My New Roommate

OPPA, You Are The One

 

~~Elynne’s POV~~

I followed ahjusshi’s instructions. I went to SHINee’s training room. As expected, they are all there, and as I slowly opened the door, all 5 pairs of eyes stared at me.

“Annyeonghasaeyo. Cheon neon Elynne imnida. I am the new trainee assigned in this room.” I said trying to be confident.

“Oh! So you must be Kim Elynne?” The manager asked me.

“Ne, Manager Orabeoni.” I replied.

“Have a seat, everyone. We have to talk for a while.” He ordered.

Everyone else took a seat. I sat beside Manager Orabeoni. Manager explained everything; their new setting and situation. He also asked SHINee’s help in my improvement as a trainee.

“We understand each other, right?” Manager asked.

“And Onewie-ah, you’re the leader, do you understand me?” He directed the question to leader Onew.

“Arasso hyung,” Onew sunbae-nim replied.

“Okay. Get back to work everybody!” The manager said, standing up from his seat.

I can see that the SHINee members still aren’t sure whether they believe what the Manager said or not. But for me, I didn’t really ask for something like this to happen. I just want to get near Key-oppa, that’s all; but I think this is a bit too much. But since it happened, I think I just have to go with the flow… for now.

~~3RD PERSON POV~~

Manager Orabeoni left the room because he was called for a meeting. Elynne was left in the room with her shining idols.

“Annyeong, Elynne-sshi! Gwenchana?” Taemin asked her.

“Gwenchana, Taemin sunbae” Elynne said.

“It’s practice time, Taemin-ah Come on!” Key reminded Taemin.

“Coming, hyung!” yelled Taemin.

“He’s … so COLD!” Elynne thought to herself.

As a trainee, she was assigned to train with SHINee the whole day. Aside from that, she was also assignedto prepare the things SHINee would need for the whole day, wardrobe, make-up. She also has to make sure they will eat on time. It was the extra load given to her. When she has free time, she can read her books and prepare for her exams. She intentionally didn’t inform anyone about her upcoming exams because she didn’t want to be a burden. For now, she has to work double time.

“Elynne-ah! My coat!” Minho called on to her.

“Coming Minho-sunbae!” Elynne replied.

“Yah! Elynne-ah! Where are my shoes?” Key snappily asked.

“….”

“Yah! My shoes!” he said, now shouting.

“Cold-hearted animal!” Elynne said grudgingly to herself.

“Coming sunbae!” she answered.

“Ppalli! Ppalli! Ppalli!” Key insisted.

“He’s really… intolerable!” she said once again to herself.

“Yes! Arasso!” Elynne said.

The whole day, she was just running to and from the whole room, floor and building, getting and giving everything SHINee needs and wants. It was a very tiring job, but she really works hard, and for a young girl like her, she’s really doing a good marvelous job.

“It’s time to go home, guys!” Onew said.

“Yes! Finally we’re done!” Key said while stretching his arms.

“Right!” Taemin explained. He then looked at Elynne then said, “Elynne-ah are you fine? You look exhausted.”

“I’m fine, sunbae. I think I must prepare your bags now; so you can go home early. You must sleep well and rest so you’ll have enough strength for tomorrow, sunbae!” Elynne said, reassuring Taemin.

“But you have to rest too!” Taemin insisted.

“I will… sunbae, after I finish work.” Elynne said with a smile.

~~~~~

“Excuse me, can I have everyone’s attention, please?” The Manager said as soon as he entered the room.

“I am about to make a special and important announcement. Everyone, take a seat first.”

“So… I had a meeting with the bosses a while ago. They ordered me to transfer SHINee into a new and bigger where you should stay after practices.” Manager explained.

“Wooohooo!!! Yes!” The SHINee members chorused.

“What’s the catch?” Minho asked knowing there is something more.

“But… since Elynne will work as atrainee with SHINee she has to stay with you guys too, in the dorm.” The manager said.

“Omo!” SHINee reacted.

 

“Bwoh? Manager Hyung… that’s… IMPOSSIBLE!” Key strongly objected.

“Elynne is staying with us? For real?” Minho asked not wanting to believe.

“Everyday? All the days of our life!?!” Jonghyun exclaimed.

“Are you serious, hyung?” Onew asked.

“Yes to all, boys.” Confirmed the manager.

Only Taemin and Elynne were silent. Finally…

"So... I'm staying with SHINee in their dorm... Uhmm..." Elynne said repeating what the anager has said still trying to process everything that is happening.

~~~~~

"Bwoh??? In their dorm? Manager Orabeoni, that's utterly unbelievable! How could that... how could that happen?" Elynne asked.

"It's happening now. So if I were you, you have to make arrangements as soon as possible so that everyone can go back home. And Oh! Just a reminder, there are only 3 rooms in the dorm, so I guess there must be 2 people sharing in a room, because obviously, there are 6 of you." The manager said.

"It's really true. I'm staying with them; especially with Key, my SHINeeng S-T-A-R!!! My gosh! I can't believe it!" She said to herself excitedly.

"How could we do that? How could we possibly stay with her?" Key said.

"Good... That's very sweet! Treating me as if I'm not a person, eh?!" Elynne said to herself.

"You have to; because that's an order, Kim Kibum! Now, go ahead. I suggest you conduct draw lots so it would be fair for everybody"

"I think that would do," Onew said, agreeing with the manager.

"Okay, I got to go now. Take care everyone!" The manager said as he bid farewell.

"Bye hyung! Good night! Thanks for the hard work!" the one with Onew-condition said.

 

~~~~

"So I guess we must follow Manager Hyung's suggestion, let's conduct draw lots." the leader said.

Everyone wrote their respective names on a piece of paper and put it inside a small box. Jonghyun drew the first pair.

"To stay on the first room are... Minho and... Onew hyung!" Jjong exclaimed.

"Yes!" both Onew and Minho said, high five-ing each other.

"For the 2nd pair, it's... ME! and... KEY!!!"

"Yeobo!" Key said lovingly.

"That leaves Taeminie and Elynne-sshi" Jjong said.

"Mianhe Taemin sunbae. Jeosonghamnida, Onew sunbae, Minho sunbae, Jonghyun sunbae and Key sunbae. If I were not here, you must not all be havinh a very hard time. Mianheyo." Elynne apologized.

"No! There's absolutely no reason for you to be sorry, Elynne-ah! Don't mind them! You're staying with me in my room tonight right? And every night too?" Taemin said, wanting to lift her spirits.

"I guess," she said shyly.

"The come on! Let's go home now! I'm so excited to go to our new and bigger dorm and also I want to sleep now." Taemin said, quoting what the manager said a while ago.

"Okay, let's all go home now," said Onew, having the last say.

 

"Maknae Lee Taemin... The boy who no noona could ever resist. His smiles and charms. His sweet charming smile. SHINee's baby. My new roommate."

 

 

A/N 

Orabeoni - formal way to say Oppa

Ppalli- Faster

Maknae- youngest

Sunbae- senior