Chapter 7

What's Happening?!

 

 


 

 

Soonyoung’s been thinking about the incident yesterday and that pretty girl’s smile. S(he) can’t help but sigh in happiness as she daydreams about her once again. And it’s only been 12 hours since she last seen her.

 

“Uhm… Do you think Soonyoung-noona is okay?” Seungkwan questions no one in particular but he was the only one who voice out what they all were thinking. “She’s been acting all giddy since last night.” He continues while pouring cereal on his bowl.

“Well I suppose it’s time we find out.” Jeonghan says with a sly smile.

 

Seungkwan tenses, uncertain of Jeonghan’s intention. “Oh boy!”

 

..

 

None of the members seem to notice—more like care about Soonyoung’s sudden change in behavior, some were, specifically Seungkwan and the hyung line, whereas the rest where oddly infatuated and even joining along with her cheerfulness.

 

..

-Jeonghan’s POV-

 

I need to speak to Soonyoung and I have to do it now but how do I get rid of the others surrounding her right now?

 

I come up to them and find myself shaking my head in disappointment at their entranced faces.

Mingyu and Chan look like they could give her the whole world right now. Seokmin is well being Seokmin as always. Surprisingly Hansol’s nonchalant about it.

The rest were doing their own things but I can see them catching small glimpses at her.

 

Sigh.

 

Do I have to do everything myself?

 

“Soonyoung-ah, do you have a minute to spare?” She blinks at me and nods. She stands up to follow me skipping happily in her steps.

“Ah noona, come back quickly okay?” Seokmin whimpers. Soonyoung looks back at them and smiles. “Okay.”

 

I could see their faces turning red but she didn’t since she quickly faced me again. I sighed at their whipped state, they had it bad, and oh they did! I continued to walk ahead, Soonyoung following along. We went inside my shared room and that’s when I interrogate her.

 

“What’s got you so blooming today?”

“Hmm… Am I blooming?” she asks me, holding on to her face. “I haven’t notice.” She had a dazed look on her face as she answers me.

“Did something good happen to you?” She just smiles dreamily. “Perhaps…”

 

Her answers were too apathetic but it did seem like there was more to it.

 

“Soonyoung?”

 

She looks at me eyes looking directly at me. I felt my throat dry from her gaze.

 

“Can’t I just be happy for no reason?” She questions.

 

I was far too distracted with the way she looks at me; the way her lips tug upwards forming a cat like smile and her cheeks puffing up making her so irresistible. It’s as if there was only the two of us in the world. she comes up to me slowly, poking my cheek.

 

“You okay? You seem out of it.” She asks me, smile not wavering. My heart on the other hand was beating like crazy.

 

 

 

 

‘Kwon Soonyoung. I am not going to fall for you, even if you are too irresistible.’

 

 

 

She comes closer to me, our faces so close.

 

“Jeonghan-hyung?”

 

I blinked and quickly look away before she notices my red face.

 

“I’m okay. S-Sorry for suddenly interrogating you. You can leave now.”

“Okay, if you’re sure.” She whispers near my ear, my body tingles from her warm breath and sultry voice.

 

She leaves the room leaving me to my thoughts.

 

 

I ruffled my hair in annoyance.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

‘Get a hold of yourself Yoon Jeonghan!’

 

 

---

 

 

 

Later that afternoon, most of the boys went out for practice leaving Soonyoung home alone again. She comes out of her room and sees Minghao carrying stuff out of the storage room. She stays nears the doorway of the storage room and questions the younger.

 

“I see you’re still cleaning the storage. Need some help?” She offers, hoping he won’t reject this time. Soonyoung rarely offers his help especially when it comes to cleaning.

Minghao places down the box on the floor and smiles at her. “I guess I do need some help since Mingyu’s out.” Soonyoung beams and starts helping the younger out.

 

They work in calming silence for the past three hours, taking a break from time to time to grab a snack or drink. The two continues to clean up the storage room.

 

 

Meanwhile Seokmin comes home to the dorm and was ready to head to his room for a well deserved nap when he passed by the storage room.

