-03-

Espresso

"UHM HELLO MISS STUBBORN WHY HAVEN'T YOU CALLED ME YET??? IT'S BEEN HOURS AND YOU'RE NEVER LIKE THAT! PLEASE EXPLAIN RIGHT THIS MOMENT OR I'M GOING THERE." 

Of course Wheein's not calm. Yongsun removed her phone from her ear as she thought of ways how she could lie to her best friend, she could just say she forgot but she really never did forget to text Wheein that she got home every time so it's most probably no use. Wheein will surely know, one way or another.

"Wheein-ahh.... Calm down please...." "I'm sorry I'm fine I was just...."

"Just??" Wheein asked waiting for Yongsun to talk more.

Should I really tell her? Ughh... So I survived from that guy but I'm gonna get killed by Wheein instead... great!

Just when she was about to talk on the phone again, she felt a light tap on her hand. It was Byul again, this time mouthing an "Is everything okay?" to her. 

"Ye-yeah it's fine....i guess" Yongsun whispered careful to not let the girl on the other line hear her.

"Want me to explain to your friend?" Byul whispered back with a smirk.

Yes...please save me....

"No-no it's fine thank you" Yongsun managed to smile weakly at the younger girl who nodded back at her.

"Wheein-ah I'm i-"

"WAIT!!" Wheein interrupted.

"Is what you're about to say gonna make my blood boil?" She added after a short pause.

"Uhmm... honestly? Yea-yeah I- I think so." Yongsun didn't really know how to respond. She heard Wheein take deep breaths on the other line trying to calm herself down.

"Okay.... spill it unnie"

"But please just listen to the whole thing first ok?"

"Okay okay just TELL ME!"

"Well I-I'm in the police station right now and-"

"What?! That's it. Text me where.. we'll go to you so you better stay there till we come unnie."

"Didn't I say to listen to the whole -"

Did that girl just hung up on me while I was speaki- Wow.... 

Yongsun stared at Wheein's caller ID while sighing in disbelief not knowing that a certain someone was also staring at her while smiling, strangely relieved that she is safe and is now alright.

 

After an hour or so, Byul was now standing awkwardly between Yongsun and a cute shorter woman hugging her and a black haired woman who looked fierce (hot to be exact). 

"Unnieee!!! Why are you here??? Oh my go- what happened?" The girl who hugged Yongsun said after they broke the hug.​

Byul stared at the two other girls who looked familiar to her.

"Unnie....Are you alright??" The other girl finally asked, trying to sound calm but Byul can still see the hint of worry in her face.

"Hey.... I'm really sorry I caused you two all this trouble." 

"It's fine unnie.. but you better tell us what happened... I just dragged Hyejin from our date to see you here..."

"Sorry Hyejin-ah" Yongsun turned to the black haired girl and pouted.

"It's okay unnie." The woman chuckled. "But please tell us what the hell actually happened... I'm dying to know..."

"Well...." Yongsun started, finding the right words to not enrage her friends too much when she tells them what happened hours ago. She roamed her eyes around the station and landed on Byul who was feeling quite out of place.

"Wait by the way... This is Moon Byuli... Well, she-she saved me so... yeah... Byul these are my friends, Wheein and Hyejin" Yongsun said while pointing to the girls beside her.

"Oh nice to meet you Moon Byul-ssi" The two girls introduced themselves and so did Byul as they bowed to each other.

"Wait so miss hottie here saved you?? Wait... From what?? Unnie seriously...." The girl who was introduced to her as Hyejin asked Yongsun.

Byul can't help but chuckle at the fierce-looking (but strangely cute, according to Byul) woman's words.

"Well... someone was following me when I was going home and then she pulled me to an alley and we hid there."

While their report was being processed Wheein and Hyejin spent their time pushing Yongsun to tell all the details of what happened and Yongsun decided to tell them everything while Byul excused herself for a while to secretly buy coffee for the girls, it was not like she can join in the conversation either. 

When Byul went back, it was a complete mess. There was a familiar man who had very red cheeks held back by two policemen with his hands bound in handcuffs. Then, there was also Wheein being held back by Hyejin and Yongsun to prevent her from landing any more punches on the man's face.

It was the man earlier. Byul felt her anger rise up to her chest as she closed her free hand into a fist. 

Oh that lucky bastard... I should've beaten his to a pulp when I had the chance. Byul thought to herself but decided against it. She walked closer trying to look calm with the drinks in her hand until she saw a familiar tattoo on the man's wrist.

