teaser

The new generation. STORY STARTING !

teaser

 

a new beginning. 

The room was finally silent. The woman, who was sitting at the windowsill in her quarters, carefully raised herself from her position, trying not to wake the sleeping infant in her arms. She smiled at the little figure, swaying her in her arms while walking to another room and laying her down with care. She heard the door open, wondering who would visit her at this time and hurried back into the livingroom.

There she was, the woman who was like a mother to her, sitting there like the beauty she still was. It was like the years had gone past her, looking like the same old princess whom defeated the empire. Not that the woman knew how the former princess looked back then. She had only been a baby that time, but from everything her mother had told her, she could imagine it clearly. "Autumn, I hope it is okay for me to just barge in here." Autumn smiled at the woman and took a seat next to her. "Of course. My quarters are always available for you. You care for some tea?" The older one shook her head. "Water is fine." Autumn nodded and brushed her brown hair up into a ponytail. She moved into the kitchen and took two glasses out of the upper cabinet, filling them with water. "You look so worried. What is the matter?", the younger one automatically frowned as she handed her foster mother the glass. Leia laughed. "Oh dear, you don't have it everyday that a whole group of new people come here." She sipped at her water and carefully placed it down on her lap. Autumn looked at her and grinned. "Don't tell me you are nervous, because you have to give the speech tomorrow!?" She nudged the former princess into the side and earned a look in return. "Nervous? No not that. It's you who mentors them after all." She again, sipped on her water with an innocent look on her face.

Autumn froze. "Me? Wha- Why? What have I done to earn this? Why didn't you tell me this sooner?" The older one put her glass down and took Autumns hands into her own. "Honey, I trust only you with this. After all, you're family. Not blood related, of course, but I grew up with your mother. Autumn, I was there when you were born, I watched you become this beautiful woman and I assure you there is really no other one I can imagine for this task. I know you can do this. Those new kids will be scared, confused and they need a strong woman to lead them." Autumn rolled her eyes. "Sounds more like you need a babysitter and no one else wanted the job. Can't Poe do it? I'm sure he would be delighted." Leia shook her head and hugged the brunette. "Like it or not, it's an order." Autumn made a face behind the elders back and let out a breath she didn't know she was holding. "Then I need you to find someone who can look after Summer."

author's note

 

Just a little teaser so you know what you getting yourself into. Here you can see how I write and take a first look on the "mentor" of the new Resistance generation. 

P.S. : I will post the Cheatsheet and start the application process on Sunday and it will be closed on February 14th. :))