 

“Oh? Why is the door to the storage room open? Did someone forgot to lock it again?” He sighs and head to the corner where the keys to the rooms were hanging, he takes one and goes back and locks the storage room door. He smiles in satisfaction.

He stretches his arms and yawns. “Time for a nap.” He pads down to his room, unwary of what he just did.

 

 

 

 

*click*

 

 

 

Soonyoung looks back to the door. “Did you hear that?” Soonyoung questions Minghao. “Hear what?” Minghao replies as he pushes aside a box of Mingyu’s things.

“I thought I just heard the door click lock.” Soonyoung scratches her head unsurely. Minghao goes to the door to check and turns the knob but it didn’t open.

“Uh-oh!”

“Uh-oh? What uh-oh?” Soonyoung asks the younger suddenly feeling panicky.

“I think someone locked us in.” Minghao answers.

“WHAT?!” Soonyoung rushes to Minghao’s side and tries her luck in opening the door but like Minghao said it was lock. “Why? Wha-. Who— Huh?” Soonyoung couldn’t speack coherently and was just loss.

Minghao clicks his tongue as he searches for his phone in his pocket to call for help. “Great! I think I left my phone in the kitchen during our break earlier.” Soonyoung searches for her phone as well and like him, it wasn’t with her as well. “I think I left mine too.” She pouts finally realizing their predicament.

“I guess we just have to wait until one of the members notice our absence.” Minghao tells her, he can see the older girl’s glum face and he can’t help but have his heart tug at her pouting face, it was kind of cute.

 

 

 

 

 

‘Please don’t be sad Soonyoung, I don’t know how I can console you otherwise.’

 

 

 

 

Soonyoung goes and sits on the ‘clean’ floor and continues to pout. Minghao follows suit and does and Indian seat as well, sitting next to her.

“Noona? Don’t worry. They’ll find us soon.” Minghao reassures her patting the older’s back gently. She turns him and gives him a small smile.

 

 

 

 

-Minghao’s POV-

 

What is this? Why is my heart speeding up? Could it be her?

 

 

 

I place a hand on top of my chest unable to understand why I’m feeling this way.

 

“Thank you Hao.”

 

I can’t help but feel warm from her small smile. I quickly got hold of myself and tried to think of a topic to talk about.

 

“Uhm well… you’re welcome. Anyway noona, what’s it like being a girl?” She looks at me with a wide smile, her eyes glinting.

“It’s surprisingly easier. My body feels so light like I never thought I could feel this way well but most of the time it’s stressful, there are times when I’m not sure with myself, maybe it’s the fact that as a female I’m prone to be more emotional but it’s not too bad. I’m not going to stay as female long anyway.”

“What do you mean by that?” I questioned her and she ushers me to come close and so I leaned closer. She whispers into my ear. “I think I found the answer to my problem.”

“Elaborate please.”

“Remember when I said the only way to break my curse is if someone learns to love me as me, well I met a girl and I think she’s the one who can break it for me. When we met I suddenly felt tingly and weird, I never felt like it before. Doesn’t that mean that perhaps I’ve fallen for her?”

 

My heart clenches at her words but she was to cheery and I didn’t want to wipe that smile off her face.

 

“I think calling it love is a bit too soon. Perhaps a crush.” I told her. she hums in agreement. “I supposed but I can feel it. I can feel she’s the one.”

 

 

 

 

‘What if she wasn’t? What if it turns out to be one of us? What if it were me?’

 

 

 

“Well. That was a good talk.” She stands up. “Let’s finish cleaning up, shall we? To make good use of time.” She grins holding a hand out towards me. I took it and she hoist me up.

 

 

We start cleaning once again and just as she moves one of the paintings I made, she screams.

 

“Ahh!!!”

 

It happened so fast, she screams and jumps into my arms, hiding her face on my chest. I can hear her whimper. I stared at the thing that scared at her and chuckled cause it was a harmless lizard.

“Hey… it’s okay it was just a lizard.” She looks up at me, her face all red from crying. Her face turns even redder. “Oh… Mhmm… Can you put me down?” she asks shyly. I did just that and we were left standing face to face.

“Sorry. I was just surprise.” She laughs it off, quite bleakly, looking down in embarrassment. I went to her and held her chin up to face me. “It’s fine noona.”

 

 

 

I don’t want happened but there was a sudden change in mood. I find myself unable to look away at her gorgeous eyes and she seems to stare back at mine. I had no control of myself and I came closer to her, she must have notice cause she backs away yet I keep coming closer until her back hit the wall behind and she had nowhere to go.

 

I her cheek gently, leaning closer…

 

 

--

 

 

 

The door clicks open making the two look and Minghao backing away. Mingyu comes in and was caught off guard by the two’s presence. He stares at them oddly.

“Were the two of you in here all this time?” Mingyu questions them.

 

“Kim Mingyu.” Mingyu stands frozen when Soonyoung comes up and hugs him while thanking him. “You are a life savior. Thank you, really thank you.” Mingyu turns red from the close contact but it quickly disappears since Soonyoung stop and rushes off to leave, heading to her room.

Mingyu was left baffled. “Did that just happen?” He questions Minghao, the younger of the two just sighs and walks pass him. Minghao was dumbfounded.

 

---

 

 

“What is wrong with me? Why was I so enthralled by his stare? Soonyoung get a grip!” I continued to fan my warm face with my hands hoping to calm down. Just then I saw Junhui passing by, he takes a small glance at me and I felt my heart throbbing.

Sudden images of what happened between us flash through my mind.

 

..

 

I fell down trying to catch that remote and I turned to look at him just to realize I was on top of him, our face so close that one wrong move could change it. My heart was pounding staring at his astound face. His suddenly looking at me so intensely. Is he studying me right now? I followed his eyesight staring back at me then to my cheeks, he rubs a thumb gently on it, I couldn’t help but blush. Just then he stops and stares at my…lips.

I end up gulping, feeling nervous all of a sudden. He bites his lip and I bit mine as well in anticipation of his next move.

 

 “J-Junhui.” I called his name feeling antsy. His eyes look back at mine, he seems to be hesitating just then he slowly leans in, I closed my eyes tightly, braving it as his lips ghost past mine.

 

..

 

 

I shake the thought out of my head. No. Snap out of it Soonyoung!’

 

 

I head to the bathroom hoping to splash my face with water to keep me cool. Just as I was about to open it, someone beats me to it and comes out of the room. I was face to face with Wonwoo, a small towel around his neck, hair still wet. I was startled and was left speechless cause he look so handsome.

My eyes slowly went down and I let out a sigh of relief seeing he was fully clothed yet my mind was somewhere else.

 

..

 

“Ah…”

 

 

He looks at her and she stops what she was doing and looks at him. They were staring at each other for a few seconds when it both processed in their minds.

 

She was and in the shower and he was standing at the bathroom door staring at her owlishly.

 

 

 

 

“Ah…”

“Shouldn’t you be screaming by now?” He asks her, quickly looking away after witnessing such scene.

“Why? You’ve already seen me without clothes anyway.” Apparently it hasn’t occurred to Soonyoung that his present self is a little different.

 

“As a guy yes but as a girl…”

“As a girl…Oh! I’m a girl now.”

 

 

She stares at herself up and down and thus realizes that yes she was a girl and yes she was currently coz she was taking a shower and Wonwoo just saw her female self and in the shower.

 

 

“I think I should scream now.”

“O….kay…”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“AHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

 

 

..

 

“Soonyoung?” His deep voice broke me from my thoughts and I end up staring back at him, droplets dripping from his hair so slowly, like the movies. My cheeks flushed from his look and I quickly turned around and walk away from him.

 

 

 

 

 

‘My mind’s a mess right now. I’m a guy, I’m attracted to girls. So why am I suddenly feeling weird around them?’

 


 

A/N: I guess Hao likes her too, also I had to include that scene coz Wonwoo said he looks good after showering, and wow I actually made an update.