Chapter 1

Droplets of Love

Clink the bell rings from the door being opened, informing that a new guest is coming into the store.

“Welcome to Le Ciel Café, how many person?” I said as I rush to the new guest, giving him a light bow and smile.

“Just one,” he said coldly as my head still looking on the floor.

I raised my head up still smiling while internally scoffing, what’s with him? I thought in my head. I looked at him a little still smiling, “Let me take you to your seat,”.

So I assisted the cold guy to the table beside the window, it’s raining outside and it’s night already. There’s not much customer right now in this weather. I’m not really a fan of this cold guy but I could really use a customer right now.

“Would you like to look at the menu for a while or may I take your order now?” I asked him as I handed him the menu, still smiling while he’s just look out of the window.

“I’ll take a look first, I’ll call you when I’m ready to order,” he answered.

“Alright then, please do call me when you’re ready, if I can make a suggestion, our Hot Cocoa would be perfect in this cold rainy night,”

“I’ll take that then,” he handed me the menu book right away not even looking at it, “and any food you recommended as well.”

What the heck? What is wrong with this guy??

“Okay… sir… please wait for your order,” I went back to my station and put the order.

“Seokmin hyung, one hot cocoa and fritters platter please,” I said to Seokmin, the cook of this café and also my roommate.

“We have customer? Alright I’ll make it right away Seungkwan-ah,” answered Seokmin hyung happily.

My name is Seungkwan, Boo Seungkwan, boy from Jeju who’s now living in Seoul with his tacky dorky childhood friend Seokmin. We both worked in, ehem also owned, this little café called Le Ciel Café, it’s basically French for Paradise Café.

It is just a little café, we don’t have that much customer but we do have regular customers so we managed to live from this. Enough to pay rent, and other living cost. We also hired a part timer, but since there’s not much customers today we decided to send him home first. We’re actually about to close the café and go home early around 10 minutes before this guy came in, but since he’s a customer anyway, going home can be postponed.

“Seungkwan’ah, didn’t you hear the bell? The food is ready,” Said Seokmin hyung as he patted my shoulder.

“Why are you here and not in the kitchen?” I asked him back after I realized he’s not in the kitchen.

“Didn’t I said it before? The food is ready, and you’re clearly didn’t hear me ringing the bell for like 18 times, and why are you looking like that? Stop frowning you’ll get wrinkles!”

“Nothing, it just, I don’t really like the customer, he feel… cold.” I told Seokmin who’s already peeking at the customer I talked about and he sighed.

“Cold or not, he is still our customer, we should be thankful that he come to our café and we should serve him with our best, okay? Now go deliver his order, or it won’t be hot cocoa anymore.” Said Seokmin hyung handing me the food tray.

Well, he is right, like it or not, he is our customer. So I took the food tray and start walking to him.

As I expected, he is still sitting in silence looking out of the window.

“Sorry to keep you waiting, here’s your hot cocoa to warm you up, and fritter platter would be perfect to go with our hot cocoa, well it is also because I kinda confused what to order,” and he still just sit there emptily looking at me, “Sorry, maybe I talked too much, please enjoy your food and drinks, I’ll be at the counter.”

“Well that was embarrassing,” Said Seokmin hyung out of nowhere.

“You scared me, again, why are you not in the kitchen?”

“There’s no more order, and I already cleaned up, and also because I’m going home first.” He said nonchalantly while smiling.

“No no no, you can’t do that! What if he wants something more??”

“Nah.. he won’t, beside, if he did order something more you can just tell him we’re closing soon and not taking more order. Also, I’m going to meet Soonyoung that’s why I’m going first hehe.”

“Ugh, I should have known. Alright, I’ll take care of it then. Just go now.” I told him and he just keep smiling and hugged me saying thank you for letting him go first.

I started cleaning the café, again, as I wait for our dear last customer to go home but he’s still sitting there looking out of the window in silences while holding the hot cocoa cup. He sometimes look at me but then look away again.

Not long after, he went to the counter to pay for his bill.

“Everything would be 8,000krw” I said to him still putting on my best smile. He handed me a 10,000 bill and said “Keep the change” and just leave like that.

“What? Seriously what’s with him.” I talked to myself, putting the money in and quickly went to clean his table. He finished his cocoa but it seems like he didn’t even touch the food.

“He asked for food recommendation and he didn’t even touch it?? Such a waste of food.” I cleaned up his table as I eat the fritters. Okay, in my defense, he didn’t even touch it, so it’s not dirty, and it’s not right to throw away food, these fritters are still eatable.

Time to close the store.

“Morning sleepy head,” Greeted Seokmin hyung while cooking breakfast as I walk out of my room.

“Good morning hyung, you sure wake up early today, not to mention the bright smile, did something good happened last night?” I asked him suspicious. “What time did you arrive anyway? You’re not home when I got here last night.”

“Nothing happened, we just went to have a bite and watch some movies at his place,” he answered shyly. “What about you? Did everything go well with the cold customer last night?” He asked trying to change the subject. Which obviously working because now I’m thinking about that cold guy.

“Oh my God! You have to know!!! I don’t understand what’s going on with him, he just sat there looking out of the window sipping his hot cocoa no words at all! And he didn’t even touch the fritters! He went to the counter to pay and only said ‘Keep the change’ and left me just like that, what is wrong with him??” I spilled everything annoyed.

“Okay, first of all, how dare he not eat the food I make??? Is it bad? I’m sure it taste good though…” Sulked Seokmin hyung.

“No, it’s good it’s really good I ate them,”

“You what???? Seungkwan-ah….”

“What?? Don’t judge me, he didn’t even touch it so it’s basically new, it’s not good to waste food.”

“That I agree, but please don’t do it again… anyway, you’re getting to worked up over someone you barely knew,” Said Seokmin while handing me my breakfast. The good thing about living with Seokmin hyung is you’ll never hungry, he’s a great cook, he’s not exactly a chef or anything but he cook really well and everything he makes are tasty.

His words got me thinking though, why would I be so annoyed like this over someone I barely knew? We met just one time and the possibility of us meeting again is pretty thin.

Today the weather is pretty good, it’s sunny and warm, not as cold compare to yesterday. More customer came to our Café today, our part-timer Juyeon is more than happy to finally be able to work again. I need to thank him as well because most of our regular customers came because of him, Juyeon is what you called as ‘Flower Boy’ which is perfect in our café since we have garden theme.

“Seokmin-hyung, 2 White Queen Tteokbokki, 1 Lemonade and 1 Strawberry Delight please,” Ordered Juyeon.

“You’re working hard today, thanks to you our customers are so loyal and more are coming in as well.”

“Hehe, no Hyung, it’s because everyone likes it here and the foods are delicious as well,”

“I know, that, plus your handsomeness, it what makes it perfect,” I said to Juyeon making the younger one blushed by the compliment.

Juyeon is busy going from one table to another, it was quiet crowded today, from opening to almost closing time.

“Juyeon-ah, you can go home now, I can finish it here,” I said to Juyeon.

“No it’s okay Hyung, I can finish as well,” refused Juyeon.

“Ey, don’t be like that, you’ve worked hard to day, you can go home now, and also take this foods with you for you to eat.” Seokmin chimed in while handing Juyeon boxes of foods. “It’s not leftover foods, I just made this for you to eat,”

Juyeon seems troubled and embarrassed to receive our kindness, but seriously, he worked hard today and we really do cherish him. He’s nice kind.

“Thank you hyung, the two of you really treat me nicely and I feel like I can’t thank you enough…” he took the box that Seokmin hyung is handing to him while lowering his head and smiling lightly.

“Raise your head up, you always helped us here too, and because of you customers are coming into our store, now get your stuff, go home, and get some rest,” I said.

Not long after Juyeon gets home, the sky is getting cloudy and it starts drizzling. We’re about to close the store when the bell rings. Cling

 

-AN-

"Hi, this is rogue94, I've started a new story and I think it's going to take long to finish, i was going to make another one shot but it turns out to be a little bit longer than I thought it would be, let me know what you think on the comment box below, and I'll try hard to finish the story faster ^^ 

Oh and also, the story is in Seungkwan's POV, please do bear with the grammatical errors that you might find throughout the story TT TT English is not exactly my first language, enjoy the story"