Chapter 1.0

The new generation. STORY STARTING !

 


 

Autumn twitched as another laser beam shot above her head and nearly missed her.
It looked bad. Really bad.
She looked to her right where one of the recruits stood hidden with an expression of pure shock. She felt so sorry for him. What was supposed to be their welcome party turned out to become their first mission. 



When the sirens went off at 8 in the morning, Autumn had stormed out in panic. She hated sirens in the morning and was half relieved Summer had been awake before they went off. She met Leia soon after and her face told stories. Bad stories.
„There has been an abduction. We sent someone out to save them, but they had been taken under control. All of the others are still on different missions and we have no other way but to send you out with the rookies.“
Autumn laughed like this was some joke, because Leia was obviously out of her mind. 

„But they are rookies. Most of them don’t know how to fight. We’d be sending them on a suicide mission. You cannot possible think of following that plan.“
Autumn wanted her to smile and say something like „busted“ or Poe to jump out and laugh at her for believing everything but she didn’t. 

And so they where here on this far off first order based planet, with a handful of rookies and many hostages that they were supposed to free. Leia convinced her that nothing will happen. That this is a secondary station with not many stormtroopers and no men of name.

 That she will send someone to back them up as fast as she could.

The brown haired girl pulled her thoughts back on track and caught the sight of Illyria on the other side of the field, signing Autumn to give her cover while she would run ahead. She nodded and wanted to get into position as she saw a red-haired girl rushing past her, with no cover and surely into her death.
Illyria mirrored Autumn’s horrorfied look and they instantly knew that the old plan was changed. A new plan surfaced. Cover for the girl, protect her with all costs, so Autumn could kill her later. 


But before she could lift her blaster, the rookie girl had already run towards two stormtroopers who were standing beside each other. She let herself fall to her knees and slid between the two enemies with a warrior scream. Once she was past them she turned around, pulled a sword that was fixed to her back and sliced the hollow of their knees.
Not even a second later while the enemies were still falling to the floor, she grabbed one of their blasters with her free hand and shot another Stormtrooper on the other side of the field right into the neck. 



Autumnn raised her left brow. This was definitely not what she expected. She was impressed. But she was still going to kill her.
„Formation.“, she yelled to the new girl and Illyria and they moved steadily as a triangle. Steady and in unison. From the way the new girl moved, one could tell that she has done this before. 


The hostages were found 15 minutes later and they made a move to quickly leave the planet, as suddenly at least 70 stormtroopers appeared in front of their eyes. The universe was definitely hating her. They had been too eager, too naive. They were barely 20 people including the rookies and 30 hostages without weapons. She needed no calculator to know that they are screwed.
Autumn watched the new kids. Was this their end? The first mission to be their last? They had to work it somehow. She was in charge. She had to protect them at all costs. No one will be dying today. But before the brunette could lift her blaster a familiar voice froze the blood in her veins.
„Don’t even think about it. You have no chance. We’ve outnumbered you.“, Hux made his way through the stormtrooper crowd and Autumn had to suppress a desperate laughter. Sure. Why was that dude everywhere? He looked at Autumn and continued.
„Surrender before we kill you all.“ His gaze wandered over to the new kids and for a short amount of time he looked thrown off. Autumn followed his gaze to the slicer girl from before and Autumn felt like he looked confused. Flustered. And a little bit hurt.
The redhead just dodged his gaze at all means, when they suddenly heard a cry from the sky. 

Every head turned towards the noise and Autumn finally found her smile as she saw the familiar x wing fighter of her best friends leading about 40 other ones into their direction. The woman grabbed her in-ear communication device and laughed out loud.
 
„It's about time.“ On the other side, there was a laughter. 
„Sorry guys, Poe was having it again and needed a little punishment.“
Autumn shook her head at Kalena’s bickering and heard the slicer girl mumble something under her breath along „I bet he did.“ There was no time to be confused or outgrossed by the comment when the fight already continued.
„Illyria get the kids and then take the hostages to the ship. Slicer girl, you and me, we cover them until they are saved. GO.“ 


In the corner of her eyes, she saw Hux fleeing, not without a last glance at the redheaded newcomer. Something was strange. Something was going on.


After another 15 minutes before they reached the ship and they could finally return to the base. During the flight, every one of them was silent. The happenings were draining for each and every one of them.
They left the ship and finally could breathe again. Entering the base was always like leaving all the troubles behind. It was a sign that you survived. That there was still hope. 



„I feel so sorry that you had to spend your day like this. I really didn’t want you to come along, but being in the resistance means doing things you don’t want to do. But let me tell you one thing. This today was your ordeal. It’s not going to get easier. To be honest, it was pure luck that you survived today. Nobody of you is even close to being ready. Even you.“ 


The redheaded girl looked up to find Autumn looking at her dead eye. The older girl leaned towards her and whispered into her ear for only her to hear.
„I know you are a skilled fighter. I could tell from today. But being cocky and only believing in your skills is not being tolerated. If you do another one-man show you’ll get to know me. Is that clear?“ The girl looked like she wanted to protest like she wanted to say something, but she kept silent and nodded obediently.
„Good. Firstly, we cherish teamwork here. Surely you are and individuals, but you are also a part of a whole. As a family, we protect each other with our lives. Today I was ready to die for you on that field. For peace, for the resistance. From tomorrow on, you will too.“ 



Autumns smile resurfaced on her face. „OKAY. You did great today. I’m so thankful you made it out alive and healthy. Come on, let’s group hug.“ They all gathered and hugged for a while.
„Living far from home and your family will be hard on you and missing physical contact like hugging is normal, too. If you have a hard time or simply need a hug now and then, I’m willing to lend you a shoulder. Don’t be scared to talk to each other as well, okay? Love is what makes us strong and happy. Now get going. You must be starving. Dinner should be ready by now. We’ll meet tomorrow here at 7 am. Sleep well.“

author's note

 

Hey guys. 
The first chapter is officially finished and I hope you like it.
Structure wise I will always switch between the Resistance and First Order,
half of the chapter being for the baddies and the full chapter being for the goodies.
So that after each Chapter, every side has had their fair share. :))