Auditions

OPPA, You Are The One

~~Third Person POV~~

What troubles Elynne the most now is the upcoming auditions. The journey towards the moment of truth is just in front of her and all the other aspirants; each with a different story to tell and a different talent to showcase.

"How can I prove to them that I need this the most? What if I just back out? Go home and just forget about Key-oppa and all of my dreams?" These thoughts occupied the young girl's mind while she waited outside of the judging room.

"No! What the heck am I thinking of? Two years, two years of being an ever loyal Shawol and I'll just throw away those two years that easily? No. Absolutely not. No way! I love Key-oppa! And I'll never lose hold of my dreams! Never!" This she firmly said to herself. 

The song she will perform is a song she herself composed. A song dedicated to her family; especially to her daddy who is far away working in another country. She gathered up all her self-confidence as the number of aspirants in front of her decreases.

"You can do this, Elynne, you'll pass! Believe in yourself and in Key-oppa! Araso?" she thought to herself.

"FIGHTING!" she said aloud.

All eyes on her. She too was shocked at her own voice.

"Of course you can do that. Fighting!" said the unnie beside her said encouragingly.

"Uhmm... Fighting!" she numbly replied, stll red from embarassment.

One more aspirant and it's Elynne's time to shine.

Taemin, Minho and Jonghyun passed by the aspirants and also heard Elynne's voice a moment ago.

"Annyeong!" They greeted the aspirants; but all their eyes are fixed on the same girl, Elynne.

This sent butterflies in her stomach.

"Annyeonghasaeyo," she faintly replied.

As they passed through her, she still wonders why those three gave her such inexplainable stares.

Meanwhile, there are another set of eyes staring at her, Key's and Onew's.

"Hyung, I feel really strange about that girl," confessed Key.

"Huh? What do you mean strange? To me, she's just like the others; if you mean, it's because of the scene she accidentally created a while ago, it's just normal for people like her to do that. Maybe it's her way to release all her insecurities and uncertainties before performing," defended Onew.

"I know, hyung... Maybe you're right... Maybe it's just because of that," Key said, accepting his hyung's explanation.

But the thoughts of the girl who made a commotion never left Key's mind even after hearing what Onew said.

 

~~

The door opened, and Elynne entered the room. The lights almost blinded her; and as she adjusted her eyes to the place, she saw three judges sitting side by side at the ack of the large-sized brown table. She swallowed hard and introduced herself. One of the judges smiled at her.

"Good! At least I know someone, somehow would appreciate what I did even if I can't meet their expectations, I guess" she said, comforting herself with the thought.

One of the other two judges then gave her a signal to start.

She sang confidently; which left everyone in the room silent. She not only put her heart into the song, but also her soul, mind, and all her desperations, frustrations, passions, cares and hopes intot hat one single song. She thought of her family, friends, of Key-oppa, and of course, she thought of her dearest father. 

She was nearly crying when the song ended. Everyone in the room applauded; except the two judges who kep the same expressionless face since she came in.

"I'm done! Yes! Finally... Win or lose, pass or fail... At least I was able to sing the song with all my heart... The least I could do is try... For you Key-oppa. For you!" she told herself while silently celebrating; she herself was satisfied at what she'd done.

She was told to go and wait for the announcements the following day.

 

 

"She was perfectly amazing," the two judges said almost simultaneously as the door shut behind Elynne, both no doubt mesmerized.