Chapter 1

What's Happening?!

 


 

 

Soonyoung was feeling excited, his birthday was coming soon and he can’t wait to celebrate it. He tries to act as nonchalantly as possible pretending he doesn’t remember at all. His dreams were just coming true. He’s finally a singer, he choreographs dances and he has people to share his passion with.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

What could ever go wrong?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Apparently everything.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And it all started the night before his 21st birthday when he receives a call from his parents.

 

 

 

 

“Eomma, Appa. Annyeong!!!” He greets them.

“You seem excited my dear.” His mother speaks.

“Well a certain day is coming soon.” He tries to keep down his esxcitement.

 

 

The call went silent for awhile.

 

 

“Ma?”

 

 

He hears shuffling then a cough.

 

 

“It’s your Father.”

“Aboji. Annyeong!!!”

“Still as cheerful as ever I see.”

“Of course. I learn from the best.” He smiles into the phone, hoping his father could sense his excitement. His father chuckles, so he deems that success.

“Son… Since your birthday is coming soon I wanted to greet you a Happy Birthday.” His father greets.

“Thanks Appa.”

“But listen to me.” His father starts. “You’re turning 21 and I want you to prepare yourself cause you’re in for a big surprise.”

“Don’t worry Appa, I can handle anything.”

“I hope so. You could always call us if you need anything, anything at all. We are here for you.” His father tells him.

“I know.” He smiles.

 

 

Just then he sees the rest of the members standing up. Breaks over.

 

 

“Oh! I have to go now. We still got to practice. Thanks again Appa. I love you. And tell Eomma I love her too.” He says in to the phone.

“I love you too and good luck my son. We’re always here to support you.” His father replies. “Goodbye.”

“Good bye and good night aboji.”

 

 

And that was the end of their call. Soonyoung feels better now that he managed to speak to his family. He goes back to serious mode and starts practicing once more. It was going to be a long day.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Did he say long? He means short, yeah definitely short. It was 30 minutes pass 11 and it was nearing midnight, he was left alone in the dance practice room, coming up with a new choreography for their comeback.

 

He was repeating this one move once more when he suddenly felt nauseous. He blinks it away trying to pass it off and goes back to perfecting the move but he feels it again, making him stumble this time. He guesses there was no use forcing himself or he’ll get sick so he calls it a day and heads back to the dorm.

 

 

The walk home was even harder. He’s nausea was getting worst, he felt like he could drop at any moment.

 

 

 

“Am I that tired? I feel so dizzy.” He pries it off once more, trying to stay awake just until he gets home.

 

 

His vision was starting to blur and he suddenly finds it hard to breath.

 

 

“W-What…” He wheezes. “is…” he wheezes once more. “happening to me?” he wheezes again. He tries to catch his breath.

 

 

 

 

 

In. Out. In. Out.

 

 

 

 

He tries to remind himself. He was nearing the dorm, so with whatever ounce of energy he had left, he walks into the place goes to directly to the elevator, he squints his eyes nearer to the floor numbers and with shaky fingers presses their floor.

 

His wheezing was becoming worse; his sight was blurring even more and he was in a state of losing conscious. He had to get to their dorm soon and perhaps call a doctor. This was not normal anymore.

He managed to get to their dorm, types in their code (still with shaky fingers and squinting eyes) and heads straight to his room. As he neared his bed, his body finally gave up and he fainted right into bed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

One of the members came home early and saw Soonyoung fast asleep on his bed in a straining position, so he fixes his position, that way it won’t strain his back, places a blanket on him and goes to do his night routine.

The rest of the members came home too tired to think and fell fast asleep on their own beds. Nobody notice anything strange; but what they don’t know, it already happened.

 

 

 

 

 

The clock struck 12 midnight, it was June 15.

 

 

---

 

 

 

Soonyoung wakes up the next day feeling unusual and it’s even more so since the whole dorm seems so peaceful. He opens his eyes slowly and runs a hand through his hair.

 

 

 

 

Wait!

 

 

 

 

His eyes widen. He rises from his position and realizes his hair had grown longer. He stops and stares at his hands. They’ve become smaller and slimmer.

 

 

 

He suddenly felt chills all over.

 

 

 

He slowly looks down and sees…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Them.

 

 

 

 

He removed his blanket away from his legs and lets out a downhearted sigh. He’s hunch was right!

 

 

 

 

 

As of this moment, Kwon Soonyoung has become female.

 

 

 

 

 

“So the curse is real. I’ve actually become a girl.” He…. She says sadly, realizing her voice had become softer.

“What do I do now? I don’t know how the others are going to take this.” She lets out another sad sigh.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The Kwon Family’s history held a deep secret. They were cursed.

At least all Kwon males were.

Due to one of their ancestor, deceiving and angering a witch, all male family members now suffer a curse of turning female by the age of 21. The only way to break the curse is to find someone who truly loves them as they are; both as male and female.

 

 

 

 

 

Great!

 

 

 

 

 

How was he she going to find that someone when he never actually dated before and worse, they’re banned from dating. It was hard enough that he was a teen idol; now he’s a teen idol who is cursed.

 

 

 

 

 

What kind of a fairytale was he she living in?

 

 

 

---

 

 

Soonyoung gets out of bed, her shorts falling down her legs, now that she was female. She shrugs it off; at least her shirt was long enough. She heads off to the dorm’s kitchen and decides to make coffee.

 

 

“I wonder how effective this thing really is.” She thinks as she opens a sachet of coffee and places the contents inside her cup and adds hot water through their water dispenser.

 

 

 

As she was making coffee, a million thoughts pop into her head, but one keeps on recurring.

 

 

 

‘How was she gonna explain all this to the other members?’

 

 

 

Speaking of the others, she wondered where they were since the dorm is oddly empty ‘cept for her presence. And as if on cue her question was answered when an awfully familiar deep raspy voice in panic-stricken tone asked;

 

 

“Who are you? And how did you get here?”

 

 

She felt her heart pace quicker. It’s now or never.

 

 

She turns around to see 12 pairs of confused and surprised eyes looking at her.

 

 

 

“Soo-Soonyoung?” One of them questions.

“Coffee?” She offers hoping to break the awkward tension that is building up.

 

 

 

 

Oh boy! She had a lot of explaining to do.

 

 

 


A/N: yes I know that DWC won on Hoshi’s birthday but for the story sake, let us all assume that DWC Era won’t happen till later time and that they have a loooong break.