That tattoo. He must be one of them. Finally. Byul abruptly stopped walking, hundreds of thoughts coming in her head.

"YOU ING JERK! HOW DARE YOU TRY TO DO SOMETHING TO OUR UNNIE!!! I'M NOT GONNA LET THIS PASS!!" Wheein cursed all the way at the expressionless man who didn't even flinch at the close proximity of her fist to his face.

After repeated attempts of the 3 other girls to calm Wheein down, the shortest girl finally managed to cool down with the help of the espresso Byul bought.

After signing some papers, they decided to go home. It was the longest day Yongsun ever had since the cafe opened and finally it was now over, all thanks to a certain someone and to her friends

"Hey Byul." Yongsun caught the other girl dreadfully staring at the man who was now in the precint. Yongsun's voice interrupted Byul's thoughts, quickly turning her head away from the man and to the elder woman in front of her.

"I re-I really am thankful for what you did for me a while ago. I have never been so afraid before....honestly. I really thought that everything would end then and there and I- I was just so scared." Yongsun trembled as she remembered that she almost died if not because of Byul. 

For the 2nd time that night, Byul didn't know what to do (which was never the case with Byul). She carefully grasped both of Yongsun's hands to help her calm down.

"Hey unnie it's okay... I just did it because i saw that you needed help. I'm sure others would also do what I did. But please be extra careful next time okay? I don't want to see you hurt again." But of course Byul didn't tell the last sentence out loud or she would sound creepy. But those were honest words that she wished she could say to Yongsun, maybe someday.

"Yes, I promise." Yongsun said smiling with tears falling down from her brown orbs again. She pulled the younger woman to a hug hoping that she would know how extremely thankful she is to her.

Byul stiffened at the sudden move but later on managed to relax and hugged the woman back.

Please don't get hurt again..... I'll protect you no matter what.

○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○

"Oh so you live close to us then Byuli unnie." Hyejin said while they were fixing their seatbelts, ready for the drive home. The 3 other girls offered (more like obliged) Byul to ride the car with them home because it was too late and they wanted to atleast pay her back for saving Yongsun's life earlier.

"Ahh really? I've never seen you guys before though." Byul chuckled slightly.

LIE.

"Not really an outdoor type of person." Yongsun looked back from the passenger seat and chuckled.

"Well, we just laze our free day away so that may explain it unnie." Wheein added.

"By the way, Where do you work Byul?"

...

"Uh-Uh M-me? I---I'm a pianist for random events. I sometimes play in bars or cafes."

Well, that's not totally a lie.

"Oh wow... That's so cool. You must be really good then.... Can you teach me unnie? Yongsun unnie is also good with the piano but she never taught me how." Wheein said in a mocking tone making Hyejin and Yongsun giggle.

"Sure, Wheein." Byul laughed at the girl beside her.

After their random conversations, they finally arrived in front of Byul's apartment. Yongsun stepped out as Byul was heading in the building.

"Byul! Uhhh-- You should visit us in the cafe if you need something, okay? It's that one across the street. I- I just really want to repay you in any way."

Cute... Byul thought and let out a small chuckle. 

"I wont ask for anything in return unnie. Just be safe okay? Don't worry I'll visit you if I need something." Byul smiled and said her goodbye as she waved at the 2 girls in the car.

Byul has entered halfway when she stopped and went back outside hoping that the girls haven't left yet.

"Actually.." Byul panted, catching air.

"I think I need something..."

Byul entered her apartment, she was tired but very satisfied. It was a fulfilling day, even more because she has done her job and had enough courage to get Yongsun's number. 

She laid on her bed holding her phone, staring at the new contact she just added a while ago.

You'll be safe from now on.... I promise that..And once I do, I won't break them....

Byul thought of Yongsun and the two other girls, who she herself knows well, before she drifted to sleep. It was probably the best she had in a while.

 

¤_¤

HERE'S CHAP 3!!! DID IT CONFUSE U ALL? LMAO R U NOW DOUBTING BYUL?? :)))) IN THE NEXT CHAPS U'LL BE ABLE TO KNOW WHO BYUL REALLY IS AND WTH IS ACTUALLY HAPPENING IN THE STORY. SO YEAH SEE U THERE..... BTW THANK U ALL FOR SUBSCRIBING AND COMMENTING :"")) I APPRECIATE THEM ALL AND I'LL DO MY BEST IN WRITING THIS FIC... LUV U ALL... KEEP SMILING :)))

 

 

And yes... you read the last paragraph right.... she knows them well ;)))