-02-

Espresso

It was then that Yongsun caught a good glimpse of the woman's eyes. They weren't intimidating at all, in fact, they were filled with fear and anxiety- just like hers. Not to add, they were beautiful.

When she calmed down, the woman removed her hand from Yongsun's mouth and placed her  own snapback on Yongsun's head, revealing her golden locks that Yongsun could barely see because of the dark alley they are in.

"Just keep your head down." The woman said leaning her body closer to Yongsun preventing her to be seen.

Not long after, Yongsun saw a shadow of a man holding something passing by the road seeming like he was looking for someone. He stopped by the dark alley were the two girls were hiding and walked away in anger because he couldn't see a thing.

After a few seconds, Yongsun felt the stranger's body loosen up against hers and heard her exhale heavily.

"Are you okay, miss?" The stranger asked while catching her breath after holding it in for what seems to be forever.

Yongsun was still too caught up with what happened to hear the words of the stranger. Noticing how she was still in a trance, the stranger waved her hand across Yongsun's face to wake her up.

"Hey, are you okay?" She asked again softly. But now catching Yongsun's attention.

"U-uh.. ye-yeah.." Was all the still dazed woman could say.

"I'm really sorry if I shocked you... How are you feeling? Can you walk properly?"

"N-no, no. It's o-okay. I was.. just shocked. I really thought I was going to die." Yongsun stuttered as she failed to fight her tears back. It was all too much for her.

The stranger didn't know what to do to calm the bawling girl in front of her. She awkwardly hugged Yongsun and caressed her hair.

"Hey i-it's okay... You're fine now, don't worry."

Strangely, Yongsun seemed to calm down with the woman's words and not long after, her tears stopped from pouring.

"Thank you for saving my life. I was really scared and I didn't know what to do. Thank you so much.." Yongsun said, breaking the hug.

"No problem.... Screw that bastard. I knew he was up to something." "But be careful next time okay? Pretty girls like you shouldn't be walking around this late at night. You should ask someone to accompany you."

Yongsun nodded as she felt her cheeks heat up a bit. It may be because of the fear she has been keeping since she was being followed by the man.

"By the way, I'm Moon Byuli, just Byul for you." Byul said while reaching out her hand, a small smile grazing her lips, careful not to scare Yongsun any further.

"Kim Yongsun, just Yongsun." Yongsun said while shaking their hands gently.

They decided to report it to the police since the station isn't that far from their current location.

"I was walking home from work. Then I saw someone trailing behind unnie so I tried to follow them for a bit but when he was getting closer to her, he pulled out a knife from his pocket so when she turned the corner I grabbed her and we hid in an alley." Byul told to the police officer in front of them.

So... it was really a knife huh? Yongsun thought to herself, reminding her that she would have surely died if Byul wasn't there. She reminded herself to be indebted to Byul forever, if possible.

"He has been following me since I reached the corner of the street and he didn't leave since. The last thing I remembered, he was about to pull something out from his pocket before Byul pulled my hand." Yongsun managed to clearly state what happened moments ago despite the fear that is still creeping in her body. Not until Yongsun felt a light squeeze in her hand, it was the woman who saved her, looking at her with a small smile as if saying that she's there and it will be alright. Byul may have seen the hint of anxiety in Yongsun's voice causing her to be concerned with the older woman.

Moments after, Yongsun's train of thoughts was interrupted by a familiar sound, it was her ringtone. Yongsun felt anxiety creep up to her body again as she saw Wheein's caller ID. 

... How could I forget...

Wheein has always been good at telling whether Yongsun was lying. Well, the fact that they have known each other for so long kind of gives it off, but Yongsun could never lie to the younger girl even if she tried to. Surely, Wheein would scold her because it was truly her fault for not bringing her car with her. At least she could relate with Wheein wanting to scold herself for being too stubborn. But it's too late now. Yongsun gulped hard before answering the phone.

¤_¤

ELLO Y'ALL I'M SORRY FOR THE SHORT CHAPTERS. I'M STILL BUILDING THE STORY UP BUT THE STORYLINE WILL REALLY BEGIN ON THE NEXT CHAP.... SO SEE U ALL AGAIN... HOPEFULLY SOON.. IF SCHOOL WON'T MURDER MY LUV U ALL AND KEEP SMILING :)))