#5: Unknown

Euphoria
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(A/N: The title is really 'Unknown', It's not like I don't know what to name this chapter 😅😅 Or maybe if someday that happened, I'll just put 'No Title' 😊😊)

————————————————
Jungkyun's POV

Hyun-oppa and I were in the way home. This is our habit now. Going home together. For today, we are riding a taxi.

It was really silent when oppa broke it. "The customers were missing your voice. They would be very happy if you would sing again. They also said that it was very charming and gentle." He said. "So how about sing the original version of 'Coffee' next time?"

"Original version?"

"Yeah. Urban Zakapa's 'Drinking Coffee'. BTS just made a remake of it. You could sing it with Seokjoon."

"Oh okay. Tomorrow?"

"You could practice with Seokjoon during breaks so you two would be prepared."

"Okay then, next week?"

"That would be great." He ended the conversation of the singing topic and bring up another one that I did not expect.

"Who was the man that talked to you earlier at the shop? What's his business with you?" He asked with full curiosity.

"H-he..." I feel nervous by just the thought of answering the question.

"What's his name?" Hyun-oppa decided to help me.

"Oh Sang-min." I answered shortly.

"What does he do for a living?"

"He's a vocal teacher."

"Where?"

"At CORIDEL Entertainment."

"What were you talking about earlier?"

"He was asking me if I can train at the company he's working at."

"What did you respond?"

"I haven't​ answered him." I said as I look down on my lap. "So basically..."

"You got scouted?" He cutted me and continued the statement that I was about to say. I just nodded. "Also Seokjoon, he got scouted too." I added.

"If you ever accept his offer, will you be okay?"

"What do you mean, oppa?"

"What I mean is, what if the same events happen again? I don't want you getting hurt." He said in very worried tone. Who would not be worried in this kind of situation?

"It won't oppa, it won't. I promise." I replied as I hold his hand and reassure him.

Silence came again after that and there's​ still time before arriving home.

"I'm pretty sure Seokjoonie's mom would be very happy at the news." He suddenly bring up.

"Yeah. But what about his father?" I asked. Seokjoon never mentioned his father when he talks about his family. Only his mom and his younger sister, Yeojin.

"He hasn't told you yet? I thought you were his best friend?" Hyun-oppa asked in disbelief.

"I am his best friend. But it's just that, he never mentions his father when it comes to family stuffs." I said.

"His father left them."

"Sorry, what again?"

"Seokjoon's father left him and his mom, by the time Yeojin was born. But he did not blame his little sister as the cause of his father leaving them. It was his father's decision, not Yeojin's. That's why he works as a waiter at JJCC, as his part time job. He needs money to support his family. Especially Yeojin, since she's in middle school already. Seokjoon's father still send them food and money years ago. I don't know what happened why he suddenly stopped." Hyun-oppa explained.

"But he said that he just works to support his school expenses."

"I always give him enough money to support ALL of his needs. I also told him that if he needs any help, just approach you or our family. He gladly accepted."

"I can't believe Seokjoon already experienced those things. I really feel bad for him." I thought to myself.

Hyun-oppa broke my train of thoughts when he told me that we've arrived. I also told Umma and Appa about the offer and they also asked the same question oppa asked me. I reassured them and also told Kook. He asked the same question but he's a little more worried than them. He told me things​ like: "be careful", "stay safe", "you could always tell me everything", "I will always be here" and more.

I'm staring at my phone screen thinking if I will dial Sangmin-oppa's number or not.

I hesitantly pressed the dial button and now waiting for him to pick up.

"Yeoboseyo? (Hello?)"

"Is this Oh Sang-min?"

"Yes. This must be Jeon Jung-kyun. Am I right?"

"I'll go straight to the point, oppa. I have something to tell you."

————————————————
"Psst!" Seokjoon called me. We finished school earlier this time. He has this big smile plastered on his face the whole time.

"So what happened? Why are you so happy?" I asked him as we walk together to JJCC.

"My mom was really happy at the news I told her yesterday! Yeojin was really happy as well!"

"I'm glad to here that, Joonie. So did you call him?"

"Yeah, I already accepted the offer."

"So he just needs my answer now huh?" I thought.

"How about you?

"I called him last night and told him that I think I need more time."

"More time? What are you waiting for Kyunie? Christmas?"

"I just think that I really need some time."

Seokjoon gave up and sighed. "Suit yourself." He said and ran away.

"Hey! Wait for me!" I shouted and ran as fast as I can to catch up with him.

He halted for a bit and stuck his tongue out on me. More like a merong.

"YAH!" I shouted even more and ran faster.

————————————————
We arrived at the shop panting hard and sweating a lot. Hyun-oppa was the first to see us. He told Juhyeon-noona to wipe off our sweat while he was wiping the cups one by one.

"What did you guys do this time?" Noona asks as she wipes my sweat. Seokjoon was fanning himself as the actual fan was in front of him.

"Hey! Share some of the air!"

"Okay, okay!"

We both sighed and told Juhyeon-noona why came like this.

"Aish, you kiddos." She said as she flicks both of our foreheads.

"Oww.." we both said in unison.

"You both, change your clothes now. NOW." she said with stern voice.

"Yes, Juhyeon-noona." We both said in unison, again. And we giggled after.

"Okay, stop that. Go now." We stood up and changed our clothes.

  ———————————————— 
It's almost afternoon, and every workers of JJCC are going home one by one, but still a lot are here. I am wiping the cups now and Seokjoon was washing them. The others are wiping tables. 

"Jungkyun-ssi, there's a letter left here in one of the tables just for you!" A female voice called me. "I'm pretty sure that's Jihye-noona. Go to her, I'll just continue wiping the cups." Seokjoon said and I nodded. I approached Jihye-noona and she handed me the letter. "What's this?" I asked as I open the envelope. "I found it in one of the tables when I was wiping it." she explained. "Oh okay, thanks noona." she nodded. I dried my hands went back inside with Seokjoon.

He was beside me peeking inside the envelope. I opened it and read the note:

Dear Jungkyun, 

                                  I am a fan of you and I am very sorry if I have not attend the cafe today. The coffees you make are very soft and delicious just like your lips. Anyway, I really like your voice. I actually miss it. I once dreamed of you singing in front of me. I really like you, a lot. 

I love you~!

- E.J.

I was frowning the whole time when I was reading this. 

"Eunjin-ssi." Seokjoon spoke.

"Huh?"

"Eunijn."

"What about her?"

"It's her who wrote the letter."

"How can you be so sure?"

"E.J. Eunjin. Eun Jin. I'm just giving a guess."

"But it could be... Erica Jones!"

"Erica Jones? Really?" Seokjoon asks in disbelief and rolled his eyes.

"Or maybe, Eric Jackson." then I continued giving names.

"Eli Jung, Ethan James, or Edward Johnson. It could be anyone, Joonie. Let's just not assume things." I told him and he nodded. 


 

"Hey you two, come here." Hyun-oppa called us with his straight face. "What's wrong?" I immediately thought. We approached him and stood in front of him. "Hyung, what's wrong?" "Don't call me 'hyung' Seokjoon! I'm your boss, call me BOSS!" oppa quickly retorted back. On the other side, he looks so scared so he nodded immediately and bowed. "Jwesonghabnida (I'm sorry)." "What wrong with Hyun-oppa today? Mood swings? Is he on his period? I never thought that can happen to males." I thought.

"I'm taking your positions as waiter and waitress at JJCC." 

I had my eyes widened upon hearing this. "Hyung.. - I mean, Boss.. why? I need money to support my family's needs. Especially my sister Yeojin." Seokjoon was in the verge of crying. What shocked me more is he even knelt in front of oppa's feet. "Kyun," he called me. "You are no longer working as a waitress in JJCC!" he yelled. "WHY??!" I yelled back. I can't stand seeing my best friend like this. I dragged him to stand up.


















 

"Because you two are going to be entertainers from now on." He said calmly. "What?" I thought to myself.


 

"Entertainers?" I asked in disbelief.

"Yeah. What I mean awhile ago is, it doesn't mean that you are not going to work here anymore. All you have to do is to entertain people by singing coffee shop songs - or even love since it's relaxing - every Tuesday and Thursday. During Monday, Wednesday and Friday, you don't have to attend work. Just practice for your upcoming performances. Don't worry Seokjoonie,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter