiosity.

“Well it’s not a certainty that she’s the one who could turn me back into a guy. I mean we only met once and it’s unlikely we’ll meet again but if we do then I’ll consider it as fate. And perhaps really consider her as ‘the key’ to my curse.”

“Just do whatever makes you happy son. Do what’s right for you.” I can tell he was smiling.

“Dad?” he hums as response. “I will be able to turn back into a guy, right?” he was silent once more, perhaps thinking of his next words.

“I really have no say to it but if you will and believe it, then you will.”

“Wise words dad.”

“Well I’m supposed to give you this sort of advice as your father. Ah! By the way your mom sent you a package, it’ll arrive by tomorrow hopefully.”

“I’ll message you once I receive it. Tell mom, thanks in advance. And thank you as well pop.”

“You’re welcome son.”

“Goodbye.”

“Bye.”

 

I dropped my phone to my lap once the call ended. I look at the door and sighed.

 

 

 

 

‘Perhaps dad’s right. Maybe it’s just the hormones and the sudden change that made them act weirdly; And me as well. I mean I’m still Soonyoung; I just look a little different.’

 

 

 

Their little attraction to me and vice versa would disappear. This is all in my mind. I really shouldn’t be stress about this.

 

 

--

 

Okay, I lied.

 

I though after that pep talk everything would be fine but I still find myself shying away from them, specifically, three people.

 

Wonwoo, Junhui and Minghao.

 

I really can’t look them in the eye after all.

 

--

 

Soonyoung wasn’t the only one who was affected. The boys were starting to get even more curious and worried over her ever changing actions.

 

“Maybe it’s got something to do with being a girl.” Seokmin says. “Whatever it is, I guess she needs time alone.” Jisoo answers.

 

The boys left her to her thoughts hoping Soonyoung would become herself again; soon. But one member stares at her door, feeling really worried over his noona.

 

---

 

 

He knocks on her door but didn’t get a reply.

 

“Soonyoung-noona? I’m coming in.” He twists the door knob open and sees Soonyoung sitting on her bed staring at nothing, her face solemn. He comes and sits beside her. “Hyung?”

She blinks and turns to face him, a sad smile present on her face. “Chan.”

 

Chan frowns at her expression. “What’s the matter? You’ve been acting so weird for the past few days, we’ve been worried. I’ve been worried.” Soonyoung sniffles and he notices her sobbing quietly. “Wait did I say something wrong?”

She shakes her head. “No.” she sniffles again. “I’ve haven’t been myself lately. I’m still adjusting to being a girl you know. That’s all there is, no need to be so concern.” She brushes him off.

“Are you sure?” he was hesitant but he rubs her back gently, calming Soonyoung’s nerves. She croaks a small ‘yes’ “I’m just trying to understand how it’s like to be female.” Chan didn’t inquire anymore. “I’m always here for you hyunoona. I’m willing to listen if you have any problems, okay.” She nods and smiles at him. “Thank you Chan.”

 

She smiles a genuine one this time, Chan feels his heart flutter from her smile. Soonyoung stands up startling him out from his thoughts.

 

“I should go and show myself to the others.” She starts walking ahead, Chan follows behind her. She halts. “Ah! My phone!” she turns around too quickly, her foot fumbles and she ends up slipping luckily Chan was there to catch her and she was in his arms.

He looks at her still shocked from the turn of events but as he stares at her surprised face he feels his geart beeting fast and Soonyoung turns red from the close contact, her stomach churning in anticipation. She gets on her feet swiftly and pushes him out of her room, locking herself in.

Chan didn’t even get to process what just happened since it happened too fast. He was dazed and a little flushed from the thought of Soonyoung in his arms, face so red. His lips twitching up in a pleasant smile.

 

 

 

---

 

 

Soonyoung was left home alone again as the other members were at the company practicing. Night had fallen and she was feeling a little restless and needed a breath of air and so she goes out by herself (once again).

She walks around the Han River to clear her mind. She called her father earlier about her situation but he wasn’t much of help.

She was so lost in thoughts that she accidentally bumped into someone.

 

“Oh! I’m so sorry.” She helps the person up and was astonish to see who it was. The one she bumped into looks at her with the same expression.

 

 

“It’s you!” The two said simultaneously, mirroring each other’s expression.

 

 

“I can’t believe it. This is fate!” Soonyoung exclaims. The other girl raises a brow at her enthusiasm. “Fate?” Soonyoung quickly calms down and explains herself. “Oh nothing. I’m just glad to meet you again and sorry for bumping into you. As an apology, let me treat you.”

“It’s fine. You don’t need to. I wasn’t hurt anyway.”

“I insist. See it as repayment for your help the other day.” Soonyoung persisted. The other girl nods and smiles at her. “Okay.”

Soonyoung cheers in accomplishment. “Oh by the way, I’m Soonyoung.” She introduces herself as they start to walk around the riverside heading back to the city. “Chaeri. My name is Chaeri.” The other girl replies.

 

Soonyoung hides a small fist pump or finally getting her name.

 

“Chaeri… Cute name, it matches you so well.”

“Thanks, although I don’t think so. You’re name’s is cute too.”

 

 

 

‘She called me cute. I got her name and she called me cute. This is a sign!’

 

 

Soonyoung clears and starting making conversation.

 

“So what brings you out tonight?”

“Oh well I thought I need some sort of exercise. So I came here.” Chaeri answers nonchalantly.

“At 11 in the evening?”

“My work ends at 10 and sometimes it goes pass to 11, so yeah.”

“Oh? What do you do for work?”

“I’m a saleslady at a clothing store. Actually I saw you come in to our shop one time, I even helped you out in picking but you seem to have forgotten about it.”

