One

WALLFLOWER (BTS Jungkook fanfiction)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

He’s beautiful.  Yup. That’s the only way to describe Jungkook.  He grew up since you’ve last seen him.  He filled out that shirt nicely and is now towering over you.  Not that he would notice.  Because as usual, you are standing on the sidelines like a wall flower.  High school separated you from the three men now currently forming the central attraction for all the girls in the room.  Taehyung, Jimin and Jungkook.  It’s not fair really.  All the girls are reduced to giggling idiots.

 

You sighed and looked at the clock again.  Unbelievably, time is still moving too slow.  You have no idea how you got drafted into this soirée with guys from the other Department.  Somehow, you found yourself getting dragged by your roommate to this party.  And it was here that your startled eyes landed on Jungkook.  You grew up with them.  You lived next door to Jimin and three doors down from Taehyung.  You all went to the same elementary school.  But your parents moved to America and took you with them when you were in high school.

 

You decided to return after a couple of years and finish the rest of your studies back home. Your parents relented on the condition that you move in with your grandparents.  It’s not surprising then that most of your peers find you too boring or too old fashioned.  University life is certainly different.  Half the people here were like you, buried up to their noses in books, assignments and academic responsibilities.  The other half were partying like there’s no tomorrow.  Just like your roommate.

 

You turned and headed for the snack table to grab a can of beer and whatever looks edible.  You were still pondering your choices when you felt somebody standing behind you.  You ignored whoever it was since there were too many people in this party for you to recognize anybody.  You certainly didn’t expect your childhood crush to be here.

 

“The nuts are stale if you’re thinking of grabbing some of that.” The person behind you spoke up.  You raised your eyebrow and turned to look.  It’s Jimin. He’s still got that friendly smile that he used to have.  

 

“Hey neighbor!  Long time no see.” You blinked at his words, surprised that he actually remembered that you used to be neighbors, let alone the fact that he’s talking to you and making you the target of several glares.  

 

“Uh...yeah.  Okay.” You grabbed a can of beer and hastily tried to make escape.  You bumped into somebody almost immediately and felt large hands grasping your shoulders to hold you steady before you fall flat on your face.  Looking up to mumble a word of thanks, you nearly swallowed your own tongue.  Taehyung was looking down at you with a touch of concern in his eyes.  He was smiling slightly, and looking slightly puzzled.  You nodded thanks, and apologized for bumping into him, and shrugged off his hold before anybody notices.

 

Running off to one of the plastic chairs currently scattered around the backyard, you picked the farthest and most isolated one. You need time to recover from that double encounter.   Sighing in relief, you plopped down on the chair and pulled the tab on your can of beer.

 

That’s when disaster struck and the beer went off like a bomb in your hands, spewing the golden liquid inside.  Your clothes were soaked in seconds.  You were still looking dumbfounded at the now Half-empty can, feeling wetness of your clothes as it clung to your chest, when Jungkook approached you.  

 

“Hey, you Okay?” He bent down slightly to peer down at your face which is currently dripping in cold beer.  Wet tendrils of hair obscured your eyes and your mouth was still agape in surprise.  He bit his lip to stop himself from smiling.  Perfect.  You see Jungkook for the first time in how many years and you look like a downed rat.  He gently brushed aside the  hair from your eyes and crinkled his eyes in silent laughter as he tapped your chin lightly to close your mouth.

 

You squeezed your eyes closed in embarrassment for a second.  You were surprised to see him suddenly stiffening looking everywhere but you.  He turned around quickly and took off the plaid shirt he was wearing over his t-shirt.  He handed it to you without once looking at you.  Frowning, you looked down and gasped.  The cold beer plastered your top to your chest, it  ceased concealing your body and instead accentuated every curve.  It also pebbled your s making them stick out like small nubs.  You crossed your arms over your chest and hastily accepted the shirt he offered to conceal your body.

 

“Thanks.” You mumbled as you stood up.  Now is definitely the time to leave and go back to your dorm.  You shivered slightly and wondered how you are going to manage to go back to the dorms without going through the house which is still

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter