Infiltration

Target: Aquired

"Byulyi, Byulyi. Can you hear me?" A sharp voice filled Moonbyul's ears, making her squirm. The earpiece she used was connected to a network that was hosted by Wheein.

"Loud and clear." Moonbyul walked up to a suspicious looking box that was secured with a lock. "There's some treasures here. Send me a live scan of the area." She muttered, pulling her phone from her pocket, showcasing a map with live updates of people's locations. After studying the map for a while, she put her phone away. She got close to the treasure. "Wheein."

"Yes?"

"There are four cameras in the main hall. Hack into them and shut them down, please. Oh, and if you can, can you get those guards in front of the room the target is in?"

"On it. Those guards... Robots, rather. They're encrypted." Wheein tried to break into their system to shut them down.

"Ah, they're robots? What an interesting choice of security. From here onwards, I'll switch to mind-comms." She reached into her pocket and took out a wire which she plugged into the earpiece and an audio jack near her nape that was linked to a device. "It takes a bit of getting used to."Moonbyul huffed, breaking open the lock with a strong pull. Slowly lifting the cover, her eyes lit up, and a wicked smile stretched along her face. "Gold. Wheein, it's gold!" Flinging the bag she had on her back onto the floor, the scooped up the coins and poured them into the bag, careful not to make the bag too heavy.

"Great. You know how much that sells for? Fortunes! We will be so rich by the time we eliminate this target." Wheein had a tinge of excitement in her voice. An update came into her computer as she kept on being updated with camera footage that was streamed by her friend. "Her room should be at the end of that hallway. I eliminated those guards, by the way."

"Alright, let's test out these weapons Hwasa gave me earlier today." Taking out a gun from it's thigh holster, she loaded it and primed it, walking down the hallway quickly as not to draw further attention. As she walked up to two piles of metal that were sparking, she took a knife and stabbed them both in the neck. She leaned against the door, and took a deep breath. "Going in." She opened the door with her shoulder and pointed the gun in front of her. "Wheein, where the hell are they?"

"Just wait. She's hiding in the closet on your left." Wheein smirked, seeing the camera footage from the room.

'She?' A thought echoed in Byulyi's mind.

Moonbyul closed the door behind her, eyeing the closet that was in the left of the room. The room itself looked expensive. Marble flooring, a rug made from a questionably soft fur, gold details everywhere, a showcase of diamonds, a king-sized bed. The closet looked like a portal to another dimension. The gun in her hand was shaking. No, it was Moonbyul shaking with fear and anticipation.

"I know you're in here. Show yourself." Moonbyul raised her voice, hearing a quiet, cute shriek coming from the closet. "Wait, what?" Taking another glance at the room and a closer look at the closet, she lowered the gun. After walking up to the closet, she opened it slowly, seeing saw a woman curled up into a ball, her eyes flooded with tears. "Are you... Crying?" Moonbyul asked, the woman looking up at her menacing posture. "Wheein, are you sure this is my target?"

"Yes, of course. Her name is Kim Yongsun, otherwise known as Solar." Wheein's voice was heard through the earpiece.

"Are you... Yongsun?" Moonbyul asked, the girl looking up at her again and nodding slightly. A worried look soon overcame their faces. She put the gun into it's holster, keeping the earpiece in her ear, still streaming images and sound into Wheein's computer.

"Please, get me out of here." Yongsun muttered through sobs as she wiped her eyes with her sleeve. "What's your name?"

"Byulyi, retreat. Right now. Dont expose information. You're going to get into trouble if you disconnect aga-" Wheein was cut off as Moonbyul disconnected herself from the network.

"Just call me your hero." She smiled, picking up the girl from the closet princess-style and bursting through the door, running along the hallway. After putting the girl down and grabbing the bag she left on the floor that was full of gold, she took Solar by the hand and ran with her outside of the royal building.

Once they were outside, the two exchanged glances and ran into a nearby park. It was the middle of winter and the park was coated with a blanket of snow. Moonbyul took off the hoodie she had and put it over Solar, the girl clearly shivering.

"So uhh, why, and how, did you find me?" Solar asked, being brutally straightforward.

"Sorry, but I'm going to have to head home." She dodged the question. "My name is Moonbyuli. Keep the hoodie. Let it keep you warm this winter." She smiled, giving her a thumbs up. She began to run, her figure being lit up by streetlights once in a while and soon dissapeared into the distance

 
 

When Moonbyul arrived to the headquarters that were hidden on a floor in a gun shop that Hwasa owned, she was instantly slapped by her two acquaintances.

"You disconnected from the network again." Hwasa glared at her with a stern face.

"The chip got fried." Moonbyul muttered out an excuse.

"If it did, it would show me an error message, not a disconnection." Wheein huffed. "In other words, where's your hoodie?"

"I lost it." She sat down on a chair, looking sad. "I lost the target, too. She jumped out of the window, and I followed her. She ran into the crowd, and I could no longer find her." She took the bag she had off of her back and kicked it towards Wheein.

"Ah, the gold." She hurriedly opened the bag, revealing piles of shiny gold coins, a smile spreading across Wheein's and Hwasa's faces.

"Byulyi, I'll need you to go back there and actually kill her. Her evil intentions are going to be exposed soon after the world finds out about her death." Hwasa crossed her arms, looking at the girl.

"F-fine. If theres any information about me, delete it." Moonbyul stuttered.

'I can't.'