“Really?” She nods. Soonyoung tries to remember a fuzzy memory showing a girl coming up to her as she looks at some clothes appears. “Oh! Now that I think about it. I think I do remember you.”

 

Chaeri just smiles as a reply as they arrived at their destination, a convenience store. The two comes inside and scans various snacks and drinks yet they opted to have convenience store coffee and triangle kimbap. As the two sist down on the empty seat, Chaeri questions Soonyoung.

 

“What about you Soonyoung-sshi? What do you do for a living?” Soonyoung was taken aback by the question. “M-Me?” Chaeri nods. “Oh! I’m a… well…”

 

 

 

‘Think Kwon! Think! I can’t say I’m an idol from a boy group then she would have more questions and seem suspicio— Aha!’

 

 

 

“I’m actually training to be an idol. I’m a trainee right now.” Soonyoung hopes she’d buy it.

“Oh really?” Her eyes glints; she bought the story.

“Yeah.”

“Which company?”

“Pledis.”

“Oh! Then you must have met After School and NUEST!” Soonyoung nods.

“I also met Seventeen and Pristin.” Soonyoung adds.

“Oh well I’m not really a fan of Seventeen. I prefer NUEST though.”

 

 

 

‘Ouch! Somehow that breaks my heart that she doesn’t like my group.’

 

 

“But I admit they’re pretty good dancers.”

 

 

 

‘Good? Don’t you mean Awesome?!’

 

 

 

“Good? Well I think good is an understatement. I mean have you seen them perform? They’re so synchronized. At least that’s what people and the other trainees say. And Hoshi, Hoshi is a really really great dancer, he choreographs their dances you know.” Soonyoung defends her group.

Chaeri chuckles. “You must really be a fan of them. And I assume Hoshi is your bias.”

“Ugh… y-yeah. I aspired to be an idol because of them.”

 

 

 

‘Way to make lies Soonyoung. Now it’s going to be hard to admit to her if she turns out to be the one.’

 

 

 

“I guess they did good then. And if I did have to choose who I like among them, I guess it would be Mingyu.”

 

 

 

‘Damn it! I’d rather you dislike us than have Mingyu as your favorite. You’re supposed to be my destiny. I’m gonna get Mingyu for this later.’

 

 

 

“Mingyu? Well… I guess he’s okay.”

“He’s really good-looking. And I saw him in one of the shows and he seems to be capable in doing a lot of things. He can cook and he’s great at sports too.”

 

 

‘I’m internally crying right now.’

 

 

“But he’s clumsy! Like really clumsy. And sneezes a lot at anyone.” Soonyoung’s face scrunches in disgust.

Chaeri was startled by her outburst then laughs. “Do you dislike Mingyu that much? I thought you were a fan of all of them.”

“Ugh… I am! It’s just Mingyu’s a klutz, he’s not only about the looks you know.” ‘He’s stealing you away even if technically you aren’t mine.’

“I suppose so but nobody’s perfect.” Chaeri replies. “Anyway thanks for the treat. I should head back now it’s getting a little late and I still have work tomorrow and don’t you have training?”

“Y-Yeah. I guess it’s time to say our goodbyes.” Soonyoung says a little sad that their little date has been cut off, then he suddenly perks up. “Can I have your number?”

“My number?”

“I mean I really like hanging out with you today and you seem like a good friend, I’d like to know you better.”

 

 

Chaeri smiles at her and gives Soonyoung her contact before leaving. Soonyoung was in cloud 9.

 

 

 

‘I finally got her name and I even have her number. It’s turning out to be a good day after all.’

 

 

 

Soonyoung stays behind for awhile still not over the fluttering feeling when her heart finally calms down she decides to finally go back home. She felt on top of the world and that nothing can ruin this day.

 

 

 

Perhaps she spoke to soon.

 

 

 

 “Where have you been?” Seungcheol asks immediately as Soonyoung enters the room.

“I went out for a walk.” Soonyoung answers nonchalantly.

“At this time of the day. What are you thinking Soonyoung?! How could you just go out without informing any of us. Inform me at least.” Seungcheol adds, voice rising.

Soonyoung felt a little annoyed by the raise of tone. “Well I’m sorry. I didn’t know I need to ask permission to go out for a walk or to buy drinks. Oh do I need permission to buy food as well?” she retorts.

“Don’t talk to me like that, I’m still older than you. We just wanted to know where you went. It’s not safe to go out all by yourself you know. Especially since you’re a girl.” Seungcheol replies.

 

Soonyoung rolls her eyes. “Fine! I won’t bother going out anymore. I’ll just stay here the rest of the day while you guys go out and do whatever! Cause I’m just a sad weak little girl!” Soonyoung yells at him before walking away.

“Hey! Come back here. I’m not yet done talking to you Soonyoung. Kwon Soonyoung!” Seungcheol calls her.

“WELL I AM DONE TALKING TO YOU!” She heads straight to her room, slamming the door in front of him. Seungcheol scoffs at that.

“She did not just do that. Yah! Soonyoung open this door!” Seungcheol roughly knocks into the door, more like slamming his fist on it.

 

“Cheol calm down. Leave her be for now.” Jeonghan tries to calm the older, massaging his shoulder to ease the tension. “Yeah. Talking to her like this won’t help either of you.” Jisoo adds. “I’ll try talking to her later.” Jeonghan adds as well. “But you have to calm down first.” He continues.

Seungcheol takes a deep breath and lets out a sad sigh. “I’m just being concern. Is that so bad of me?” Seungcheol looks at s sadly. Jeonghan smiles sadly at him, still rubbing the elder’s back. Jisoo and Jeonghan exchange looks before turning their attention to the door of Soonyoung’s room.

 


 

A/N: well SoonChan wasn’t supposed to happen but as I wrote it, it just did. and a lil drama, also Soonyoung is jealous hamster over a giant puppy.